PDA

View Full Version : Questing for names IC [4e]

Mando Knight
2009-10-11, 03:15 PM
Because I still can't decide on another name.
OOC here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127987).

Whether through altruism or want for money, you have answered the mayor's call for aid. Gathering in his spacious office, he motions the five of you to sit down, and passes around a scrap of bloodied silk and a portrait of a young woman.

"My daughter was kidnapped last night. Whoever did it didn't leave a ransom note. Please help me find her."

boxboy582
2009-10-12, 12:37 AM
Axis Swiftcurrent'

The hulking man nods his head at the mayor's bidding to sit down. He then gingerly lowers himself into the chair, the chair groaning in protest at the strain. A pair of glazed over blue eyes slide over the room as Axis reaches into his belt to pull out his flask and take another pull from what smells like very cheap alcohol. To anyone unfortunate enough to be next to the man, the smell of months of substandard hygiene are very easy to see.

Screwing the cap back on his flask and returning it to his belt, Axis now busies himself with picking a flea from his knotted mop of red curly hair and crushing it between his gloved fingers.

The Mayor had forced him into doing this as a sort of penance for Axis' many drunken brawls across the small town. He had gained himself a bit of a reputation for it, in fact. It was either jail or this, and Axis wasn't too excited about going back to jail. So he was here, looking for some lost tart.

He chuckles as the Mayor finishes speaking. Heh. No ransom note, huh? Well at least she won't be hard to find. He chuckles more, finding himself quite humorous in his drunken state. He leans over to clap the nearest person on the back, his rancid breath spewing out in their direction. He sits back in his chair and reaches for the portrait. However, he stops himself short of grabbing it and holds up a hand as if to say, 'I've had an idea'. He then leans back and wipes his hands on his already tarnished golden armor and reaches back for the delicate piece, his hands just as filthy as before.

He roughly handles the fragile painting, seemingly unsure of how to treat it gently. He looks down at the girl and raises an eyebrow at the Mayor. Quite a looker you’ve got there. A pretty girl like that should turn up in no time. I know, He hastily stands and swaggers a bit on his feet, drunkenly off balance. As he speaks, flecks of spit fly out and stick to his bushy copper beard. I bet she's in one of the bars. I volunteer to take on this dangerous task. Will anyone choose to go with me? He raises one hand and places the other over the scratched out symbol of Kord on his chest. He thinks he's offering the rest of his companions a way out this job. Unfortunately for him, he is probably the only one who is here against his will.

Nai_Calus
2009-10-12, 01:19 AM
Ephram looks at the man who just clapped him on the back in disgust, his delicate features wrinkling at the smell, the sight and the crudeness.

"I rather doubt she's at a bar. Let me see that picture, before you destroy it." He takes it from the larger man, looking as if he'd rather put his hands near a demon. He spends a moment memorizing the girl's face before handing it to the nearest person who isn't Axis. He examines the silk, frowning, and passes that around as well.

"Of course I'll help you. Those who would harm others despoil the beauty of the world and are an offense to Corellon and to all sense of decency." He says, his face set in determination. "We'll find her, and make those responsible pay." He pauses for a moment.

"I don't suppose you have any other information? Witnesses? The state of the crime scene, or better yet, allowing us to examine it to see if we can find any clues?"

OOC: I swear to the gods I'm buying like a thousand scrolls of Fastidiousness at some point. :smalltongue:

Lunix Vandal
2009-10-12, 02:56 AM
Nisam accepts the silk and portrait from Ephram and takes a step away from Axis as he examines them. "Or, perchance, a trail from whatever caused this?" he asks, gesturing with the silk for emphasis. "I mean, wounds that stain clothes and bedsheets don't preternaturally stop bleeding of their own accord -- not unless there's a fair amount of either time or magic involved. From the sound of it, these people had neither."

Having himself memorized the portrait's contents to his satisfaction, he passes both items to the next person in line.

A'den
2009-10-12, 05:23 AM
After shortly arriving in this small town to study more of the historic lore before the war between Bael Turath and Arkhosia rent the world asunder a request had been hand delivered to present himself at the Mayor's residence. Alek was still not quite accustomed to being sought out to aid in someones else problem. It was not long ago he first strapped Red, his horse, to the dusty old hay cart and set forth into the world. Now he sat in a Mayor's humble office with four other grand adventurer's, though one a goblin he would hold his tongue until the cretin's actions gave him reason to doubt.

Alek took the picture and silken scarf taking a deep breath he retched as the fumes of the former Sir Axis almost make him gag. Putting the portrait and cloth in the same hand he waves a hand and mutters in the direction of Axis.

Prestidigitation: Create Sensory Influence: Eliminate Body Odor, Clean Axis's head for 1 hour.

Instantly the heavy odor of stale spirits and unwashed heathen is gone from the room replaced by a subtle of smell of a pine tree. Axis's red hair is abjured of dirt as well his face leaving a remarkably clean appearance starting from the nape of his head to a few inches below the golden armor that shines brilliantly compared to the rest of the tarnished suit.

"There at least a man can concentrate now." Alek muttered to himself though still audible to everyone present. His eyes seem to focus on a point faraway in front of him as his hand runs over the bloody silk piece delving for any trace of Arcane influence.

Arcana Check to Sense any Magical Influence in the bloody silk.
Arcana [roll0]

Mando Knight
2009-10-12, 10:23 AM
The piece of silk isn't a scarf, it's a piece that looks torn off from a lady's nightgown or such. To Alek's senses, no magic was used to directly harm the fragment, but the blood itself has a faint, nearly imperceptible, magic aura.

The mayor frowns at the drunken paladin. "She's not a tavern wench, fool. She was taken in the dead of night from her own quarters." His expression softens as he turns to the more... helpful men. "I can take you to them, but they're in a bit of a mess. I don't know how the perpetrators could have done all this without alerting the night watch."

A'den
2009-10-12, 01:27 PM
Passing the silken shred of nightgownAleklooked slightly perplexed the magical emanations he sensed came not from the mundane silk but the blood. As the mayor stood Alek handed the portrait to the Goblin but hung onto the piece of silk memorizing the feel of the magic aura in the blood.

Before they left Alek spoke up, "Your daughter did she have any talents for the Arcane, Mr. Mayor?"

Mando Knight
2009-10-12, 01:56 PM
"Her mother's side of the family seems to have some minor talents in it, yes. Distantly related to some ancient wizard or something, I think. She hasn't shown much of an interest in it herself yet, though."

A'den
2009-10-12, 02:52 PM
Alek tapped a finger against his chin as he considered the bloody silken nightgown shred the aura seemed to be strong enough to suggest it was more than merely the daughter's bloodline but magic was studied not passed down, some may have an aptitude for it more than others but unless she strayed into other fields or developed the arcane energies of a Sorceress it may of been the echoes of the magic of whoever kidnapped her.

"We should have a good look at this room too." The resonance would be stronger too if it the offending mage had not been careful.

Again Alek's eyes seemed to flutter as his hand wove a complex pattern over the nightgown shred. He had to focus on the task not what of may of happened to the poor woman. He sent an Arcane ping through the aura to test it for a resonance; if it was weak his own ping should of been returned weak, if it was stronger then his ping would be returned to him more for forcefully.

Arcana Check to test the Magic Aura for it's strength, basically whether its some vestige of a bloodline or the resonance of a spell cast on her.
[roll0]

boxboy582
2009-10-12, 04:08 PM
Axis Swiftcurrent

Axis eyes Ephram, a glint of drunken rage flaring up in behind his eyes. Who was this tea cozy of a man to tell him off? He opened his mouth to argue with the Eldarin, but Ephram continued before he managed to spit out whatever slurred insult he had thought of. He, instead, settled for leaning back in his chair and taking another pull from his flask.

Axis remained silent for the moment, his eyes lazily flicking across the room. He'd fallen a long way to be chasing after some Mayor's tart of a daughter.

He perked up when his head was magically cleaned. He looked around in surprise. He narrowed his glazed eyes at Alek and muttered something about him not being a man and who asked him for his help anyway. Rather uncharacteristic for Axis, he decided not to start a fight with the man and opted for another pull from his flask. The rancid drink inside sloshing about. It must be 3/4 empty by now.

After the Mayor addresses him, he leans forward and very matter-of-factly states: Ah. Just because she was taken from her room does not mean that she didn't wind up in a bar. Satisfied with his logic, he leans back and begins to grope for his flask once again. He stops and instead listens to the discussion about the girl and her room. He tosses his hands into the air and grumbles, By the spineless god that is Kord, One of his favorite expletives. let us go to the room. We'll not find anything out by sitting here and looking at some tart's picture and bloody rag.

He clamors unsteadily to his feet, turns to the door, and then abruptly turns back. Which way is her room? He sways back and forth, his eyes looking vaguely in the direction of the Mayor.

Mando Knight
2009-10-12, 05:47 PM
The magic aura that Alek senses is extremely faint, most likely from untapped hereditary magic potential, as a minor village's mayor's daughter is unlikely to have had a steady diet of charmed food.

The mayor gestures slightly for the adventurers to follow him. "I'll show you to her room, then." He takes the group to a room in the east wing, and opens the door.

The bedroom is a mess. The bed's covers are pulled off and torn, and the room in general shows signs of a struggle. The window is mostly torn out, but the cool autumn breeze doesn't justify the unnatural chill in the room.

Gaijin Guy Jim
2009-10-12, 06:38 PM
Hob had been in town for a week, but this was the first time a seemingly well paying job opportunity presented itself. All of the nicer bars would not allow a goblin within their establishment, bard or no, so he had been reduced to a street performer until this call for help had been made. When he arrived with the others, he wasn't particularly offended by the drunk's smell, but he did seem to dislike him for some reason. He looked like the type that would always harass him during a performance at a tavern...and then he saw the way that wizard eyed him, but he was used to that by now. When he was passed the picture he looked at it for a bit, but eventually admitted with an only slightly deep and glutteral voice, "All these human women look alike to me, at least with the men they have facial hair to tell each other apart...but I degress." He then took the silk, and examined it closely, sniffing it a bit.

As the mayor led them to room she was abducted from, Hob blinked a bit at the cold. He then let out a soft hmmm...

Nai_Calus
2009-10-12, 07:25 PM
Ephram looks around the room, searching for clues and seeing if he can feel out anything amiss magically.

Perception: [roll0]
Arcana: [roll1]

Lunix Vandal
2009-10-12, 09:16 PM
Nisam doesn't quite have the aptitude for Arcana that Ephram does, but he's more than willing to join the mundane search. Perception: [roll0]
Also: he muttered a swift prayer of thanks to Ioun after Ephram's Prestidigitation.

Mando Knight
2009-10-12, 09:40 PM
Ephram notices immediately that the cold was definitely caused by a supernatural force, but also that not much else was.

The cuts on the cloth and around the window frame are jagged and in groups of three or four. A few drops of blood are dried on the ground, as well as a rather bloody fang-like tooth.

A'den
2009-10-12, 09:58 PM
Alek paused at the entrance of the room before stepping into it something struck him cold to the marrow though the outside breeze carried a pleasant warmth. He cast around with otherworldly senses, if the woman's blood was like an arcane scent then some other residue of the culprit may of been left behind, as a matter of habit he searched suspicious of illusions.

Arcana[roll0] For the source of the Cold feeling.
Insight[roll1] To pierce any possible illusion concealing more evidence in the room.

Mando Knight
2009-10-12, 10:27 PM
The cold has a powerful, lingering aura, but isn't from any spell that either Ephram or Alek recognizes, as if it were channeled from the raw Elemental Chaos by some other means. There don't seem to be any illusions in place: this was as definitely as much a smash-and-grab as it appears.

A'den
2009-10-13, 04:31 AM
Alek swept around the room letting the feel of raw Elemental Chaos sink into him it was not evoked like a spell it just seemed to be a lingering after effect of whatever was done here. Judging by the claw marks and the evidence he ran through his minds knowledge of different creatures, unfortunately evidence seemed to point to a non-human attacker though a crafty political enemy of the mayor's would do such a thing to lead them astray. Alek put the theories away and focused on the evidence in the room, he began to maunder on more to himsefl though audible to all.

"Both Bullywugs and Kenkus have 4 digit hands though I have never heard of either having fangs such as this, but the Bullywugs do have historical ties to the ancient powers of chaos. Hmmm... No, no reason their too lazy for this and the Kenku too shy, tell me Mr. Mayor do you have many enemies or any problems with vermin in these parts? And it shames me to admit not too much about the lay of the land beyond the farms around here can you describe that too?"

Alek finished speaking facing the mayor with an expect eyebrow perched, reminiscent of a teacher expecting an answer from a student, he could be awfully indifferent at times. He brought up what he knew about the outlying area's past to see if there was anything worth mentioning from his Notebook. All the while seeming to be an absent minded professor he paid close attention to the way Mayor spoke looking for any tells of falsehoods.

Alek's cat curled it's tail around his as he listened to the Mayor its silver eyes gazing up at the townsman with it's ears perked forward.

Arcana Check: [roll0]: Discern if any Creature he knows fits the evidence.
Nature Check: [roll1]: Same thing and see if he can place any of the terrain the Mayor describes based on what he has seen on the journey into town.
Dungeoneering Check: [roll2] Same thing
History Check: [roll3] What he knows about the town's past.
Insight Check: [roll4] To pay attention of how the mayor speaks about the town and the outlying area in comparison to whether he has enemies or problems with vermin. Basically gain a reference of how the Mayor speaks when he's telling the truth.

Nai_Calus
2009-10-13, 05:42 AM
Ephram quietly examines the claw marks and the tooth, and tries to think of anything he might have heard of that would match such things.

Trying to see if I can identify the thing from the tooth/clawmarks:
Nature: [roll0]
Arcana: [roll1]
Edit: derp hi bad rolls

"Failing personal enemies, what sort of monsters lurk around this area?" He glances over at the mayor as he adds to the wizard's line of questioning.

Mando Knight
2009-10-13, 12:10 PM
Both intellectuals fail to recall anything that would have claws, be able to tear out a window, and is capable of causing a chill. Or at least not anything that they think could squeeze through the window.

Alek recalls that the area was used even back in the Arkhosian days for agriculture, and that there would likely be some kind of ruined fortress that would make a good hiding place for any number of clawed, man-eating critters.

The mayor ponders the flurry of questions for a bit before replying (as far as Alek can tell, truthfully) "There's a few caves and ruins around that have been overrun by goblins and kobolds, but most of our troubles come from the more barbaric of the Orc tribes to the west, and some wandering beasts that descend from the mountains or crawl out of the caverns. I don't think I've got any personal rivals to mention that would even think of this, much less be able to do it unnoticed.

To the north, there's the mountains, and the dwarf miners, and to the east there's the elves' forests. South is the road towards the city, and west leads to the steppes and the Orcs. There's some old ruins about a half-hour's walk north of here, and a few more scattered around... but the rest? I couldn't tell you for sure."

A'den
2009-10-13, 05:10 PM
Alek turned a spin in the room memorizing every last detail before stopping facing his companions.

"Well the only thing to do would be to investigate some of these ruins they make the ideal hiding spots for any kidnappers since any rumor of Goblin or Kolbold would keep the townsmen away and if it is some tribe of Goblins or Kobolds responsible we can put an end to the threat in the bud. Meanwhile Mr. Mayor I would post a few of your fine guardsmen one or two suffice maybe a half day down the road out of town and make sure no human interloper tries to sneak your daughter out of town. Regardless of this mess we cannot rule out any possibility yet."

Nai_Calus
2009-10-13, 06:09 PM
"We should probably also see if they've left any trails. Unfortunately I don't think any of us are very well versed in tracking..."

Gaijin Guy Jim
2009-10-13, 11:16 PM
"If we do end up running in to any goblins, I would appreciate it if you would give me a chance to speak with them before doing anything rash or violent. I know many of my kin are brutes, but the same can be said of the larger races." He eyed the paladin a little as he finished talking. He then adds, "Kobolds are another story. I have known a few civil ones, but there is no particular love between the kobolds and goblins, and I doubt any of us could dissuade any violence they would bring."

boxboy582
2009-10-13, 11:44 PM
Axis Swiftcurrent

Axis steps into the room, and subtly examines everything. His eyebrows arch on his forehead. This place was a disaster. No sort of elligance in this job. It was the very definiation smash and grab, or at least it looked that way. He stalked around the room, and lazily looked for clues. He doubted they would find much here that they hadn't already deduced, but at least they weren't sitting in the stuffy room talking any longer.

Axis rolls his head around on his shoulders, loud popping sounds issuing from his neck. He groaned in his new found comfort and plopped down on the edge of the bed.

Pulling his flask out for yet another pull, he mumbles Well there's a whole lot of nothing up here.

He eyes the goblin up as he directed his comments at Axis. He growled at the goblin and snorted his nose. There was no way he was going to take any sort of disrespect from a little pipsqueak like that. He'd hacked his way through too many of that kind to hold any sort of respect for them.

He tried to grab the tooth as it was passed from person to person, but it seemed like he was being ignored by the others. It wasn't the first time he'd been ignored in his life. Axis had grown used to it. He snatched the tooth from it's final resting place and examined it, holding it up to his own teeth to compare.

[roll0] Any information Axis might know about the town, ruins, and surrounding area.
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4] Maybe Axis had heard something since he practically lives in a tavern.

Lunix Vandal
2009-10-14, 02:35 AM
The ... mutual distaste that Hob and Axis have for each other is not lost on Nisam, and he decides to try and get things moving in a "better" direction. "Well, unless we can determine where that tooth came from or why exactly it's so bloody cold in here--which I doubt--standing around here doing nothing won't get the mayor's daughter saved." Nisam, apparently satisfied that he's not going to find any more clues inside the room, moves to the broken window and uses the barren lack of window to try and learn what he can about the kidnappers' entrance and escape.Nature: [roll0] (Who knows, Nisam might know something about that tooth's source after all.)
Perception: [roll1] (To check, based on visible marks/clues, whether it/they most likely came in from above, below, or sideways)
Perception: [roll2] (And another to spot any trail it/they left on their way out.)
Fun fact: 4e tracking is (by RAW) based solely on Perception, regardless of environment and/or Nature or Dungeoneering checks.
Edit: Well, at least they aren't ones...

Mando Knight
2009-10-14, 10:12 AM
Axis thinks about what he's heard about the area, and realizes he doesn't even know the name of the town, much less anything of interest near it. However, he does recall hearing rumors of the various local monstrous races stealing young maidens for virgin sacrifices to their vile deities.

Nisam tries to find some clues in the area, but a gust of wind suddenly blows in his face, forcing him to close his eyes and miss any clues the others didn't find. However, he does remember that the fang roughly matches those of multiple monstrous races, and is most likely a kobold's, given its size.

The mayor sighs at the suggestion of sending the guards out to search for his daughter. "I've already got as many of my guards searching for her as I can. That's why I'm asking for your help. I've already got men on the main roads and Barkeep already knows to look out for her."

Everyone calls him Barkeep (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EveryoneCallsHimBarkeep). Yes, even his wife and son.

boxboy582
2009-10-14, 04:07 PM
Axis Swiftcurrent

Axis stands up from the edge of the bed and dusts his hands off. He was getting bored already, and either needed to find a bar or a fight.

Well, there's no use sitting around here scratching ourselves. Axis punctuated the sentence with a belch. We might as well go out and start lookin' for her before those goblins or kobolds or whatever they are sacrifice them to their so-called gods.

It was an ill-hidden jab at Hob, and Axis was drunk. Nevertheless, he reached for his flask and took another drink.

Now unless you all would like to stay here and have a tea party, I recommend we go and check out those ruins you mentioned. He waves a hand in Alek's direction.Though I still say we check the bars. You never know who'll turn up there.

A'den
2009-10-14, 05:27 PM
Alek

Alek nodded in agreement with Axis, "He's right mores time a wastin'. Alright then if you have a map handy Mayor and perhaps a man that knows these parts well we can set forth to find your daughter. I imagine there's a farmer or woodsman around here that knows most every nook and cranny though in this area."

In his head he tried to imagine the what the ruins he had known about and the lay of the land related plotting each site by what he knew from general hearsay and his own studies.

History:[roll0]: What he can recollect about the various ruins in the area and descriptions about their locations.
Nature: [roll1]: How well he can place what hes read in historical books with what he knows of the area's terrain.
Streetwise:[roll2] What rumors and small talk he's gathered from his stay in the village so far that correlate with what hes read of the ruins and what he knows of the land.

Nai_Calus
2009-10-14, 06:31 PM
Ephram shifts his mild sense of distaste momentarily from the walking slab of rotten meat in the room to the wizard.

"I'm sure that a map or even directions would suffice. There is little reason to bring innocent townsfolk into this, they're likely to be hurt. Bad enough that one woman is already in trouble without involving others." He gives the wizard a look that says 'I can't believe you really suggested that' which, with his strangely glowing almost monotone eyes, comes out rather more creepy than questioning.

A'den
2009-10-14, 08:55 PM
Alek snorted at the softhearted swordmage there wasn't a real woodsman between the five of them and if they set outo into some forest without a guide they'd be following their own arses for miles. Contempt flashed on his face for a moment before fading a to a neutral expression.

Gaijin Guy Jim
2009-10-14, 10:30 PM
Hob closed his eyes, and mentally impaled Axis with his sword, but resisted any urge to snap back at him. He then gave a long sigh, smiled, and said "It seems there is a bit of tension within most of our little group. We should all try to get along a little better, and be more open minded to everyone's ideas. We're not going to fing this human girl arguing."

Mando Knight
2009-10-15, 10:26 PM
Alek's memories of his studies are more useful to him than what little he had overheard on the streets. He knows that there ought to be an old Arkhosian fort somewhere nearby, remembering an old map of the area. If he saw a recent map, he could probably figure out which ruins would be most likely to have a significant monster population.

The mayor leads the group back to his office, and pulls out a map. Alek recognizes the location of the fort's ruins, and the mayor points out a couple of other places that he's sent some men to look, but he doesn't expect them back for a day or two.

A'den
2009-10-16, 04:08 AM
Alek studied the map spreading it over the Mayor's desk, yes he remembered now he traced his finger along from the ruins of the fort to where the town was now. It seemed like less than a day's journey mounted not much of a problem the terrain looked to be farm land and woods most of the way.

Nature: Take 20: However long it takes to memorize the route on the map.

"The journey does not look rigorous less than a day maybe if we all have mounts?" He looks at the others, his horse Truth and the cart he rode could carry a few but not the whole party.

Mando Knight
2009-10-16, 04:12 PM
The mayor offers Alek a loose piece of parchment and a quill, and he carefully copies the map. At the mention of mounts, the mayor pulls out another scrap of parchment and scribbles down a note. "It should be less than half a day's ride. Give this note to the stable boy. Consider it your advance pay if you wish."

A'den
2009-10-17, 02:24 AM
"That will do nicely, I will attempt to ensure the horses are returned in the same condition they were given. Now seems prudent to begin our quest." Alek turned to his companions looking for assent or failing that perhaps bursting into action to get under way.

Nai_Calus
2009-10-17, 03:19 AM
"Thank you for your assistance, sir. We shall do our best to see that your daughter is returned safely home, and that those responsible will pay. I have no taste for people who would harm the children of others. If something happened to my-" He cuts off. "Nevermind, it's nothing. We'll be on our way, then."

Mando Knight
2009-10-20, 07:53 PM
The party accepts the mayor's final thanks and wishes for good luck, and make their way to the stables. Upon seeing the note, the stable boy gives each party member lacking a mount a horse with riding gear, including a pony for the goblin.

(Assuming that from the silence over the last three days, no one else has any other business in town)

The travelers ride along the road outside of town, following Alek's map until they find a dilapidated stone building standing alone amidst a pile of knee-high ruined walls. As they approach, they hear hissing, chittering voices from within the structure. Upon passing the walls, various crude wood and bone objects littered along the ground and a fire pit extinguished within the last few hours become easily visible, but the objects' owners are not present.

Nai_Calus
2009-10-20, 08:44 PM
Ephram ties the horse a bit away from the ruins and walks cautiously about, sword drawn, faint arcane energy lingering around him like a forcefield.

"Be careful. Just because we can't see them doesn't mean they aren't here," Ephram whispers as he looks around, trying to see if he can spot anything.

Obligatory Perception check: [roll0]
inb4 half the party forgets to specify what they do with the horses and we have Schroedinger's Horse.

Lunix Vandal
2009-10-20, 09:35 PM
Nisam ties his horse next to Ephram's, then draws his sword and starts his own wary investigation. As he draws closer to the ruins, he takes advantage of the cover provided by the walls (and the presumed lack of windows in the near wall of the building) to sneak up to the entrance so he can listen more closely ... mentally cursing his failing grade in Remedial Draconic 101 back at the temple as he does so.Stealth: [roll0]
Perception: [roll1] (to spot hidden foes)
Perception: [roll2] (to hear-slash-understand what's going on inside)

Gaijin Guy Jim
2009-10-21, 12:04 AM
Hob follows suite and ties his pony up next to the horses, and lightly grasps his wand as he looks about.
perception: [roll0] Edit: And obviously gets some dust in his eyes and is forced to try and rub it out...

boxboy582
2009-10-21, 10:53 AM
William Swiftcurrent

Axis slides of his horse with more grace than you would have expected from the man. Maybe somewhere in his past, he had ridden regularly. He ties his horse next to the others, and draws his craghammer and shield. He walks forward to look at the extinguished fire.

[roll0]

A'den
2009-10-21, 01:08 PM
Alek with a jerk of the reins stopped Truth, the brown gelding brushed its tail across its back but remained quiet. Looking around Alek hopped down from the cart and walked around to the front of the horse where he produced an apple from underneath his cloak and fed it quietly to the horse. Turning to the ruins he took a moment to take in the environment stretching out with his senses. With a quiet unintelligible word from Alek a small black and gray tomcat leaped out of the back of the cart and easily crossed the ground to where Nisam stood by the entrance. The cat's eyes took on a faint glimmer and it looks inside.

Alek meanwhile lifted an oaken staff from the back of the cart and stands openly at the back of the group leaning on the staff slightly. Walking over to where Axis stands he leans against the staff and momentarily examines the ground looking at the fire and the various primitive tools. After a moment he looses interest in them and campfire snaps into flames as if from its own accord Alek warms himself with the flames.

Alek:
Perception Check: To see if he notices any movement or anyone hidden among the ruins, other than the obvious evidence.
Arcana Check: [roll1d20+10 To see if he can sense any of the auras that he had felt at the scene of the crime.
Dungeoneering Check: [roll1] Examining the rudimentry tools to see if they reveal the origin or type of creature that would most likely use them, his gut feeling saying Kobold.
Prestidigitation: Light the Campfire.

Tom Alek's Familiar:
Stealth Check: [roll2] To sneak up to the entrance of the ruins.
Perception Check: [roll3] To see whats inside using its Low Light Vision.

Mando Knight
2009-10-21, 08:52 PM
The area outside the building is rather devoid of hiding monsters, and the motifs on the tools as well as their crude design suggests they were made by kobolds. The same chilling magic aura clings to the area, but it's far fainter and more passive, as if the source of power was not actually in use in the immediate location.

A'den
2009-10-23, 04:07 AM
Alek looked up examining the magic aura invisible to the naked eye it seemed passive here, "This feels like the place."

Nai_Calus
2009-10-23, 04:52 AM
"Let's start looking, then. But carefully, of course." Ephram quietly but resolutely moves into the building, keeping careful watch on his surroundings and his sword at the ready.

Stealth: [roll1]

boxboy582
2009-10-23, 11:52 AM
Axis Swiftcurrent

Axis nods approvingly as Ephram moves toward the building. You know, for a sissy looking fella, you're sure on the right track. Axis quickly follows after the man to the building. Axis pokes his head into the building, checking the area, before moving all of the way in. The brutish man tightens his grip on his shield and holds it close to his chest. This was the type of situation where the attacker found them, not the other way around.

Nai_Calus
2009-10-23, 12:27 PM
Ephram shoots Axis a look somewhere inbetween amused, offended and disgusted before he enters the building.

"At least I've bathed in the last three decades..." He mutters, then snorts. "If you expect the Eladrin to be nothing but effete, lazy elitists dwelling in ivory towers, you are sadly mistaken."

A'den
2009-10-23, 12:44 PM
Alek followed Ephram and Axis into the building with a gesture of his hand the end of his staff lit up brilliantly illuminating the area, he took a look around shining the light in the dark corners.

Prestidigitation: Light
Perception Check: [roll0]

boxboy582
2009-10-23, 02:02 PM
Axis Swiftcurrent

Axis scoffs at Ephram. Hey, I've bathed within the last three decades.He stops as if to think of a specific occasion. He smirks and waves his hand in the direction of Alek. He just cleaned me earlier. Grinning with satisfaction, Axis looks about for any evidence of life. He mutters under his breath, And, for the record, Eldarin are lazy elitists. I'm willing to give on the Ivory towers bit.

Mando Knight
2009-10-23, 08:09 PM
As the party steps boldly into the hall, a small reptilian humanoid with pale greenish scales and a sling, easily identifiable as a kobold, snarls something in a tongue you don't recognize, then hisses "Intrudersss! Leave Usss!"

Roll Initiative

[roll0]
[roll1]

boxboy582
2009-10-23, 09:21 PM
Axis Swiftcurrent

An impish Axis forms on Axis' face. It had been a long time since he mowed down a gang of kobolds. Several hundred years, in fact. Even though it was just one lonely kobold, it would have to do. He clashed his craghammer against the metal shield and barked at the lizard. He then grumbled to Kord: Watch this, you old goat.

Supernal Speech
[roll0]

Lunix Vandal
2009-10-23, 10:46 PM
"What, and miss out on whatever you're trying to hide from us? Not on your life, pal. Come to think of it ... " Nisam brings his greatsword into full view of the kobold " ... it may very well be on your life." Initiative: [roll0]

Gaijin Guy Jim
2009-10-24, 12:29 AM
As they ran into the lone kobold, Hob silently made an intense look, and held his wand more firmly.

[roll0] Edit: And then seems to end up sneezing all over his wand...

Nai_Calus
2009-10-24, 12:48 AM
Ephram readies his sword, his warding swirling around him more vibrantly as he readies for battle.

"It's you who'll want to leave, kobold, when we're done. You have one chance to surrender."

Initiative: [roll0]

A'den
2009-10-24, 02:09 AM
Alek grins sheepishly as Axis waved for to him which quickly turned into a look of shock when the Kobold appeared in the light.

"Holy Crap!" Alek says aloud before summoning all his arcane energies to bear.

Initiative [roll0]

Mando Knight
2009-10-25, 09:35 PM
Nisam's first in initiative...

Map
http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq128/Mando_Knight/KE1P1Cropped.png
{table=head]Character|Token|Position
Nisam|Sword-Guy|N10
Ephram|Eladrin|M10
Hob|Goblin|M11
Axis|Bald Human|L10
Alek|Black-Hair|L11
Kobold Group 2|Helmed Kobold|K4, ???[/table]
Traps/hazards/etc.
Green: thick, green goop 4 feet deep in a 10 foot pit. The sludge is difficult terrain, but creatures ending their move in the pit are immobilized (DC 13 Strength to break free). Creatures that fall into the pit take damage from falling.
Initiative
{table=head]Character|Initiative
Nisam|20
Kobold Group 2|15
Kobold Group 1|10
Ephram|9
Alek|5
Hob|2
Axis|2[/table]
Conditions
None

Lunix Vandal
2009-10-26, 04:14 AM
Nisam decides to make good on his thinly veiled threat, and closes with the kobold, hoping to overwhelm it before its allies can respond. Nisam mutters a quick prayer to Ioun as he circles the sludge pit, before charging the last few feet -- feeling the now-familiar surge of divine guidance as he brings his sword to bear.Minor Action: Oath of Enmity on the kobold at K4.
Move Action: 2 west, 1 south, 3 west (to O5).
Standard Action: Charge to L5 and use Overwhelming Strike on the K4 kobold.
Attack (vs. AC): [roll0] OR [roll1], whichever's higher.
Damage: [roll2]
On a hit, Nisam will shift to K5 and slide the kobold to L5.

Mando Knight
2009-10-27, 03:02 PM
The Kobold uses the momentum from Nisam's strike to slide out of the Avenger's reach, then fires a sticky object from its sling towards the obviously-armored Axis and jumps a little farther away while two more kobolds jump out from the darkness to attack Nisam.

Attacks!
Glue Shot against Axis
[roll0]
Hit: immobilized (save ends)

Two spear attacks against Nisam
[roll1]
Hit: [roll2] damage

[roll3]
Hit: [roll4] damageMap
http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq128/Mando_Knight/KE1P2Cropped.png
Nisam|Sword-Guy|N10
Ephram|Eladrin|M10
Hob|Goblin|M11
Axis|Bald Human|L10
Alek|Black-Hair|L11
Kobold Group 2|Helmed Kobold|N4, ???
Kobold Group 1|Other Kobolds|K4, L5[/table]
Traps/hazards/etc.
Green: thick, green goop 4 feet deep in a 10 foot pit. The sludge is difficult terrain, but creatures ending their move in the pit are immobilized (DC 13 Strength to break free). Creatures that fall into the pit take damage from falling.
Initiative
Nisam|20
Kobold Group 2|15
Kobold Group 1|10
Ephram|9
Alek|5
Hob|2
Axis|2[/table]
Conditions (opponent names abbreviated for space)
KG2N4: 10 damage

Nai_Calus
2009-10-27, 08:58 PM
"Corellon, guide my sword." Ephram prays swiftly as he springs into action. He skirts the pit and channels arcane energy at one of the Kobolds attacking Nisam, quickly weaving subtle magic against it, before, with a swift motion of his sword, causing arcane energy to burst out around him at the Kobold next to him.

Move: M10 to N9 to N8 to O7 to O6 to N5.
Minor: Mark Kobold at L5

Edit: Oh good god I thought I'd fixed those modifiers.

Nai_Calus
2009-10-27, 09:06 PM
Proper rolls dflsdfsdf facepalm also further facepalm because scrubbing the last rolls make it look like I got a natural 1 or something, you can assume I did if you want, I *did* roll a 1 for damage and I'm keeping that.

Standard, Swordburst: [roll0]
Damage: 1+4

Mando Knight
2009-10-27, 09:08 PM
Proper rolls dflsdfsdf facepalm also further facepalm because scrubbing the last rolls make it look like I got a natural 1 or something, you can assume I did if you want, I *did* roll a 1 for damage and I'm keeping that.

I was going to recalculate based on the correct modifiers, but since you rerolled...

The burst of arcane sword-energy flies within inches of the kobold's sling, but the little bugger manages to dodge the attack entirely.

Nai_Calus
2009-10-27, 09:37 PM
I was going to recalculate based on the correct modifiers, but since you rerolled...

The burst of arcane sword-energy flies within inches of the kobold's sling, but the little bugger manages to dodge the attack entirely.

It's what I deserve for screwing up on the sheet and then having massive brain damage while editing. I was actually glad it came back as a miss because that way it doesn't feel shady. <_>;

boxboy582
2009-10-27, 10:36 PM
Axis Swiftcurrent

Axis swears violently as the sticky goo wraps around his body. He tries to wipe it away with a thickly gloved hand, but can't seem to get it off in time. He grasps his holy symbol thrusting his shield in the direction of the closest kobold. It wasn't so much a prayer, but a challenge issued to Kord. Axis spoke to the god like a rival that he was determined to best.

Minor-Ardent Vow on L5 Kobold and the Kobold is subject to my Divine Sanction until the end of my next turn whenever I attack him until the end of the encounter.
Standard- Use Dazzling Flair on L5 Kobold. [roll0] for [roll1] and the Kobold takes a -2 to attack rolls until the end of my next turn.

Mando Knight
2009-10-27, 10:50 PM
Kord answers by striking the shocked kobold dead. Oops, forgot which kobold was which. :smallredface:

A'den
2009-10-28, 10:03 AM
Alek surveys the rapidly developing ambush looking down at his familiar, Thomas, he speaks in a language only know to their ears, the cat darts forward skirting the pit by the right edge from Alek's point of view.

Without further a do Alek points his staff at the Kobold with the helmet, among simple cultures those with the most items seemed the most skilled. A blast of green and yellow lightening coursed up and down his staff then launched at the Kobold exploding in a shower of sparks where it impacted.

Minor Action: Familiar to Active Mode
Move Action: Thomas (Cat Familiar) Moves from L11 to K10 to K9 to K8 to J7 to I6.
Standard Action: Empowering Lightening: On Helmed Kobold at N4
Attack: INT v Ref [roll0]
Hit: [roll1] Lightening Damage, Push to O4 if Possible.

A'den
2009-10-28, 10:17 AM
"You won't escape that easily Kobold." Alek shouts seizing the extra energy in him he extends his staff and attacks with an illusionary bolt of fire.

Action Point: Stand Action:
Phantom Bolt
Attack: INT v Will [roll0]
Hit: [roll1] Psychic Damage, Slide Kobold from N4 to M5

"That has to be the luckiest damn lizard ever..."

Lunix Vandal
2009-10-28, 07:14 PM
Seeing Alek's (first) bolt of lightning miss the kobold, Nisam decides to set things right. "You cannot deny your fate, kobold. Whether it is my skill or my allies' that ends you, that fate does not care."Immediate Interrupt when Alek's uses Empowering Lightning: Channel Divinity: Divine Guidance: Alek gets to reroll his Empowering Lightning attack roll: [roll0] and use either result. Avengers are evil like that. Even if they're Unaligned. >_>

Round 2 actions, posted in advance: (also blargh nested if-then-else statements)If N4 and L5 are both up:Standard: Overwhelming Strike on L5 kobold
Attack vs AC: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]
On hit, free shift to L4 (and slide L5 kobold to K5)
Move: If I'm not already at L4, shift there and end turn. If I am, shift to M4 and action point:
Standard: Bond of Retribution on N4 kobold
Attack vs. AC: [roll3]
Damage: [roll4]
On hit, the first enemy to hit or miss me (other than the N4 kobold) before the end of my Round 3 turn causes N4 to take 3 radiant damage.
If this manages to drop the N4 kobold:
Minor: Oath of Enmity on K4 kobold. Otherwise, just end turn.If N4 is down but L5 is up:Standard: Bond of Retribution on L5 kobold:
Attack vs. AC: [roll5]
Damage: [roll6]
On hit, the first enemy to hit or miss me (other than the L5 kobold) before the end of my Round 3 turn causes L5 to take 3 radiant damage.
Minor: Oath of Enmity on K4 kobold.
If L5 kobold is dead, action point (otherwise just end turn):
Standard: Relentless Attack on K4 kobold:
Attack vs. AC: [roll7] or [roll8], whichever's higher
Damage: [roll9]
I'll opt not to use RA's push/shift effect.If N4 is up and L5 is down:As in the "both N4 and L5 are up" spoiler, but replacing all instances of "L5 kobold" with "K4 kobold."And if both N4 and L5 are down:Minor: Oath of Enmity on K4 kobold.
Standard: Relentless Attack on K4 kobold:
Attack vs. AC: [roll10] or [roll11], whichever's higher
Damage: [roll12]
I'll opt not to use RA's push/shift effect.Plan what does not plan for problems outside of the plan is no plan at all, and all that.

A'den
2009-10-28, 07:32 PM
Alek uses Nisam's energy to correct fate.

I use the second attack roll granted by Nisam for Empowering Lightening. If that kills the Kobold then he doesn't spend his action point to fire a magic missile at a dead target, lol.

Mando Knight
2009-10-28, 08:33 PM
Waiting on The Goblin Of Leadership before running the Kobolds' turn.
http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq128/Mando_Knight/KE1P3.png
Nisam|Sword-Guy|N5
Ephram|Eladrin|M10
Hob|Goblin|M11
Axis|Bald Human|L10
Alek|Black-Hair|L11
Kobold Group 1|Other Kobolds|K4, L5
Thomas|Kitty|I6[/table]
Traps/hazards/etc.
Initiative
Nisam|20
Kobold Group 2|15
Kobold Group 1|10
Ephram|9
Alek|5
Hob|2
Axis|2[/table]
KG2N4: DEAD
KG1L5: DEAD

Gaijin Guy Jim
2009-10-29, 01:49 AM
Hob runs up a little, looks at the kobold in front of Nisam, and shouts "Or ter kekar tol! ", a glutteral goblin curse, all the while lightly pointing his wand in the kobold's direction, spinning it in a tight circle.

Sorry for seeming unactive. Holloween is my store's major holiday.

Movement: From M11 to K9
Standard: Vicious Mockery on kobold at K4
Attack: Charisma Vs. Will [roll0]
Hit: [roll1] Psychic Damage. Kobold takes -2 on attack rolls until the end of my next turn.

Edit:(Please, by all means let me know if I messed this up, its my first 4e attack)

Mando Knight
2009-10-29, 03:23 PM
Sorry for seeming unactive. Holloween is my store's major holiday.Completely understandable. Only a day or two slow, that's actually pretty good around here for most games. :smallsigh:

Edit:(Please, by all means let me know if I messed this up, its my first 4e attack)
Yes, you messed it up. You only rolled a 7. :smalltongue:
The remaining visible kobold stabs at Nisam, as a blast of light in the shape of Ioun's all-seeing eye strikes back at the little creature. It then darts off into the darkness as a sling bullet flies towards the Avenger. You are sure that the kobold is clever enough to hide elsewhere after it fired the bullet.

Attacks
Spear against Nisam
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Sling against Nisam
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]Map
http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq128/Mando_Knight/KE1P4.png
Nisam|Sword-Guy|N5
Ephram|Eladrin|M10
Hob|Goblin|M11
Axis|Bald Human|L10
Alek|Black-Hair|L11
Kobold Group 1|Other Kobolds|???, L5
Thomas|Kitty|I6[/table]
Traps/hazards/etc.
Initiative
Nisam|20
Kobold Group 2|15
Kobold Group 1|10
Ephram|9
Alek|5
Hob|2
Axis|2[/table]
KG1???: 3 damage

Nai_Calus
2009-10-30, 08:37 PM
Minor: Perception to try to figure out where the Kobolds are: [roll0]
Move/Standard: Er, kind of dependant on whether I can figure out where they are or not, heh.

Sorry for the delay, was out all day.

Edit: Derp.

Mando Knight
2009-10-30, 08:44 PM
You're still able to figure out roughly where the two hidden kobolds ran: H3 and F8. However, they're still totally concealed from view, so you still take a massive penalty to attacking them without bringing a light source to bear.

Nai_Calus
2009-10-30, 09:11 PM
Ephram gets out and activates a sunrod, sticking it in his belt for the time being.

Assuming that I can do that in a move and a standard action, anyway. If I can only do two of the above I'm just going to grab the thing, light it and drop the sucker. I need my free hand.

Move to J4(Up diagonal once and then straight up).

A'den
2009-10-31, 12:21 AM
Move Action: Alek steps around his companions to L11 to K8.
Minor Action: Alek casts Light in the unoccupied space of K3.
Ready Action: Magic Missile on the first Kobold target in line of sight.
Attack: [roll0]
Hit: [roll1]

Mando Knight
2009-10-31, 12:28 AM
Move to J4(Up diagonal once and then straight up).

J4 is a wall.

Nai_Calus
2009-10-31, 01:01 AM
This is why I shouldn't post when I'm half-asleep. J5 then. <_>;

I'm not normally this durrrrrr hurrgh, really.

Mando Knight
2009-10-31, 02:05 PM
Alek's light reveals a pair of kobolds hiding behind a partially-closed portcullis to the north. His spell fires off a pair of unerring missiles to the closest one, arcing around the gate to strike the reptilian humanoid in the head.

Note: I'm vetoing your casting of the Light cantrip on K3, since kobolds are clearly visible (thus fulfilling your readied Magic Missile) before you cast it.
Also, I've started to outline walls with dark red, so it'll be clearer to you as to where you can expect to be able to move.

Map
http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq128/Mando_Knight/KE1P5.png
Nisam|Sword-Guy|N5
Ephram|Eladrin|M10
Hob|Goblin|M11
Axis|Bald Human|L10
Alek|Black-Hair|L11
Kobold Group 2|Helmed Kobold|N4, F8
Kobold Group 1|Other Kobolds|H3?, L5, G8
Thomas|Kitty|I6[/table]
Traps/hazards/etc.
Grey bar: Portcullis. Currently open enough for small creatures to slip through easily. Medium creatures can squeeze through, and there's a lever at F8 that will open the gate completely. Provides cover against Medium creatures.
Initiative
Nisam|20
Kobold Group 2|15
Kobold Group 1|10
Ephram|9
Alek|5
Hob|2
Axis|2[/table]
KG1???: 3 damage
KG1G8: 13 damage

boxboy582
2009-11-01, 11:44 PM
William Swiftcurrent

Grasping his craghammer, Axis grumbled and hustled over to the portcullis. He groaned at the tight space, then threw a glance towards the heavens and cursed. Shaking his head Axis muttered Damn tiny spaces. and proceeded to try and squeeze through the narrow space. Once on the other side, he, with an impish wink, grinned at the nearest kobold and brought his craghammer in a sweeping arc at the goblin's shoulder.

I'm not sure if I'm reading the squeeze rule correctly, so let me know if I'm wrong here and I'll adjust accordingly.

Move: Move to H8
Minor: Divine Challenge on H8 kobold
Standard: Enfeebling Strike on H8 kobold. [roll0] for [roll1] and it takes a –2 penalty to attack rolls until the end of your next turn.

Edit: Those "H8 kobold" are actually supposed to read "G8 Kobold" since there is no kobold in H8. Whoops

Lunix Vandal
2009-11-07, 01:27 PM
Nisam, thoroughly infuriated by how bloody maneuverable these kobolds are rapidly proving themselves, throws caution to the wind and charges through the corridor that one of them disappeared down. Down which one of them disappeared. Whichever. Either way, his sword is at the ready, and all too hastily brought to bear where he thinks that one should be...Move: To K3.
Standard: Charge north to I3 and attack the presumed kobold at H3 with Overwhelming Strike. I'm assuming that I've already used Oath of Enmity on it, a la one of last round's contingency-plans-to-the-heat-death-of-the-universe. If not, ignore the second attack roll.
Attack: [roll0] or [roll1], whichever's higher.
(I'm not sure how much of a penalty should be applied to the roll for attacking blindly, so I'll let you handle that. :smalltongue:)
Damage: [roll2], and shift to J3, sliding the presumed kobold to I3.

Mando Knight
2009-11-07, 03:46 PM
Nisam makes a valiant swing, but it proves to be for naught, as his foe takes advantage of the avenger's lack of darkvision to remain just a bit past the heavy sword. Hob walks up behind the portcullis and continues to mock the kobolds in the Goblin tongue, before the little buggers make fleeing strikes at the Paladin, whose warhammer failed to crush the forward kobold's skull.

Unfortunately for the goblin, insults don't seem to work well when they're not in a language the recipient understands.

Hob's Vicious Mockery on the slinger before he moves from F8
[roll0]
[roll1], -2 penalty to the sling attack below.

Spear attacks on Nisam and Axis, vs AC
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
Sling Attack on Axis, vs AC
[roll6]
[roll7]

Map
http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq128/Mando_Knight/KE1P6.png
Nisam|Sword-Guy|I3 (though he can't see himself)
Ephram|Eladrin|M10
Hob|Goblin|J8
Axis|Bald Human|H8
Alek|Black-Hair|K8
Kobold Group 2|Helmed Kobold|N4, D10?
Kobold Group 1|Other Kobolds|H3?, L5, D9?
Thomas|Kitty|I6[/table]
Traps/hazards/etc.
Grey bar: Portcullis. Currently open enough for small creatures to slip through easily. Medium creatures can squeeze through, and there's a lever at F8 that will open the gate completely with a standard action. Provides cover against Medium creatures.
Initiative
Nisam|20
Kobold Group 2|15
Kobold Group 1|10
Ephram|9
Alek|5
Hob|2
Axis|2[/table]
KG1H3: 3 damage
KG1D9: 13 damage

boxboy582
2009-11-07, 07:31 PM
Axis Swiftcurrent

Axis roars with laughter as the kobold's attack hits home. The spearhead seemed to barely break the surface of his skin. Haha! You little lizard. That barely even nicked me. I've taken worse from barmaids than you can do with that pointed stick. And just what were you aiming for with that sling? Striding confidently after the kobolds as they run away, Axis rounds the corner and swings his craghammer with tremendous force, hoping to knock the kobold into the wall.

Move: To D8
Minor: Divine Challenge on D10 Kobold (this negates the Divine Challenge on D9 Kobold)
Standard: Ardent Strike on D9 Kobold
[roll0] for [roll1] and and the target is subject to my divine sanction until the end of my next turn.

Updated Statblock: Axis Swiftcurrent (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=157660), Human Ardent Paladin
Init -1 HP 32/34 Bloodied 17 Healing Surge 8 (0 used /12)
AC 20 Fort 14 Reflex 14 Will 15 Speed 5
Str 14 (+2) Con 14 (+2) Dex 8 (-1) Int 10 (+0) Wis 14 (+2) Cha 17 (+3)

Nai_Calus
2009-11-08, 12:37 AM
"Nisam! Don't run off alone!" Ephram heads after Nisam, trusting to Axis to protect the others for the moment. When he finds Nisam and the Kobold(s?), he lashes out at the Kobold(s).

Move: J5 to K4 to J3 to... You know I presume I can see by the time I get there since I have a light, so wherever within 3 squares from that is nearest a Kobold and not in Nisam's square. <_>;
Minor: Mark the nearest Kobold.
Standard: If I'm adjacent, Swordburst, if I'm not, Lightning Lure:
Damage if I hit: [roll1]

Yeah, yeah, don't split the party, but Ephram isn't going to let someone go off alone and unprotected.

A'den
2009-11-08, 05:03 PM
Alek looked one way then the other his mouth twisted in consternation if the Kobolds split them up in this dark warren they'd be picked off one by one. Nisam and Ephram had already charged off into the other room but Axis had gone past the gate after the other goblins too. Well Nisam already had Ephram too watch his back Alek would just have to watch Axis's back. He jostled past Hob shining the light on his staff above his head to watch ahead for Axis without blinding himself. He called Thomas to him while heading down the passage, the cat climb up his leg and plopped in his satchel his head peaking out using its low light vision to watch Alek's back.

"Take a look at their bodies to see if they have any clues Hob." Alek told off the goblin bard.

He took a moment to squeeze through the iron wrought bars then moved up behind Axis.

"Nisam and Ephram went off down the other passage Axis. Lets make sure these are dead then get back to them."

Free: Speaking to Hob
Move: To F8 (2 Squares for Squeezing Past H8)
Free: Speaking to Axis
Move: Thomas Move to F8
Minor: Familiar to Passive Mode

Lunix Vandal
2009-11-08, 06:26 PM
Nisam acknowledges Ephram's presence (and ever-helpful light source) with little more than a curt nod and a grim smile before turning back to the now-plainly-visible kobold and the irritating pointed stick that has evidently decided to befriend his shoulder. That kind of friend, he could do with less of.Standard: Overwhelming Strike on H3 kobold.
Attack: [roll0] or [roll1], whichever's better
Damage: [roll2], I shift to J3 and slide the kobold to I3

EDIT: Couldn't have rolled just one higher on that second one, eh?

Mando Knight
2009-11-11, 04:51 PM
The swordmage and avenger converge on the lone kobold in the alcove, delivering several wounds. The ragged little critter returns a fearful strike to the scary man with the glowy-rod and cowers in the corner. Meanwhile, the other two kobolds take advantage of their nigh-invisibility and stab and sling at the Paladin before skittering off down the stairwell.

Hob can't get into view of any of the kobolds, so he just slips under the portcullis, reaches next to Alek, and pulls the lever to pop the gate up.

Spear attack on Ephram:
[roll0]
[roll1]

Spear attack on Axis:
[roll2]
Damage: [roll3]+[roll4]

Sling attack on Axis:
[roll5]
[roll6]
Map
http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq128/Mando_Knight/KE1P7.png
Nisam|Sword-Guy|I3 (though he can't see himself)
Ephram|Eladrin|M10
Hob|Goblin|J8
Axis|Bald Human|H8
Alek|Black-Hair|K8
Kobold Group 2|Helmed Kobold|N4, D10?
Kobold Group 1|Other Kobolds|H3?, L5, D9?
Thomas|Kitty|I6[/table]
Traps/hazards/etc.
Grey bar: Portcullis. Currently open enough for small creatures to slip through easily. Medium creatures can squeeze through, and there's a lever at F8 that will open the gate completely with a standard action. Provides cover against Medium creatures. Hob has opened the portcullis completely.
Initiative
Nisam|20
Kobold Group 2|15
Kobold Group 1|10
Ephram|9
Alek|5
Hob|2
Axis|2[/table]
KG1H3: 18 damage
KG1??: 13 damage

Nai_Calus
2009-11-12, 01:35 AM
"I tire of you, Kobold. You bring nothing but ugliness to this world. Be gone from it!" Ephram once again channels arcane energy around him with a sweep of his sword.

Swordburst: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
If it has the good sense to die I move back to the other hallway everyone else went down.

Mando Knight
2009-11-12, 03:05 PM
The kobold that Ephram and Nisam are engaging is now most definitely dead.

A'den
2009-11-12, 06:21 PM
Alek heard the bustle and clang of fighting up head with Axis coming up behind him to illuminate the way Alek immediately pointed his staff around the corner and let loose with a wave of thunder that left his ears ringing in the tight space.

KRAKOOM!!

He readied himself for the Kobolds' attack trusting in his skill with the staff.

Move: To E8
Standard Action: Thunderwave: Close Blast 3 Origin D9 (Affected Squares: D9, 10, 11. If there any openings in B9, 10, 11 or C9, 10, 11 then those targets are targeted as well.
Attack v. Fortitude: [roll0]
Hit: [roll1] On hit targets are Pushed 2.

Mando Knight
2009-11-12, 06:32 PM
The blast of Alek's Thunderwave touches nothing... except a stairwell and walls.

boxboy582
2009-11-14, 12:36 AM
Axis Swiftcurrent

Axis mutters under his breath about cowardly kobolds and not being able to see in the 'bloody' dark. His hands fumble in one of his pouches until his heavily gloved hand catches on a Sunrod. He strikes the end of it against his armor and loops it around his belt. Then, with as much bravado as he can muster, Axis rounds the corner; his shield raised up around his chest covering most of his body. He then take a few steps down the stairwell. Axis threatens the kobolds with a snarl, Why don't you just make it easy on yourselves, you filthy lizards, and bring your skulls to my hammer?

Barring any new and move altering information:
Move: Get Sunrod and attach to belt
Standard: Start down the steps (hoping to get some sort of map update with the sunrod shedding some more light. But barring anything crucial information like seeing the kobolds, Axis will move 5 squares down the stairs)

Nai_Calus
2009-11-14, 12:43 AM
Ephram hurries to catch up with the others.

Last move should have gotten me to I8 but I was too lazy to list off squares, move to D9, needs moar informationz before I can do the rest of the turn.

Lunix Vandal
2009-11-14, 02:28 AM
In like fashion, Nisam dashes back towards the hallway from which he last heard Axis, Hob, and Alek's voices.Nothin' fancy, just a double-move to D8.

Mando Knight
2009-11-14, 05:12 PM
Axis boldly steps into a massive hall, apparently converted into a tomb for warriors some time ago. The kobolds they chased in here have already taken position, along with several more of their comrades. Hob follows Axis in, then mocks one of the kobolds for running away.

Hob Vicious Mockery on C12:
[roll0] (FAILURE!)
[roll1], following spear attack takes a -2 penalty on hit.

Spear attack on Axis:
[roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

Sling attack on Axis:
[roll4]
[roll5]
Map
http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq128/Mando_Knight/KE1P8.png
Nisam|Sword-Guy|D8
Ephram|Eladrin|D9
Hob|Goblin|D11
Axis|Bald Human|D13
Alek|Black-Hair|E8
Kobold Group 2|Helmed Kobold|-E15
Kobold Group 1|Other Kobolds|C12, -C12, -A19, -H15
Thomas|Kitty|I6[/table]
Traps/hazards/etc.
Room 1:Green: thick, green goop 4 feet deep in a 10 foot pit. The sludge is difficult terrain, but creatures ending their move in the pit are immobilized (DC 13 Strength to break free). Creatures that fall into the pit take damage from falling.
Grey bar: Portcullis. Currently open enough for small creatures to slip through easily. Medium creatures can squeeze through, and there's a lever at F8 that will open the gate completely with a standard action. Provides cover against Medium creatures. Hob has opened the portcullis completely.Room 2:Tiamat Coin: a crude altar to the Fivefold Mother. On top of a small platform with a couple steps leading up to it.
Armored Dragonborn: Statues of suits of armor.
Coffins: Coffins. Difficult terrain, provides cover.
Initiative
Nisam|20
Kobold Group 2|15
Kobold Group 1|10
Ephram|9
Alek|5
Hob|2
Axis|2[/table]
KG1C12: 13 damage

A'den
2009-11-15, 03:50 AM
Alek moves up to next to Axis and upon seeing the Kobold there releases another Thunderwave hoping to blast the Kobold before it attacks.

Move to D12
Standard: Thunderwave
Attack v. Fortitude: [roll0]
Hit: [roll1] On hit Push Kobold(C12) to A12.

Mando Knight
2009-11-15, 12:45 PM
(You can't take immediate actions on your own turn)

The kobold tries to stab the newcomer as he enters the room, but doing so left him with unsteady footing, allowing the forceful blast of sound to knock him back.

Opportunity Attack vs AC
[roll0]
[roll1]

boxboy582
2009-11-16, 02:27 AM
Axis Swiftcurrent
Axis roars as attacks continue to rain down on him. Keeping his shield held high, he circles the kobold, taking advantage of Alek's attack. He tightens his grip on his weapon and snarls at his 'God'. So this is what you see fit to test me with. Simple kobold? How many thousand of their kind have I slaughtered? Why curse me so that they pose such a difficulty now! He punctuates the last sentence by bringing his hammer in a downward arc aimed at the nearest kobold's head.

Move: A13
Minor: Divine Strength on myself.
Standard: Ardent Strike on A12 kobold. [roll0] for [roll1] and target is subject to my divine sanction until the end of my next turn.

Updated Statblock: Axis Swiftcurrent (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=157660), Human Ardent Paladin
Init -1 HP 20/34 Bloodied 17 Healing Surge 8 (0 used /12)
AC 20 Fort 14 Reflex 14 Will 15 Speed 5
Str 14 (+2) Con 14 (+2) Dex 8 (-1) Int 10 (+0) Wis 14 (+2) Cha 17 (+3)

Mando Knight
2009-11-16, 11:53 AM
As Axis moves forward to strike at the kobold, a dart flies out of the statue, trying to pin him to the spot.

Attack!
[roll0]
On hit: [roll1] damage, and Axis is immobilized at C13 until the end of his next turn.

Lunix Vandal
2009-11-16, 11:20 PM
Hearing the renewed sounds of battle from up ahead, Nisam hurries down the corridor and into the open hall. Seeing Axis pinned down and bloodied, he glares at the nearest kobold as he continues his advance. "Your traps will not save you. Not from me, and not from my allies."

Nisam punctuates this statement by attempting what had become his favorite tactic in the mass-sparring matches of days gone by -- as his instructor put it, "a feint here, a sidestep there, and you can have them outflanked before they know what's happening."Move: D8 => D12 => C13 => B13
Minor: Oath of Enmity on the kobold at A12
Standard: As you might have guessed, Overwhelming Strike on the same.
On-Hit: [roll2] damage, I shift to A13, and mister kobold gets slid to B13.

EDIT: I can has proper grammar pl0x. :smalltongue:
Also, might Hob be induced to spread around some Majestic Word happiness? I can think of at least two characters that would appreciate it ...

Mando Knight
2009-11-16, 11:22 PM
Mister Kobold slides into the gates of hell.

A'den
2009-11-17, 01:55 PM
Seeing the immense hall way Alek can see another helmed Kobold further down the hall. A plan formulates in his head, if he can get the kobolds into a cluster he can really do something nasty to them. Looking at the closest kobold he send a phantom bolt at the Kobold to get it jump closer to its leader. Then moves over to the second coffin on the right.

Standard: Phantom Bolt On Kolbold -C12
Attack v. Will: [roll0]
Hit: [roll1] On hit slide the target to -D13.
Move to D17.

Mando Knight
2009-11-17, 02:28 PM
Seeing the immense hall way Alek can see another helmed Kobold further down the hall. A plan formulates in his head, if he can get the kobolds into a cluster he can really do something nasty to them. Looking at the closest kobold he send a phantom bolt at the Kobold to get it jump closer to its leader. Then moves over to the second coffin on the right.

Can't wait for the round to end, can you?:smalltongue:

A'den
2009-11-17, 05:52 PM
OOC: Thought we weren't posting in order.

Ahh my bad.

Mando Knight
2009-11-17, 05:57 PM
OOC: Thought we weren't posting in order.

Yes, but the kobolds haven't had a turn since your last action set. I'm mostly waiting on Nai Calus right now, for his swordmage's actions.

EDIT: Forgot that Nai Calus is out for a 5-day-or-so trip. I'll update later tonight.

Nai_Calus
2009-11-17, 09:14 PM
Ephram enters the room and stands somewhere that seems relatively useful and does something that seems vaguely useful.

Yeah NPC me this turn I've driven over 540 miles today and I have no brain. Don't think I can do anything but move in this turn anyway.

Mando Knight
2009-11-17, 11:06 PM
Ephram moves up and looses a bolt of lightning, trying to drag a kobold up to him, while Hob follows and mocks it. The kobolds respond by running around and trying to spear and sling you.
Lightning Lash
[roll0] (Miss)
[roll1], pull kobold

Vicious Mockery
[roll2] (Miss)
[roll3], -2 to spear attack on Ephram

Sling attack on Nisam
[roll4] (Miss)
[roll5]

Spear attack on Ephram
[roll6] (Miss)
[roll7]
Map
http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq128/Mando_Knight/KHP9.png
Nisam|Sword-Guy|B13
Ephram|Eladrin|A12
Hob|Goblin|C12
Axis|Bald Human|C13
Alek|Black-Hair|D17
Kobold Group 2|Helmed Kobold|-F18
Kobold Group 1|Other Kobolds|-B12, -C16, -G15
Thomas|Kitty|--[/table]
Traps/hazards/etc.
Room 1:Green: thick, green goop 4 feet deep in a 10 foot pit. The sludge is difficult terrain, but creatures ending their move in the pit are immobilized (DC 13 Strength to break free). Creatures that fall into the pit take damage from falling.
Grey bar: Portcullis. Currently open enough for small creatures to slip through easily. Medium creatures can squeeze through, and there's a lever at F8 that will open the gate completely with a standard action. Provides cover against Medium creatures. Hob has opened the portcullis completely.Room 2:Tiamat Coin: a crude altar to the Fivefold Mother. On top of a small platform with a couple steps leading up to it.
Initiative
Nisam|20
Kobold Group 2|15
Kobold Group 1|10
Ephram|9
Alek|5
Hob|2
Axis|2[/table]
Null set...

Nai_Calus
2009-11-19, 08:37 PM
Ephram snarls angrily at his failure to harm the Kobold and once more flicks his sword, loosing a chain of lightning at it to ensnare it.

If I'm within 2 of that Kobold I would have marked him as well, not that it matters much since, you know, I can do that this turn too.

No movement, again with the Lightning Lure since what the hell I keep using Swordburst, mark the Kobold.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Lunix Vandal
2009-11-20, 12:11 AM
Nisam strides forward, climbing onto the further of the left-hand coffins. From this vantage point, he points towards the slingshot-bearing kobold that attacked him and mutters but three words. "Come. Fight me."Move: To -B14, by way of A14 so as to not provoke an opportunity attack.
Minor: Oath of Enmity on KG2-F18.
Standard: Bond of Censure on the same.
Attack: The higher of [roll0] or [roll1].
Hit: Pull the kobold 3 squares to -C15. Since this is next to me, he takes [roll2] radiant damage.

EDIT: Ohsnap, that's a crit. Nonmagical implement though, so the (still radiant) damage is maxed to 14.
EDIT EDIT: Also, attack was technically versus Will. The things we forget when all but two of our attacks hit AC, and one of the others only affects undead ... :smalltongue:

A'den
2009-11-20, 03:20 PM
Alek breaks from cover behind the coffin and move up just a few feet short of the Kolbold next to the second coffin on the right. He a muttered word of power he thrusts his hand and staff forward unleashing a wave of thunder.

Move: D16 then to -A16
Attack: Thunderwave on K-C16
Atk v. Fortitude: [/roll]1d20+5[/roll]
Hit: [/roll]1d6+5[/roll] Push Kolbold 2 squares on hit.

A'den
2009-11-20, 03:23 PM
Move to D16 to -A16
Attack: Thunderwave on -C16 Kobold
Atk v. F. [roll0]
Hit: [roll1] Hit Push target 2 squares.

((Didn't crit fail just coded my rolls wrong.))

A'den
2009-11-20, 03:27 PM
Alek seeing his oppurtunity summoned an extra surge of energy to perform one last spell. Echorts Arcane words and he unleashed a wave of soporific energy on the cluster of enemies.

Action Point (Didn't use the one earlier)
Standard:
Attack: Daily: Sleep Area Burst 2 on -F16
Atk v. Will: [roll0]
Hit: The target is slowed (save ends). If the target fails its
first saving throw against this power, the target becomes
unconscious (save ends).
Miss: The target is slowed (save ends).

Mando Knight
2009-11-20, 04:04 PM
Make two more attack rolls for Sleep, and choose which target took that 15. Thunderwave was a hit, so that kobold is at -E16 for purposes of targeting with Sleep. If you wish to delay until after Nisam's move, roll a second attack for Thunderwave to target the slinger kobold as well.

A'den
2009-11-20, 06:00 PM
Hmmm my mistake I thought Sleep was one attack roll.

Sleep
v. Will
-E16 takes the 15
-G15 [roll0]
-F18 [roll1]

IF -C15 Kobold is hit by Thunderwave then pushed to -E15

-E15 [roll2]

I'll delay until after Nisam, ack I'm failing at keeping a map in my head.

Thunderwave v. Fortitude
-C15 [roll3]
Hit [roll4] Pushed to -E15

EDIT: Freaken Sweet 3/4 hit, does a dance of joy!

boxboy582
2009-11-23, 03:31 PM
William Swiftcurrent

William howls in pain as the dart catches a chink in his armor. Blood begins to pool at the man's boot. His bloodlust is beginning to fade under the stress of his wounds. Trying to stem the flow of blood from his newest wound, Axis looks around to find some outlet for his anger. His eyes set on the tiny goblin. You green halfwit. What use are you? Why don't we just take you and throw you at the kobolds and maybe you'll distract them so the real men can get in there and fight! Axis wills his wounds to close, his anger at being rooted to this spot showing in a throbbing vein in his neck.

Using my second wind. (Does Hob have any sort of healing abilities? That would come in useful around this time). Brings my HP up to 22, I believe.

Mando Knight
2009-11-29, 05:30 PM
As most of the kobolds suddenly begin to lazily drag their feet, one DIES horribly while the only fully awake one stabs and runs while a second dart flies out of the armor. Hob meekly begins singing a song of healing.
Vicious Mockery on awake Kobold. If successful, spear attack takes -2 penalty.
[roll0]
[roll1]
Majestic Word: Nisam can spend a healing surge and gain 4 extra HP, then slide 1 square.

Spear Attack on Ephram
[roll2]
[roll3]

Dart trap on Axis
[roll4]
[roll5], immobilize until the end of Axis's next turn
Map
http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq128/Mando_Knight/KHP10.png
{table=head]Character|Token
Nisam|Sword-Guy
Ephram|Eladrin
Hob|Goblin
Axis|Bald Human
Alek|Black-Hair
Kobold Group 2
Kobold Group 1
Thomas|Kitty[/table]
Traps/hazards/etc.
Initiative
Nisam|20
Kobold Group 2|15
Kobold Group 1|10
Ephram|9
Alek|5
Hob|2
Axis|2[/table]
-G12: Asleep (save ends)
-C19: --
-F15: Ephram's Aegis, 10 damage

Lunix Vandal
2009-11-29, 06:40 PM
Seeing the kobold nearest the altar slump to the ground, Nisam rushes to dispatch it before it can reawaken. There are times when "mercy" and "chivalry" are not in the dictionary, after all ...Slide to -C13 from Hob's Majestic Word.
Move: To -F13.
Minor: Oath of Enmity on the sleeping kobold at -G12.
Standard: Overwhelming Strike coup de grace on the same.
Attack: [roll0] or [roll1], whichever's higher. (Yay combat advantage.)
On a hit, the kobold takes 14 damage and Nisam shifts to -F14, sliding the kobold to -F13. (Yay CdG-induced automatic criticals.)

Fun fact: A coup de grace that does as much or more than your bloodied value in damage kills you instantly.

Nai_Calus
2009-11-30, 12:01 PM
Ephram darts in between the coffins and attacks one of the Kobolds.

Move to D16, Lightning Lure on F15 Kobold.

[roll0] vs Fort
[roll1]

Mando Knight
2009-11-30, 03:05 PM
Nisam, unhindered by any chance of his foe dodging, cleanly spits the kobold on his greatsword.

Nai_Calus, I assume you are moving to -D16 and targeting the -F15 kobold, correct? (sorry about the strange coordinates. I haven't found out how to set the reference frame yet... :smallsigh:)

Nai_Calus
2009-11-30, 03:24 PM
Yes. Derp. <_>;

Mando Knight
2009-11-30, 03:35 PM
As Ephram enters the space between the coffins, the second suit of armor fires a dart!
Immediate Interrupt as Ephram enters -B15 on route to -D16.
[roll0] Oops. Two short. And then there's the cover from the coffins.
[roll1], immobilize at -B15 until the end of Ephram's next turn.

The swordmage deflects the dart easily with his magic, and continues onward to lasso the kobold with his bolt of lightning.

A'den
2009-12-03, 02:54 PM
Alek watching Ephram dart between the coffins and take a dart hit from a statue on the right sees a Kobold standing next to it. Alek lifted his hand and hurled a bolt of phantasmal fire. With the Kobold distracted Alek dropped prone next to the coffin and using it for cover crawls past the dart launcher.

Attack -C19KG Phantom Bolt
Attack .v Will: [roll0]
Hit: [roll1] Target Slides to -B19 in front of trap statue.
Free: Alek drops prone.
Move: -A16 to -C16

Mando Knight
2009-12-03, 05:29 PM
Standing up is a move action.

A'den
2009-12-04, 02:06 PM
Frak okay Alek remains prone.

boxboy582
2009-12-10, 06:41 PM
Axis Swiftcurrent

Throwing a sideways glance at the trap statue, Axis skirts around the coffin, using it as cover, as he attempts to close the distance between him and the remaining kobolds. He roars at one of the kobolds to face him like a man, and then raised his shield, adopting a defensive stance.

Move: -A,15 moving down and around the coffin.
Minor: Divine Challenge on -C,19
Standard: Total Defense

Mando Knight
2009-12-11, 12:46 AM
The timid goblin looks around to see if he can locate any more trapped areas, humming a refreshing little ditty as he walks forward. He fails to find anything. The kobolds retreat rather than attack, holding their spears up defensively against the big scary humans and eladrin.
One character can spend a healing surge, regain +4 HP, and slide one square as a free action. Decide amongst yourselves which one is the most injured. (I believe it's still Axis, if my tallies are correct.)
[roll0]
Map
http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq128/Mando_Knight/KHP11.png
Nisam|Sword-Guy
Ephram|Eladrin
Hob|Goblin
Axis|Bald Human
Alek|Black-Hair
Kobold Group 2
Kobold Group 1
Thomas|Kitty[/table]
Traps/hazards/etc.
Initiative
Nisam|20
Kobold Group 2|15
Kobold Group 1|10
Ephram|9
Alek|5
Hob|2
Axis|2[/table]
Conditions
-F19: Divinely Challenged, 11 damage (Total Defense)
-I18: Ephram's Aegis, 16 damage (bloodied, Total Defense)
Alek is prone.

Lunix Vandal
2009-12-11, 01:02 AM
Seeing that the kobolds are (seemingly) attempting to retreat, Nisam moves to cut off their access to the stairs he can now see behind them.Minor: Oath of Enmity on -I18
Standard: Charge to -H17 and use Overwhelming Strike.
Hit: [roll2] damage, Nisam shifts to -H18, kobold slides to -H17
Move: Mmmkay three cases this time.
If I whiff the attack, shift to -H18.
If I hit but the kobold stays up, I don't move.
If I hit and kill, shift to -I19.

Mando Knight
2009-12-11, 01:13 AM
You can't take any actions after a charge unless you wish to spend an action point.

Nisam makes another kobold go splat.

Nai_Calus
2009-12-11, 07:17 AM
"Oh no you don't!" Ephram says as the Kobold nearest him tries to run away, conjuring yet more lightning to try to catch it.

Lightning Lure, of course.
[roll0]
[roll1]

A'den
2009-12-11, 05:15 PM
Alek stands up from prone and fires another bolt of magical energy at the retreating Kobolds.

Move: Stand Up From Prone
Standard: Magic Missile on Kobold -F19
Hit: [roll1]

boxboy582
2009-12-12, 11:04 PM
Axis Swiftcurrent

Axis gives a toothy grin and starts toward the nearest kobold. He gives his hammer a twirl along the way, bringing it down on the kobold's head as soon as he was in range.

Move: to -E19
Standard: Using Enfeebling Strike 1d20+5 for 1d8+3 and it takes a –2 penalty to attack rolls until the end of your next turn.

boxboy582
2009-12-12, 11:06 PM
Try that again:

[roll0] for [roll1]

Mando Knight
2009-12-18, 09:25 PM
Sorry for disappearing from this thread for a week-ish. Blame it on finals if you want. Or on Hulu making Gurren Lagann available. Either one works... anyway...

The final kobolds die from the onslaught of the heroes, pathetic whimpers their final retort to blades and magic. Encounter Over. (Second one definitely died, the other... dies out of fiat. One skirmisher doesn't last long against a full party of characters in no danger of dying.)

Nai_Calus
2009-12-20, 03:23 AM
Ephram glares at the corpses disdainfully.

"Vermin..." He moves cautiously around the room, looking for anything he might have missed in the heat of battle.

Perception [roll0]

Mando Knight
2009-12-20, 02:10 PM
Now that Ephram takes time to investigate, he finds a small pile of coins and gems on the makeshift altar, apparently an offering to Tiamat.

If he bothers to collect and count them all, he finds it's worth roughly 60 gp.

A'den
2009-12-22, 02:20 AM
As the battle closes Alek took a moment to gather his familiar with a soft whisper the tomcat hopped into his satchel and poked its just above the cover so a pair of glowing eyes showed from inside the darkness of his satchel.

Wiping a hand across a face covered in sweat Alek caught his breath. After taking a moment he reached out with his occult senses to double check for any inactive spells or energies.

Arcana: [roll0]

OOC: I ask myself how many times I can screw up spelling 'arcana'... and my grammar has gone to the dogs apparently with my proof reading abilities...

Lunix Vandal
2009-12-22, 09:37 AM
Nisam launches his own investigation of the room, stopping only to contemplate on the possible significance of having the altar so close to the ruins' entrance. When he is finished, he gestures towards the stairs in the northeast corner and asks ""How much you want to bet we'll be attacked as soon as we go down those stairs?"
Religion: [roll1]
And for good measure,
Insight: [roll2]

boxboy582
2009-12-22, 12:03 PM
Axis Swiftcurrent

Axis lowers his shield and wipes the sweat from his brow with his forearm. As everyone begins their search of the room, Axis casually strides around the room, stopping at the alter. He spits, dangerously close to the alter, and mutters Useless god. He's not even sure if it's in regard to Tiamat or to Kord. Most likely to Kord, knowing Axis.

Axis looks over his shoulder at Nisam and chuckles. Well then that's the way we should be going, don't you think. You boys aren't afraid are you? He throws a dirty glare at Hob. We could hold the goblin out in front of us. It's the only use he'd serve seeing as he's completely useless in a fight. Axis snarls and taps the alter with the toe of his thick leather boot.

Nai_Calus
2009-12-22, 12:17 PM
Ephram pockets the gems for the moment and turns to his companions.

"I am not afraid. And yes, we should get going. If the mayor's daughter is here, we want to find her as soon as possible. And if not, the sooner we find out, the sooner we can search elsewhere. And while using the Hob as a shield might be amusing, it would not be the right thing to do." He smirks. "At any rate, he's too small to be effective. Rather, you should go first, Axis. The stench should knock any remaining Kobolds unconscious."

He grins widely and starts heading for the stairs.

boxboy582
2009-12-24, 03:03 PM
Axis Swiftcurrent

Axis nods in approval at Ephram's plan, taking no offense to his jabs at stench. Axis hefts his shield and grips his hammer, heading for the passageway.
I agree. Lets stop wasting time. Though I still say we throw the goblin out in front to test for traps.

Mando Knight
2009-12-24, 04:12 PM
Nisam sees that the altar has little significance, its shoddy workmanship obviously pointing towards its kobold origins rather than the original builders of the keep.

Alek's hunt for residual magic finds nothing but a chillingly ominous pulse downwards and to the northwest, apparently through a layer of bedrock, judging by the strength.

The little goblin bard whimpers as he's ganged up on by the pair of larger beings, including the massive, smelly man, and obediently takes up a position near the front of the group as they gather around the stairs.

Is everyone ready?
...Going to use a new system for initiative next combat, i.e. a more formal method of organizing what happens anyway:
Players make their moves, then I'll move the other characters. Hob will likely remain almost useless, using his powers in an attempt to help control the combat and keep you people standing. This cuts down on rolling/keeping track of initiative, which was introduced to keep things in an orderly fashion in tabletop play, not pbp play.

Nai_Calus
2009-12-26, 12:56 AM
"Next time, perhaps. But for now let's leave him be. He seems frightened enough without us adding to it." He smiles comfortingly at the goblin and heads for the stairs and waits for Axis to take the lead.

A'den
2009-12-28, 05:29 AM
Alek ignored the byplay between the rest of the cretins while he focused on the ominous presence he sensed. If was strong but that far away it he guessed it wouldn't be much of a problem until later on. There was no need to mention anything yet.

"I suggest we make haste."

With a gesture Alek recast Light on the end of his staff and placed himself behind Axis and Ephram. He had no problem being behind the thick meat shield. At the head of the stairs he paused to inscribe a simple green triangle with the point pointing down appear on a stone at eye level to mark where they had been.

Prestidigitation.

"At least if we get turned around we'll know which way we came."

Nai_Calus
2009-12-28, 01:37 PM
"Assuming no one comes along and moves the stone." Ephram grins. "Still, better than breadcrumbs. Find anything, by the way?"

Mando Knight
2010-01-05, 02:55 PM
As the adventurers make their way down the stairs, they hear the further chittering of kobolds... apparently they're prepared for your appearance. The room you enter looks like it was a tomb, but now it's desecrated into some kind of perverse playground: animal skulls are arranged into piles on the coffins, and one of the kobolds is holding a sludge-drenched rock attached to a long rope. The kobolds are standing on a pair of platforms flanking old wooden doors.

The kobolds hiss angrily at you in their native tongue, which excites something behind the doors: you hear strange sounds halfway between a large dog's bark and an eerie screech from that area.

Map
http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq128/Mando_Knight/KHP12.png
Nisam|Sword-Guy
Ephram|Eladrin
Hob|Goblin
Axis|Bald Human
Alek|Black-Hair
Kobold Group 2
Kobold Group 1
Thomas|Kitty[/table]
Traps/hazards/etc.
Room 3:Coffins: same as in Room 2.
Green: same as in Room 1.

A heavy set of double doors rests between the rows S and T, along columns 27 and 28. Despite their age, it would take a determined hero to bash them down.

The black lines indicate a 10 ft difference: the kobolds are on high ground, and the 4 ft thick green goop is in a 10 ft deep pit.
Conditions
None, yet.

Lunix Vandal
2010-01-05, 03:16 PM
"Yep. Called it."

Nisam says no more as he advances towards the far end of the room, channeling Ioun's power to induce a kobold to jump down and meet him halfway.Move: to -O24
Minor: Oath of Enmity on the kobold at -T25.
Attack: [roll0] or [roll1] vs. Will, whichever's better.
Hit: The kobold is pulled to -Q24, no damage. Unless Mando wants to hand out falling damage for getting pulled off the high ground, of course. :smalltongue:

Mando Knight
2010-01-05, 03:20 PM
Saving Throw to avoid falling: [roll0]
Falling damage on failure: [roll1]

The kobold is caught by surprise by the divinely powered yank, and falls on its face... off of the platform.

Nai_Calus
2010-01-10, 08:00 PM
((OOC: I guess we're just using the same initiative order so I'll post. <_>; )

Ephram moves forward and mutters a few arcane words at the fallen Kobold, then attempts to attack it to no avail.

Move to -Q24, Aegis on the Kobold that just went splack, Lightning Lure on him as well
[roll0]
[roll1] Obvious Damage and he's pulled to the nearest adjacent square if it hits.
Which it does not screw you dice.

Mando Knight
2010-01-18, 11:02 PM
'Kay, I lied. First, I got caught up kicking Luskans out of Neverwinter, then I had to plot the orbital trajectories of arbitrary objects. So sue me.

The party quickly falls upon the fallen kobold, firing off everything they can use to reach it.
Before Ephram uses Aegis, Axis charges with Ardent Strike.
[roll0]
[roll1], first over 2, +3 damage

Hob scurries up and teases the kobold, but who knows whether it heard, what with its face in the dirt.
[roll2]
[roll3], target takes -2 to attacks this turn

Alek fires a bolt of magic at the target as well, striking true despite the distance and prone foe.
[roll4]
[roll5]
The kobold staggers up, slips out of the groups' grip, and realizes it's dead, while another slinger attacks Nisam, and two kobolds play "catch" with the rock... while trying to bounce the thing off of Axis's and Hob's skulls.
Sling Shots: (vs AC)
[roll6] (-2 if Hob's attack hit)
[roll7] Dead.
[roll8]
[roll9]

Skull-Skull! (vs AC)
[roll10]
[roll11], push 2.
[roll12]
[roll13], push 2.
Map
http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq128/Mando_Knight/KHP13.png
Nisam|Sword-Guy
Ephram|Eladrin
Hob|Goblin
Axis|Bald Human
Alek|Black-Hair
Kobold Group 2
Kobold Group 1
Thomas|Kitty[/table]
Traps/hazards/etc.

A heavy set of double doors rests between the rows S and T, along columns 27 and 28. Despite their age, it would take a determined hero to bash them down.

The black lines indicate a 10 ft difference: the kobolds are on high ground, and the 4 ft thick green goop is in a 10 ft deep pit.
Conditions
Kobold @ -R25: Dead.
Axis: 3 damage
Hob: 5 damage

A'den
2010-01-18, 11:42 PM
((Thought this was dead.))

Alek moves across the room to get a better shot, and unleashed an acidic arrow of destruction.

Move to -J 30.
Standard Action -U30 Kobold (Burst 2).
Acid Arrow On Kobold
Damage:[roll1] Ongoing 5 AcidDamage (Save Ends) .

Secondary Attack -T29 Kobold
Attack: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3] Ongoing 5 Acid Damage (Save Ends).

Miss: Half Damage, Ongoing 2 Acid Damage (Save Ends), No Secondary Attack.

Nai_Calus
2010-01-19, 01:35 AM
Ephram moves up and tries to pull one of the Kobolds off the ledge with his magic

Move to -R29, Lightning Lure on -T29, which I think is a diagonal vertical three square distance, D&D does not model height well. This is of course assuming you can actually even attempt this since I've seen disagreement over whether the rules allow it or not.

[roll0]
[roll1] Lightning damage and he's pulled to the nearest adjacent space, if he can't be pulled the attack fails period and does nothing.

If this does work I mark him.

Of course knowing my dice luck the whole thing is moot anyway.

Edit: Called it. *facepalm* Dearest forum roller: IT'S BLOODY OK TO GIVE ME A DOUBLE-DIGIT NUMBER ONE IN A WHILE.

Lunix Vandal
2010-01-19, 12:47 PM
Nisam, emboldened by his previous success, steps forward to repeat his prayer -- directed against the next kobold in line, of course.Move: To -Q24
Minor: Oath of Enmity on -U24
Standard: Bond of Censure on -U24.
Attack (vs Will): The better of [roll0] or [roll1]
Hit: Attempt to pull the kobold to -R24. If he actually gets there, he takes [roll2] radiant damage, plus falling damage.

EDIT: That's ... underwhelming.

Mando Knight
2010-01-19, 12:49 PM
Saving throw to not die: [roll0]

The kobold flies forward due to some unseen divine force, and dies as it lands at Nisam's feet.

Mando Knight
2010-01-25, 11:12 PM
The party continues to assault the kobolds on the wall, while the wall-bound kobolds continue to fight back, grabbing at the rock as it flies around.
Hob uses Vicious Mockery again.
[roll0]

Axis gets ready to climb the wall.

A kobold throws the rock at Nisam.
[roll1]
[roll2]
(And again at Hob, as he failed to kill the other kobold)
[roll3]
[roll4]

Another kobold slings a stone at Alek.
[roll5]
[roll6]
Map
http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq128/Mando_Knight/KHP14.png
Nisam|Sword-Guy
Ephram|Eladrin
Hob|Goblin
Axis|Bald Human
Alek|Black-Hair
Kobold Group 2
Kobold Group 1
Thomas|Kitty[/table]
Traps/hazards/etc.

Conditions
Things with big red Xs on them are dead.
Axis: 3 damage
Hob: 9 damage
Alek: 9 damage

Lunix Vandal
2010-01-30, 12:17 AM
Nisam gestures at a third kobold at the top of the wall, hoping to clear a path for Axis.
Minor: Oath of Enmity on -T24 kobold
Attack vs Will: The better of [roll0] or [roll1]
Hit: Pull the kobold to -R24 -- over or around Axis, I'm not too picky which. Provided it fails its save to not fall, it takes [roll2] radiant damage when it lands next to me. Plus falling damage, of course.

Nai_Calus
2010-01-30, 01:53 AM
Ephram tries to attack the Kobold he missed again.

Lightning Lure on -T29 Kobold
[roll0] vs Ref
[roll1]
Mark whoever is alive and I can reach, assuming that's anybody.

...Alright, this is fricking ridiculous. Screw you forum roller, seriously.