PDA

View Full Version : Good Wildshape forms for a Druid?

Milskidasith
2009-10-11, 03:11 PM
I'm playing a level 6 druid, and, as the title implies, I'm looking for good wildshape forms. I'm not really sure what to look for, though. I mean, I know I could look for grapplers, trippers, pouncers, etc. but I'm not really sure what qualities to look for (besides high damage).

And yes, I have natural spell, since somebody is going to mention that.

Kroy
2009-10-11, 03:19 PM
Fleshraker! MMIII I believe

Edwin
2009-10-11, 03:20 PM
Well at 6th level your choices are rather limited, but the old fashioned ones still apply.

You know, bears, cats, badgers, the loads.

I would look up the Fleshraker if I were you though, especially since everybody going to scream that at ya. Gotta get a few more levels first, of course.

Edit: Aha, seems I was ninja'ed. And correct.

PId6
2009-10-11, 03:20 PM
Fleshraker, always a classic.

Ninjas, always a danger.

Milskidasith
2009-10-11, 03:21 PM
Yes, Fleshraker plus that one thing that gives me +1d6/cl damage on all of my multiple poison attacks, along with multiattack and blah blah blah for cheese. I know of that combo. I could probably even get away with it. >_>

Eldrys
2009-10-11, 03:21 PM
Well at 6th level your choices are rather limited, but the old fashioned ones still apply.

You know, bears, cats, badgers, the loads.

I would look up the Fleshraker if I were you though, especially since everybody going to scream that at ya. Gotta get a few more levels first, of course.

Edit: Aha, seems I was double Ninja'ed*.

No, Fleshraker is a medium animal:smallamused:

Gah, so... many... ninjas!

Edwin
2009-10-11, 03:22 PM
No, Fleshraker is a medium animal:smallamused:

Shush, don't tell him that!

You fiendish bastard! :smallamused:

Eldariel
2009-10-11, 03:22 PM
Deinonychus is a good second option if Fleshraker isn't available. Crocodile is a nice grappler.

Bayar
2009-10-11, 03:27 PM
Its called venomfire.

Edwin
2009-10-11, 03:31 PM
Luckily, no one mentioned Master of Many Forms yet..

So.. much.. Pun Pun!

Milskidasith
2009-10-11, 03:32 PM
So Venomfire gives me +1d6/CL acid damage on three of my six fleshraker attacks and lasts for an hour/CL, correct?

EDIT: Could I get some recommendations for non dinosaur forms with lots of attacks?

Bayar
2009-10-11, 03:43 PM
Hydra. Cyrohydra.

Edit: wait, level 6. Umm...bear works wonders, as always.

Grumman
2009-10-11, 03:43 PM
Leopard give you three attacks and pounce.

Milskidasith
2009-10-11, 03:46 PM
Hydra. Cyrohydra.

Edit: wait, level 6. Umm...bear works wonders, as always.

Hydra's are magical beasts, so I can't transform into them. Leopard's don't seem very powerful. Dinosaurs are apparantly kings of the animal type.

The Glyphstone
2009-10-11, 03:47 PM
Hydra's are magical beasts, so I can't transform into them. Leopard's don't seem very powerful. Dinosaurs are apparantly kings of the animal type.

There's a feat in Frostburn called Frozen Wild Shape that lets you turn into Magical Beasts with the [Cold] subtype. This lets you turn into Cryohydas.

Milskidasith
2009-10-11, 03:49 PM
There's a feat in Frostburn called Frozen Wild Shape that lets you turn into Magical Beasts with the [Cold] subtype. This lets you turn into Cryohydas.

Uhh... That's pretty insane. Changing into a cryohydra, or having natural spell... both look like very nice options.

EDIT: NVM, can't take that for a while. Still a nice option for a level... 15 feat, when I can be a hydra. Unless by then it's not very useful.

Bayar

Then look here, I am tired and drowsy (not the actual user with that name here...just very sleepy).

http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19868802/Druid_Handbook_revived

Edit: get them both. Get Nat spell first, and frozen at level 9.

Grushvak
Did anyone mention Fleshraker? Because I hear it's pretty good.

Milskidasith
2009-10-11, 03:51 PM
Then look here, I am tired and drowsy (not the actual user with that name here...just very sleepy).

http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19868802/Druid_Handbook_revived

Edit: get them both. Get Nat spell first, and frozen at level 9.

Thank you for the guide!

Eldariel
2009-10-11, 03:53 PM
Leopard is a solid non-dinosaur pouncer on those levels, though doesn't quite measure up to the two dinosaur options.

Vizzerdrix
2009-10-11, 04:41 PM
Rust Monsters are nice. Not sure if you get the rusting qualities, but you should still send anyone in armor running for the hills.

The Glyphstone
2009-10-11, 07:28 PM
You need Abberant Wild Shape for that and Assume Supernatural Ability, which requires Abberant Blood. That's a three-feat investment before getting Natural Spell or Frozen Wild Shape.

Vizzerdrix
2009-10-12, 08:47 AM
You need Abberant Wild Shape for that and Assume Supernatural Ability, which requires Abberant Blood. That's a three-feat investment before getting Natural Spell or Frozen Wild Shape.

Do you need ASA? I thought you got to keep a shapes special attacks. If you turned into a viper would you have the poison in that case (also listed as a special attack)?

TheLaughingLich
2009-10-12, 08:50 AM
Rust is listed under Special Attacks and is (surprisingly) extraordinary, so it appears you do gain it through Wildshape.

Eldariel
2009-10-12, 10:04 AM
Rust is listed under Special Attacks and is (surprisingly) extraordinary, so it appears you do gain it through Wildshape.

That's the good part in Aberration Wildshape in general; many aberrations have very impressive Ex Special Attacks. Like Cloaker's all "Moan"s are Ex. And yeah, Rust and that whatever Crystal Eater from XPH. Of course, Aberration Wildshape also costs you two feats...