PDA

View Full Version : Becoming a Construct [D&D 3.5]

Lappy9000
2009-10-11, 07:57 PM
Hey there, does anyone know of ways that a Humanoid type can become more like a Construct type? Turning into one, partially or otherwise, I mean.

Classes, Prestige Classes, Templates, Feats, Spells, etc. are all welcomed.

deuxhero
2009-10-11, 08:00 PM
Many things with "warforged" in the name, either starting as a race, or taking that PRC that turns you into one.

Half Golem can turn you into a contruct, but that is generally a bad idea.

Cedrass
2009-10-11, 08:00 PM
The Half-Golem template in the MM2 transforms you when you fail a Will save (which you can willingly fail).

There's also Warforged, even if they are Living Constructs.

Edit: Ninja'd.

The Glyphstone
2009-10-11, 08:06 PM
BOOM

Green Star Adept PrC, should you be willing to accept it. Should you be discovered, optimizers will disavow all knowledge of your existence. This post will now self-destruct.

Lappy9000
2009-10-11, 08:09 PM
Well, warforged are constructs already. I'm looking to turn a true-born humanoid into a construct.

Thanks for the Greenstar Adept, I'll check it out.

deuxhero
2009-10-11, 08:12 PM
Don't. He isn't kidding (except about the self destruct part, and he can still delete the post if he wants...), the class is considered horrible (not optimizer horrible, but horrible horrible.).

There is a 3 level (I think it was 3 levels, very likely wrong) that turns you into a warforged IIRC. It isn't good either, but it is only 3 levels of the nightmare compared to the GSAs 10.

tyckspoon
2009-10-11, 08:15 PM
Renegade Mastermaker gives you Living Construct traits without sucking as bad as Green Star Adept. There's also some Construct grafts, which let you stick construct bits to yourself. The Fiend Folio (Maug) and some of the Eberron (Warforged) books should have them.

Iku Rex
2009-10-11, 08:18 PM
Green Star Adept is not that bad.

There are construct grafts in Faiths of Eberron. Fiend Folio has a few Maug [constructs] grafts.

The Renegade Mastermaker PrC from Magic of Eberron turns you into a living construct at level 10.

Thurbane
2009-10-11, 08:36 PM
Green Star Adept is not that bad.
Seconded. We all know casting progression is king in the char-op stakes, but GSA is no worse than any other 1/2 prog PrC. It's really designed with Gishes in mind rather than pure casters.

Aside from the mechanical, I think it's a pretty cool PrC from a fluff & flavor standpoint.

Lappy9000
2009-10-11, 09:04 PM
Greenstar Adept really doesn't look that bad. Also, Renegade Mastermaker looks pretty nice. Thanks guys!