PDA

View Full Version : Air Subtype question

Kobold-Bard
2009-10-11, 08:30 AM
Quoting from the SRD:

Air Subtype
This subtype usually is used for elementals and outsiders with a connection to the Elemental Plane Air. Air creatures always have fly speeds and usually have perfect maneuverability.

A character I'm building is a Humanoid who has gained the Air Subtype. What would his fly speed be? Same as his land speed, double it etc.?

Thanks in advance.

Eldan
2009-10-11, 08:45 AM
Well, that depends. How did he gain the subtype? As far as I know, templates giving the air subtype usually mention what kind of fly speed you get.

Kobold-Bard
2009-10-11, 08:53 AM
Well, that depends. How did he gain the subtype? As far as I know, templates giving the air subtype usually mention what kind of fly speed you get.

It's a homebrew only PbP game. I'm using a class that gives you the appropriate Subtype based on what Dragon's Breath Weapon you choose.

I picked Green Dragon, giving me the Air Subtype. It's says I should get a Fly Speed, but it doesn't give any suggestions for how fast.

I know it's homebrew so I will just ask the DM, but I figured I might as well ask if there was a proper ruling.

BenTheJester
2009-10-11, 11:23 AM
Not more than your move speed since it's no LA and you get perfect maneuverability

Kobold-Bard
2009-10-11, 01:45 PM
Not more than your move speed since it's no LA and you get perfect maneuverability

Works for me. I completely forgot about the subtype thing until today. I'll go see what the DM says.

Thanks you guys.