PDA

View Full Version : Gurps Ultra-lite

Ichneumon
2009-10-11, 02:53 AM
So, what do you think of Gurps ultra-lite (http://e23.sjgames.com/item.html?id=SJG37-0032)? Personally, I am a fan of simple game systems and I'd like to give it a try some day. The only problem I have with it is that there is no magic system, which would complicated it a lot of course, but it really limits what you can do with it.

Melamoto
2009-10-11, 05:43 AM
Looks interesting. Start on GURPS Ultra-lite, and then maybe up to GURPS lite, and eventually to GURPS if you like them. I would happily DM a GURPS Ultra-lite game...if I could DM any game. Still, the advantage of GURPS Ultra-lite is that if you can DM any game, then you can DM for it.

Cybren
2009-10-11, 02:25 PM
I wouldn't start on GURPS Ultra-Lite if you intend to transition to regular GURPS. It wasn't intended on being "Simpler GURPS", it was intended on being "An ENTIRE RPG ON A SINGLE PAGE!!!11".

Kaldrin
2009-10-11, 02:31 PM
Lite is pretty good for those who want to get into the game with baby steps. Ultra-lite just seems to be taking away too much... maybe to have someone who is an obstinate single system player check out. But I can't for the life of me see it being played seriously in any other way.