PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Spontaneous casing Ranger?

Rixx
2009-10-11, 08:54 PM
I play a Ranger in one of my campaigns - and I hate preparing spells. I hate it! Even though I only get a few per day, even doing that much drives me up the wall.

Is there any variant out there that would let me cast my Ranger spells spontaneously, like a Sorcerer? I know that Ranger casting is kind of a tacked-on sort of extra and not really much of a class feature, so taking time to prepare spells always felt kind of silly.

deuxhero
2009-10-11, 08:56 PM
UA (in the SRD under alternete rules) has rules for spontaneous divine casters, but it is clearly intended for full casters.

I recomend Mystic Ranger (dragon) (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19872054/Alternative_Class_Features_III?post_id=338428258#3 38428258) and grabing the bards spells known limit (your spells/day progression is a level behind bard IIRC, but still a starting point).

Myshlaevsky
2009-10-11, 08:57 PM
I play a Ranger in one of my campaigns - and I hate preparing spells. I hate it! Even though I only get a few per day, even doing that much drives me up the wall.

Is there any variant out there that would let me cast my Ranger spells spontaneously, like a Sorcerer? I know that Ranger casting is kind of a tacked-on sort of extra and not really much of a class feature, so taking time to prepare spells always felt kind of silly.

There's a noncasting variant if that'd be preferable.

root9125
2009-10-11, 09:03 PM

To clarify, the noncasting variant makes you *better* at the things a Ranger should do, instead of just removing casting entirely.

Dixieboy
2009-10-11, 09:08 PM
I don't think allowing spontanious casting as a houserule would break the game anyway.

Thurbane
2009-10-11, 09:45 PM
From memory, there's two - Complete Warrior and Complete Champion...