PDA

View Full Version : Samorost

Kasbe
2009-10-11, 02:58 PM
SAMOROST

http://s48.radikal.ru/i119/0902/86/85b6e9d3efe2.jpg

Introduction:
Welcome to the Samorost game forum. I will use this first post to track down important information and post updates. Please use your first post to link to your character sheet, post a brief description and portrait if you find a suitable one.

Current Players:
Eleventh Hour - Bard Character sheet (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=159302)
MadTinker - Barbarian Character sheet (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=159530)
Icarus Smith - Paladin of Freedom Character sheet (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=159554)
KillerLoop - Wizard Character sheet (http://pifro.com/pro/view.php?id=3908)
Charl - Cleric Character sheet (http://pifro.com/pro/view.php?id=3924)

Game status:
Playing.

Adventure preview:

Though small, Seawell is a prosperous trading town with a good location on the coast. Next to it is a long peninsula that features mostly swamplike terrain. The inhabitants of this peninsula include tribes of lizardfolk, plus several kinds of reptiles and amphibians. Most of these creatures don't bother the town, and Seawell's militia is experienced at repulsing raids by the more aggressive lizardfolk.

A large reef extends the entire length of the peninsula on the side away from Seawell. This great wall of coral is a favorite site for fishermen, but it has always presented a serious hazard to ships approaching from that direction. Thus, about 45 years ago, the people of Seawell built a lighthouse on a small promontory near the reef, about 200 yards from the shoreline. Operated by a family that lived inside it, this lighthouse ensured that ships could easily steer clear of the reef.

A few weeks ago, ships stopped arriving from that direction. Three ships are now overdue, and the people of Seawell have begun to suspect foul play. Thus far, however, they have not been able to investigate because of increased raiding by the lizardfolk. Something has stirred them up, and the town militia has been too busy repulsing raids to mount an expedition to the reef.

Kasbe
2009-10-11, 03:00 PM
Status Screen:

NAME AC HP
Grog....................17..................15/15
Valencia................14................. 6 / 6
Coriolis................13..................6 / 6
Golleaen................17..................10/10
Elendra.................06..................5 / 5

Treasure record:

None yet

Experience:

Grog: 0 xp
Valencia: 0 xp
Coriolis: 0 xp
Golleaen: 0 xp
Elendra: 0 xp

madtinker
2009-10-11, 05:21 PM
Rolling for starting gold [roll0]x10
I assume max HP at 1st level? If not, [roll1]

Almost done with stuff statistics wise pretty much everything.

Meet Grog Fellhammer (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=159530), Half-orc Weapon smithing barbarian.

Rather short for and a half orc, he is solidly built with many burns on his face and forearms from flying forge cinders and years of smithing without an apron. He says that feeling the pain of the steel builds a connection with the weapon smithed. He grins often from behind large, sharp teeth, and has a stubby, broken nose from many confrontations in the local tavern.

Aggressive and passionate, he considers his friends above all else. He might fight and curse in the tavern, but at heart he dearly loves the humans who adopted him into their village, and would erase all traces of his father's legacy if he could. Despite being jovial friends with many in the village, he is still quite lonely, as no one shares his heritage or completely accepts his rather grotesque appearance.

Killerloop
2009-10-11, 05:47 PM
Rolling wealth: [roll0]x10
HP if not max: [roll1]

madtinker
2009-10-11, 06:03 PM
Grog wishes to craft his own Bastard Sword and dagger. He owns artisan's tools, and is a competent weaponsmith.

For Bastard Sword, DC 18, gp cost 35:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

For Dagger, DC 12, gp cost 2:
[roll6]
[roll7]

After the first week, he ruined material for the bastard sword, but worked really hard the second week and completed it. The dagger hasn't gotten enough attention, and some of the materials have been lost in the workshop, necessitating new materials.

Bastard Sword total cost: 17.5 gp

madtinker
2009-10-11, 06:07 PM
Rolling to finish crafting the dagger:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

After another two weeks of work, the dagger is completed. Total cost: 1 gp

The bastard sword has a wavy blade acid etched with geometric designs, with an angular hilt and heavy brass cross guard and pommel. The handle is wrapped in coarse leather dyed red.

The dagger is a curved and shiny, reminding one of a dragon's fang. It's handle is also dyed red in the same style as the sword.

This has all been done in the past, when rumors passed through town of growing unrest in a neighboring kingdom.

Snacs
2009-10-11, 07:13 PM
In case we have to roll for these(-crosses fingers and hopes for max HP:P)
Hp: [roll0]
Starting Gold: [roll1]

Kasbe
2009-10-12, 12:45 PM
we will start as soon as you all finish your character sheets.

Snacs
2009-10-12, 10:24 PM
Character sheet with some fluff:
Valencia (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=159554)

Killerloop
2009-10-13, 02:52 AM
Here (http://pifro.com/pro/view.php?id=3908) is my sheet

charl
2009-10-13, 06:07 AM
I need an appropriate deity for my cleric. It should be a deity of water travel and trade. The kind you'd pray to before going on a long journey on a boat. I envision the deity as being chaotic good and giving me access to travel and water domains.

Killerloop
2009-10-13, 06:11 AM
Check out The Traveler from the eberron setting

charl
2009-10-13, 06:18 AM
Check out The Traveler from the eberron setting

I already know of him. I need one that is DM approved. :smallwink:

[roll0] HP
[roll1] (x10) Gold.

EDIT: Please tell me I can reroll or get max HP.

Kasbe
2009-10-13, 07:26 AM
oh wait wait, get max HP for the first level please. I didnt notice everyone rolling for it.
Please Charl, use a core deity, although if you like an Eberron or FR one, Im okay with that too.

charl
2009-10-13, 07:30 AM
oh wait wait, get max HP for the first level please. I didnt notice everyone rolling for it.
Please Charl, use a core deity, although if you like an Eberron or FR one, Im okay with that too.

Good one on the HP there.

As for a deity, I could go with Fharlangh, but with a small modification in that he doesn't seem to cover sea travel but I want him too (and he really should anyway). So if I could take him as my deity, but with the water domain that he doesn't have by RAW that would be fine for me. I can live with a neutral alignment.

Kasbe
2009-10-13, 09:11 AM
As for a deity, I could go with Fharlangh, but with a small modification in that he doesn't seem to cover sea travel but I want him too (and he really should anyway). So if I could take him as my deity, but with the water domain that he doesn't have by RAW that would be fine for me. I can live with a neutral alignment.
It's ok. If you can have your sheet, in about 5 hours when I get out of work we can start.

charl
2009-10-13, 11:28 AM
Here you go. (http://pifro.com/pro/view.php?id=3924)

Kasbe
2009-10-13, 03:36 PM
Ok, I updated the first post, added a link to your character sheets and put some referece info in the second one. As everything is ready, I think we can now start the game.

Problems in Seawell.

Another afternoon at the 'The crossroads' tavern. You're sitting in front of a mug of beer, but that doesnt seem enough to cheer you up. The place is like... dead. Only a few customers are scattered around the room, each one concentrated on their drinks, quiet. It's been 3 weeks since no merchant ship arrives at the local port and everyone's starting to get worried. And the worst part is that the militia is too busy fighthing the lizardfolks to take care of the problem. You're almost sure something is happening to the ships, because Seawell is a prosperous trading town no merchant in the zone would ignore on purpose. As business isnt going well, the town's mood hasnt been very lively.

You're looking at your mug, thinking about the beer there's left in it, when the bartender comes to you with a piece of paper. "Maybe this will interest you", he says, as he hands you the paper. "It's a note from the governor, he's looking for a group of volunteers to find out what's happening with the ships. He pays well.". He's about to get back to his duties, when he adds "I would go personally but, you know, I have children".(**)Bob has been your beer supplier for a lot of years, and the truth is that his tavern 'The Crossroads' (Situated in one of the best places in the town's swuare) has a very good and deserved reputation. He's married and has 2 children, both girls. His wife is famous for being very energic and strict with him, so he's been closing his closing the tavern (quite an in-popular decision) a bit early lately.

You look at the paper and you cant do anything but agree with the bartender, as he is offering 60gp per person, plus all the treasure you find.

(**)Bob has been your beer supplier for a lot of years, and the truth is that his tavern 'The Crossroads' (Situated in one of the best places in the town's square) has a very good and deserved reputation. He's married and has 2 children, both girls. His wife is famous for being very energic and strict with him, so he's been closing his closing the tavern (quite an in-popular decision) a bit early lately.

madtinker
2009-10-13, 04:26 PM
Hhm...Sounds good to me Bob. I'z about ti'am sum un stood up and did som'fin. Who els goin wif me?

Grog bangs his meaty fist on the bar, standing as he does so. Staring around the room, giving everyone a good look through his beady eyes, baring his fangs a bit for full effect.

charl
2009-10-13, 05:13 PM
Golleaen

Looking down in his beer, Golleaen shrugs and chugs the remaining drink. He uses his sleeve to dry the foam off his lip, burps a little bit, then says: "A'right. Getting a bit tired of sitting around anyway. I'll come with."

Killerloop
2009-10-14, 03:28 PM
Coriolis

The woman looked at his two companions with a frown while sipping his red wine. Carefully she raised, her dress dark like her hairs.

"I'll join you two...if only to teach some manners to your sorry heads"

charl
2009-10-14, 03:33 PM
Golleaen

Golleaen smiles at Coriolis's remark. "You are welcome to try, miss."

Kasbe
2009-10-15, 02:17 AM
Im going to NPC Eleventh Hour this time, as he's not posted since thread start. Let's see if he comes back today.

You go to meet the governor (Altama Henz) at the city center, and he thanks you for accepting the task. He explains you should go to the lighthouse and check what's up there, because they havent had any notices about the Kojar family (the lighthouse's operators) in a while. He hands you out 25gp each in advance to buy equipment and maybe hire a guide.

You recall the lighthouse being not too far from town. It's probably about 2 hours away by foot, across the swamps. The way is much easier by sea, as today it's a very bright day. Navigation should be far easier.

While planning your way to the lighthouse, an elf approaches you. "Hello. Im Elendra. I've been told you've been hired to investigate the missing ships issue. I've been waiting for a shipment that should have arrived last week. I'll go with you."

madtinker
2009-10-15, 07:19 PM
A'right. We got a ra'ght nice groop 'ere. I'z rarin ta go. I dinnae truzt da oshun. We'z betta be a' hoofin it.

Grog rolls his shoulders, checks the straps of his pack and armor, and looks around at the others, sloped forehead wrinkled in thought as he considers the unknown that lies ahead.

Killerloop
2009-10-16, 03:11 AM
"I like extra coins" said Coriolis toying with the money the governor gave them. His cat familiar moves behind her, occasionally rubbing the head against his left leg.

"Hello elf. Now if we are all set we can proceed to the lighthouse" said Coriolis, now readying a bolt on his heavy crossbow.

Say hello to Snowfur, Coriolis' white cat familiar... who happens to be a fearsome fighter since we're all level 1 :smallbiggrin:

Snacs
2009-10-16, 10:13 AM
Valencia had joined the group at the governor's office, and had simply nodded to the others as they headed off. She didn't need any extra equipment at hte moment, but she took the gold anyway, if only in case of emergency.

When the Elf introduced herself she smiled and replied in kind.

"Valencia, a pleasure to meet you all"She said with a simple smile that said she meant the words truthfully, not just as pleasant conversation. Her own pack hung off one shoulder, and she carried her trident casually in the other. At her belt was a loop of leather, from which hung a few light,slender javelins. Both sets of weapons were simple but functional and well-made.

madtinker
2009-10-21, 10:09 PM
Grog grunts loudly. "Humph. Best be agittin to i', iffin we wanna get thar by sun'douun." He then snorts and spits a giant booger on the cobblestones.