PDA

View Full Version : Fallout general thread

Frog Dragon
2009-10-10, 02:20 PM
(I searched lots of Fallout related threads, but not one general thread)
Here's babbling about Fallout.

I have a problem. When I went to vault 15, I searched the whole third level upside down, downside up, inside out and outside in and didn't get the water chip message. So what's up? How can I make sure I get the message

Or does in come in that green text on a black screen info screen? If so, is there a way to view old messages int that thingy. Because if the "no water chip here" message went into the info box, it's likely that I missde it.

SparkMandriller
2009-10-10, 02:57 PM
If you know there's no water chip there, why do you need a message?

I mean, it's not gonna tell you anything you don't already know.

Frog Dragon
2009-10-10, 03:12 PM
First off. I'm not sure how continuable the game's (current) main plot is if I don't get the message. Also I want the 500 xp:smallbiggrin:
If it doesn't matter though, I could just get the actual water chip and bring it to Vault 13.

chiasaur11
2009-10-10, 03:20 PM
First off. I'm not sure how continuable the game's (current) main plot is if I don't get the message. Also I want the 500 xp:smallbiggrin:
If it doesn't matter though, I could just get the actual water chip and bring it to Vault 13.

The chip is in the upper right of the lowest level. Other than the 500 Exp it doesn't matter.

Winthur
2009-10-10, 04:45 PM
I suppose you mean the XP points you get for the message: "It appears that the way to the waterchip systems is blocked. It's time to look somewhere else" or something like that. To do this, you have to approach (closely) the pile of rubble that blocks your way to one of the corridors (the one you would go to in Vault 13 to meet the Overseer). Do this and you get the XP points. (no idea why is it so necessary, though.)

Triaxx
2009-10-10, 05:56 PM
Hey, 500xp is 500xp. :smallcool: Besides, it's all in the spirit of exploring.

TheDarkOne
2009-10-10, 11:18 PM
It's a been a long time since I player the game, but if it's a experience reward thing, it's likely that it was just the quick message at the bottom of the screen.

Frog Dragon
2009-10-11, 09:40 AM
Well, I've been running around in the necropolis. Killed the super muties and fixed the water pump, but the sewer ghould dude didn't give me the chip. I'm guessing I need to find it inside the necropolis.

Winthur
2009-10-11, 09:50 AM
Indeed. I think that you've to enter the building with the repaired water pump. In one of the rooms (near the prison with an imprisoned ghoul) there's a ladder that leads to the Necropolis vault. If you've repaired the pump, the "shiny" ghouls down there should only say some hostile things but won't do anything. (And killing them amounts to nothing if you already repaired the chip). Also, talk to Seth after you've killed the mutants. :smalltongue:

Frog Dragon
2009-10-12, 02:48 PM
Well I did that quest pretty soon after my last post. I've already gone to the overseer and gotten the new quest and been doing some side quests for a while.