PDA

View Full Version : Simply Werewolf 3 - The things that shouldn't have been.

Pages : [1] 2

Mordokai
2009-10-11, 04:35 PM
Welcome to Simply Werewolf number three. Faithful to the title, this one is rather simple. The rules and roles are as following:

Days 48 hours, nights 24 hours.
You point in red.
Autolynch happens after two days of not voting, unless you give me away notification on time.
No pointing at self, narrator, TPBM, TPAM or similar crap, or, so help me Sune, you shall be smiten by blue lighting, green orb and red hammer. Together and then with each in turn again.
No role claiming.
4 wolves, 4 masons, the rest are all villagers. No seer or baner or devil.

The theme shall be centered around the more... weird(to use politically correct term) monsters of DnD, such as the ones that can be found here (http://www.cracked.com/article_17455_15-retarded-dungeons-dragons-monsters.html) and here (http://www.headinjurytheater.com/article73.htm). Of course, you're welcome to homebrew, though I really don't want to know if you can come up with anything more sick than the monsters already mentioned at links above :smalltongue: The random adventuring party under effect of polymorph spell will take the role of the wolves.

I'll take twenty players. No autolynch replacements. First comes, first served. When all the places are filled up, the roles go out and the game starts right after the opening narration is up.

Dr. Bath gets a reserved place, because he asked politely. And because that's the least I can do to thank him for all those avatars and baners he made for me.

Players list(5/20):

1. Dr. Bath
2. whitehelm - lynched day 4, villager
3. The Bookworm - lynched day 8, mason
4. Deathslayer7
5. Kyouhen
6. happyturtle - lynched day 1, villager
7. Wolfbane - killed night 3, mason
8. Andre Fairchilde - lynched day 3, adventurer
9. Mustiado - lynched day 5, villager
10. Fleeing Coward - killed night 1, mason
11. YimmyTheSneak - killed night 6, villager
12. Opeth_Freak - lynched day 2, villager
13. rakkoon
14. Yspoch - killed night 7, villager
15. Murska - killed night 2, villager
16. Thufir
17. The Fiery Tower - lynched day 7, villager
18. Hyozo - killed night 5, villager
19. Zar Peter - killed night 4, mason
20. smuchmuch - lynched day 6, adventurer

whitehelm
2009-10-11, 08:00 PM
I'll play.

The Bookworm
2009-10-11, 08:07 PM
Ooh! I'm in!

Deathslayer7
2009-10-11, 08:08 PM
sure in just for you mordy

Kyouhen
2009-10-11, 08:13 PM
Oh! I'll join!

happyturtle
2009-10-11, 08:15 PM
In.

Also Wolfbane asked me to save him a slot.

Andre Fairchilde
2009-10-11, 08:20 PM
In. As a simple villager.

EDIT - Oh. And I'll probably play a Mind Flayer.

Mustiado
2009-10-11, 08:38 PM
Mordokai, I'd like to reserve a spot for me and YimmytheSneak if I can.

Fleeing Coward
2009-10-11, 08:46 PM
Count me in

YimmytheSneak
2009-10-11, 08:51 PM
Sign me up.

Opeth_Freak
2009-10-12, 01:40 AM
Obviously In!

rakkoon
2009-10-12, 03:16 AM
I defy statistics and will be innocent for the eighth game in a row!
If there's still room of course

Mordokai
2009-10-12, 06:42 AM
Seven places left.

First post updated with few extra rules that I think were needed to be clarified and added.

So, anybody else who wants to join?

Yspoch
2009-10-12, 06:53 AM
Yeah, I'd like to play. :smallsmile:

Murska
2009-10-12, 09:00 AM
Sure, I'll be in.

Mordokai
2009-10-12, 12:21 PM
Great to have you two aboard. That leaves five empty spaces.

And because I'm forgetful bitch, credits for the amusing theme go to happyturtle. She came up with it, I was just lazy enough to take it and run with it.

Lets give her a round of applause. Or hugs, whatever she prefers.

Thufir
2009-10-12, 01:35 PM
Dr. Bath gets a reserved place, because he asked politely. And because that's the least I can do to thank him for all those avatars and baners he made for me.

*Gasp!* Giving away power-roles?! Shocking! :smalltongue:

In as the Carnivorous Flying Squirrel.

TFT
2009-10-12, 02:10 PM
In, while I have the chance.

Mordokai
2009-10-12, 02:13 PM
*Gasp!* Giving away power-roles?! Shocking! :smalltongue:

*slapslapslap*

Geez... what's with people being smartasses today? :smalltongue:

Hyozo
2009-10-12, 04:20 PM
*Joins*

Can I be the roving mauler?
http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/ToMagic_Gallery/96075.jpg

Zar Peter
2009-10-12, 04:38 PM
Sign me up.

Please.

UncleWolf
2009-10-12, 04:47 PM
Thanks for reserving my spot Happy.

I think i'll play as...

A Miniature Giant Space Hamster! :smallbiggrin:

Kyouhen
2009-10-12, 04:52 PM
Figured out what I'll be. The Clockroach. It's a giant clockwork cockroach. Yes, I'm aware it's half-decently dangerous (has an acid breath attack) but say it with me now. Clockroach. Is that not ridiculous?

Mordokai
2009-10-12, 04:58 PM
*sends Bioware lawyers after Wolfbane*

Copyright's a bitch, ain't it? :smalltongue:

And we have one more place remaining. Going to sleep and in case we get one more person in the morning I'll do role distribution then. If not, then when it happens.

happyturtle
2009-10-12, 05:01 PM
I'll be the Mawler. I disguise myself as your pants so I can eat you. Omnomnom! :smallamused:

UncleWolf
2009-10-12, 05:04 PM
*sends Bioware lawyers after Wolfbane*

Copyright's a bitch, ain't it? :smalltongue:

And we have one more place remaining. Going to sleep and in case we get one more person in the morning I'll do role distribution then. If not, then when it happens.

Okay, make that a Miniature Giant Space Coyote! (That is what I call one of my dogs.) :smallbiggrin:

smuchmuch
2009-10-12, 05:15 PM
In if still possible.

Mordokai
2009-10-12, 05:18 PM
And we're full! :smallbiggrin:

Roles going out in the morning, narration coming when my sleepy and lazy ass can muster something all together crappy together and post it. The game starts and continues in this thread.

And now I really need to get some sleep.

Andre Fairchilde
2009-10-12, 05:28 PM
Same thread or different thread?

Yspoch
2009-10-13, 12:46 AM
Who wants to share roleplaying a Biclops (the twoheaded Cyclops) with me? :smallbiggrin:

I'll take the left head.

Edit: /applause happyturtle

rakkoon
2009-10-13, 01:56 AM
I'll be the right :smallbiggrin:

happy happy TURTLE !!

Mordokai
2009-10-13, 05:12 AM
Roles have been decided and picked, but I'll wait until the evening to send those PMs out. At that time, I'll post the narration and send everybody their role. Have a DnD session to attend to.

Sorry you guys, but I value my own fun a little bit over yours :smalltongue: In the meantime, feel free to do some roleplaying, if somebody feels like it, tell narrator what jerk he is... stuff like that. Right now, you won't even be smited because of it :smallbiggrin:

And if somebody hasn't read the rules in fist post yet, I implore them to do so now.

banjo1985
2009-10-13, 02:14 PM
Bugger, I wonder off for a few days and all the games close recruitment...

*cries just a tiny little bit in the corner on his own*

Mordokai
2009-10-13, 05:51 PM
It's been a quiet and sunny day in the village. As usual. But this is no ordinary village. Where else could you find the most weird monsters in DnD but here. It's a safe haven for repelled and otherwise not wanted monsters, a place where everybody can fell at home. Here, you'll find a demilich dining together with an ettin and many other monsters that you'd rarely meet in “real world.“ They all decided to take a shelter here and it has worked so far. No adventuring parties, nobody to prosecute them because of their... challanged nature. But that is soon to be changed.

Comes night, no inhabitant of the village can sleep peacefully... as if there was something in the air, something not letting anybody to sleep peacefully. And really, comes morning, you find a body in the town square, a body of village leader. Next to it, is a note.

Leave now, or you shall be wiped out. Your evil cannot go unchecked.

Signed, random polymorphed adventuring party.

It would seem the village has finally been found by an evil adventurers. You have little choice but to stand up to them. You know that leaving would mean death... or worse.

Summary: Mordokai was killed, he was the village leader. Day one starts now and ends in 48 hours.

((Roles have been sent out. If you didn't get yours, send me a PM and I'll fix it ASAP.

I know starting narration isn't much. Can't come up with anything better atm and don't want to postpone start of the game any longer. It will have to do for the moment. You can gut me for the lack of imagination later.))

happyturtle
2009-10-13, 05:52 PM
The Mawler, a sentient pair of trousers, runs around screaming. "We're all going to die! We're all going to die! We're all going to die!"

Thufir
2009-10-13, 06:18 PM
The Carnivorous Flying Squirrel is jittery. But then, it is a squirrel. It's to be expected.
"Disguising yourself as one of us, happyturtle? Cunning indeed, but the trouser deception does not hold much sway in a village where hardly anyone has humanoid legs! Clearly a mistake which would only be made by an inexperienced infiltrator!!"
*Gnaws bone.*
*Scampers off, jumping between rooftops.*

Fleeing Coward
2009-10-13, 06:24 PM
Mordokai's obviously a wolf faking his own death :smalltongue:

UncleWolf
2009-10-13, 06:34 PM
The miniature giant space Coyote scratches his ear before howling at where the moon should be.

"Yowwwlll!"
(:smallbiggrin:)

Andre Fairchilde
2009-10-13, 08:13 PM
The Infernal Vampiric llithid Rogue/Assassin/Swashbuckler Faairnchdilrdee opens the skull of a slave for snack...

Dinner for is it Rakkon?

(Point is for RP sake, and I pity Rakoon, as he's probably one of the only edible sounding names in a whole game full of monsters.)

whitehelm
2009-10-13, 11:17 PM
Zar Peter

He knows why. :smallbiggrin:

Mordokai
2009-10-14, 12:28 AM
Mordokai's obviously a wolf faking his own death :smalltongue:

I mean it. Don't do that. And consider this your last warning.

Zar Peter
2009-10-14, 12:33 AM
I point at TPAM...

What did you expect? We ARE that crazy...

And point at Whitehelm for real... as reward that he pointed at me.

whitehelm
2009-10-14, 12:37 AM
And I point at Whitehelm

I feel left out because he doesn't point at me on day 1 anymore :smalltongue:

And point at Whitehelm for real... as reward that he pointed at me.

Make up your mind. :smalltongue:

Yspoch
2009-10-14, 12:53 AM
"You no eat right head! You with class le-vels! You evil!!! RAAAARHHH!!!", the left head of the biclops is clearly enraged as his left hand shakes a rock in the general direction of the cursed vampire Faairnchdilrdee (Andre Fairchilde).

rakkoon
2009-10-14, 02:16 AM
"This last time me say, you is right head, me is left head!
And this last warning, if Andre Fairchilde says joke two head better than one again, we split his head agains rock!
And name is said like Rock-on""

TFT
2009-10-14, 02:53 AM
Fleeing Coward, for annoying the narrator dude :smalltongue:

The Bookworm
2009-10-14, 05:50 AM
The half-Mimic-half-Dragon-half-Doppelganger sits in the corner quietly. Despite many very visible appendages, he's still trying to pretend to be a treasure chest. He stretches his arm, and quietly points it at Thufir.

Fleeing Coward
2009-10-14, 05:56 AM
Guess Mordokai really is that easy to annoy :smalltongue:
How about we get rid of that Fleeing Coward instead?

Andre Fairchilde
2009-10-14, 06:32 AM
(Whoa! It was for RP and I get two votes?)

Fleeing Coward for annoying the narrator.

Fleeing Coward
2009-10-14, 06:34 AM

Fleeing Coward for annoying the narrator.

OK, now I got a legitimate reason to point at Andre Fairchilde. It's called survival :smallbiggrin:

rakkoon
2009-10-14, 06:44 AM

I want to punish you for that, not kill you ...

"Is last time Andre! Don know how angry left head will be next time, rember Coward? What left of im? Ey brother 'ead?"

Fleeing Coward

Murska
2009-10-14, 07:38 AM
Andre Fairchilde, for bandwagons!

Opeth_Freak
2009-10-14, 07:47 AM
Andre counterwagon gogogo!

happyturtle
2009-10-14, 07:52 AM
Fleeing Coward to even them up again

/Aemoh

Yspoch
2009-10-14, 07:59 AM
"Me left, right? You side right so me not wrong. ... This head hurt now." At least one side of the biclops now is clearly confused.

"We now eat chicken?" (Fleeing Coward)

Dr. Bath
2009-10-14, 08:09 AM
Hmm. Well I don't see Andre in many games, but I do see FC. So I'll vote for him.

rakkoon
2009-10-14, 10:23 AM
Was last warning, Andre , no splitting head jokes!

Mustiado
2009-10-14, 11:10 AM
FC, obviously. He embodies all that is good and noble. Must be some sort of adventurer.

Yspoch
2009-10-14, 11:22 AM
"Arghhh! You killin' me, otha head! No eat chicken? Mean mindeating thingy now?", the left head shakes in frustration.

The biclops throws its rock at Faairnchdilrdee (Andre Fairchilde).

"SEE?!? ME CAN DO!"

YimmytheSneak
2009-10-14, 11:52 AM
Mustiado Because.

Supagoof
2009-10-14, 11:54 AM
((

Summary: Mordokai was killed, he was the village leader. Day one starts now and ends in 48 hours.
Yay, we finally killed that jerk! :smallbiggrin:

What? He asked for it. :smallamused:

*snip* In the meantime, feel free to do some roleplaying, if somebody feels like it, tell narrator what jerk he is... stuff like that. *snip*
))

Murska
2009-10-14, 11:58 AM
Supagoof is a killer!

whitehelm
2009-10-14, 01:30 PM
Changing to FC, because Andre rarely plays WW games and you all want to vote him out Day 1!

Kyouhen
2009-10-14, 02:08 PM
The friendly neighbourhood clockroach clicks angrily at rakkoon for making so much noise, then sticks his head back in the nearest dumpster.

Deathslayer7
2009-10-14, 11:01 PM
5 for Fleeing Coward and 5 for Andre. Hmmm what to do.

Andre it is then cause FC is getting lynched in SEU

Kyouhen
2009-10-15, 12:49 AM
The clockroach decides to side with Fleeing Coward to help him even the odds.

...What do you mean that's making things worse for him? :smallconfused:

The Bookworm
2009-10-15, 05:55 AM
Andre Fairchilde.

Andre Fairchilde
2009-10-15, 08:15 AM
Am I the only person FC has NOT approached and said he was a Mason to by PM?

I'm really sick and tired of the same stuff every game.

I made one point in RP, and now I'm being lynched - a XXXXXXX - again.

Nice.

And FC - who may or may not be a mason - will probably be night killed ANYWAY - and the village loses two good guys in one day instead of one.

EDIT - SORRY - I WAS REMINDED THAT I CAN'T CLAIM MY ROLE IN THE THREAD. SORRY!

happyturtle
2009-10-15, 08:21 AM
He hasn't claimed anything to me. But it does seem like a pretty heavy effort is being made to save him.

On the other hand, Andre isn't a frequent player and doesn't deserve a day one lynch.

I invite the village to lynch happyturtle. Those omnomnomivorous pants can't be up to any good!

Fleeing Coward
2009-10-15, 08:22 AM
Am I the only person FC has NOT approached and said he was a Mason to by PM?

I'm really sick and tired of the same stuff every game.

I made one point in RP, and now I'm being lynched - a villager - again.

Nice.

And FC - who may or may not be a mason - will probably be night killed ANYWAY - and the village loses two good guys in one day instead of one.

OK, Murska and rakkoon, which of you two decided that it was a good idea to reveal that I'm a mason?

The whole point of me using pm and limiting it to just you two is to minimise the chance of the wolves knowing who I am in a game without a baner :smallmad:

Andre Fairchilde
2009-10-15, 08:23 AM
Thanks Happyturtle. *hugs*

Murska
2009-10-15, 08:28 AM
Happyturtle. And it's rather obvious you're a mason. That is, if you are a mason.

Andre Fairchilde
2009-10-15, 08:30 AM
OK, Murska and rakkoon, which of you two decided that it was a good idea to reveal that I'm a mason?

The whole point of me using pm and limiting it to just you two is to minimise the chance of the wolves knowing who I am in a game without a baner :smallmad:

Maybe after running 9 games it's just easier for me to identify who the masons are and who they aren't. I've even been lynched becuase I approached a mason (In Vampire) BY the masons out of fear.

Looking at the voting record, it's obvious there was collusion - it didn't even matter about the PMs.

Fleeing Coward
2009-10-15, 08:31 AM
Happyturtle. And it's rather obvious you're a mason. That is, if you are a mason.

Thanks Murska, you've just given me all the reason I need to really kill you next time I'm a wolf:smalltongue:

Maybe after running 9 games it's just easier for me to identify who the masons are and who they aren't. I've even been lynched becuase I approached a mason (In Vampire) BY the masons out of fear.

Looking at the voting record, it's obvious there was collusion - it didn't even matter about the PMs.

I PMed 2 people. Rakkoon may have been abit obvious with his vote change timing but I don't even know why the rest of them voted for you since I most certainly didn't pm them with a role claim...

rakkoon
2009-10-15, 08:32 AM
I think it's really suspicious that you just changed your vote again.

Either you know something I don't (as in are a power role yourself) or FC approached you to say that he's a Mason. Take that with a grain of salt.

I've been talking with both of you and wavering between the two. Andre ain't stupid and draws his conclusions. HappyTurtle

And note to everybody : I respond badly to threats , try sugar, I fall for that every time

happyturtle
2009-10-15, 08:34 AM
Woohoo! People are following my point!

I'M POPULAR!!!! :smallbiggrin:

Fleeing Coward
2009-10-15, 08:36 AM
Also the fact that Andre doesn't play many WW games does not make him any less likely a wolf and since he chose to ask this publicly instead of resolving it via PM gives me all the more reason to stand by my point against him.

happyturtle
2009-10-15, 08:42 AM
If it was blindingly obvious to Mrs Brain Fog here that an effort was being made to save you, I really don't think Andre let any state secrets escape. :smalltongue:

Fleeing Coward
2009-10-15, 08:46 AM
If it was blindingly obvious to Mrs Brain Fog here that an effort was being made to save you, I really don't think Andre let any state secrets escape. :smalltongue:

It does not matter what is blindingly obvious, you don't give the wolves any information that they might even have a miniscule chance of missing it if you can help it.

An experienced player/narrator like Andre should know this as well as anybody yet he still chose to post it out publicly that even the most stupid wolf can't miss it now.

whitehelm
2009-10-15, 08:53 AM
FC: It was rather obvious what you were. Andre had a good reason to be getting massive support on Day 1, you didn't, unless you were a mason. That's why I sent you the PMs I did. Someone else posted this first.

Thanks, Happyturtle :smallsmile:

Fleeing Coward
2009-10-15, 08:59 AM
FC: It was rather obvious what you were. Andre had a good reason to be getting massive support on Day 1, you didn't, unless you were a mason. That's why I sent you the PMs I did.

Thanks, Happyturtle :smallsmile:

Except that most of the points supporting me had no input from me at all. Apart from Murska and rakkoon I did not make contact with any of the others who voted against Andre.

Also, I think the fact that people are trying to lynch me in almost very other game I'm in is a pretty good reason for why I'm getting more support than I usually do.

Either way, happyturtle sacrificing herself makes absolutely no sense at all since all it does is further hinder whichever side she's on.

happyturtle
2009-10-15, 09:07 AM
Makes sense to me. It lets two people who want to play the game more than I do stay in the game longer.

Also, I find the idea of Fleeing Coward telling me I should do things that make sense very amusing. :smallbiggrin:

Yspoch
2009-10-15, 09:11 AM
Please correct me, if I'm wrong, but wouldn't Andre Fairchilde have been save and Fleeing Coward have been lynched until happyturtle changed her point? If I did count correctly both lynchees had 7 votes with FC reaching 7 first. Or am I completly mistaken?

I can't help it, but if this is indeed true it somehow tickles my funny bone... :smallsmile:

Fleeing Coward
2009-10-15, 09:13 AM
Sure I mess around sometimes but at the end of the day, I've always tried to do what I believe benefits my team when it matters.

If you believe getting yourself lynched is in the best interest of your team then I can't stop you but I still think it'd hurt the villagers more than it'll help.

If Andre's really a villager, the wolves will kill him soon enough anyways but if he's actually a wolf as I believe, what you've done is bought him an extra few days and hurt the villagers in the process.

Hyozo
2009-10-15, 09:37 AM
The roving mauler rolls through town, trying to understand this world spinning by him. He notices Andre Fairchilde arguing with fleeing coward, and begins to wonder who Andre is.

whitehelm
2009-10-15, 09:38 AM
Even if he is a wolf I think he deserves to play a little bit, but I'm ok with lynching him in a couple days since we know for sure he's not a mason.

Mustiado
2009-10-15, 10:49 AM
Meh. I'm still for voting for FC, even if he is a mason. Four out of five times he pulls this nonsense, voting for himself, claiming to be a wolf, etc, and then when the predictable wagon rolls around, he tries to save himself from the crosshairs.

It only stays a challenge if he fails once in a while, people. FC is still a valid target, mason or no.

Thufir
2009-10-15, 11:56 AM
Woohoo! People are following my point!

I'M POPULAR!!!! :smallbiggrin:

Meh. I was pointing at happyturtle before it was cool.

Zar Peter
2009-10-15, 02:04 PM
Change point at happyturtle

Although I keep an eye on you, whitey :smallwink:

smuchmuch
2009-10-15, 03:10 PM
If Happyturtle wants to be lynched then galantry forces me to point at her.

Mordokai
2009-10-15, 04:56 PM
Day over, before any more chaos happens. Why does this chaotic crap always happen in my games...

Mordokai
2009-10-15, 05:43 PM
Day 1 ends.

If we don't count the killing of the beloved villager leader(who nobody even noticed died, thank you very much), the arrival of the random adventuring party(who's random encounter now, bitch!) and the general tantrum the villagers threw, everything passed more or less as always. Some fighting, some foraging, some washing...

The mawler is on the on schedual to do the washing this time. Too bad he is dire need of washing himself. And that he chewed off the couple of monster's crotches while being in his prime... in a village like this, memories last long... unpleasant ones even longer. As he bends down and starts doing his work, some of the other monsters sneak up on him, throw him across the log and spank the poor thing with a paddle the size of a tennis racket. And after that is done, they tie him up in a bundle and play baseball with it and a large bat... that's actually an ogre's greatclub. And after everything is done, they throw it into the river. To get washed up good.

Comes night, the village is down one inhabitant, but most of it's inhabitant's are happy because of that. At least they won't need to watch which pants are they putting on in the morning.

Summary: happyturtle was lynched, she was a villager. Night 1 begins now and last 24 hours. I expect a kill vote in that time.

Fleeing Coward
2009-10-15, 06:07 PM
Even if he is a wolf I think he deserves to play a little bit, but I'm ok with lynching him in a couple days since we know for sure he's not a mason.

I don't even know how to respond to this...
If you're 100% certain is a wolf, you lynch them unless you feel like you could benefit from their voting records to flush out other wolves.
Letting them live just because they don't play many games...

Meh. I'm still for voting for FC, even if he is a mason. Four out of five times he pulls this nonsense, voting for himself, claiming to be a wolf, etc, and then when the predictable wagon rolls around, he tries to save himself from the crosshairs.

It only stays a challenge if he fails once in a while, people. FC is still a valid target, mason or no.

For the record, the only reason I even pointed at myself in the first place this game was because i didn't want to jump on Andre's bandwagon but once he pointed at me, he forced my hand.

However, after what Andre just did last night, I now genuinely believe that he is a wolf even though nobody will probably listen to this and I'm certainly going to get silenced tonight.

Andre Fairchilde
2009-10-15, 06:21 PM
I'm going to reply publicly because I'm irritated.

edited and deleted. I think I made my point.

FC - You've done this in almost every game that I think of. You start off pointing at yourself. Waaaay back in Aliens II you demanded daily for the Aliens (wolves) to abduct you. You outed yourself out then if I remember correctly - as a mason - and that was in 2007.

Let's play a mini-game here. All the other players - first - name off a game that FC either broke, or manipulated a situation to provide his role to the village/city/spaceship/setting.

Second - name a game that he didn't.

I'm just irritated that we see this... every ... time. That's why I said it in SEU. I don't believe it fits the spirit of the game.

That's what I was talking about. Mustiadio, Whitehelm, Happy - not that I'll dare put words in their mouth, but I think that's what happened today.

whitehelm
2009-10-15, 06:21 PM
I don't even know how to respond to this...
If you're 100% certain is a wolf, you lynch them unless you feel like you could benefit from their voting records to flush out other wolves.
Letting them live just because they don't play many games...

I'm not 100% certain he's a wolf, it's only Day 1. I just meant that even if he turns out to be a wolf I'm not going to regret trying to keep him around. It's just a game.

Fleeing Coward
2009-10-15, 06:43 PM
FC - You've done this in almost every game that I think of. You start off pointing at yourself. Waaaay back in Aliens II you demanded daily for the Aliens (wolves) to abduct you. You outed yourself out then if I remember correctly - as a mason - and that was in 2007.

Now that's just greatly overexaggerated.
As far as I'm aware of there has been only 7-8 games out of the close to 100 games I've played where I had started of on day 1 pointing at myself (including 1 where I just probably shoudln't have joined and 2 where I was just trying to hide in plain sight as wolf) and only 3-4 games where that has resulted in me having to come out and claim a role purely for the reason of saving myself (one of those claims was a blatant lie as wolf to lure out a mason).

As for games I've broken/semi-broken, I can only think of 3:
Infection: This I'll admit was probably a huge mistake in hindsight
Kyou II: I regret nothing, given the chance, I'd do it again.
Harry Potter WW: This is just the one of those borderline cases. I probably won't do it again but I think I was within my rights to exploit every loophole there is in the game.

rakkoon
2009-10-16, 01:54 AM
Fun dudes! happy happy joy joy :smalltongue:

Mordokai
2009-10-16, 06:23 PM
Night 1 ends.

Even in the village full of monsters, basic needs need to be fullfiled. Such as food. To that extent, there's an orchard(for those of veggy persuasion), a farm with some veggies and a few sheeps... and a chicken yard. Chickes, the tastiests mammal known to mankind... and monsterkind. Usually they had the mawler guarding it, but since the poor thing meet it's untimely end, they are forced to improvise. Which, in this case, means they have forfeited the guard alltogether.

Which comes very handy to the adventurers. Under the cover of the night, they sneak in to the chicken yard and the pillaging can begin.

“Grab that fast one!“
“Wouldn't it be more prudent to get the fat one?“
“Nah, the cleric said I need to watch my cholesterol intake. Now if it would be fish...“
“So what, the fast ones are low on cholesterol?“
“Sure are. I mean, look at 'im go!“
“Fair enough. Hey barbarian, knock that one out!“

And the barbarian does... with an axe to the neck. In the morning, all the monsters find are some feathers and a note.

Your chickens are very tasty! We'll be back!

Summary: Fleeing Coward was eaten by adventurers, he was a mason. Day 2 begins now and last 48 hours.

TFT
2009-10-16, 11:52 PM
Obvious suspicion goes to Andre... but no, its not going to be him. The wolves are probably messing with us. As to who to vote for... No idea.

rakkoon
2009-10-17, 12:39 AM
Well, euhm, thanks wolves for clearing that up ? :smallfrown:
Note to self, Mason threatening a lot does not mean he's a wolf...

Me no understand, came here for quiet life with other creatures, now someone kill us? In the name of Hyozo, why us?

(Just because the dude is a wolf in like 99,9% of my games )

Yspoch
2009-10-17, 08:33 PM
While one head contemplates what's happening, the other one looks to Faairnchdilrdee (Andre Fairchilde), "Hehe, he looks funny, when he's angry. Hihi."

Hyozo
2009-10-17, 08:35 PM
Well, euhm, thanks wolves for clearing that up ? :smallfrown:
Note to self, Mason threatening a lot does not mean he's a wolf...

Me no understand, came here for quiet life with other creatures, now someone kill us? In the name of Hyozo, why us?

(Just because the dude is a wolf in like 99,9% of my games )

???

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the only time I was a wolf in one of your games was The Demons, Rakkoon.

whitehelm
2009-10-18, 01:46 AM
Not many votes being made...

After careful consideration I'm going to go with rakkoon, based on the fact that FC mentioned his name, and therefore he probably isn't a mason. That and the fact that I don't really have anything better to go on.

Deathslayer7
2009-10-18, 01:58 AM
i think everyone is waiting for other people like i was. I guess it's eaiser to follow then lead though. What to make idk.

the easy thing to do, go random with whitehelm :smallbiggrin:

rakkoon
2009-10-18, 06:45 AM
@Hyozo Really? Then you made quite an impression
@whitehelm, since I switched votes between Andre and FC all the time, one could deduce that I'm not a Mason yeah :smallsmile: . Mason, smason, I'd like to be a wolf in one of the games sometime and change my sig. Not now though

smuchmuch
2009-10-18, 07:33 AM
Mason, smason, I'd like to be a wolf in one of the games sometime and change my sig. Not now though

Don't worry? I'm sure if you keep aplying in enough games, you will eventualy end up being one. Like, say, right now ?
Rakkoon

(Just following the bandwagon ,really.)

Murska
2009-10-18, 08:34 AM
Andre Fairchilde.

Kyouhen
2009-10-18, 10:09 AM
Everyone's favourite clockroach spits all over Murska until there's some form of evidence of who he should be spitting on.

Mustiado
2009-10-18, 11:19 AM
Yimmythesneak for now.

Zar Peter
2009-10-18, 11:43 AM
I point at TPAM Mustiado

I don't know this Yimmy...

YimmytheSneak
2009-10-18, 11:58 AM
The primordial ooze, in which YimmytheSneak's skull now floats, slides down from it's comfy stalactite and points a dripping digit at Wolfbane.

Andre Fairchilde
2009-10-18, 03:21 PM
(I'm not suspicious of Rawk-koon, but Opeth Freak.)

The Bookworm
2009-10-18, 04:09 PM
Rakkoon. Shouldn't it be raccoon? Or are you a half-raccoon? A dire raccoon? A were-raccoon? Got any class levels?

Mordokai
2009-10-18, 04:48 PM
Six players have not yet voted. While this may not be too bad, even for a game of this size, the narrator feels to tired to come up with anything right now. So, this day is extended for 24 hours and the narration and the results will come up then.

Appologies to everybody.

UncleWolf
2009-10-18, 05:06 PM
Thanks Mordy.
Yimmythesneak counterpoint.

YimmytheSneak
2009-10-18, 05:39 PM
Oh hey he is playing :smallbiggrin: Hi Wolfbane, I'm Yimmy.

Opeth_Freak
2009-10-18, 06:05 PM
(I'm not suspicious of Rawk-koon, but Opeth Freak.)

Just because of D1 random bandwagonness-ness-ness, Andre? :smallbiggrin:

Andre Fairchilde
2009-10-18, 06:08 PM
Because of jumping on a bandwagon of two non-wolves.

Opeth_Freak
2009-10-18, 06:23 PM
you count as a two? :smallconfused: I never voted anyone else in this game :smalltongue:

Andre Fairchilde
2009-10-18, 06:29 PM
(I see what you mean from the way I wrote my previous comment :smallsmile:)

No, what I meant was that between myself and FC - two non-wolf bandwagons, you jumped on mine right away. For some reason because I know I'm not a wolf, I assumed you might jump on my bandwagon instead of FC's because of the word of mouth that had been going on.

Thufir
2009-10-18, 08:23 PM
The Carnivorous Flying Squirrel lloks around furtively. It seems confused.
Opeth Freak
*Scamper, scamper*
*Shrug*

TFT
2009-10-18, 10:30 PM
Looks like rakkoon is gonna be lynched.

rakkoon
2009-10-19, 01:53 AM
Gonna go with Andre Fairchilde in last effort to save myself but I think he's also a villager. Either we're not cummunicating enough or the wolves are perfectly organised. Before my death:

Bit suspicious of my other head Ysproch, very willing to follow my vote and then suddenly goes all heart for Andre
Suspicious of the large following pointing at me, either an organised troop of wolves or just general bandwagoning of course
Best of luck dudes

"Me just wondering, if gravitational potential get bigger , time go more slowly, how come me no get salt with breakfast?"

whitehelm
2009-10-19, 04:16 AM
Suspicious of the large following pointing at me, either an organised troop of wolves or just general bandwagoning of course

I agree, it's a little too big. Let's see what pointing at Opeth Freak results in.

Yspoch
2009-10-19, 04:18 AM
I'll just provide my reasons for going "all heart" for Andre and would like to ask those pointing at Rakkoon to reconsider.

* Andre defended his live (who wouldn't?), but to me it seemed a bit much - complaining, being angry, getting irritated - there might even have been whining :smallwink:. Well, first day lynches happen and this won't be the last game Andre plays in, so why all the fuss? (instead of just a little bit of fuss)

However, after what Andre just did last night, I now genuinely believe that he is a wolf even though nobody will probably listen to this and I'm certainly going to get silenced tonight.

* For what it's worth, in my opinion the first day should have been decided between Andre Fairchilde and Fleeing Coward. HappyTurtles sacrifice might have been a noble deed, but it really didn't help the villagers a great deal.

If either of those two would have been lynched AND none of them nightkilled we should have lynched the other one the next day. That's what I'm trying to do.

* IF Andre Fairchilde happens to be a wolf, we gather a lot of some information. But letting him live leaves us with random pointing again.

"Psht, otha head? Why are the all looking at you?", the left head whispers.

Mustiado
2009-10-19, 10:27 AM
Opeth Freak. I'm willing to see what might come of a different wagon...

Opeth_Freak
2009-10-19, 11:28 AM
Nothing interesting, but nvm... :smalltongue:

rakkoon
2009-10-19, 01:37 PM
Opeth Freak

YimmytheSneak
2009-10-19, 04:22 PM
Oozing away from his first victim, the still thinking skull of Yimmy forces his ooze companion to point instead at Opeth Freak.

Opeth_Freak
2009-10-19, 04:27 PM
Looks like I was wrong after all. Something interesting may come from this wagon after all. Just look at those people who are changing votes to create a mislynch :smallbiggrin:

Mordokai
2009-10-19, 04:54 PM
Day 2 ends.

The chicken theft will not go unpunished! Something most be done about it, the culprit brought to justice... and fast! In lack of any better suspect, all eyes turn toward the obvious suspect. The clown. The very pissed off looking clown...

“Back off everybody! I have a baloon animal and I'm not afraid to use it!“

He whips the baloon out and in a matter of second, there's a bear standing before him. A baloon bear, but a bear nontheless.

“Now what will you do?!? Aha... haha... hahaha!“

As he keeps on laughting manically, one of the children crawls next to the baloon animal and starts chirping something in baby talk. Looks like the baloon bear is to it's liking and it enjoys it. The little one starts playing with the bear, hugging and squeezing it... until he hugs it a bit too much and pop goes the bear! Which send the kid into histeria and crying something fierce.

“He made a baby cry! He must be evil! Get him!“

Before the poor clown can get another baloon from his pocket, the lynch mob is upon him. The irony of clown being pied to death escapes but a few.

Summary: Opeth_Freak was lynched. He was a villager. Night 2 starts now and ends in 24 hours. Send me that kill.

Opeth_Freak
2009-10-19, 05:06 PM
*Honk Honk* :smallbiggrin:

happyturtle
2009-10-19, 05:10 PM
"Can't sleep... clown will eat me..." :smalleek:

Mordokai
2009-10-20, 05:45 PM
Night 2 ends.

There is a tower in the middle of the village. Well... more of a big house. Well... more like a henhouse... and on top of it, the green eye of the wolf, villager, Murska sits, day and night. His green eye, never flicking, never sleeping, pays attention to every detail, no matter how small. The village protector. He is there as long as anybody can remember. The legend has it, he's immortal.

That legend is about to be put to the test, as the band of the drunken adventurers wobbles from around the corner.

“Halt! Who goes there? Identify yourself or be subjected to all knowing gaze of the eye!“

“Hey look, you guys! It's the all mighty green eye!“

“All mighty my ass! He doesn't look so tough to me. I bet I could take him!“

“By all means, be my guest. This should be something worth watching.“

The rest of the party sits down, few paces away and wizard conjures the popcorn, as Murska steps down from the henhouse and he and barbarian start circling each other. As the blows start raining, it is soon obvious that the green eyed is obviously the stronger one here and more experienced. Come rage and fury, the barbarian can't stand to Murka's onslaught. Pretty soon, the barbarian is lying down, licking his wounds. As Murska steps over him, it is pretty obvious how this will end.

That is, would it not be for the rest of the party. As he turns his back to them, he is striken down by a plague of insects, a halo of fire and torrential rain. Each on it's own wouldn't mean much, but all three combined are enough even for him. Pretty soon, nothing is left... save for a famous green eye.

“Dibs!“

“Dude, you totally got whiped by him. Why do you want a reminder of your failure?“

“...on second though, you have it.“

In the morning, the henhouse is no more. Looks like Murska had a really wild party... again, since he is nowhere to be seen again.

Summary: Murska was killed, he was a villager. Day 3 starts now and ends in 48 hours.
Players that need to vote today to avoid autolynch:

Dr. Bath

Murska
2009-10-20, 05:46 PM
(And killed, AGAIN. Jeesh.)

Yspoch
2009-10-21, 12:49 AM
"Big eye dead? Not FAIR! Hmm, fair? Faair... nch... dilr... dee?", the left head of the biclops seems to be a master of logic and causality.

-------

Andre Fairchilde for now, altough it really looks like a trap (and a not very subtle one) for him (with Murska pointing at him the day before). Still, until someone comes up with a better target, I'll stick to the reasons I posted (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7151480&postcount=125).

Andre Fairchilde
2009-10-21, 07:07 AM
Yspoch - for falling into a trap.

(But I love your usage of "causality"! :smallsmile:)

rakkoon
2009-10-21, 07:10 AM
Hows about Kyouhen for the sudden change to Murska yesterday?

"Big-eye was friend, we three talk lot bout best way to dismember human. WILL MISS HIM (starts to blubber) WAAAAAAHAAAH"

whitehelm
2009-10-21, 08:43 AM
Yspoch for now.

Mustiado
2009-10-21, 12:31 PM
Yspoch i suppose. I think this lynch brings us answers one way or another today.

Dr. Bath
2009-10-21, 12:44 PM
Mustiado. This whole following bandwagons saying that it will give us vital information everyday just seems pretty suspicious to me. It's very black and white, and we can't afford that in the early stages of the game.

Yspoch
2009-10-21, 12:45 PM
Well, it certainly is interesting... especially the reasons given.

--------

"Ahhhhhh!"

Mustiado
2009-10-21, 01:13 PM
Mustiado. This whole following bandwagons saying that it will give us vital information everyday just seems pretty suspicious to me. It's very black and white, and we can't afford that in the early stages of the game.

Well, in an effort to enlighten my thoughts.

We had the initial Andre/FC wagon going. Happyturtle stepped in and derailed it. There's a strong possibility that we've been being led from that point on. If Yspoch is a villager today, I'd be willing to take the bet on Andre now that we're three days in. It's just my personal breaking point, considering how strong a hand Andre has had in the wagons. If Yspoch ends up being something more nefarious, then my initial instincts were right.

To Paraphrase RSG, I reserve the right to be wrong. If today ends up badly for us, I'll exercise it.

Zar Peter
2009-10-21, 03:55 PM
Good enough for me.

Sorry, Yspoch

TFT
2009-10-21, 09:55 PM
Alright, I actually made a spreadsheet(suprise suprise, at least from me), and its showing a lot of very wierd patterns.

Andre Fairchilde is looking very very suspicious. Everyone who has died(except happyturtle, special occasion) has voted at him. He has a following of specific people (Mustiado and whitehelm both days, others for 2 days, but only a couple more), and we know he is not a mason, because he and FC pointed at each other day one, and were fighting most of the day. This all doesn't really look like coincidence. On day three, thats a lot.

Kyouhen
2009-10-22, 01:39 AM
The friendly neighbourhood clockroach sets about cleaning up what little is left from the hen house, glaring at Andre Fairchilde for not helping.

rakkoon
2009-10-22, 05:20 AM
Since we now have two bandwagons, my lone vote seems a bit ridiculous.
I'm not voting for 50% of my heads so Andre Fairchilde.
Andre, if you're innocent I'll apologize later, don't pm me about this one.

As stated either one should give us some information.

The Bookworm
2009-10-22, 05:44 AM
Andre Fairchilde.

Thufir
2009-10-22, 06:01 AM
Yeah, I'm gonna have to go with Andre, as that wagon has at least some basis.

Mustiado
2009-10-22, 11:36 AM
Hurm. Guess we'll find out if Andre is innocent a day sooner than I thought.

UncleWolf
2009-10-22, 11:51 AM
I have to agree with Bath's reasons, but Andre has looked pretty suspicious this far.

But then it could be possible the wolves are framing him, we just don't know. If it turns out to be that he is a villager, we should take a look at Mustiado and Yspoch.

EDIT: Filing away possible notice, I may not be here this weekend, but I won't know until after I log off. If I'm not going to be here, I won't get a chance to post tomorrow. Please don't lynch me. :smallsmile:

Mordokai
2009-10-23, 06:05 PM
Day 3 ends.

After the death of the big green eye, the tension is running high. Every inhabitant of the village is bent on finding the culprit, which leads to some highly amusing situations, such as the two heads of biclops accusing each other of being murderer and slamming each other around for good five minutes, after they finally decide to have enough of childish games, take each their own club and smack the other head around. Needless to say, that puts them out of the game for a good while.

It continues with the, what some would call unnatural, monster, the dreaded vampiric ilithid. As the biclops lays there, sleeping, he sneaks up upon the unsuspecting prey and puts his tentacles around one of his heads. As it turns out, the head is too big for that... not to mention just a tad too empty. And the other head produces no better results. And then, out of nowhere, comes the slapping, as he is accused of perversion of village kids. Seems tentacles are connected to something called hentai, or somesuch... as the poor ilithid wanders away from the still sleeping biclops, he spots his next victim. If brains wouldn't sate his hunger, then blood would have to do it. So, he sneaks up(those rogue levels sure come in handy in cases such as this) to the house of unsuspecting victim and peers in. He sees a woman, her back to him and he licks his lips. This would do just great. He climbs through the window and sneaks up to the woman and bites her in the neck... only to find out she's wearing a garlic necklace.

“What the hell woman! Who wears garlic as jewerly anyway?!“

But it would appear the woman is not too flattered by the attention of the ilithid, as she takes the broom and clubs him to death, while screaming something about perverts sneaking up on her all the time.

Summary: Andre Fairchilde was lynched, he was one of the adventurers(a wolf). Night 3 starts now and ends in 24 hours.

Zar Peter
2009-10-24, 01:44 AM
Since Andre knows it: <scrubbed>. And I think I can confirm a villager but he can out himself.

Yspoch
2009-10-24, 03:41 AM
Thanks Andre, for being a wolf! I think I might die rather soon, so I'll tell you who I think is suspicious.

First - everyone who pointed at Fleeing Coward the first day (to save Andre?), is obviously suspicious (Dr. Bath, Kyouhen, Mustiado, whitehelm)

Second - the same goes for everyone who pointed at me the previous day :smalltongue: (Mustiado, whitehelm, Zar Peter)

Third - what's up with the (sometimes late) random points at Mustiado? They could be Alibi-Points, if Mustiado is a wolf ("I can't be a wolf! I pointed at Mustiado before!"). (Dr. Bath, Yimmythesneak, Zar Peter)

Sorry, Zar Peter, but I don't believe your claim (which by the way - for some reason i don't know - is against the rules) just now. I could be wrong of course, but you did a very good job hiding your alignment.

I got some pms, some I trust and some I think are a bit unbelieveable, with only some twisted truth in there.

Get those adventurers! :-)

----------

"He, ohta head! We got one! We got one! Yiha!", the left part of the biclops begins to move in a way, which only a very creative mind could imagine to be a "dance".

Zar Peter
2009-10-24, 10:48 AM
Well, since Andre PMed me and asked for a vote change I couldn't help him so he knows my role now because usually I help him out.

Deathslayer7
2009-10-24, 08:13 PM
physics test monday. Got to study for that, so won't be here. Please don't auto. Thanks

rakkoon
2009-10-25, 06:56 AM
I'm so glad he was a wolf, kept pm-ing me every time I voted, at least he had a solid reason to! On to the next!

Mordokai
2009-10-25, 06:16 PM
Night 3 ends.

Of all the monsters, werewolf is perhaps the most scary one. His powerful muscles, his ability to scent out his foes, combines with his powerful teeth and claws enable him to hunt alone and be feared by all the lesser creatures. Yes, of all the creatures of the night, werewolf is perhaps the scariest of them all. When the full moon comes up and the howl of the damned can be heard, everybody hides in their dwelling, praying they will live to see the light of the day again.

Unless it's the particular werewolf we're speaking about. Because instead of hunting the prey, this one rather spends his time hunting the tail... of a catgirls or any other girls, it doesn't really matter, just as long as he gets some booty. Granted, he has all the advantages of the werewolf already mentioned, but this one is a smart werewolf. He figured out it doesn't really pay to shred people apart, especially if they are young and willing women, that can be seduced and exploited readily. This night he roams again, in search of his selected prey. And he finds her, near the stream. He comes close and starts showing off his bulging muscles.

“My dear, all this and more can be yours, if only you would grant me a privilige of your company for the night.“

It's obvious his charms are working wonders again, as the young woman slowly finds herself attracted to him. As she leans in for the kiss however, the wolf finds her breath stinks... of a wolfbane. Too bad this werewolf has a bad case of wolfbane alergy.

Summary: Wolfbane was killed by the wolves, he was a mason. Day 4 starts now and ends in 48 hours, hopefully.

People that need to vote or be autolynched:

YimmyTheSneak
Hyozo
smuchmuch

UncleWolf
2009-10-25, 09:19 PM
:smallbiggrin:
Great Epic narration, but it kind of sucks that I got killed when I wasn't here.

*counts*

Well, I've officially been a mason 60% of the time(12/20!), and if I'm right, I'm finally out of actual WW games. :smalleek:

TFT
2009-10-25, 11:09 PM
Alright, I'm going with Mustiado. He followed Andre Fairchilde every day. This also seems like the kind of plan he would do, have all the wolves bandwagon, control the lynch and hope no one would notice. He also hasn't given any analysis yet(which in games where he is a villager he usually does).

Mustiado
2009-10-25, 11:14 PM
No analysis today because it's day three. I'm actually going to go on a hunch, and go Yspoch again.

whitehelm
2009-10-26, 01:25 AM
Mustiado, because Yspoch is almost certainly innocent. He was one of the first to point at Andre Day 1, and I don't see any reason for a wolf to take that risk. Later in the day, maybe, but not that early.

Hyozo
2009-10-26, 02:45 AM
He was one of the first to point at Andre Day 1, and I don't see any reason for a wolf to take that risk.

Whitehelm for anti-logic. Wolves frequently point at each other on day 1 so they can use this very same argument to defend themselves. I've actually found wolves before by expecting them to do this.

rakkoon
2009-10-26, 04:05 AM
Ysproch was not taking my advise and went for Andre (I followed him in the end), also frequently tried to make me vote for Andre. Hence I think we can trust him.
Mustiado then

YimmytheSneak
2009-10-26, 07:07 AM
I think I like Whitehelm for today.

The Bookworm
2009-10-26, 09:48 AM
The half-Mimic-half-Dragon-half-Doppelganger is still sitting in the corner. He point at Mustiado with his tail.

rakkoon
2009-10-26, 09:59 AM
"Me had nice dream, warm on head.
HUGH, still sticky.
Left-head, wanna go look for advent-advent-funny people?
Or you stay here?
Right-head? WAKE UP!"

http://gammillustrations.bizland.com/monsterkid5/5_images/cyclops1.jpg

Kyouhen
2009-10-26, 10:05 AM
Captain Clockroach helps 'clean' the silent Biclops head while keeping a close eye on Whitehelm.

Mustiado
2009-10-26, 11:34 AM
Let me at least justify my Yspoch point then. I think we may have been onto something by pointing at Yspoch, as judging by the late wagon for Andre (yes, I know Andre was a wolf.) There's another situation in which they could have given up Andre, and that's if we had two wagons that were both wolves. In that situation, which wolf do you give up, the relatively unknown one, or the one who has been suspicious all game?

These points are extremely interesting so far.

Thufir
2009-10-26, 12:23 PM
The Carnivorous Flying Squirrel babbles nervously.
"Well who could it be? Who? I, er... I know! No... Yes! Whitehelm! He must be an adventurer! Why else would he have a helm?!"
*Scamper*

Zar Peter
2009-10-26, 02:49 PM
Point at Yspoch

Thought of something similar like Mustiado

Hyozo
2009-10-26, 03:36 PM

Indeed, especially since I never actually accused Whitehelm of anything but bad logic, which villagers are just as capable of as wolves are.

TFT
2009-10-26, 07:58 PM
Let me at least justify my Yspoch point then. I think we may have been onto something by pointing at Yspoch, as judging by the late wagon for Andre (yes, I know Andre was a wolf.) There's another situation in which they could have given up Andre, and that's if we had two wagons that were both wolves. In that situation, which wolf do you give up, the relatively unknown one, or the one who has been suspicious all game?

Why would a WOLF start the pointing against another WOLF, who isn't suspicious at all?

For your idea to make sense, they would have had to have done that TWICE, first on day one, and second on day three(the only reason the Yspoch bandwagon started was Andre pointing at him) The day three point by Andre happened before the bandwagon got a-rollin'.

whitehelm
2009-10-26, 08:16 PM
Why would a WOLF start the pointing against another WOLF, who isn't suspicious at all?

For your idea to make sense, they would have had to have done that TWICE, first on day one, and second on day three(the only reason the Yspoch bandwagon started was Andre pointing at him) The day three point by Andre happened before the bandwagon got a-rollin'.

Technically I was going to point at him anyway, but Andre didn't know that.

Yspoch
2009-10-27, 02:12 AM
Rakkoon, that's a great picture! I'm still laughing! They are even pointing at themselves! :smallbiggrin:

Either Mustiado has not been paying a lot of attention to this game or he is a (quite desperate) wolf. I believe it's the 2nd option.

Zar Peter, I would like to invite you for together finding a way to prove your innocence as I'm (of course) still unconvinced. As long as we don't trust each other, I can't ask for a direct confirmation. But maybe we can somehow try to communicate with your "confirmed" villager? If he is someone I would trust, he might be able to help us. Or not?

----------

"Hu? I'm awake, i'm awake... moar rock throwin' now?" - wiping some drool away, the eye of the left head still looks rather sleepy.

Mustiado
2009-10-27, 07:52 AM
Hmph. Here comes a fun waste of a lynch kids.

I'm not even going to do anything as dramatic as say "Look at Yspoch once I'm gone!!" because I dont know if I'm right or not. I could save my hide by trying to convince Petey to vote Whitehelm maybe...

What the hell. Whitehelm. Then maybe we can go after Yspoch tomorrow now that we've had two random wagons swing up to protect Yspoch.

And I just said I wouldn't do this... Heh. After I'm lynched today and we get through the other suspects that this day has created, take a close look at The Fiery Tower. Methinks the wolves thought they could eliminate me by controlling the day lynch early. Maybe they were right.

Yspoch
2009-10-27, 10:59 AM
Mustiado, your reasons to vote/lynch me:

* a hunch
* a theorie that involves the wolves planning to sacrifice Andre Fairchilde from day 1 and me being the most vocal about lynching Andre.
* because the 4-person bandwagon against me (consisting of Andre, whitehelm, Zar Peter and you) was overtaken by the Andre-bandwagon, a player who has been nearly lynched on BOTH previous day, but got saved on both - somehow this clearly means it was only made to protect me...
* feel free to add some more here

My reasons to vote/lynch you:

* Day 1: pointing at Fleeing Coward (not Andre Fairchilde)
* Day 2: pointing at and lynching Opeth_Freak at a last ditch effort just as Andre Fairchilde was in danger of overtaking rakkoons votecount.
* Day 3: supporting an early-day bandwagon started by Andre
* Not even considering or commenting the reasons I listed against Andre
* Random points made against you (Day 1, Day 2 and Day 3) which could lead to other wolves if you are indeed guilty.
If Yspoch is a villager today, I'd be willing to take the bet on Andre now that we're three days in. It's just my personal breaking point, considering how strong a hand Andre has had in the wagons. If Yspoch ends up being something more nefarious, then my initial instincts were right.
Somehow the reverse course of action makes me more suspicious?

Now, each of the above points could have been an honest mistake, but listed like that it really has an awful look to it.

We might be both villagers, just a bit too eager trying to lynch each other, but what shall I say: I can't find a single reason NOT to try and lynch you. Can you say the same about me? :smallconfused:

Deathslayer7
2009-10-27, 02:08 PM
I'm going with Yimmy and say whitehelm

Mustiado
2009-10-27, 02:59 PM
Mustiado, your reasons to vote/lynch me:

* a hunch
* a theorie that involves the wolves planning to sacrifice Andre Fairchilde from day 1 and me being the most vocal about lynching Andre.
* because the 4-person bandwagon against me (consisting of Andre, whitehelm, Zar Peter and you) was overtaken by the Andre-bandwagon, a player who has been nearly lynched on BOTH previous day, but got saved on both - somehow this clearly means it was only made to protect me...
* feel free to add some more here

My reasons to vote/lynch you:

* Day 1: pointing at Fleeing Coward (not Andre Fairchilde)
* Day 2: pointing at and lynching Opeth_Freak at a last ditch effort just as Andre Fairchilde was in danger of overtaking rakkoons votecount.
* Day 3: supporting an early-day bandwagon started by Andre
* Not even considering or commenting the reasons I listed against Andre
* Random points made against you (Day 1, Day 2 and Day 3) which could lead to other wolves if you are indeed guilty.
Somehow the reverse course of action makes me more suspicious?

Now, each of the above points could have been an honest mistake, but listed like that it really has an awful look to it.

We might be both villagers, just a bit too eager trying to lynch each other, but what shall I say: I can't find a single reason NOT to try and lynch you. Can you say the same about me? :smallconfused:

I don't know about adding points, but I can at least refute a few of the ones you had listed. Firstly, I continued to point at FC because he literally pulls his "I'm a mason/wolf" crap in every single game, and we need to teach him not to continue to claim. He'd asked for it in so many games that I wasn't going to let it slide for another. As for Day Two, I had said plainly that I'd be willing to try other wagons that I thought were viable, as I didn't believe that Andre was a a wolf, and neither was Rakkoon. As far as my reasoning goes for that, if I'm a wolf, and I have someone who looks very suspicious barely scraping past a lynch the day before, I'm going to trust that the mod can be nudged into lynching him with a minimum of prodding. Why waste my night kill when the town can do it for me? By the time day three came up, I was willing to take one more villager lynch as a sign that Andre was being protected, and would have gone after him on Day Four.

You're really counting the random points I collected as useful material for hunting down other wolves? I find that to be a very spotty track record, especially as almost everyone garners random first day points. Simply as a by-product of my being more vocal in this game and in Bounty Hunters (you're welcome, Fiery Tower) have I even ended up with points this time. The fact that I'm willing to draw more attention to myself this early in the game unbidden should speak to my innocence in some way.

And as far as the Andre wagon saving your behind, check out Bounty Hunters. They had a day where both FC and Billtodamax were wolves, but FC had already been indicated and was under heavy suspicion. They chose to push his wagon and get him lynched first. In theory, Bill should have gotten a day or two of cover from this, but the town pushed on for his lynch anyway. I guess they're more astute over there or something. In any case, I don't think the situation I outlined is as outrageous as you make it out to be.

As for the wolves planning to sacrifice Andre on day one, that's not exactly how that scenario worked out. He took a stand against FC claiming as well, and suddenly it turned into a rundown against both he and FC, because they took the forefront in leading the crowd. He was only in that position because he was put there/put himself there. That you should characterize it as a play to sacrifice a wolf is very interesting.

Actually, it looks that your entire argument for lynching me is based off of the logic of "Mustiado believed that Andre was someone the wolves were trying to frame, instead of him actually being a wolf." Not much more solid than my idea, IMO.

Maybe there's still some merit to my point against you. But I have to survive today, so Whitehelm it stays, and The Fiery Tower tomorrow, or until he's lynched.

Mordokai
2009-10-27, 06:08 PM
Day 4 ends.

It's a grand day for the village. The weekly contest in throwing the rocks as far as possible. Of course, the biclops is the biggest competitor for the title of the champion... probably because he's also the only one. The two heads exchange few pleasantries in the form of curses, cusses and punches(and an "accidental" eye poke) and set for the competition.

The left head starts, throwing the rock a good distance, almost smashing Mustiado in the dust. After Mustiado has a few chosen words with the biclops(and gets thrown in the distance as well, much further than the rock, in fact), it's right head's turn. Picking up the rock, it lifts it, takes a few steps back and chucks it into the distance, smashing one of the villagers in the process. Even his famous white helm isn't enough to save him this time.

The right head is declared a winner, after much arguing did he or did he not take one step too much. And after that follows the feast with much alcohol, which makes everybody happy and forget what the hell where they arguing about in the first place.

((All the names and roles in the narration are there for fluff reasons only. Don't read too much into it. If you think there's a hint in there, it isn't.))

Summary: whitehelm was lynched, he was a villager. Night 4 starts now and ends in 24 hours. Smuchmuch gets a free one day pass, because I noticed he filled away notice in the other thread. However, should he not point tommorow, he will be autolynched.

TFT
2009-10-27, 09:06 PM
Alright, I know its a bit early, but I'm gonna give my defense.

I'm usually not vocal in these games. Whether I be a villager, a mason, a wolf... anything, I am not vocal.

I thought it might be interesting to see what would happen if I were to be vocal for a game.

So, I waited until the middle of day three and I made a spreadsheet, and found Andre to be suspicious(For reasons I believe I have already stated). Poeple followed my logic(Unless I'm mistaken), and we ended up hitting a wolf.

So, after that I looked at my spreadsheet again.(Which somehow is now gone :smallfrown:) What I noticed is that Mustiado followed Andre both those days, and was a part of the lynch effort against Opeth(Which ended up SAVING Andre) Now, I will readily admit that it isn't the best reason, a little shaky, but I found it better then any other logic we had been using.

If you don't believe me, lynch me. You will see the truth, and know you can trust me.

rakkoon
2009-10-28, 03:23 AM
"Me talk to Clockroach, it say we have one stoh-mach so should be double drunk. Me like having one stoh-mach HA HA HA HA HAA. Need sleep now.... "

Hyozo
2009-10-28, 03:50 AM

So that you'll ask this question, as I already said.

-Wolves like to point at each other to make it look like they're not on the same side. Since changing points would make them look extremely suspicious, this means that wolves frequently start bandwagons against each other.

Yspoch
2009-10-28, 10:39 AM
I don't know about adding points, but I can at least refute a few of the ones you had listed.
Fine, let's take a look.

Firstly, I continued to point at FC because he literally pulls his "I'm a mason/wolf" crap in every single game, and we need to teach him not to continue to claim. He'd asked for it in so many games that I wasn't going to let it slide for another.
I don't need to teach FC anything, so speak for yourself.

Bad luck that it's just in a game were the alternative bandwagon is aimed at a wolf, that you decide to teach FC a lesson, eh?

As for Day Two, I had said plainly that I'd be willing to try other wagons that I thought were viable, as I didn't believe that Andre was a a wolf, and neither was Rakkoon.

And Opeth_Freak was a viable bandwagon because? Oh, I know - he pointed at Andre the day before tipping the scales (4:3). He could of course have been a mason too, trying to save FC from the lynch. A viable target indeed - for a wolf. And why was Rakkoon not a viable target in your eyes?

As far as my reasoning goes for that, if I'm a wolf, and I have someone who looks very suspicious barely scraping past a lynch the day before, I'm going to trust that the mod can be nudged into lynching him with a minimum of prodding. Why waste my night kill when the town can do it for me?

I can only guess you are talking about FC here. I too have been quite astonished to see FC night killed, I give you that. I can only guess it has been either an "emotional" kill or a divisionary tactic ("the wolves must be unexperienced" or "Andre wouldn't do that!").

By the time day three came up, I was willing to take one more villager lynch as a sign that Andre was being protected, and would have gone after him on Day Four.
So, by that time you would have had an impressive body count: 3 lynches (one of them a mason) and 3 nightkills. 6 dead people and extremly little information from the first day bandwagons (as Andre would still be alive and therefore an unkown entity). You willingness to sacrifice other people for gaining information you could have had on day 2 is a rather poor choice for a player with your reputation.

You're really counting the random points I collected as useful material for hunting down other wolves? I find that to be a very spotty track record, especially as almost everyone garners random first day points. Simply as a by-product of my being more vocal in this game and in Bounty Hunters (you're welcome, Fiery Tower) have I even ended up with points this time.

Yes I do. Let's take a closer look:
Day 1 - Yimmythesneak points at you while both bandwagons are in full swing (5:5)
Day 2 - Zar Peter points at you in the middle of the day as a random point
Day 3 - Dr. Bath points at you - everybody else chooses a bandwagon to follow

The fact that I'm willing to draw more attention to myself this early in the game unbidden should speak to my innocence in some way.

Wait, what? You can't be serious. If that would be true, why are you even pointing at me? It's not like me being quiet here, ist it?

And as far as the Andre wagon saving your behind, check out Bounty Hunters. They had a day where both FC and Billtodamax were wolves, but FC had already been indicated and was under heavy suspicion. They chose to push his wagon and get him lynched first. In theory, Bill should have gotten a day or two of cover from this, but the town pushed on for his lynch anyway. I guess they're more astute over there or something. In any case, I don't think the situation I outlined is as outrageous as you make it out to be.

Now you are telling us that the players in this game are less astute than elsewhere? Nice.

As I understand Bounty Hunters works completly different, as the wolves cannot win as a team there, the wolves profit from overly large bandwagons AND they might have been both bandwagoned, but neither started it. I think the point you were trying to make got lost somewhere in this heap of apples and oranges you were comparing.

As for the wolves planning to sacrifice Andre on day one, that's not exactly how that scenario worked out. He took a stand against FC claiming as well, and suddenly it turned into a rundown against both he and FC, because they took the forefront in leading the crowd. He was only in that position because he was put there/put himself there. That you should characterize it as a play to sacrifice a wolf is very interesting.

On day 2 the first two votes were me pointing at Andre and Andre pointing at me - so if i were a wolf, we would have had a case of two wolves trying to start to lynch each other! And the late bandwagon you want to use as evidence against me consisted of 6(!) players where a maximum of two wolves could have been involved! You just don't make any sense with your argument here, I'm sorry. No, actually I'm not sorry.

Actually, it looks that your entire argument for lynching me is based off of the logic of "Mustiado believed that Andre was someone the wolves were trying to frame, instead of him actually being a wolf." Not much more solid than my idea, IMO.

No, that's not right. It's more like "Mustiado has not done a single unsuspicious thing AND if he is a wolf we have some good clues who else is a wolf."

Maybe there's still some merit to my point against you. But I have to survive today, so Whitehelm it stays, and The Fiery Tower tomorrow, or until he's lynched.

No, there's not. You should be going down tomorrow. And hard too, wolf.

YimmytheSneak
2009-10-28, 11:44 AM
Fine, let's take a look.
Day 1 - Yimmythesneak points at you while both bandwagons are in full swing (5:5)

Reasoning for my point on DAY 1 (because all points need reasoning), I'm new to WW, this is only my second game, and I already hate to see people go down on day 1. I wasn't going to contribute to bandwagons with no foundation, you could look at my votes in either game and see that. If you're gonna hunt me down for a day 1 post, that seems a little over zealous. If you're trying this hard to think up a reason to kill everyone, you're not a law abiding villager. Just my thoughts.

Mustiado
2009-10-28, 12:56 PM
Fine, let's take a look.

I don't need to teach FC anything, so speak for yourself.

Bad luck that it's just in a game were the alternative bandwagon is aimed at a wolf, that you decide to teach FC a lesson, eh?

And Opeth_Freak was a viable bandwagon because? Oh, I know - he pointed at Andre the day before tipping the scales (4:3). He could of course have been a mason too, trying to save FC from the lynch. A viable target indeed - for a wolf. And why was Rakkoon not a viable target in your eyes?

I can only guess you are talking about FC here. I too have been quite astonished to see FC night killed, I give you that. I can only guess it has been either an "emotional" kill or a divisionary tactic ("the wolves must be unexperienced" or "Andre wouldn't do that!").

So, by that time you would have had an impressive body count: 3 lynches (one of them a mason) and 3 nightkills. 6 dead people and extremly little information from the first day bandwagons (as Andre would still be alive and therefore an unkown entity). You willingness to sacrifice other people for gaining information you could have had on day 2 is a rather poor choice for a player with your reputation.

Yes I do. Let's take a closer look:
Day 2 - Zar Peter points at you in the middle of the day as a random point
Day 3 - Dr. Bath points at you - everybody else chooses a bandwagon to follow

Wait, what? You can't be serious. If that would be true, why are you even pointing at me? It's not like me being quiet here, ist it?

Now you are telling us that the players in this game are less astute than elsewhere? Nice.

As I understand Bounty Hunters works completly different, as the wolves cannot win as a team there, the wolves profit from overly large bandwagons AND they might have been both bandwagoned, but neither started it. I think the point you were trying to make got lost somewhere in this heap of apples and oranges you were comparing.

On day 2 the first two votes were me pointing at Andre and Andre pointing at me - so if i were a wolf, we would have had a case of two wolves trying to start to lynch each other! And the late bandwagon you want to use as evidence against me consisted of 6(!) players where a maximum of two wolves could have been involved! You just don't make any sense with your argument here, I'm sorry. No, actually I'm not sorry.

No, that's not right. It's more like "Mustiado has not done a single unsuspicious thing AND if he is a wolf we have some good clues who else is a wolf."

No, there's not. You should be going down tomorrow. And hard too, wolf.

Wow. You're working REALLY hard to twist this out of proportion, aren't you?

First, I AM speaking for myself. My decision to lynch FC for his antics was MINE, not anyone else's. Did it end up being poorly timed based on what happened afterwards? Maybe. But it was still my decision. Back off.

Opeth Freak seemed like a viable wagon because it came out late and I didn't like either of the options presented to me at the time. I felt like Rakkoon was innocent as well as Andre. Of course, that must mean that Rakkoon is the devil, and you'll be after him next.

Thirdly, I wasn't talking about FC there. I was talking about ANDRE. We didn't know he was a wolf at that point. If there's three people involved in a lynch day, one gets lynched, one gets night killed, and the person surviving is the most suspicious and contentious person involved, WHY WOULDN'T I EXPECT THE TOWN TO KILL THEM?

Your math on the body count is wrong, because I have no control over the night kills. The lynch is all we have to gain information, and we don't gain information solely through their role once they're dead. Voting records are pretty useful too, if I recall. A pretty gross misinterpretation of the facts there, for a player with YOUR reputation. :smallmad:

Your 'Random points' tin hat theory explained:
Yimmythesneak is my brother and new to WW. I pointed at him in Bounty Hunters, he pointed at me here.
Zar Peter had been stick in Dwarf Fortress. I pointed at him in Fears, he pointed at me here, both around the same time.
Dr. Bath and I are both in Team Fortress WW. I pointed at him twice because he was being quiet, along with sending him a PM to remind him about his games. He pointed at me here.
Can we stop pretending that random points are anything but random points now?

Again, it only seems suspicious TO YOU. I don't see other people climbing on your particular train of logic, especially the further it plays out. And again, your information that you claim you are going to gain occurs with my DEATH. There are other ways to get your info, for example the fact that the Whitehelm wagon sprang up so quickly. If you're truly convinced I'm a wolf and have me dead in your sights, why not look at the people who 'saved' me, and see if one of them is suspicious to you?

No, I'm not insulting the players of this game. I'm marking a similar situation that JUST OCCURRED in another WW game. Those who fail to learn history are doomed to repeat it.

I like that final touch of naming me with a role that I don't have, just to make it clear to the mob who aren't paying attention. Very effective showman's tactics. Again, I reiterate that if you lynch me tomorrow, you're wasting a day.

Oh, and now that I've taken some points out of order, see Hyozo on why you and Andre may have pointed at each other. No better way to get out of suspicion than by starting a lynch on another wolf, no?

Kyouhen
2009-10-28, 12:59 PM
"Me talk to Clockroach, it say we have one stoh-mach so should be double drunk. Me like having one stoh-mach HA HA HA HA HAA. Need sleep now.... "

The Clockroach clicks merrily as it starts stealing the sleeping Biclops' beer.

Mordokai
2009-10-28, 05:43 PM
Night 4 ends.

The little gnome is taking his midnight jogging to his observatory, where he will start up his little telescope and watch his little stars. Unfortunately, the stars seem to be right this night... not for summoning of Cthulhu, but for a band of adventurers, who are up to their usual no good tricks.

"Well, what do you know? Seems like we have found a good way to stretch our legs a little here!"
"What do you have in mind?"
"We're one ball short and we find ourselves a gnome. Coincidence? I don't think so!"
"You may be on to something here... shall we?"

The little guy squealls and tries to run away, but his short leg are no match for the long legs of adventurers.

In the morning, the rest of the villagers find the gnome's little body, bruised and battered. Seems like somebody had their way with him. Next to the body is a parchment, with following words inscribed on it:

New sport discipline: gnome punting! Hell of a fun!

Summary: Zar Peter was killed by the wolves, he was a mason. Day 5 starts now and ends in 48 hours.

People that need to vote today or be autolnyched:

smuchmuch - for real this time
Dr. Bath

YimmytheSneak
2009-10-28, 07:09 PM
To point out, Zar Peter was on Yspoch's list. I'm gonna leave that here for a bit.

TFT
2009-10-28, 11:58 PM
I assume I'm allowed to do this...

This was sent to me on Night 3.

I picked you three out of those who voted against Andre because I feel you are the most unlikely to be wolves hiding in the bandwagon. It is even more unlikely for all of you to be wolves which is why I picked three people.

After Day 2 Andre told me over MSN Messenger that he believed Zar Peter to be a mason. His reason was that he had asked Zar to point at FC during Day 1 but was told by Zar that he couldn't. Following this I PMd Zar myself and he implied that he was indeed a mason.

Since Andre was revealed to be a wolf, there is a good chance Zar is also, but I don't want to say this in public because I don't expect people to believe me yet. If he really is a mason and no one tries to lynch him, the wolves should kill him during the next couple nights. If that doesn't happen, then he should probably be lynched. You are welcome to get me killed first if you think I'm a wolf and this is an elaborate lie, I'm a villager, not a mason.

The biggest lesson I learned from this: villagers can make mistakes too, and I will freely admit that I have made some mistakes this game.

Yspoch
2009-10-29, 01:53 AM
To point out, Zar Peter was on Yspoch's list. I'm gonna leave that here for a bit.

Yeah, that's a sure sign that I would go ahead and nightkill him...

But what's your reason for getting the heebie jeebies, just because I pointed out your odd random point on day 1? Mustiado would have to be a wolf first, for even considering this as evidence against you, so why are you so anxious?

And your provided reason not liking to kill someone diminishes very fast, as on day 2 you contributed to the Opeth_Freak kill.

I might regret it, but I still have no better target than Mustiado.

I might switch, if someone can provide a better target. And no, I won't count a "hunch" as a valid reason.

-----------------

The left head seems to be suffering from a terrible headache... but it doesn't mind to much, at least this is one of the very few things he hasn't to share.

YimmytheSneak
2009-10-29, 09:47 AM
I'm not saying he was on your list and so you night killed him. I'm saying he was on your list, discrediting your list because I think you're trying too hard. I am also discrediting your suggested point at me for the same reason, because you're trying to make a list of people to kill, and I'm not trying to be on the list. That seems like a simple plan in a game of survival.

Deathslayer7
2009-10-29, 09:54 AM
I think I'll go with Yimmythesneak

Mustiado
2009-10-29, 12:26 PM
I'm curious as to why Dr. Bath is so quiet after going after my blood a few days ago.

Dr. Bath
2009-10-29, 02:14 PM
I was basically stupid busy what with having to deal with a lost wallet and police and etc. I've been pretty quiet in almost every game to be honest, I apologise.

I think it's strange you've changed your tune about me from 'random point' to 'baying for blood' it just strikes me as you trying to save your hide with a flimsy (better than a hunch mind) reason. I see my name has been bandied around a fair bit in thread as someone to watch and I'm sorry I haven't provided more material, but I have had little time, and I did have reasons for my points. First off, I didn't chose to lynch Andre on the first day because it was basically a meaningless wagon and given the choice of lynching someone who only plays rarely and someone who is most games I chose the one who has other games to fall back on. I didn't see FC's psuedo-role-claim and if I had, I probably wouldn't have beleived it, given how often he trys to pull the 'I'm a mason' card.

Secondly, I pointed at Mustiado because if you're suspicious of someone you lynch them. Unless you can gain information from them, which you won't get if you keep saying that that's what you're doing. The trying to lead the village into lynching innocents just to prove one wolf stinks of making up losses on a wolf that is surely lost.

I'm going to point again at Mustiado. There are 'acceptable losses' when finding a wolf, and there's unnecessary bloodshed.

YimmytheSneak
2009-10-29, 04:20 PM
Rakkoon for my early vote, but I'll probably change. There doesn't seem to be good evidence against anyone.

Mustiado
2009-10-29, 04:50 PM
I was basically stupid busy what with having to deal with a lost wallet and police and etc. I've been pretty quiet in almost every game to be honest, I apologise.

I think it's strange you've changed your tune about me from 'random point' to 'baying for blood' it just strikes me as you trying to save your hide with a flimsy (better than a hunch mind) reason. I see my name has been bandied around a fair bit in thread as someone to watch and I'm sorry I haven't provided more material, but I have had little time, and I did have reasons for my points. First off, I didn't chose to lynch Andre on the first day because it was basically a meaningless wagon and given the choice of lynching someone who only plays rarely and someone who is most games I chose the one who has other games to fall back on. I didn't see FC's psuedo-role-claim and if I had, I probably wouldn't have beleived it, given how often he trys to pull the 'I'm a mason' card.

Secondly, I pointed at Mustiado because if you're suspicious of someone you lynch them. Unless you can gain information from them, which you won't get if you keep saying that that's what you're doing. The trying to lead the village into lynching innocents just to prove one wolf stinks of making up losses on a wolf that is surely lost.

I'm going to point again at Mustiado. There are 'acceptable losses' when finding a wolf, and there's unnecessary bloodshed.

Then I'll withdraw my point. I'm stuck at the moment, because I have no idea to point at, and I know IT'S NOT ME. You guys know that I'm fairly honest in these games. It's not in my nature to outright lie and say that I'm not a wolf when I am. You're looking at the wrong person, and the wolves are laughing at us while being incredibly quiet. It's someone who's managed to stay out of the way.

The Bookworm, then. Maybe he'll be able to provide adequate reason as to why he hasn't been participating.

Also, baying after my blood was more poetic license than actual accusation. I tend to be verbose.

The Bookworm
2009-10-29, 04:54 PM
I participate, Mustiado, but I also like to let the day go by before I vote.

Mustiado
2009-10-29, 05:04 PM
I honestly think we may have a wolf up for auto lynch.

As far as going back to find potential suspects, I find it interesting that The Bookworm and Thufir have been basically participating in their own little game. Points at each other on Day one, jumping on the Andre bandwagon when it looked like he might have been going down (alibi for day one pointing?)

The only time they've deviated from each other's vote was on the day when I was due for lynch with Whitehelm, when Bookworm went to me, and Thufir to Whitehelm, both of us villagers.

In any case, it appears that I've accumulated enough revenge votes to be wagoned at this point, and some of the village is too stubborn/bullheaded to change a vote or see reason.

Yspoch - Enjoy being ridiculously, epically wrong.

The Bookworm - I think you're next. You're not as innocent as you look on further review.

The Wolves - Have fun continuing to laugh at us. Apparently we're all so one track minded we're not even going to bother looking for you.

That is all.

EDIT: Final warning. After today's failed lynch and the night kill, you're two days from defeat (assuming four masons and wolves, which seems right for this game.) Try harder, please?

Yspoch
2009-10-29, 06:55 PM
Hrgh. I know it's a bad idea. I just know it. Hmpf. :smallsigh:

Yimmythesneak then. Because he panics so easily.

And for the record: I never enjoy being wrong.

@Mustiado: Yes, it's 4 Masons and 4 Wolves. It says so right on page one. :smallwink:
Together with the rule which prohibits role claiming. For whatever reason.

YimmytheSneak
2009-10-29, 07:05 PM
WELL THEN! YSPOCH counterpoint because I think he's out to kill EVERYONE! Aka a furry thing with 4 legs and big teeth that doesn't claim roles. And also you should quit calling people wolves in your posts if you're gonna say stuff like that. So there.

TFT
2009-10-29, 08:13 PM
I honestly have to agree with Mustiado: The wolves are probably being very quiet. His points make sense, so lets see where The Bookworm leads us.

Thufir
2009-10-29, 08:45 PM
As far as going back to find potential suspects, I find it interesting that The Bookworm and Thufir have been basically participating in their own little game. Points at each other on Day one, jumping on the Andre bandwagon when it looked like he might have been going down (alibi for day one pointing?)

The only time they've deviated from each other's vote was on the day when I was due for lynch with Whitehelm, when Bookworm went to me, and Thufir to Whitehelm, both of us villagers.

We have? Neat? Although as I recall, I pointed at happyturtle on day 1.

EDIT: Final warning. After today's failed lynch and the night kill, you're two days from defeat (assuming four masons and wolves, which seems right for this game.) Try harder, please?

You know, this quote seems a bit inconsistent with your willingness to leave Andre that extra day before lynching him, Mustiado.

YimmytheSneak
2009-10-29, 09:28 PM
Petty differences aside, The Bookworm to possibly achieve results.

Zar Peter
2009-10-30, 01:25 AM
Together with the rule which prohibits role claiming. For whatever reason.

The reason is to prevent that smart player brake the game. The narrator doesn't know HOW they could brake it but there are always ways to do so. So roleclaiming is forbidden in the most WW games nowadays.

rakkoon
2009-10-30, 02:36 AM
I'm gonna stay with Mustiado, The Bookworm seems okay for tomorrow.

smuchmuch
2009-10-30, 04:26 AM
Mustadio I'd say.

Yspoch
2009-10-30, 06:22 AM
For those who want to target a "laying low" player, The Bookworm shouldn't be your first choice really.

Here you are, for your convinience, a "I-know-what-you-did-during-the-last-4-days"-player-table!

{table]Player| Day 1| Day 2| Day 3| Day 4
Deathslayer7| balancing* vote for Andre| lone Whitehelm vote| no vote| deciding** (and killing) vote for Whitehelm (saves Mustiado)
Dr. Bath| vote for FC| no vote| lone Mustiado vote| no vote
Hyozo| very late balancing** vote for Andre (against Happyturtle!)| starts** Rakkoon bandwagon| no vote| starts Whitehelm bandwagon
Kyouhen| deciding vote for FC| lone vote for Murska| mid-wagon vote for Andre| mid-wagon vote for Whitehelm
Mustiado| vote for FC| balancing vote for Opeth Freak| mid-wagon vote for Yspoch| balancing vote for Whitehelm (self defense)
Rakkoon| deciding vote for Andre, then vote for Happyturtle| deciding (and killing) vote for Opeth Freak (self defense)| balancing vote for Andre| mid-wagon vote for Mustiado
Smuchmuch| vote for Happyturtle| mid-wagon vote for Rakkoon| no vote| no vote
The Bookworm| balancing vote for Andre| mid-wagon vote for Rakkoon| deciding (and killing) vote for Andre| vote for Mustiado
The Fiery Tower| starts FC bandwagon| vote for Rakkoon| vote for Andre| starts Mustiado bandwagon
Thufir| starts Happyturtle bandwagon :smallwink:| vote for Opeth Freak| vote for Andre| balancing vote for Whitehelm
YimmytheSneak| lone vote for Mustiado| vote for Opeth Freak| no vote| vote for Whitehelm
Yspoch| balancing vote for Andre| starts Andre bandwagon| starts Andre bandwagon| deciding vote for Mustiado
[/table]

* "balancing vote" describes a vote which evens out two major (>2 votes) bandwagons

** "deciding vote" grants majority to a bandwagon which previously had none. If "(and killing)" is added, the player has been lynched as a result.

*** "starts [player] bandwagon" means voting first for a player who finds themself on a bandwagon later. Intention of creating the bandwagon is not implied.

Edit: Thanks for the explanation, Zar Peter!

Deathslayer7
2009-10-30, 11:02 AM
your welcome Mustiado :smallwink: Apperently I saved you :smalltongue:

Mustiado
2009-10-30, 12:29 PM
your welcome Mustiado :smallwink: Apperently I saved you :smalltongue:

Well get to work. You should at least be able to convince them today that what they're doing is stupid. :smalltongue:

Also, our potential wolf is off of autolynch alert. Just pointing that out.

EDIT: I like that after I claim that I'm done fighting my lynch, here I am still trying to not get lynched. Ha.

Mordokai
2009-10-30, 06:47 PM
Day 5 ends.

Little catmuffin has been walking over the village. Out of nowhere, there came a terrible monster and eat it. Not alltogether surprising, seeing we're in a village that is basically a sanctuary for terrible monsters, but there you have it.

And so, this is the end for the poor little catmuffin.

Summary: Mustiado was lynched, he was a villager. Night 5 starts now and ends in about 24 hours. Send me the night kill in that time.

Mustiado
2009-10-30, 07:35 PM
Told you.

Told you told you told you told you told you told you told you.

At least now that I'm gone you guys can do some other analysis.

rakkoon
2009-10-31, 01:49 AM
*sigh*
*double sigh*
*triple sigh*

Mordokai
2009-10-31, 04:57 PM
Night 5 ends.

The scene of the latest crime: time square. Time: somewhere past the midnight. The victim: the resident drow, named Hyozo.

"What is known?"
"Victim suffered from what appears to me massive hemmoraging. There are also burn marks of first, second and on few places even third degree."

Closing in, everybody sees that it's true. There are burn marks and teeth signs all over the body of the victim. It's quite gruesome sight actually.

"What could have caused that?"
"It is my professional opinion that it was caused by a lenghty exposure to spells. This here looks like a Fireball and this one could be a summoning spell... something big and with a lot of teeth, it would appear."
"Don't drow have innate spell resistance?"
"It will only save your ass so many times before something gets over it."

The drow's body is unceremonialy thrown to the spiders.

Summary: Hyozo was killed by wolves, he was a villager. Day 6 stars now and ends in 48 hours.

TFT
2009-10-31, 05:34 PM
YimmytheSneak

+ Has not voted against a wolf.
+ New, so wouldn't want to risk accidentally voting off a wolf
+ Very defensive, with no suspicion on him
+ Yspoch, who I trust(for now) finds him suspicious.

- No other real reason for suspicion

Only person who I can think of as suspicious right now. If he's a villager, Yspoch might be next.

Yspoch
2009-10-31, 05:50 PM
You shouldn't trust me - my analysis is evidently not as strong as I thought it it is. Sorry Mustiado for calling you a wolf. :smallsigh:

And I'm glad I did not write who I would vote for next in the night phase, as that person was nightkilled and (obviously) a villager again. To be honest, I'm rather clueless now, as my whole list of suspects hinged on Mustiado being a wolf (Till yesterday, I have been SO sure!).

I'm hoping for the best and will go for smuchmuch.

YimmytheSneak
2009-10-31, 06:24 PM
I'm feeling Rakkoon because he seems to vote with a group. Also, we tried bandwagoning him once and he snuck out thanks to Opeth (sorry).

Also, I wouldn't bandwagon me. We need all the people we can trust before we get overrun.

The Bookworm
2009-11-01, 06:18 PM
And we can trust you, YimmyTheSneak?

YimmytheSneak
2009-11-01, 06:37 PM
That is hilarious. Can you trust me? No I guess not. I just figured we were done making mistakes. Lynch me, TheBookworm and rakkoon will be that much closer to winning.

smuchmuch
2009-11-01, 07:06 PM
Calling wolves everyone who is voting against you, won't get you anywhere and will just hurt your credibility, YimmytheSneak.

YimmytheSneak
2009-11-01, 08:25 PM
Wow, okay, gg. I'm not a wolf, but if the narrator has to tell you, that's fine. I seriously do suggest Rakkoon and TheBookworm. They vote together, I think, and I guess that could make them masons, but I can't tell. I'm really surprised I'm getting bandwagoned though. Oh well.

Thufir
2009-11-01, 08:42 PM
smuchmuch.

YimmytheSneak
2009-11-01, 09:13 PM
smuchmuch as well then.

rakkoon
2009-11-02, 04:47 AM
I'm usually voting with Ysproch, Bookworm too ? Yay, everybody loves a biclops !
I've never claimed Mason btw, just one head of a two headed creature.
smuchmuch is okay for me

"Okay, head better now. Where pretty two headed female ogre go to? "

smuchmuch
2009-11-02, 05:59 AM
I can understand that Yimmithesneak is voting against me as self defense but is there a good reason for the others ? I gotta say I'm feeling a little bandwagoned here.

edit: Thank you, rakkoon

Yspoch
2009-11-02, 06:46 AM
I can understand that Yimmithesneak is voting against me as self defense but is there a good reason for the others ? I gotta say I'm feeling a little bandwagoned here.

I can only tell you my reason - pitiful weak as it is:
You have been keeping a very low profile - intentional or not.

Day 1: Last vote against Happyturtle - no information there
Day 2: 3rd vote against Rakkoon - no information there
Day 3: No vote
Day 4: No vote
Day 5: Deciding vote against Mustiado

I won't hold your Day 5 vote against you as I thought Mustiado is guilty of being a wolf too.

Yspoch

Deathslayer7
2009-11-02, 11:08 AM
yeah i can go with that, better then the other reasoning for the Yimmy wagon. smuchmuch

smuchmuch
2009-11-02, 11:33 AM
Day 2: 3rd vote against Rakkoon - no information there
Day 3: No vote
Day 4: No vote

This isn't keeping a low profile, this is being away for three days in a place without internet and not being able to post an away message in all the WW threads I'm in.

Mind you, I probably would have missed the vote on day 3 for personnal resons, so Yspoch's argument is still valid but the no vote on day 4 is definitively due to reasons out of my control.

Else, I would have been auto'e for not voting two days in a row.

smuchmuch gets a free one day pass, because I noticed he filled away notice in the other thread.

By the way thank you Mordokai and sorry not to have filled an away message in this thread.

Kyouhen
2009-11-02, 11:37 AM
Eh, I'll spare Smuchmuch today and go for YimmytheSneak.

Yspoch
2009-11-02, 12:24 PM
@smuchmuch: I know, that's why i wrote "intentional or not". It's not a "evil" thing to do either - but in a game so small as this one, what else should we do?

But there is another thing I don't like. We now have two bandwagons and 9 votes out of ten, both wagons went somewhat "smooth", for lack of better words.

I'd like to switch to Thufir.

Day 1: Happyturtle vote as the first vote on that day.
Day 2: Opeth_freak vote following Andre, without giving any indication as to why.
Day 3: Late Vote for Andre - he already was on his way out. (Yeah, Wolfbane (mason) did that too, so that's of course no solid evidence there either)
Day 4: Vote for Whitehelm (Villager vs. Villager bandwagons)
Day 5: Vote for Mustiado (Again, no real evidence here again)
Day 6: (Today) Vote for smuchmuch (Yep, nothing to see here...)

So... consider my vote change based on Thufirs Day 2 vote and... a hunch. :smallannoyed:

Oh, yeah - the two current wagons are tied with 4 votes each now.

Dr. Bath
2009-11-02, 02:33 PM
I'm not sure why everyone is following this smuchmuch bandwagon so blindly... the votes all came before the reasoning. We know that the wagon is not all wolves (as there are four people in it and we should have a maximum of three wolves left in a game this size) but it feels like there may be a large section of the wagon that are, even if Smuchmuch is a wolf. In fact, especially if Smuchmuch is a wolf. As it nears end game, wolves need to look like they killed another wolf so as to throw off suspicion and have a strong base for accusing villagers. I don't know the whole thing just smells really fishy to me. (the annoying whole in this plan is that only mustiado

I think Smuchmuch might be a wolf though. Mustiado did seem to be hinting that way yesterday (he could have meant me, but then I don't think he would have dropped his point so readily).

Smuchmuch

YimmytheSneak
2009-11-02, 06:30 PM
I like how you didn't mention the people that jumped on my bandwagon of "He might be suspicious" could be wolves...

Just kidding. I'm dumb.

Mordokai
2009-11-02, 07:27 PM
Day 6 ends.

"How many adventurers does it take to screw a lightbulb?"
"I don't know. How many?"
"None. They are too busy screwing us!"
"Ahaha! That's funny!"
"Actually, it isn't. It's pretty horrible. They are killing us, after all."
"Right, rigth... nasty adventurers!"
"You're acting a little shifty. Are you hiding something?"
"Me? Never! I'm totally not a polymorphed adventures, plotting your demise!"
"..."
"Wait, did I say that out loud?"

The monster made sure the(now late) adventurer would never again make the same mistake.

Summary: smuchmuch was lynched, he was an adventurer(wolf). Night 6 starts now and ends in about 24 hours.

Joke shamelesly stolen from happyturtle. Appologize for late update, I was on a long DnD session.

Mordokai
2009-11-03, 05:23 PM
Night 6 ends.

"What's the current rate on ectoplasm?"
"What does it matter?"
"I'm short on my material componets and the market seems to be pretty hot for that stuff at the moment."
"So how much could we get out of it?"
"A few ounces amount to 1000 gold pieces."
"Damn. that is a good deal. So, where do we get this ectoplasm?"
"Usually from ghosts. Seen any around?"
"Nuh-uh."

As luck would have it, a ghost decides to drift out of nearby building at that very moment. The remaining two adventurers looks at each other and smile.

In the morning... well, nothing changes. Who would really be missing a ghost, of all the things. But in the dark corners, two greedy adventurers are already counting their coins.

Summary: YimmyTheSneak was killed by wolves, he was a villager. Day 7 starts now and ends in 48 hours.

rakkoon
2009-11-04, 03:17 AM
Hmm, The Fiery Tower seems quite suspect... not switching to Smushmush (:smallyuk:) and trying to lynch an innocent.
Then again if he is innocent, I have the same problem.
Willing to change if someone can persuade good 'ol gullible me

"Left head, you sure was two headed OGRE?"

Yspoch
2009-11-04, 10:01 AM
When nobody else wants to follow up - I again offer Thufir als alternative target.

"Huh? Evarbody asleep, left head?"

Mordokai
2009-11-04, 05:35 PM
About 24 hours left on the clock and six votes missing.

The day will end once those 24 hours have passed, no matter how many votes are in. So, if you want to participate, vote before the time is over. You might not get the second chance.

Thufir
2009-11-04, 05:54 PM
I honestly have no idea. Mustiado suspected The Fiery Tower, and he was right about smuchmuch, so...

The Bookworm
2009-11-04, 05:54 PM
Alright. The confused creature (half-most things?) points at that tower that's on fire. (The Fiery Tower)

Kyouhen
2009-11-04, 07:05 PM
The clockroach agrees that a Fiery Tower is far from clean, and should be dealt with immediately before it spreads ash and soot all over the place. :smallyuk:

Deathslayer7
2009-11-04, 07:11 PM
rakkoon then even though it won't make a difference.

rakkoon
2009-11-05, 09:48 AM
Away notice:
Dumped the kids at my parents and off to a romantic weekend in Paris (with my own wife no less)
Will be back on monday

Mordokai
2009-11-05, 09:55 AM
That's what you would have us believe, right? :smalltongue:

Kidding! :smallbiggrin: It's been duly noted and... have fun :smallwink:

Dr. Bath
2009-11-05, 10:03 AM
I'm not sure about the Fiery Tower... I'm much more suspicious of The Bookworm the way he follows on other people's points strikes me as a little odd.

TFT
2009-11-05, 03:46 PM
Well, I'm more likely than not gone.

I didn't switch bandwagons 'cause I didn't get the chance. I can only get on once or twice a day, and the day was over by the time I got back on, so you really can't go based on whether or not I switched.

I guess I'll just point at... The Bookworm? I don't know, I've been confused since day 4.

Mordokai
2009-11-05, 05:23 PM
Day 7 ends.

A tower stands in the village. It has been the village pride for days... ever since they managed to put it up, from straw, mud and some dried grass.

Unfortunately, some punks decided it would be a good idea to set fire to it. The aforementioned materials don't mix well with fire... as does not the body of the caretaker of the tower.

Summary: The Fiery Tower was lynched, he was a villager. Night 7 starts now and ends in about 25 hours.

Mordokai
2009-11-06, 05:11 PM
Night 7 ends.

Two heads, but the mental capacity of only one. Two hands, each wielding the club with a strengh of a two men. And both sleeping in the same bed.

"Wake up right head, you'se snorring!"

The right head just snores louder. It would turn away, but that's kinda hard, being stuck to the same neck. So instead, the left head just takes a pillow and puts it over the ears, to drown out the noise. And really, it works... for some time. But before long, the noise of voice comes over the pillow.

"Ok, that be enough!"

The left head takes the club and smashes the right head. Only comes morning, it realises the swing was probably a little too powerful, as there seems to be no waking up the right head.

Summary: Yspoch has been killed by wolves, he was a villager. Day 8 starts now and ends in 48 hours.

Once again, the narration is purely flavor. Don't read too much into it.

Yspoch
2009-11-07, 04:16 AM
"Chrrrrrrrr... Chrrrrrrr.... CHRRRRRRRrrrr... OW! ... Mommy?", the eye of the left head closes forever.

_________

Go team weird monsters! You can do it!

Deathslayer7
2009-11-07, 03:45 PM
ok. fine. The Bookworm then.

The Bookworm
2009-11-08, 01:09 PM
Deathslayer7 then.