PDA

View Full Version : World Espionage: The Quantum Identity

Freshmeat
2009-10-12, 08:22 AM
WORLD ESPIONAGE: The Quantum Identity

Spy Fiction meets Circle of Assassins, Ready Aim Fire, Werewolf, Ultimate Kaos and Paranoia!

http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/1899/bondbourne2.png

The date is October 15, 1994 and the world is on the brink of war. Due to the assassination of Mikhael Gorbachev in 1982, the Cold War between the USA and the USSR is still going strong, and a plethora of splinter factions and third-party agencies are taking advantage of the volatile situation created by the two world nations. In a war fought mostly through deception, espionage and violent scheming, all it's going to take is a single spark to unleash a wildfire of paranoia, built-up tensions and blatant opportunism.

In this game, the players assume the role of a secret agent pursuing shady goals, carrying out age-old vendettas or simply evading capture.
All players who sign up must PM me with the secret alias they want to use for this game, as well as the location where they would like to begin the game. When the game starts, I will send all players their roles and mission objectives.

Actions:
All players start with five resource points. These are used to perform certain actions. Players are allowed to pass these resource points to other players.
Killing someone earns you two resource points, regardless of how many resource points your target had when they died, unless your target was on your side (in which case you earn nothing).

Every night, all players send me a PM stating what action they would like to take that night and which must be chosen from this list:
Personal Scry*: scry a player to learn that person’s ROLE and LOCATION (e.g. “Freshmeat (Sam Therfe) scries Mordokai and learns that he’s a Rogue Agent who currently resides in Rome) [this costs one resource point]
Local Scry*: scry to find out which aliases are being used in the same CITY as you (e.g. “I learn that the following players are in Paris: Bob McBob, Patrick Swayze, Jimmy Joe, Kurt Von Klinkhofen and Sam Therfe (myself). [this costs one resource point]
Assassinate: send me the name and alias of the person you want to target. If both of them match and you’re in the same city as your target, you kill your target.**
Ambush: send me two aliases. If either (or both) of these people would successfully assassinate you this night, they will die instead. You will survive and the name/alias combination of the otherwise-successful assassination won't be broadcast (just your alias).
This action cannot be taken twice in a row.
Scrounge agency supplies: if you take this action you will gain three additional resource points.

*: Scry results are sent out at the end of the night phase.
**: You are allowed to target your own alias or name (to throw off the scent), but not both. For example, Freshmeat (Sam Therfe) can send the narrator a PM stating "Mordokai is Sam Therfe" or "Bob McBob is Freshmeat" but not "Sam Therfe is Freshmeat".

During the day, agents may choose to travel to another city if they so desire. This is done by sending me a PM and telling me your new destination. This costs two resource points.
You can only travel only once per day.

The locations are:
- Rome
- Paris
- London
- Berlin

Night phases last around 36 hours. Day phases last 24 hours. Send in actions in advance if you don't think you can make the deadline.

At the end of a night phase, the following is revealed:
- all assassinations attempts (as well as their results) but not where they took place***
- all ambushes (yet not who they targeted if they failed) but not where they took place
- the name, alias and role of whoever was killed during the night, as well as in what city they died [so successful assassinations or ambushes can still give your location away]
- if an asset was activated during the night

***: if such an assassination would be countered by an ambush, the ambusher survives and his name is not revealed.

At the end of a day phase, the following is revealed:
- the alias of whoever traveled to another city (but not where he came from nor what his destination was)
- if an asset was activated during the day

Players who don't me send me an action for two consecutive nights will be autolynched.

Roles:
These are possible roles. Not all of these are guaranteed to be in the game. There may be one or two secret roles around.

You are not allowed to share your role PM with anyone.

Secret Agent: These are your average secret agents just trying to help their faction win the game. These factions can range from MI6 to the CIA to the FBI to Treadstone to IMF, and so on and so forth. Depending on which agency these secret agents belong to, they may or may not know each other's identities at the start of the game (or only partially). Some secret agents have extra mission objectives in addition to those they share with their allies.
Rogue Agent: These agents no longer affiliate themselves with their previous agencies and pursue their own personal goals. For all means and purposes, they're on their own. Rogue agents can travel to another city for free. Rogue agents are good at finding assets and can't be fooled by infiltrators.
Infiltrators: (double agents) These are similar to secret agents save for the following ability: whenever someone uses a personal scry on an infiltrator, they always scry as someone friendly to the scrier’s faction. If an infiltrator is scried this way, he is automatically informed which faction scried him last night, but not by who. (e.g. Bob McBob the SPECTRE infiltrator was scried by an IMF agent last night: BobMcBob thus scries as an IMF secret agent to the IMF scrier and Bob McBob is informed that he was scried last night as an IMF secret agent.

Infiltrators scry as their real role when scried by rogue agents and rogue infiltrators. In this event, they are not informed they've been scried either.
Rogue Infiltrators: (triple agents) These are infiltrators who rarely work for anyone but themselves. Rogue infiltrators can travel to another city at the cost of one resource point, rather than two.
Assets: Some agencies (and sometimes even rogue agents) will have a set number of assets at their disposal. Assets can take no actions (but can't be assassinated either) and scry as civilians until they are activated by their faction. Whoever activates them must send me a PM stating they wish to do so (and how many they wish to activate). At the start of the game, factions and assets don't know each other's identity, but faction 'leaders' know where their asset(s) are located.

There is a delay of one phase between sending the order to activate an asset and them becoming activated (i.e. if you send me a PM at night stating you wish to activate an asset then they can begin taking actions starting from the dawn of the next day).
Assets are expert assassins and receive bonuses when tracking people down or killing them but are high on everyone's kill list and start the game with fewer resources.

The game ends the moment an agency completes their objective. Rogue agents may have already completed their objectives at that point, however. The exact details of their win conditions are known only to them.

Players:
1. Mordokai
2. Cristo Meyers
3. Banjo
4. Elder Tsofu
5. Murska
6. smuchmuch
7. gothicbob
8. Funky Goose
9. Dr. Bath
10. RedScholarGypsy
11. Trixie
12. Opeth Freak
13. Thufir
14. Fleeing Coward
15. The Bookworm

Replacements:
(autolynch replacements / sequel reservees)
1. Irbis
2. Aemoh
3. TehSheen
4. Mustiado
5. MasterofMockery (applied by PM)
6. Tired N' Drowzy

Mordokai
2009-10-13, 02:31 PM
Jumping in, headfirst.

Also bumping, since it looks like nobody spot this yet.

Cristo Meyers
2009-10-13, 02:37 PM
This sounds exceptionally intriguing. I'm in too.

banjo1985
2009-10-13, 02:38 PM
And so the third of the brothers jumps in to the thread. :smallbiggrin:

Cristo Meyers
2009-10-13, 02:39 PM
This is truly an ill omen...

Elder Tsofu
2009-10-13, 02:41 PM
Hm, intriguing - I'll sign up, it sounds too fun to pass.

Murska
2009-10-13, 02:44 PM
I'm joining aswell. Now to see if I can make any sense of those rules. :smalleek:

Mordokai
2009-10-13, 02:46 PM
This is truly an ill omen...

You know that plan of conquering the world?

This is how it starts...

smuchmuch
2009-10-13, 02:46 PM
so that's a mix between "circle of assassins ", "ready aim fire" and werewolf ? (actually yes it's in the title, i didn't saw it.)
I'd like to try this as well.

banjo1985
2009-10-13, 02:51 PM
You know that plan of conquering the world?

This is how it starts...

All we need now is for TwoBit to come out of exile and we'll have our world -ruling brotherhood complete. :smallbiggrin:

Robert Blackletter
2009-10-13, 02:57 PM
In with monkeys

Funky Goose
2009-10-13, 03:02 PM
Meh, ill give it a go, if i can figure out how.

:smallsmile: Cool!
:smallconfused: Huh?
:smallmad: WTF???
:smallfurious: SMASH!!!

Dr. Bath
2009-10-13, 03:04 PM
I'm playing. I've not read the rules yet, but I'm gonna play.

RedScholarGypsy
2009-10-13, 03:57 PM
I'll join up. Count me in.

Trixie
2009-10-13, 04:41 PM
In~! :smalltongue:

I want to be quintuple agent! :smalltongue:

Opeth_Freak
2009-10-13, 05:05 PM
In Please!

Thufir
2009-10-13, 05:14 PM
I feel like I'm getting into too many games but this looks so interesting...
(So, yeah, in)

Fleeing Coward
2009-10-13, 05:52 PM
Count me in

The Bookworm
2009-10-13, 06:02 PM
In! In! In! In!

Irbis
2009-10-13, 06:08 PM
In! :smallbiggrin:

Dr. Bath
2009-10-13, 06:21 PM
Too slow Irbis. Better luck next time?

Freshmeat
2009-10-13, 06:36 PM
Well, looks like we have 15 players. I'm still accepting autolynch replacements though. Anyone on that list who doesn't get around to playing in this game has a spot reserved for them should I ever run a sequel of this.

As of now, I've got the alias and location of four players.
Just to reiterate for those unfamiliar with the circle of assassins system: send me a PM with the alias you'd like to use in this game and what city you would like to start in. You can choose between Paris, London, Rome and Berlin.

Aemoh
2009-10-13, 07:23 PM
Sounds quite interesting. Sign me up as replacement :smallsmile:

TehSheen
2009-10-13, 07:53 PM
In, as replacement!

Mustiado
2009-10-13, 10:19 PM
Replacement/sequel please.

Freshmeat
2009-10-14, 05:57 PM
One more player needs to send me his alias and location, and we're all set to go.

happyturtle
2009-10-15, 12:16 AM
Ooh! Ooh! Can I be the Bond Girl?

http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq40/happyturtle-avs/mine/PromavvieforHappyTurtle-1.png

Freshmeat
2009-10-15, 03:56 AM
Ooh! Ooh! Can I be the Bond Girl?

http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq40/happyturtle-avs/mine/PromavvieforHappyTurtle-1.png

Sure. Would you prefer the broke-a-nail-and-trips-over-her-own-shoes-as-she-runs-away type or the one that kicks ass? Or perchance the tank top-wearing nuclear physicist? :smallamused:

These are the players (listed alphabetically):

Banjo1985
Cristo Meyers
Dr. Bath
Elder Tsofu
Fleeing Coward
Funky Goose
gothicbob
Mordokai
Murska
Opeth Freak
RedScholarGypsy
smuchmuch
Trixie
The Bookworm
Thufir

These are the aliases (listed alphabetically), but who are they, where are they located and whose side are they on? (dun dun duuun!)

Alias Smith
Colonel Frederick Sloan
Dr. House
Homer Simpson
Jason Webb
Jhon Stevens
Johann Winters
Gunnar Axelsson
Mr Floorboard
Nikolas Yianni
Pygmalion Turner
Roger D. Foxtrot
Space McGee
The Night Hawk
Wallace Link

Trixie, I was unable to send you your role PM since your PM box was full. I'll try again later today.

Freshmeat
2009-10-15, 03:57 AM
---

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/5425/secretagent2.png

In Europe, secret agents have been dropping off left and right. Some are believed to have defected to either the Russians or the Americans, or perhaps even another country entirely. Others die with a knife in their back or in otherwise highly mysterious circumstances. Reaction among the international intelligence agencies is mixed and lots of fingers are pointed at various individuals or even entire groups. It’s in this situation that the agents in Rome, Paris, London and Berlin find themselves. Over the past couple of days, they’ve all received their orders or have perhaps figured out by themselves how best to deal with the ever-looming threat of assassination by unknown assassins.

Meanwhile, on the Rock of Gibraltar, Sam Therfe has his own orders as well. As the thunderous sound of a cargo plane roars overhead, he readies his silenced pistol… (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqCJbq9Ma08)

---

004 fell to his death. He was a random plot device.
Freshmeat (Sam Therfe) blew up. He was a narrator.

Night 1 begins now. PM all actions to me.
Let ze backstabbing and scheming begin!

happyturtle
2009-10-15, 04:05 AM
The one who is as evil as she is sexy and continually betrays every man she sleeps with. :smallbiggrin:

Freshmeat
2009-10-15, 04:09 AM
In other words, the best kind. :smallsmile:

happyturtle
2009-10-15, 06:19 AM
Indeed.

*hops in bed with the super villain* :smallamused:

Mordokai
2009-10-15, 06:21 AM
The one who is as evil as she is sexy and continually betrays every man she sleeps with. :smallbiggrin:

How fitting...

Elder Tsofu
2009-10-15, 06:41 AM
*Readies the cane/blowpipe by checking the darts.*
Quite ingenious things, the darts, a mix between a syringe and a dart to be honest - with the opportunities of both.
Others prefer the traditional and faster execution by a silenced handgun, but I've always had a flair for the exotic - and almost none carries around antidotes these days.
The fools.
*Puts on the wig (shaved heads are so practical) and a false moustache (today it was the walrus)*
As I'm halfway through the door to my crummy room I remember that there is a cold wind blowing from the north.
*Walks in and puts on a warm overcoat*
Now I'm ready for everything I might possibly find.

Freshmeat
2009-10-16, 12:16 PM
Night ends in around 4-5 hours, gentlemen and women.
And Mordokai.

Mordokai
2009-10-16, 12:18 PM
Why you little son of a gun...

Cristo Meyers
2009-10-16, 12:19 PM
Why you little son of a gun...

well you have switched avatar gender back and forth over a dozen times...

Mordokai
2009-10-16, 12:22 PM
Riiiight... you're the one to speak...

UncleWolf
2009-10-16, 12:22 PM
Sorry, I know I'm not in the game, but...

Is it just me, or is this somehow familiar? :smallconfused::smalltongue:

Oh wait! I remember! *points to spoiler in sig*

Freshmeat
2009-10-16, 04:33 PM
Night 1 ends

Across Europe, encoded messages are being sent back to shady headquarters asking for more information about select individuals. Others prefer to carry out solo investigations, and some have even entirely different plans in mind. Things stir and lurk in the dark alleyways of Europe's capitals, but no knives flicker in the darkness nor do gunshots ring out throughout the night. All is quiet.

In a suite of Monaco's fanciest hotel, Baroness Hannah Pea Turtle sits bored on her bed, contemplating whatever it is that evil and gorgeous femme fatales do. As she is about to take a shower and provide some fanservice to the readers, her mobile phone rings. The cheesy ringtone is mercifully cut short as the Baroness picks up the phone.

"Frau Hah-Pee-Turtal?" asks a Canadian actor putting on an atrocious German accent. "Are you still into the seducing and betraying business?"

"Viscount Von Evil," Baroness Turtle replies, recognizing the voice of the monocled German aristocrat."If you need some kind of poor sap dying in an incredibly vague narration, you know you can count on my considerable talents."
Looking totally casual, she lights a cigarette and takes a long drag from it.

"Gut! Sehr gut!" Von Evil cheers, his accent slipping even worse than before. "Get ready to move to either London, Paris, Rome or Paris as soon as possible. People are going to die soon, and with some luck, you might seduce and betray these people before they do kick the bucket, which somehow fulfils an undefined yet evil plot that makes no sense at all when you think about it!"

"No worries there, Viscount. Getting people not to think straight is something I happen to be very good at..."

Summary:
Everyone is still alive. (for now)
(night action results will be PM'd shortly)

Day 1 begins
PM all day actions to me (for most of you, that'll be travelling to another city should you wish to do so)

happyturtle
2009-10-17, 01:17 AM
Baroness Turtle boards her train and takes a seat in first class. When the conductor comes around, she convinces him that her ticket was stolen. Being a kind hearted soul, he issues her a replacement ticket free of charge while staring at the cleavage displayed by her very low cut top. She glances at the marquee to read the journey information.

This train is the service to Rome. Calling at London, Paris, Berlin, and Rome.

"Ah, how very convenient," she murmurs. "I will arrive at my destination and then capture my prey by seducing and betraying him, before locking him in an elaborate death trap and monologuing the details of my evil scheme to kidnap the...."

"Um, I'm still here," the conductor says.

The Baroness winces. "If I undo another button on my top, will you pretend you never heard that?"

"It's a deal."

Murska
2009-10-17, 02:31 PM
Meanwhile, a man boards a train from Paris to Rome, carrying a suitcase. :smallbiggrin:

Freshmeat
2009-10-17, 04:34 PM
Day 1 ends

Gunnar Axelsson has traveled to another city.
Jason Webb has traveled to another city.

Night 2 begins
PM all actions to me.

In response to a question:
I only count actions sent to me by PM.
However, people are free to post both a public action and send me one in private.

Freshmeat
2009-10-19, 05:09 AM
Night 2 ends

Colonel Frederick Sloan took his pair of binoculars and watched the street down below. That mine in 'Nam may have made me wheelchair-bound, he thought but that's not going to stop me from getting rid of that pesky spy!

Colonel Sloan grunted in approval as he saw his mark exit a building and head straight for a fancy sports car.
"Ha! Just as planned!" the Colonel said to himself, before producing some kind of device from his pocket. He waited for his target to get into the car, before pressing the lone button on the detonator. Down in the street, the car blew to smithereens, instantly killing whoever was inside.
"Au revoir, Mr. Floorboard."

Meanwhile, a nondescript distance away, the real Mr. Floorboard stood on top of a roof, waiting, a silenced sniper rifle in his hands. From his vantage point he had a perfect view of the hotel opposite the street, where he had booked a room. Scanning the area through his scope, he felt confident that if anyone would try to 'assassinate' the ragdoll he had put in his own bed, he'd be around to put a bullet through his would-be assassins' heads.

Unfortunately, no one came and the next morning Mr. Floorboard came down with a bit of a cold instead.

Summary:
Colonel Frederick Sloan tried to assassinate Mr. Floorboard, believing him to be Opeth Freak. The attack failed.
Mr. Floorboard set up an ambush, but none of his intended targets attacked him.

Day 2 begins

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
It has occurred to me that, given the fact that most people find it desirable to scry people and locales before attempting to assassinate people and since one needs to refill resources from time to time as well, gameplay is a little ‘slow’.
As such, I’ve decided to allow all players to take two actions at night (until further notice), although they still need to pay the resource costs of these actions. So, starting from next night, it’s possible to try and assassinate two people during one night, or perform two personal scries on two different people, or stage an ambush and perform a local scry or assassinate someone and scrounge for more supplies, and so on and so forth.

happyturtle
2009-10-19, 10:05 AM
In her evil lair in <city name redacted>, Baroness Turtle stood over her first kidnap victim, who was tied to an operating table.

"Soon my good friend the Doctor will be here to take care of you," she murmured in a sultry voice. "But when he is done, you can return to the your work at the International OMGlympics Committee."

"You're mad!" he cried. "Whatever evil you plan for the OMGlympics, it will never succeed!"

The Baroness laughed. "You say that now... but you haven't met The Doctor."

Cristo Meyers
2009-10-19, 10:17 AM
In her evil lair in <city name redacted>, Baroness Turtle stood over her first kidnap victim, who was tied to an operating table.

"Soon my good friend the Doctor will be here to take care of you," she murmured in a sultry voice. "But when he is done, you can return to the your work at the International OMGlympics Committee."

"You're mad!" he cried. "Whatever evil you plan for the OMGlympics, it will never succeed!"

The Baroness laughed. "You say that now... but you haven't met The Doctor."

You're going to have him tortured by David Tennet?

Opeth_Freak
2009-10-19, 11:26 AM
Someone already tried to kill me?

Heh, better luck next time :smallamused:

Lord Magtok
2009-10-19, 03:19 PM
"Baroness, I am aware of where I would be today without your associates, what those brutish mongrels would've done with me had they known of my...recreational activities. So forgive me if I seem impudent when I ask you to stop these silly introductions. Last patient was expecting Sylvester McCoy, and the man before that was babbling about Daleks the whole time."

A shady figure slithers in, his surgical gown soaked in a lazy mixture of blood and antiseptic. His sanitation standards clearly aren't in agreement with any sort of civilized land's measure, and a mad gleam in his good eye implies his doctorate wasn't likely to come from a place of prestige and repute. With slow and steady steps, he steps over to the kidnapped fellow, and stares down at him.

"Is it safe?"
You're...talking to me?
"Is it safe?"
"Is what safe?"
"Is it safe?"
"I don't know what you mean. I can't tell you something's safe or not, unless I know specifically what you're talking about."
"Is it safe?"
"Tell me what the it refers to."
"Is it safe?"
"Yes, it's safe, it's very safe, it's so safe you wouldn't believe it. Please, don't hurt me, just-"
"Is it safe?"
"It's...what is it?! Why are you doing this?!"

The Doc turns around and chuckles.

"Oh, nothing. I just needed to keep your mind distracted away from the little explosive device I'd been implanted in your chest. We're all done now."

He shakes the man's hand, offers a lollipop, and respectfully nods towards the Baroness as he walks away.

happyturtle
2009-10-19, 03:31 PM
"But that's half the fun, darling," she says to Malpractice. "I do love it when you defy expectations."

Freshmeat
2009-10-20, 07:43 AM
Day 2 ends
Mr. Floorboard was reading a newspaper at a local café, still a bit cold from his all-nighter on the roof. After going over the most important part of his newspaper first (the comics and the crossword puzzle) he began reading the articles. Apparently sales on airplane tickets had dropped sharply as of late, and some companies were on the verge of bankruptcy. More grave news washed over Mr. Floorboard as he read an article about a particularly nasty doctor that went around slicing people open, stealing their organs and replacing them with something else, often bombs. The newspaper article concluded with a terrible pun on this "Doctor Boom". Deciding that this newspaper article was a "Fantastic Bore", Mr. Floorboard stood up and went home.

Summary:
No one traveled to another city today.

Night 3 begins

Wreckingrocc
2009-10-20, 04:40 PM
Know I'm a little late, but in as AL replacement / reserve, please :)

Freshmeat
2009-10-22, 01:51 AM
Know I'm a little late, but in as AL replacement / reserve, please :)

Added.

((A quick narrative disclaimer: I've felt that keeping things fully ambiguous is kind of a chore when you have to keep four separate cities in mind and that it makes for a lot of non-action sequences, so I'm mostly going to drop 'narrative continuity' here and replace it with the Rule of Cool (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RuleOfCool). In other words: don't read too much into the following. Stuff blows up and people die!))

So then, without further ado:

Night 3 ends!

Wallace Link eyed the hotel attentively. He'd been staking this place out for ages, but at long last his target, Colonel Frederick Sloan, showed himself. As the Colonel stepped into an old, green car, Wallace Link began tailing him in his 4x4 while listening to some cheesy, pumping action music.

Meanwhile, Homer Simpson was sitting at a bar in Springfield (which is apparently located in Europe) when suddenly a grenade was thrown inside through the window. Homer quickly ducked behind the counter, narrowly avoiding the CGI explosion in doing so. As he stood up, he could see Gunnar Axelsson running away in the distance. Homer spat a curse and then had a really touching scene with his less-fortunate (as in: dying) patrons, which we will cut due to budget issues.

Space McGee waited in an alcove that offered a nice view of his own safehouse, which he felt confident wasn't quite as safe as it used to be. He attached a silencer to his pistol and carefully waited, but no one came. A single tear ran down his cheek, but he quickly wiped it away before anyone saw it.

While all of that was happening at more or less the same time, Colonel Frederick Sloan ordered his driver to head into an alleyway, drop him off, and continue driving back on the main road. The Colonel felt reasonably certain that someone had been following him (no doubt that scoundrel Alias Smith, Frederick figured!), and it so happened he just had the tool to solve that kind of problem...

Wallace Link was getting a little confused at this point. Traffic was slowing down and the amount of witnesses was dropping sharply. Fortunately he still had that pesky blue car in sight. He figured he'd get his chance at offing Sloan at the next bridge. Lost in thought, he did not notice Alias Smith riding next to him who, in turn, didn't notice Wallace either.
Just as the two spies in their respective cars came up on the next bridge, a massive rocket was fired from the top of a nearby apartment block down towards the bridge. Alias Smith made a sharp turn of the steering wheel and avoided most of the explosion, but the cars behind him were not so lucky. They piled on to eachother and instantly exploded for some bogus reason. Up above, Colonel Frederick cursed his poor aim with a bazooka.

In all of this chaos, Wallace Link saw his chance fit and he smashed his 4x4 right into the blue car's side. Being far bigger and having the advantage of momentum on its side (science!), the 4x4 easily pushed the smaller blue car of the edge of the bridge to what could only be certain death. As he drove away from all of the carnage, grinning like an idiot, Wallace realised that he'd been tailing a green car, yet had just driven a blue car of a bridge.
"Oops."

Yet more meanwhile!
By this time, Alias Smith had already sped off and driven into town. He'd figured he ought to pay that 'Night Hawk' fellow a visit. Ever the gentleman, he went up to the Hawk's eighth floor apartment, drew a revolver and kicked the door in. In a flash, the Hawk was on him, apparently having sensed Smith's presence already sooner. Smith got off a few shots before he was disarmed, but none hit. A violent scuffle ensued and within moments, Smith had recuperated, twisting Hawk's leg in a painful hold and laying on him with a few jabs to his ribs.

Hawk broke free, eventually, by grabbing Smith's wrist and pulling the fingers backwards, breaking three of them instantly. Dodging blows left and right, Hawk took a step backwards, spun round, and began slashing violently in Smith's direction, having picked up a sharp-looking knife from the kitchen table.

A quick slice across his opponent's cheek was all Hawk got off however, as Smith delivered a powerful kick to his chest, knocking him over the kitchen table. An attempt at throwing a nearby toaster in Hawk's face was met with a deft block, so Smith opted to pick up his surprisingly resilient adversary and smash him through a long glass door out on the balcony. Hawk stood up, heavily bruised, but a quick punch to Smith's gut put him back in a position to apply a chokehold. Smith wouldn't have any of it though, and in one quick movement, he grabbed Hawk by the shoulder and threw him off the balcony.

Casually wiping some dust from his jacket, Smith looked down at the body floating face-down in the Roman canal about 70 feet down below.
"Should've called yourself 'The Night Fish', Mr. Bourne."

Summary:
Space McGee set up an ambush, but none of his intended targets attacked him.
Gunnar Axelsson tried to kill Homer Simpson, believing him to be Mordokai. The attack failed.
Wallace Link tried to kill Colonel Frederick Sloan, believing him to be Opeth Freak. The attack failed.
Colonel Frederick Sloan tried to kill Alias Smith, believing him to be Opeth Freak. The attack failed.
Alias Smith tried to assassinate The Night Hawk, believing him to be Opeth Freak. The attack was successful.

The Night Hawk (Opeth Freak) was defenestrated (sort of) and fell to his death from the eighth floor in Rome.
He was Jason Bourne, a rogue agent.

Day 3 begins!

Player list:

Banjo1985
Cristo Meyers
Dr. Bath
Elder Tsofu
Fleeing Coward
Funky Goose
gothicbob
Mordokai
Murska Opeth Freak ([The Night Hawk], Jason Bourne, killed night 3)
RedScholarGypsy
smuchmuch
Trixie
The Bookworm
Thufir

Alias list:

Alias Smith
Colonel Frederick Sloan
Dr. House
Homer Simpson
Jason Webb
Jhon Stevens
Johann Winters
Gunnar Axelsson
Mr Floorboard
Nikolas Yianni
Pygmalion Turner
Roger D. Foxtrot
Space McGee The Night Hawk ([Opeth Freak], Jason Bourne - killed night 3)
Wallace Link

Elder Tsofu
2009-10-22, 02:13 AM
That were an uneventful night. :smalltongue:

Opeth_Freak
2009-10-22, 03:30 AM
Good lord people. What I ever did to you? I understand one attack. But 4 overall in 2 nights? O.o

happyturtle
2009-10-22, 04:02 AM
*is reminded of the time everyone attacked Murska at once in Superhero Rumble, getting him down to 1 hp*

:smallbiggrin:

Opeth_Freak
2009-10-22, 04:16 AM
Also, since I'm dead, and don't have to worry about all those night and day actions, I volunteer to RP another victim of Baroness, Happy :smalltongue:

Thufir
2009-10-22, 05:31 AM
Interestingly, the Opeth Freak attacks went in a kind of chain:
Wallace Link attacked Colonel Frederick Sloan who attacked Alias Smith who assassinated The Night Hawk.

Don't know if that means anything or is just a coincidence.

Freshmeat
2009-10-23, 06:17 AM
Day 3 ends

The Evening News:
"...put an end to this string of murders throughout Europe.

The International Transport Corporation is reporting remarkable profits during the last couple of days. Whether this is caused by panic after the gruesome murder of rogue agent Jason Bourne or if this actually caused an influx of morbidly interested tourists is still unclear. Joe Walker, CEO of the ITC, says he is "very pleased" with this development but that the ITC is more concerned with its well-known railway project in Louisiana and Texas.

In other news, scientists have discovered that kitties..."

Summary:
Alias Smith has traveled to another city.
Colonel Frederick Sloan has traveled to another city.
Jason Webb traveled to another city.
Mr. Floorboard traveled to another city.

Night 4 begins

Freshmeat
2009-10-25, 08:02 AM
Night 4 ends
Dr. House was proud of himself. It may have cost him tons and tons of his hard-earned money, but he had finally managed to set up the perfect trap. Anyone who would open his door tonight would first be shot in the back by a handful of razor-sharp, poison-tipped arrows, and would get a 'healthy' dose of poison gas blown in his face. Then, by means of a trapdoor, the unfortunate victim would fall several feet down into a whole bunch of spikes, which would trigger a trio of scythes to come down and stab the poor sap right in the back. What would follow next was something that Dr. House was particularly pleased with: as soon as the scythes struck, honey would be sprayed on the hapless, bleeding, poisoned victim, which would only further whip the oncoming fire ants into a frenzy. All in all, it was a trap well worth the price.

Still, as Dr. House found out the next morning after being rudely awoken by screams of "Oh gods!", "The pain!" and "Aagh!" (or variations thereof), he was disappointed to see that no nefarious spy had triggered his trap, but rather the hotel cook bringing Dr. House's daily room service.

"Hm, maybe I can still save her with a miracle operation..."

Then a bullet whizzed past and struck the cook right in the forehead.

"Still doable."

Then someone fired a grenade launcher from across the street through the window at the cook, and she blew up in a gory fashion that would do Quentin Tarantino proud.

"Well, this just might get tricky..."

Summary:
Dr. House set up an ambush, but none of his intended targets attacked him.
Space McGee tried to assassinate Dr. House, believing him to be Trixie. The attack failed.

Day 4 begins

Freshmeat
2009-10-26, 08:26 AM
Day 4 ends

The Evening News:
"...in Tokyo, Shanghai and Hong Kong. This concludes our report on rampant crime in the Orient.

In Europe, infamous maverick medical prodigy Dr. House has saved yet another patient from the brink of death. Even though the patient, a 43-year old hotel cook, was viciously stabbed, poisoned, pierced, slashed, shot and blown up, Dr. Gregory House was able to save her in what much of his colleagues have called the 'miracle operation of the century'. However, the cook reportedly suffers from a light case of amnesia ever since she regained consciousness.

The police is still investigating rumours about Dr. House having caused the woman's grave injuries himself, but he vehemently denies such accusations. We expect to hear more from the chief of police and their investigations into this case in the near future.

And now a few words from our local reporter in Monaco, who is attending the annual Greene Planet relief party. This year's theme, the deforestation of the South American rainforest, was unveiled in a speech by notable philanthropist..."

Summary:

Night 5 begins

Freshmeat
2009-10-28, 05:03 AM
This narration is brought to you by AKTIONSKI!, the vaguely Slavic soft drink with a kick!

Night 5 ends!

The city is once again in turmoil, as shady assassins plot to bring down their enemies.

In a hotel lobby, Johann Winters is enjoying a drink when a car suddenly pulls up outside and a man exits the vehicle in a hurry. Brandishing a shotgun, he starts shooting, seemingly at random, wounding two civilians in the process. Almost as quickly as he arrived, he's gone again. Unfazed, Winters is about to deliver a smart-ass quip when he notices a man carrying a bouquet of roses entering the lobby.

Recognizing this as the international sign of an assassin, Winters walks up to the man, takes his flowers and thows them on the ground. He then stomps on them for good measure, but no gun or bomb can be seen inside them.

Just as Winters realizes his mistake, yet another man, armed with a revolver, walks into the hotel lobby.
"Here's a message for you!", he says, while shooting at Winters. "John Lennon sends his regards!"
"I can't hear you! Don't fire the gun while you're talking!" Johann pleads. And then dies.

Meanwhile, elsewhere:
"Are you sure this is the right place?" Nikolas Yianni asks. He takes a look around the abandoned apartment block where they were supposed to meet their contact.

"Sure, don't worry." Homer Simpson responds. "I got it from a reliable source by the name of Baroness Turtle. And by 'got', I mean I-"

The look on Nikolas' face is one of shock, and possibly even a sudden urge for cake.
"Baroness Turtle? Baroness Hannah Pea Turtle? You can't trust that woman as far as you can throw her! Do you have any idea what evil and shady organizations she deals with? She's duped you! I bet this is a trap! In fact, and I'd like to point this out very clearly in an overly-long monologue even though I should be running, I'm certain it's a trap!"

Just then a gunshot rings out from across the street, and Nikolas goes down like a sack, a bullet right between his eyes.
Before Homer Simpson can respond, the unseen sniper takes him down as well.

Not too far away, Dr. House puts the sniper rifle back in a case and whistles a jaunty tune as he walks away.
"I love this job."

Summary:
Nikolas Yianni set up an ambush, but none of his intended targets attacked him.
Wallace Link tried to assassinate Pygmalion Turner, believing him to be Elder Tsofu. The attack failed.
Alias Smith tried to assassinate Roger D. Foxtrot, believing him to be Murska. The attack failed.
Alias Smith tried to assassinate Wallace Link, believing him to be Murska. The attack failed.
Colonel Frederick Sloan tried to assassinate Pygmalion Turner, believing him to be Murska. The attack failed.
Colonel Frederick Sloan tried to assassinate Johann Winters, believing him to be Murska. The attack succeeded.
Dr. House tried to assassinate Nikolas Yianni, believing him to Mordokai. The attack succeeded.
Dr. House tried to assassinate Homer Simpson, believing him to be Fleeing Coward. The attack succeeded.

An asset was activated last night.

Johann Winters (Murska) was shot in London.
He was a SMERSH Infiltrator

Nikolas Yianni (Mordokai) was shot by a sniper in an abandoned apartment in Berlin.
He was M, secret agent and leader of MI6.

Homer Simpson (Fleeing Coward) was shot by a sniper in an abandoned apartment in Berlin.
He was James Bond, secret agent of MI6.

Day 5 begins!

Player list:
Opeth Freak [The Night Hawk], Jason Bourne, killed night 3 Murska [Johann Winters], SMERSH Infiltrator, killed night 5 Mordokai [Nikolas Yianni], M (MI6), killed night 5 Fleeing Coward [Homer Simpson], James Bond (MI6) - killed night 5
Banjo1985
Cristo Meyers
Dr. Bath
Elder Tsofu
Funky Goose
gothicbob
RedScholarGypsy
smuchmuch
Trixie
The Bookworm
Thufir

Alias list:
The Night Hawk [Opeth Freak], Jason Bourne - killed night 3 Johann Winters [Murska], SMERSH Infiltrator - killed night 5 Nikolas Yianni [Mordokai], M (MI6) - killed night 5 Homer Simpson [Fleeing Coward], James Bond (MI6) - killed night 5
Alias Smith
Colonel Frederick Sloan
Dr. House
Jason Webb
Jhon Stevens
Gunnar Axelsson
Mr Floorboard
Pygmalion Turner
Roger D. Foxtrot
Space McGee
Wallace Link

happyturtle
2009-10-28, 05:29 AM
The Baroness sits in the opera house, listening to Leporello detail the list of Don Giovanni's amorous conquests.

Hmph. Amateur! She thinks to herself. Then she places her hand on the arm of the gentleman next to her. "Don Giovanni is so cruel to his lovers. You would never treat a lady so badly, right?" She had never met the man before, but she knew who he was-another member of the OMGlympics International Committee-and had arranged to be seated next to him at the opera.

Murska
2009-10-28, 09:17 AM
Aw. Total scouring of the entire possible playerlist just for me? Jerks.

happyturtle
2009-10-28, 07:19 PM
The Baroness sits in the opera house, listening to Leporello detail the list of Don Giovanni's amorous conquests.

Hmph. Amateur! She thinks to herself. Then she places her hand on the arm of the gentleman next to her. "Don Giovanni is so cruel to his lovers. You would never treat a lady so badly, right?" She had never met the man before, but she knew who he was-another member of the OMGlympics International Committee-and had arranged to be seated next to him at the opera.

((That would be you, Opeth :smallwink:))

Opeth_Freak
2009-10-28, 08:14 PM

((Sorry, that OMGLympics stuff confused me. I thought that one is reserved for someone else))

Magnus von Michaelsson almost fell asleep in his chair. Opera was never that kind of entertainment he liked, but being one of the figureheads of OMGlympics Committe required him to attend some of the 'cultural happenings' like this. Fortunately no one required from him to have fun on them, because he would be pretty much doomed in that case.

Suddenly, Magnus felt a soft touch on his arm, and heard a calm, melodic, female voice. He turned his head, and he had to bite his tongue immediately, to not whistle in the opera at the sight of a woman who spoked to him. Looks like this day wasn't as wasted as he initially thought.

"No... Of course not. I was always much more subtle, and gentle in my contacts with beautiful women." Replied Magnus in the most elegant manner he could, while still wondering who the hell is Don Giovanni.

Freshmeat
2009-10-29, 07:10 AM
Day 5 ends

The Daily Newspaper
Once again the International Transport Corporation (ITC) is reporting a rise in sold plane and train trickets in Europe due to a 'migratory' movement after the assassinations of select individuals linked to large-scale secret agencies. What follows are a few words from Joe Walker, CEO of the ITC, and his reflections upon this matter:

Mister Walker, how do you feel about your company's continued success?

Well, boy... Of course I darn like it! I like money just as much as the next hot-blooded Texan, don't I? I'll tell you something about dem Ewropeans: I bet they's scared! They all run away as soon as a dead body turns up in their neighbourhood. They get in one little fight and their mums get scared, telling them to move in with their aunties and uncles in Belgium!

And what do you think about some of those murders, such as those in Berlin?

For my part, the Tommies and the Rhusskies can fight eachother for as long as they'd like. Lemmetellyasomething, I did my duty against the Jerries in '44, boy, and that's enough for this old-timer! But if this keeps up and I keep on selling more train tickets the moment someone turns up dead, I might just have to hire a bunch of prewfessionals to get me some more murders over there. That's called investment! [at this point, Joe Walker breaks off into maniacal laughter]

Oh-kaaay... Thank you for this interview, Mister Walker.

Somewhere in a quaint little village in the countryside, the local vicar returns home after his weekly visit to the Old Ladies Club. With a tired sigh, he puts his bible down and makes himself a cup of coffee. Just as the man is about to sit down and read the newspaper, his cellphone rings.
A minute later, he puts the cellphone down.
Five minutes later, he finishes his coffee.

An hour later he's on his way to the nearest metropole, a scoped assault rifle, silenced pistol and gravity knife in his luggage.

Summary:
Dr. House has traveled to another city.
Mr. Floorboard has traveled to another city.
Wallace Link has traveled to another city.

An asset was activated during day 5.

Night 6 begins

happyturtle
2009-10-29, 09:40 AM
The Baroness laughs softly and is about to reply, when her elegant little beaded clutch starts to beep.

She frowns prettily, and unclasps it to pull out a mobile phone, on which she reads a text message. In the darkened theatre, the light from the little screen is rather noticeable, and soon a couple of ushers appear.

"Please give us the mobile. It will be returned to you after the performance."

She closes the phone and puts it back into her little purse. "I think not," she says, not trying to keep her voice down.

"Then I must ask you to leave."

She stands and tosses her shoulders back. "Hmph! Fine. The celloist was dreadful anyway."

As she makes her way out of the theatre, she turns and gives a quick look back at Magnus, with a smile, and a little motion of the head that seems to invite him to meet her in the lobby.

Opeth_Freak
2009-10-29, 07:21 PM
And there goes the only good thing that happened today, with a sound of a cell phone.

Magnus tried to look at the spectacle, while the ushers were forcing the woman to leave, but he couldn't resist taking a few looks with a corner of his eyes. Mostly because everything was more interesting than the opera. When he thought, everything was lost, a woman gave him a clear signal to follow her. Magnus began counting to 30 in his mind, so no one will immediately link his leave with a women he was talking to not that long time ago.

After reaching the half a minute point, he grabbed his own cell phone from the pocket, faked checking his organizer, then quickly hid it, and stood up.

"Terribly sorry for disturbing. I just reminded myself, that I have to make important call to to my superior. I apologize deeply once again." Said the committee to people who gave him a surprised look.

He quickly buttoned up his suit, tightened his tie, and went to the lobby. When he spotted the mysterious women, he quickly approached her and started new conversation.

"Oh, thank God. That was probably the worst spectacle, I've ever seen."

Magnus couldn't go wrong with that sentence, as it was the first opera he ever saw.

happyturtle
2009-10-30, 06:51 AM
"I'm glad my little interruption didn't spoil it for you then," Baroness Turtle says. "I just got bad news from London. Foolish Pappa..." It was always such a hassle when he was shot and killed, trying to get him resuscitated on time. More artificial parts would be needed no doubt. Other than his brain, she thought the only original part he had left was one green eye.

"Anyway, I'm sure you don't want to hear about my family squabbles," she says, linking her arm in his. "Why don't you buy me a drink?"

Freshmeat
2009-10-31, 11:30 AM
Night 6 ends
Pygmalion Turner awoke with a headache. This wasn't because he hadn't quite adjusted so well to sleeping throughout most of the day and doing secret conspiracy stuff at night, but rather because part of his hotel had just been blown up and a small slab of concrete had dropped on his head. Just as he left his room, another explosion shook the hotel. Glancing out of the window, he saw Frederick Sloan down across the street and assumed the old Colonel was somehow responsible. A quick burst from Turner's SMG sent Colonel Sloan packing, but it seems like the only victims were two innocent bystanders.

A third passersby, who assumed they were shooting at him, turned out to be none other than Wallace Link. Trying to make use of the confusion again, he jumped into his 4x4, tailed the man he believed to be 'Space McGee' and drove his car off a bridge.
"Huh?!" Wallace said, shaking his head as if remembering something. "Déja vu."

Meanwhile, Mr. Floorboard dropped a poisonous spider in someone's mailbox.
For some reason, he felt that he ought to do something more dramatic than that, so he waited until no one was around and then kicked a trashcan. Feeling pretty proud with himself, he quickly ran away before anyone would notice him.
"Thugz 4 life, yo!"

Summary:
Colonel Frederick Sloan tried to assasinate Pygmalion Turner, believing him to be Cristo Meyers. The attack failed.
Colonel Frederick Sloan tried to assassinate Wallace Link, believing him to be Cristo Meyers. The attack failed.
Mr. Floorboard tried to assassinate Roger D. Foxtrot, believing him to be Banjo. The attack failed.
Pygmalion Turner tried to assassinate Gunnar Axelsson, believing him to be Trixie. The attack failed.
Pygmalion Turner tried to assassinate Wallace Link, believing him to be Trixie. The attack failed.
Wallace Link tried to assassinate Space McGee, believing him to be RedScholarGypsy. The attack failed.

smuchmuch was auto'd. His role, alias, resources, location, etc. have all been given to Irbis.

Day 6 begins

Irbis
2009-10-31, 12:04 PM
So... it was blank, was it? :smallconfused:

Edit: It finally came. Lock and load! :smallamused:

Opeth_Freak
2009-10-31, 01:03 PM
"I'm glad my little interruption didn't spoil it for you then," Baroness Turtle says. "I just got bad news from London. Foolish Pappa..." It was always such a hassle when he was shot and killed, trying to get him resuscitated on time. More artificial parts would be needed no doubt. Other than his brain, she thought the only original part he had left was one green eye.

"Anyway, I'm sure you don't want to hear about my family squabbles," she says, linking her arm in his. "Why don't you buy me a drink?"

"No, that's perfectly fine. I'm as good in being a shoulder to cry on, as with being an entertainer during a friendly drink, so it's up to you, which scenario we'll choose today..."

Magnus smiled and grabbed the hip of miss... ?

"Oh, but maybe let's start from the beginning. My name is Magnus von Michaelsson, and I'm a member of OMGlympics committee." Magnus said, as they went toward the refreshment room.

Freshmeat
2009-11-01, 02:19 PM
Day 6 ends

Jhon Stevens stepped on a train.*

* this minimalist narration is brought to you by writer's block

Summary:
Jhon Stevens has traveled to another city.

Night 7 begins

happyturtle
2009-11-01, 02:24 PM
"Hannah Turtle," the Baroness introduces herself. "The OMGlympics... you must be a very important man."

Mordokai
2009-11-01, 02:37 PM
*sneaks in*
*casts a spell on the narrator*

It's a Polymorph (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/polymorph.htm)! :smallbiggrin: You must spend next 48 hours as this:

http://www.hausamgern.ch/rsbmc/black/stripy.gif

He's called Stripy and he's pretty much my favourite childhood cartoon character :smallbiggrin: For reference material, go here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBmVxATDSJ0). You should get basic idea of what I'm expecting of you after you watch the intro :smallbiggrin:

Basicaly, I expect you to find something funny in every situation for the duration of the spell and act as silly as possible about it, within forum rules, that is.* Major bonus points if you set up a Stripy avatar. Google it, there are enough pictures of it around.

*The narrations for this game and all your PbP games are exempt to this rule.

*sneaks out*

happyturtle
2009-11-01, 02:39 PM
Um... did that Polymorph hit me instead... :smalleek:

Mordokai
2009-11-01, 02:59 PM
Nah, it's homed for Freshmeat :smallbiggrin:

Trixie
2009-11-01, 05:46 PM
It's a Polymorph (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/polymorph.htm)! :smallbiggrin: You must spend next 48 hours as this:

He's called Stripy and he's pretty much my favourite childhood cartoon character :smallbiggrin: For reference material, go here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBmVxATDSJ0). You should get basic idea of what I'm expecting of you after you watch the intro :smallbiggrin:

Basicaly, I expect you to find something funny in every situation for the duration of the spell and act as silly as possible about it, within forum rules, that is.* Major bonus points if you set up a Stripy avatar. Google it, there are enough pictures of it around.

Huh. Never seen it, but I liked the first episode. Especially the parts where main hero kicked the ass of that annoying, laughing rat.

A pity this hammer and nails in the end wasn't used on his multicolored hide. :smalltongue:

Freshmeat
2009-11-01, 07:06 PM
*sneaks in*
*casts a spell on the narrator*

*sneaks out*

Stripy seems a little annoying to me. But since he's your favorite childhood character, then that would explain a lot of things. :smalltongue:
That said, I'm not going to argue with a free artistic license to annoy people.

*pokes Mordokai with his nose and laughs*

Mordokai
2009-11-02, 03:57 AM
You know, it actually would... huh, how about that.

*grabs Fresh by nose, spins around and throws into distance*

Freshmeat
2009-11-03, 01:03 PM
Night 7 ends!

That night, Jason Webb was staying low and out of sight. With all this flying back and forth between cities, he found it easy to get lost, especially when stalking the streets at night. The fact that he’d narrowly escaped a drive-by shooting only a scant few moments ago wasn't helping his sense of direction either.

Dashing across the street and into an alley, Webb still found no point of reference and decided to place a call to HQ. They could trace his location and provide backup. As he was waiting for someone to pick up on the other end, he heard footsteps down the alleyway, so he reached inside his pocket for his sidearm. To his short-lived surprise, the attack came from behind, and Webb spent the last few seconds of his life grasping feebly at the garrote around his neck.

About a quarter of an hour later, Pygmalion Turner arrived on scene. He didn’t need to see Jason Webb’s body to figure out that his boss was already dead. Moving carefully, as other assassins might still be around, he sneaked closer to get a better look. The soft ‘click’ of a gun being cocked behind him warned him of the ambush, and just in time too. As Alias Smith pulled the trigger, Pygmalion Turner dived aside, executing a flawless yet unnecessary combat roll (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/UnnecessaryCombatRoll). In the blink of an eye he spun round, throwing a knife in Smith’s direction, which hit the latter square in the chest. It was over in seconds. The look on Smith’s face was one of complete surprise as he slumped down into a heap, dead.

It wasn’t until he was about to leave that Pygmalion Turner spotted the wheelchair-bound man at the other end of the alleyway, who had been watching him with keen interest. When Turner raised his silenced pistol to take care of the witness, the seemingly helpless man, in reply, reached for a small control panel and pressed a button. For the slightest of moments, there was a pause as the wheelchair’s frame changed slightly. Then Colonel Frederick Sloan's hidden machinegun perforated the assassin Pygmalion Turner like a really bad metaphor.

Summary:
Gunnar Axelsson set up an ambush, but none of his intended targets attacked him.
Jason Webb set up an ambush, but none of his intended targets attacked him.
Jhon Stevens tried to assassinate Roger D. Foxtrot, believing him to be Cristo Meyers. The attack failed.
Jhon Stevens tried to assassinate Jason Webb, believing him to be Cristo Meyers. The attack succeeded.
Roger D. Foxtrot tried to assassinate Jason Webb, believing him to be Irbis. The attack failed.
Colonel Frederick Sloan tried to assassinate Pygmalion Turner, believing him to be RedScholarGypsy. The attack failed.
Colonel Frederick Sloan tried to assassinate Pygmalion Turner, believing him to be Banjo. The attack succeeded.
Pygmalion Turner tried to assassinate Mr. Floorboard, believing him to be Banjo. The attack failed.
Pygmalion Turner tried to assassinate Alias Smith, believing him to be Trixie. Even though Smith set up an ambush for Turner, he died anyway (mysteriously enough).

Alias Smith (Trixie) was killed in London.
He was an MI6 Infiltrator

Pygmalion Turner (Banjo) was shot in London.
He was The Professor, an asset working for Treadstone.

Jason Webb (Cristo Meyers) was strangled in London.
He was Alexander Conklin, secret agent and a leader of Treadstone.

Day 7 begins!

Player list:
Opeth Freak [The Night Hawk], Jason Bourne (rogue agent), killed night 3 Murska [Johann Winters], SMERSH Infiltrator, killed night 5 Mordokai [Nikolas Yianni], M (MI6), killed night 5 Fleeing Coward [Homer Simpson], James Bond (MI6) - killed night 5
Trixie [Alias Smith], MI6 Infiltrator - killed night 7 Cristo Meyers, Alexander Conklin (Treadstone) - killed night 7
Banjo1985, The Professor (Treadstone asset) - killed night 7
Dr. Bath
Elder Tsofu
Funky Goose
gothicbob
RedScholarGypsy
smuchmuch
The Bookworm
Thufir

Alias list:
The Night Hawk [Opeth Freak], Jason Bourne (rogue agent) - killed night 3 Johann Winters [Murska], SMERSH Infiltrator - killed night 5 Nikolas Yianni [Mordokai], M (MI6) - killed night 5 Homer Simpson [Fleeing Coward], James Bond (MI6) - killed night 5 Alias Smith [Trixie], MI6 Infiltrator - killed night 7 Jason Webb [Cristo Meyers], Alexander Conklin (Treadstone) - killed night 7
Pygmalion Turner [Banjo], The Professor (Treadstone asset) - killed night 7
Colonel Frederick Sloan
Dr. House
Jhon Stevens
Gunnar Axelsson
Mr Floorboard
Roger D. Foxtrot
Space McGee
Wallace Link

Elder Tsofu
2009-11-03, 01:31 PM
Damn dangerous place London. :smalltongue:

Trixie
2009-11-03, 01:53 PM
In Cartman's voice: You Bastards! :smallyuk:

You had so many better targets, yet you had to choose me :smallsigh:

Cristo Meyers
2009-11-03, 01:57 PM
In Cartman's voice: You Bastards! :smallyuk:

You had so many better targets, yet you had to choose me :smallsigh:

Yup. Had to.

rakkoon
2009-11-04, 03:31 AM
Stripy seems a little annoying to me. But since he's your favorite childhood character, then that would explain a lot of things. :smalltongue:
That said, I'm not going to argue with a free artistic license to annoy people.
*pokes Mordokai with his nose and laughs*

< So that explains the avatar ! >

banjo1985
2009-11-04, 04:42 AM
Well bugger, at least I took down Trixie with me. :smallbiggrin:

Freshmeat
2009-11-04, 01:34 PM
Day 7 ends
Summary:
Dr. House has traveled to another city.
Mr. Floorboard has traveled to another city.

Night 8 begins

happyturtle
2009-11-04, 01:44 PM
The Baroness continues to flirt with Magnus throughout the night and eventually attempts to lure him to her hotel room with an scheme of amazing cunning, finesse, and intricacy.

"So, Magnus, care to join me in my hotel room tonight?"

An operative must study for years to come up with a plan this advanced.

Opeth_Freak
2009-11-04, 07:06 PM
The Baroness continues to flirt with Magnus throughout the night and eventually attempts to lure him to her hotel room with an scheme of amazing cunning, finesse, and intricacy.

"So, Magnus, care to join me in my hotel room tonight?"

An operative must study for years to come up with a plan this advanced.

((D'oh! Sorry for delay Happy))

Couple of drinks, nice atmosphere, interesting conversation. All of this veil created to cover the intent of going together to the hotel room, was immediately shattered with one powerful question of the Baroness.

"Wow... Gotta say, I love that kind of approach."

On the other hand, he had a lot of paperwork to do tonight. Paperwork, or woman? Paperwork... Woman...

Paperwork?

Yeah, as if!

"Of course I would love to. Where's your room?"

happyturtle
2009-11-05, 03:39 PM
"Follow me." she says with a seductive smile, and leads him to her room.

Once inside, she pushes him up against the door and kisses him passionately, while stabbing him with a syringe full of sedative. :smallamused:

Opeth_Freak
2009-11-06, 06:32 AM
[i]Oh yeah. That's more like it. It's gonna be...

*STAB!*

"Ouch! What the hell... was that?"

"Whoa... It's just me... or the whole world is spinning...?"

"......"

happyturtle
2009-11-06, 06:37 AM
The Baroness peers down at her latest conquest. "And you're a pretty good kisser too. I hope Dr Malpractice won't do too much damage to you. I want to keep you as a pet."

Jontom Xire
2009-11-06, 07:39 AM
Aaargghhh!! Yet ANOTHER great game that I missed by being away. Please sign me up for the next incarnation of this. This is basically more or less what CoA should have been I think.

happyturtle
2009-11-06, 09:05 AM
Dun worry, JX. The supply of awesome games isn't going to dry up. And welcome back! :smallsmile:

Trixie
2009-11-06, 09:17 AM
Huh, I'm currently thinking about starting WE-like game.

Freshmeat
2009-11-06, 12:26 PM
Aaargghhh!! Yet ANOTHER great game that I missed by being away. Please sign me up for the next incarnation of this.

Sure. I feel it still has some room for improvement, but at least now I've got a pretty good idea of what works and what doesn't. I'm thinking of starting the sequel soonish.

Now, without further ado: death and slaughter!

Night 8 ends!

Roger D. Foxtrot watched the mansion through the scope of his sniper rifle. He'd been staking the place out for several hours now, and knew it couldn't take much longer before his target, Colonel Frederick Sloan, would show himself. Just to be on the safe side, he'd enlisted the help of a certain lady who had used her wiles to get an invitation at the Colonel's place that evening. She was a little late, citing that she had to take care of a date elsewhere first, but fortunately the Colonel still hadn't left by the time she arrived.

At last Roger saw some movement behind one of the windows and he took aim immediately. As soon as he could confirm that the figure in front of the window was the Colonel indeed, he squeezed the trigger and the old man went down, struck in the shoulder. Foxtrot didn't mind too much that his shot was off-base though, as he knew his accomplice would finish the job. Packing his stuff, he was about to leave when suddenly someone snuck up behind him and slit his throat. In his last moments, he could see that his attacker was... Roger D. Foxtrot?!

Time for an abrupt scene change to let that incredibly cheesy plot twist sink in! Elsewhere in the city, Wallace Link decided not to take any chances this time. All of his assassination efforts using his 4x4 had failed, so it was time to pull out the big guns. When his target, Space McGee, stepped into his car, he began tailing him with his massive attack helicopter in what can only be described as an obvious manner. It took Space McGee all of three seconds to figure out the helicopter was after him. Unfortunately for him, it took Wallace Link all of two seconds to tear McGee's car to pieces with a minigun.

With a look of extreme satisfaction on his face, Wallace Link turned back to his private helipad to land. Yet only a scant few miles before he arrived there, someone (if 'someone's' name began with 'Mr. and ended with 'Floorboard') fired a surface-to-air missile at Link's attack helicopter, and it went down in flames. Mr. Floorboard produced a pair of binoculars to watch the wreckage, only to see the wounded but not-quite-dead Wallace Link limping away.
"That is one tough SOB..."

Back at the mansion of Colonel Frederick Sloan, Roger D. Foxtrot glanced up at the expensive paintings and decorative vases before his eyes settled on the two other people in the room. The first was the wounded and slightly drugged Colonel Frederick Sloan, who had been tied to a chair. The other was the infamous Baroness Hannah Pea Turtle.
"Did everything go as planned?" she asked.

In response, 'Roger D. Foxtrot' pulled away his latex mask, revealing himself to be none other than Jhon Stevens. (yes, there was little reason for him to disguise himself in the first place - just roll with it)

"What are you going to do with him?" he asked, motioning over to the drugged Colonel.
"Oh, he'll wake up soon enough. I'm afraid I'll have to cut our night short here though, as I've got a score to settle with him."
"Fine by me. I've got a plane to catch anway."

As Stevens left, the Baroness gave the Colonel a few slaps to wake him up.
"Now you'll pay for killing my dear Papa."
"Huh? Who?"
"Oh! You don't remember him." Baroness Turtle said, pouting a little. "But that's alright."
With a flick of her wrist she flicked open a switchblade.
"I'll make you remember..."

Summary:
Jhon Stevens set an ambush, but none of his intended targets attacked him.
Jhon Stevens tried to assassinate Roger D. Foxtrot, believing him to be Thufir. The attack succeeded.
Roger D. Foxtrot tried to assassinate Colonel Frederick Sloan, believing him to be Dr. Bath. The attack failed.
Roger D. Foxtrot tried to assassinate Colonel Frederick Sloan, believing him to be The Bookworm. The attack succeeded.
Mr. Floorboard tried to assassinate Space McGee, believing him to be Dr. Bath. The attack failed.
Mr. Floorboard tried to assassinate Wallace Link, believing him to be . The attack succeeded, but Link still survived, somehow.
Wallace Link tried to assassinate Space McGee, believing him to be gothicbob. The attack succeeded.

Roger D. Foxtrot (Thufir) was killed in London.
He was Donovan "Red" Grant, an asset working for SMERSH.

Space McGee (gothicbob) was killed with a helicopter in Berlin.
He was Mr. White, secret agent and leader of Quantum.

Colonel Frederick Sloan (The Bookworm) was killed (presumably gruesomely) in London.
He was a rogue infiltrator secretly working for Quantum.

Jhon Stevens (Irbis) has completed all of his objectives and has escaped to Moscow.
He was Ethan Hunt, a rogue agent.(I've got to admit, that was fast)

Day 8 begins!

Player list:
[s]Opeth Freak [The Night Hawk], Jason Bourne (rogue agent), killed night 3 Murska [Johann Winters], SMERSH Infiltrator, killed night 5 Mordokai [Nikolas Yianni], M (MI6), killed night 5 Fleeing Coward [Homer Simpson], James Bond (MI6) - killed night 5
Trixie [Alias Smith], MI6 Infiltrator - killed night 7 Cristo Meyers [Jason Webb], Alexander Conklin (Treadstone) - killed night 7 Banjo1985 [Pygmalion Turner], The Professor (Treadstone asset) - killed night 7 gothicbob , Mr. White (Quantum) - killed night 8 [s]The Bookworm [Colonel Frederick Sloan], Rogue Infiltrator (Quantum) - killed night 8 Thufir, Donovan 'Red" Grant (SMERSH asset) - killed night 8 Irbis (formerly smuchmuch), Ethan Hunt (rogue agent) - escaped to Moscow night 8
Dr. Bath
Elder Tsofu
Funky Goose
RedScholarGypsy

Alias list:
The Night Hawk [Opeth Freak], Jason Bourne (rogue agent) - killed night 3 Johann Winters [Murska], SMERSH Infiltrator - killed night 5 Nikolas Yianni [Mordokai], M (MI6) - killed night 5 Homer Simpson [Fleeing Coward], James Bond (MI6) - killed night 5 Alias Smith [Trixie], MI6 Infiltrator - killed night 7 Jason Webb [Cristo Meyers], Alexander Conklin (Treadstone) - killed night 7
Pygmalion Turner [Banjo], The Professor (Treadstone asset) - killed night 7 Space McGee [gothicbob], Mr. White (Quantum) - killed night 8 Colonel Frederick Sloan [The Bookworm], Rogue Infiltrator (Quantum) - killed night 8 Roger D. Foxtrot [Thufir], Donovan "Red" Grant (SMERSH asset) - killed night 8 Jhon Stevens [Irbis (formerly smuchmuch)], Ethan Hunt (rogue agent) - escaped to Moscow night 8
Dr. House
Gunnar Axelsson
Mr Floorboard
Wallace Link

Irbis
2009-11-06, 12:53 PM
What? I'm gone already? :smallfrown:

But... but... with the info Trixie traded me for cooperation before death I had a few more sure names and was preparing to kill 2 people this day, hoping to be the only one standing :smallsigh:

Oh, well, killing 2 people and then fulfilling my goals was worth something, at least. But I wasn't able to kill Murska or Banjo. Shame. :smalltongue:

Murska
2009-11-06, 12:56 PM
Oh well. :smallbiggrin:

I got to cause the death of a few personal targets myself, so it's all good.

I wish my win condition was as easy as yours tho.

Trixie
2009-11-06, 01:05 PM
Oh, let me say, it wasn't easy. It's just that I did most of that work before Irbis even joined :smallannoyed:

Anyway, you don't mess with MI6! :smallyuk:

With all the kills behind my belt (these made by Bookworm/Irbis mostly were my suggestions/resulted from my scries/spreadsheet) I dare say we thinned the population like a buzzsaw :smalltongue:

Also - good game, guys. I see Bookworm had me fooled, though - if I ever bothered to scry him, I'd kill him myself :smalltongue:

Out of curiosity, did other MI6 agents also had him in their start PMs? And what message you got, Bookworm, as it obviously wasn't the same as mine?

happyturtle
2009-11-06, 01:07 PM
I don't think the game is over yet, Trixie. :smallconfused:

Elder Tsofu
2009-11-06, 01:13 PM
4 left, might be over next night if we are lucky/unlucky then. :smalltongue:

Trixie
2009-11-06, 01:24 PM
I don't think the game is over yet, Trixie. :smallconfused:

For interested parties (guys I asked) - yes, it is :smalltongue:

happyturtle
2009-11-06, 01:40 PM
Yeah, but I don't think the discussion should go on in front of the people who are still playing. Take it to PM. :smallwink:

Trixie
2009-11-06, 02:07 PM
Awww, but this thread was so boring before it. :smallfrown:

And besides, I haven't kept track, but I think our factions were wiped out, 2 out of the 3, at least. If FM has any problems with it, we'll stop, though.

Elder Tsofu
2009-11-06, 02:14 PM
Dang I just realised...
Hopefully people will stay put somewhere, or there will be a lot of travelling now. :smallsigh:

Freshmeat
2009-11-06, 02:32 PM
A quick note: roughly speaking, rogue agents got slightly easier win conditions than the rest to compensate for the fact that, well, they're on their own. In future installments, I might introduce the ability for rogue agents to stay in the game after they've completed their objectives if they feel like going for a super-duper 'last man standing' win.

Awww, but this thread was so boring before it. :smallfrown:

And besides, I haven't kept track, but I think our factions were wiped out, 2 out of the 3, at least. If FM has any problems with it, we'll stop, though.

Feel free to discuss anything you'd like, although be careful not to say anything that might still influence the game, such as which factions are still alive and which aren't.

Dang I just realised...
Hopefully people will stay put somewhere, or there will be a lot of travelling now. :smallsigh:

Since I suspected that such a situation might occur, I've been playing with the idea of closing off one city to reduce the playing field (literally) and prevent people from chasing eachother throughout the entire game. But so far, it hasn't really been much of a problem yet. I'm seriously considering to simply start the game with only 3 cities next time, just to be safe, which would probably increase early-game action at the same time.

Elder Tsofu
2009-11-06, 03:38 PM
Then we'll see what will happen then - how to close down a whole city?
The possibilities... :smallbiggrin:

Lord Magtok
2009-11-06, 04:14 PM
The Baroness peers down at her latest conquest. "And you're a pretty good kisser too. I hope Dr Malpractice won't do too much damage to you. I want to keep you as a pet."

The good doctor sighs.

"Yet another unfortunate soul stumbles his way into my humble office. Tragic, and yet strangely wonderful. The Baroness has asked that I keep damage to a minimum, see to keeping you more or less...intact. A boon for you, my friend, but a cruel curse and shame for those charming little skeletal arrangements you may've seen on your way in. I have to say though, her ideas for your future are...creative."

A small grin spreads across the madman's face as the unconscious and unwilling patient goes under the knife.

happyturtle
2009-11-06, 04:26 PM
Hannah's phone beeps at her again, and checks her messages. "I do so love watching you work, Malpractice, but it seems I'm due in London to gruesomely avenge Pappa's death in a narration 13 posts back. Could you arrange to have my friend shipped to my secret lair when you're finished with him?"

The Bookworm
2009-11-06, 06:06 PM
Damn it, Baroness! I suppose I deserved, but still...

happyturtle
2009-11-06, 06:08 PM
My name is Hannah Pea Turtle! You killed my father! Prepare to have already been killed horribly! :smallbiggrin:

Lord Magtok
2009-11-06, 06:10 PM
The doctor nods.

"Certainly, Barroness. I'll send via UPS as soon as possible. It'll be the brown box shaking erratically and screaming for mercy."

happyturtle
2009-11-06, 06:11 PM
"Thank you, darling." She kisses Malpractice on the cheek, and saunters out of the hotel room and into the night.

Thufir
2009-11-06, 10:30 PM
Damn. I didn't think there was anyone else in London, or I would've set an ambush...

RedScholarGypsy
2009-11-06, 10:40 PM
I've been keeping my name off this forum since the game started, as I like keeping a low profile for these types of games. I have to admit though, I've not talked to Trixie, and that comment has made me skittish. They won't influence the game, as I'm not changing my course of actions now, so it's not me being like 'Trixie is ruining the game'. Anything but, as I agree the thread was kinda dead and boring(save the rping:smallsmile:) But you really don't know what little comment can in fact affect the game, so in future please keep off-forum knowledge unsaid, even by implication.

That said, I think the four of us remaining know most of the score, roles and alias wise. So unless there's a betrayal in the works, this just boils down to a giant rock paper scissors game right? And we can't walk away as we all need someone else dead to win. So to the remaining players: good luck, and please die.:smallamused:

Edit: And Freshmeat, when can you get rid of that avatar? He's such an annoying jerk:smallyuk:.

Fleeing Coward
2009-11-06, 11:18 PM
Out of curiosity, did other MI6 agents also had him in their start PMs? And what message you got, Bookworm, as it obviously wasn't the same as mine?

I didn't although I would have scried Bookworm as an infiltraitor if I didn't die due to my own stupidity :smalltongue:

Freshmeat
2009-11-07, 01:48 PM
Day 8 ends

(figured there would be more movement, actually)

Night 9 begins

happyturtle
2009-11-07, 02:12 PM
Magnus should find himself in a coffin shaped crate about now, which is standing mostly upright. It's leaned back at just enough of an angle so that when someone pries off the lid, as someone is doing right now, he doesn't immediately topple out.

As his eyes adjust to the light, he sees the Baroness, in a gown even slinkier and more figure revealing than the one she wore to the opera smiling at him sweetly.

"Are you feeling okay, darling?"

Opeth_Freak
2009-11-08, 08:41 PM
Still a bit Dizzy, Magnus looks at the Baroness and that weird contraption, which is limiting his movement options. Still more or less unaware of what happened (probably due to sedative), he asks:

"What is this thing? Is that some kind fetish you forgot to inform me beforehand?"

happyturtle
2009-11-09, 07:43 AM
Hannah chuckles, "You could say that, darling. Let me help you out of the shipping container there, and I'll demonstrate."

She takes his hand and helps him down, though his legs are probably weak enough to cause him to collapse against her. Not that he probably minds that side effect. She certainly doesn't. :smallwink:

Funky Goose
2009-11-09, 01:46 PM
Awwwwww...
:smallfrown:
no more freshmeat nose elephant thing...

We should get you to have a new one of those every week!

*HINT HINT*

:smallwink:

Mordokai
2009-11-09, 01:51 PM
Well, I still have few spells left... :smallbiggrin:

Freshmeat
2009-11-09, 03:26 PM
Night 9 ends

It was a dark and stormy night, and Mr. Floorboard had decided it was time to off Wallace Link for good. With a sawn-off shotgun hidden under his coat, he felt confident Link would go down tonight.

What Mr. Floorboard didn't know however, was that Wallace Link had been up late cleaning his guns and watching reruns of bad soap operas. In doing so, he heard the sound of shuffling feet at his door, loud enough to be heard, but also soft enough to suggest whoever was out there didn't want to be heard.

What Wallace Link didn't know was that Mr. Floorboard had already considered the possibility of his approach being detected, and had thus hired a goon to ring at the door. Either he would kill Link outright, or he'd distract him long enough for Mr. Floorboard to slip in unnoticed by the window.

What Mr. Floorboard didn't know was that Wallace Link had tripwires and motion sensors installed on his roof, which would alert him to any suspicious activity. Sure, it may have earned him the nickname 'The Cat Slaughterer of Berlin' once he figured out the obvious flaw in his plan and took decisive measures against it, but it would work like a charm now.

What Wallace Link didn't know was that Mr. Floorboard had found a way to bypass the security on the roof... by not using the roof. Mr. Floorboard was quite proud of that one. Instead, he would use the backdoor, which he knew wasn't trapped and had an easily-avoidable motion sensor next to it.

What Mr. Floorboard didn't know was that Wallace Link actually wanted would-be attackers to come in through the backdoor, as the backdoor led into a cramped room full of garbage, tin cans and sharp metal edges, and the floor was oily and wet.

What Wallace Link didn't know was that Mr. Floorboard was enough of a cat burglar to make it through such a room without bumping into something, slipping and/or making a noise, as well as deactivate the claymore Wallace Link had left there and had already forgotten about.

At this point, Wallace Link is out of options and will die in a straight-up fight.

Plan by Mr. Floorboard

Mr. Floorboard nodded to himself. It was a good plan and followed a clear, logical chain of events that could only lead to Link's death. He knew Wallace Link's house inside out, as well as the amount of resistance he could expect, and thus foresaw no trouble whatsoever.

What he didn't know, was that while he had been planning all of this, Wallace Link had simply snuck up on him with a knife. It wasn't until he got stabbed in the back that Mr. Floorboard realized that maybe he should've taken similar precautions in regards to his own safety...

Summary:
Dr. House set up an ambush, but none of his intended targets attacked him.
Mr. Floorboard set up an ambush, but none of his intended targets attacked him.
Wallace Link tried to assassinate Mr. Floorboard, believing him to be Elder Tsofu. The attack failed.
Dr. House tried to assassinate Gunnar Axelsson, believing him to be Funky Goose. The attack failed.
Mr. Floorboard tried to assassinate Wallace Link, believing him to be garble garble blargh blargh (Mr. Floorboard was successfully ambushed by Wallace Link)

Mr. Floorboard (Funky Goose) was ambushed in Berlin.
He was Ward Abott, secret agent and a leader of Treadstone.

Player list:
Opeth Freak [The Night Hawk], Jason Bourne (rogue agent), killed night 3 Murska [Johann Winters], SMERSH Infiltrator, killed night 5 Mordokai [Nikolas Yianni], M (MI6), killed night 5 Fleeing Coward [Homer Simpson], James Bond (MI6) - killed night 5
Trixie [Alias Smith], MI6 Infiltrator - killed night 7 Cristo Meyers [Jason Webb], Alexander Conklin (Treadstone) - killed night 7 Banjo1985 [Pygmalion Turner], The Professor (Treadstone asset) - killed night 7 gothicbob , Mr. White (Quantum) - killed night 8 [s]The Bookworm [Colonel Frederick Sloan], Rogue Infiltrator (Quantum) - killed night 8 Thufir, Donovan 'Red" Grant (SMERSH asset) - killed night 8 Irbis (formerly smuchmuch), Ethan Hunt (rogue agent) - escaped to Moscow night 8 Funky Goose [Mr. Floorboard], Ward Abbot (Treadstone) - killed night 9
Dr. Bath
Elder Tsofu
RedScholarGypsy

Alias list:
Pygmalion Turner [Banjo], The Professor (Treadstone asset) - killed night 7 Space McGee [gothicbob], Mr. White (Quantum) - killed night 8 Colonel Frederick Sloan [The Bookworm], Rogue Infiltrator (Quantum) - killed night 8 Roger D. Foxtrot [Thufir], Donovan "Red" Grant (SMERSH asset) - killed night 8 Jhon Stevens [Irbis (formerly smuchmuch)], Ethan Hunt (rogue agent) - escaped to Moscow night 8 Mr Floorboard [Funky Goose], Ward Abbot (Treadstone) - killed night 9
Dr. House
Gunnar Axelsson
Wallace Link

Day 9 begins

Elder Tsofu
2009-11-09, 03:31 PM
And then they were three. :smallwink:

Edit:
As London is the only city without a agent in it I will travel there today.
If the doctor or Wallace want to drop by for a cup of tea with biscuits you know where to find me. :smallsmile:

RedScholarGypsy
2009-11-09, 11:23 PM
...I Thought I knew who was who...oppsie:smallredface:.

I may take you up on that Mr. Tsofu. Wagamama is an excellent resturant you must try.:smallsmile:

Freshmeat, please autonotify me for the next iteration of this. I'm having way too much fun. :smallbiggrin:

Elder Tsofu
2009-11-10, 02:53 AM
It sounds deliiightfull. :smallbiggrin:
I'll eagerly await your arrival then.

The Bookworm
2009-11-10, 07:17 AM
I may take you up on that Mr. Tsofu. Wagamama is an excellent resturant you must try.:smallsmile:

Wait a minute... You all get to go to Wagamama? :smallfrown: Bring my corpse; I want to go!

Thufir
2009-11-10, 07:34 AM
Wait a minute... You all get to go to Wagamama? :smallfrown: Bring my corpse; I want to go!

Over my dead body!
Oh, right.

Well, leave flowers on my grave or something while you're there.

happyturtle
2009-11-10, 07:49 AM
The Baroness decides that it is time to begin monologuing.

"I'm afraid I haven't been completely honest with you Magnus. You see, I knew who you were before I arrived at the opera. In fact, I arranged to be seated next to you for the express purpose of meeting you."

"You see, you were the last member of the OMGlympics committee that I needed to seduce and betray. The others have been implanted with bombs, which I shall detonate if they don't follow their instructions exactly."

"But you, my dear Magnus..." She smiles at him, as she runs a finger down his cheek. "I had a different fate in mind for you." :smallamused:

RedScholarGypsy
2009-11-10, 11:11 AM

*Grabs a shovel* If we're going to Wagamama, we leave no one behind! :smallamused:

Mordokai
2009-11-10, 11:21 AM
*sicks zombies on RSG*

Leave... me... alone! A corpse can't even rest in peace...

Freshmeat
2009-11-10, 06:11 PM
Day 9 ends

Dr. House moved to another city.
Gunnar Axelsson moved to another city.
Wallace Link moved to another city.

(The plot thickens)

Night 10 begins

Opeth_Freak
2009-11-10, 07:25 PM
The Baroness decides that it is time to begin monologuing.

"I'm afraid I haven't been completely honest with you Magnus. You see, I knew who you were before I arrived at the opera. In fact, I arranged to be seated next to you for the express purpose of meeting you."

"You see, you were the last member of the OMGlympics committee that I needed to seduce and betray. The others have been implanted with bombs, which I shall detonate if they don't follow their instructions exactly."

"But you, my dear Magnus..." She smiles at him, as she runs a finger down his cheek. "I had a different fate in mind for you." :smallamused:

"What... What are you talking about, Hannah?" Asked Magnus, still a bit dizzy from sedative, and STILL unaware of how bad his situation was. "What bombs? What instructions? And why? It's just OMGlympics, we don't rule the world behind the curtain..."

happyturtle
2009-11-10, 07:28 PM
"Rule the world? What a dreadful job. I can't imagine why anyone would want it. No, I have something much more delightful in mind."

And with that, she picks up something that looks a little like a game console controller and begins to operate it. The machinery that Dr Malpractice installed in Magnus's skeleton whirs to life, and he finds himself, quite without his voluntary assistance, doing a Silly Walk (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqhlQfXUk7w) around the room.

Elder Tsofu
2009-11-11, 03:04 AM
What wouldn't I give for an travel-scry at this point... :smallbiggrin:

Opeth_Freak
2009-11-11, 06:01 AM
"Rule the world? What a dreadful job. I can't imagine why anyone would want it. No, I have something much more delightful in mind."

And with that, she picks up something that looks a little like a game console controller and begins to operate it. The machinery that Dr Malpractice installed in Magnus's skeleton whirs to life, and he finds himself, quite without his voluntary assistance, doing a Silly Walk (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqhlQfXUk7w) around the room.

"Whoa, what the..." Magnus finally realized, he was pretty much screwed at that point. Despite all of this, he decided to play it cool. "Ok... So that's your evil plan? Other guys are also making silly walks, or they'll explode? Or maybe that's just a test, and soon we'll all start moonwalking to Michael Jackson's music?"

happyturtle
2009-11-11, 08:47 AM
"No! My evil plan is that the OMGlympics committee will make the Silly Walk an official OMGlympic sport!" Hannah explodes. "I want to see competitions in the 100 metre, 200 metre, 400 metre hurdles, 4 x 400 metre relay, and the Silly Walk Marathon!"

Magnus just might be getting the suspicion about now that the Baroness is not entirely sane.

"I implanted the bombs in the others to ensure that they'll add these events to the schedule. And you will enter all of them, and bring home the gold! Muahahahahahaha!"

Yes, she evil-laughs. She can't really help herself.

Opeth_Freak
2009-11-11, 09:13 AM
"Uhm... So you mean, all this espionage, all this delusion, and all this technology to force silly walking sports into OMGlympics? I hate to break it for you, but we were going to do it next year anyway..."

That was bluff from Magnus (Silly Walk Marathon? WTF?), but when your body refuses to act, you can only play your trump card with words.

happyturtle
2009-11-11, 09:18 AM
Hannah's face lights up. "You were? Oh Magnus! I knew we were made for one another!"

She pushes the button combo that returns to Magnus the use of his limbs, and throws herself into his arms.

Freshmeat
2009-11-11, 06:08 PM
Night 10 ends
Wallace Link was in his kitchen cutting up celery in a far more dramatic and over-the-top fashion than ought to be allowed. He was glad that he'd finally killed the one who destroyed his fancy attack helicopter. At least he still had his 4x4, dented though it was from all those times when he tried to ram people off bridges.

Once he was finished with preparing his food, which turned out to be some kind of strange celery soup, he was surprised to hear an explosion outside. So surprised, in fact, that he dropped his soup all over himself. When he looked outside, it turned out that someone had put a car bomb under his 4x4, and it triggered when a vagrant tried to steal it.

Shaking his fist in a random direction, Wallace Link vowed (also dramatically) never to become the victim of such injustices again. And, for lack of a proper mode of transport, to get his tricycle from the garage.

Summary:
Gunnar Axelsson set up an ambush, but none of his intended targets attacked him.
Gunnar Axelsson tried to assassinate Wallace Link, believing him to be Dr. Bath. The attack failed.

Day 10 begins

Dr. Bath
2009-11-11, 06:36 PM
I'm hurt. Why would someone try and kill little old me? :smallfrown:

RedScholarGypsy
2009-11-11, 07:48 PM
I think we are basically in a Mexican Standoff right now. And we all know how those end, Right!:smallbiggrin:

Elder Tsofu
2009-11-12, 01:52 AM
Bah, apparently the police can't do their work properly! :smallannoyed:

Opeth_Freak
2009-11-12, 07:52 AM
Hannah's face lights up. "You were? Oh Magnus! I knew we were made for one another!"

She pushes the button combo that returns to Magnus the use of his limbs, and throws herself into his arms.

Magnus grabbed the Baroness with his finally-free arms.

"Of course we are, Hannah. I never doubted it for a second..."

Now, I need to remember the things they learned me on those self-defense courses... This instant-paralyze point on the neck was...

Magnus hit the spot on Hannah's neck with one of his hands.

...Here?

happyturtle
2009-11-12, 10:27 AM
Hannah is just beginning to run her hands through Magnus's hair and pull him close for a passionate kiss when he hits her on the neck.

A look of hurt betrayal flashes in her eyes before they roll back in her head. Unconscious, she collapses at his feet.

Trixie
2009-11-12, 01:00 PM
Now, now, you're just being creepy :smalleek:

Freshmeat
2009-11-12, 06:06 PM
Day 10 ends

Gunnar Axelsson has traveled, again, to another city
(he sure gets around a lot)

Night 11 begins

Elder Tsofu
2009-11-13, 09:51 AM
A true globetrotter indeed.
I suggest that the International Transport Corporation (ITC) open up new destinations like: Tokyo, New York, Cape Town, The deep and unmapped Amazons and Sydney to help him in his quest.

Opeth_Freak
2009-11-13, 10:10 AM
Hannah is just beginning to run her hands through Magnus's hair and pull him close for a passionate kiss when he hits her on the neck.

A look of hurt betrayal flashes in her eyes before they roll back in her head. Unconscious, she collapses at his feet.

"Whew... Close one. I'm sorry Honey, but as a betrayer extraordinaire, you should at least except that someone may try to do it on you as well. Now the only thing left is..."

Magnus took the controller and tried several different button combo to free himself. His first tries were no good, as he started to dance Charleston. Thankfully, Magnus as a proud owner of PS3, quickly managed to master the controls, and finally found the combo to free himself. Also, by some sheer luck, he found the button to open and close that silly contraption, he was locked in earlier, so he wasted no time with placing Baroness inside it, and closing it.

Finally as the last thing, Magnus grabbed his cell phone (how the heck it was still with him? That's a mystery...), and began calling the Police.

Magnus von Michaelsson may not look like it, but in fact before joining the OMGlympics committee, he was one of the better agents in International Espionage Forces, who still remembered some of his skills.

happyturtle
2009-11-13, 10:59 PM
Hannah wakes up in the shipping coffin.

What the...

I was betrayed?

I was betrayed?!

:furious:

She screams and bangs futilely on the lid of the container.

Meanwhile, elsewhere in Europe, the bombs inside the various members of the OMGlympics committee are ticking.

Freshmeat
2009-11-14, 07:26 PM
Night 11 ends
Gunnar Axelsson was checking the pictures he'd taken with his camera. At first he was pleased at how beautifully he had captured the beauty of the Notre Dame and the Louvre and the countless other interesting sights in Paris, but after a while he began to get annoyed that no matter what he did, there was always a mime in the background. Gunnar made a mental note to edit those out later with Photoshop. No mimes would ruin his globetrotting cultural experience!

During his visit to Paris, Gunnar made sure to save the best for last: the Eiffel Tower. There was no doubt in his mind that the view from above would be great, and would be ten times as interesting as any of the sights he'd seen in London, Berlin and Rome. Sure, he was supposed to work on this 'secret agent' business, but that was only secondary to getting a relaxing vacation, all paid by the agency. All in all, this espionage thing was a pretty sweet gig. And not dangerous at all!

When Gunnar Axelsson reached the top of the tower, he was pleased to see that he was alone up there. Not giving this rather odd occurence too much thought, he walked over to the railing and watched across the Parisian landscape. The view was indeed breathtaking.

Unfortunately for Gunnar, so was Wallace Link's garrote that was suddenly slung around his neck.

Summary:
Wallace Link tried to assassinate Gunnar Axelsson, believing him to be RedScholarGypsy. The attack failed.
Wallace Link tried to assassinate Gunnar Axelsson, believing him to be Elder Tsofu. The attack succeeded.

Gunnar Axelsson (Elder Tsofu) was garroted on top of La Tour Eiffel in Paris (sacre bleu!).
He was Rosa Klebb, secret agent and a leader of SMERSH.

Player list:
Trixie [Alias Smith], MI6 Infiltrator - killed night 7 Cristo Meyers [Jason Webb], Alexander Conklin (Treadstone) - killed night 7 Banjo1985 [Pygmalion Turner], The Professor (Treadstone asset) - killed night 7 gothicbob , Mr. White (Quantum) - killed night 8 [s]The Bookworm [Colonel Frederick Sloan], Rogue Infiltrator (Quantum) - killed night 8 Thufir, Donovan 'Red" Grant (SMERSH asset) - killed night 8 Irbis (formerly smuchmuch), Ethan Hunt (rogue agent) - escaped to Moscow night 8 Funky Goose [Mr. Floorboard], Ward Abbot (Treadstone) - killed night 9 Elder Tsofu [Gunnar Axelsson], Rosa Klebb (SMERSH) - killed night 11
Dr. Bath
RedScholarGypsy

Alias list:
Pygmalion Turner [Banjo], The Professor (Treadstone asset) - killed night 7 Space McGee [gothicbob], Mr. White (Quantum) - killed night 8 Colonel Frederick Sloan [The Bookworm], Rogue Infiltrator (Quantum) - killed night 8 Roger D. Foxtrot [Thufir], Donovan "Red" Grant (SMERSH asset) - killed night 8 Jhon Stevens [Irbis (formerly smuchmuch)], Ethan Hunt (rogue agent) - escaped to Moscow night 8 Mr Floorboard [Funky Goose], Ward Abbot (Treadstone) - killed night 9 Gunnar Axelsson [Elder Tsofu], Rosa Klebb (SMERSH) - killed night 11
Dr. House
Wallace Link

Day 11 begins

billtodamax
2009-11-14, 07:29 PM
It's down to the final two! Will they kill each other! Will they desperately hop around cities! Will they ambush! Only time will tell!

Dr. Bath
2009-11-14, 09:12 PM
Ta you fine dandy so proud, so ****-sure. Prancin' aboot with your heads full of eyeballs! Come and get me I say! I'll be waiting on ya with a whiff of the 'ol brimstone. I'm a grim bloody fable....with an unhappy bloody end!

Bring it Kronsteen.

RedScholarGypsy
2009-11-15, 01:26 AM
Dr. Bath versus Dr. House. Let the malpractice begin.:smallamused:

Elder Tsofu
2009-11-15, 08:43 AM
Bah, I hope you ambush each other you bastards. :smalltongue:

RedScholarGypsy
2009-11-15, 10:48 AM
I never attacked you Tsofu, though I did join you in London and could have done so:smallfrown:. You wound me.

Vwulf DeMarcus
2009-11-15, 11:11 AM
Sign me up for next one? or just autonotify.

Dr. Bath
2009-11-15, 11:26 AM
Bah, I hope you ambush each other you bastards. :smalltongue:

If you'd just killed RSG like I asked you to, none of this would have had to happen!

Elder Tsofu
2009-11-15, 11:37 AM
I'm not that much of a bastard Dr. Bath. :smallwink:

And RED, sorry I didn't dare staying around with a man who suspects I'm his enemy in disguise - no telling what such a person might take into his head. :smalltongue:

Dr. Bath
2009-11-15, 11:58 AM
Well less people would have to die, Tsofu. I was looking out for you, looking out for the human race, I don't need carnage, just revenge. But then what did you do? You went and repeatedly tried to kill me. It hurts, man. Hurts me here *taps heart*

happyturtle
2009-11-15, 12:01 PM
"Somebody let me out of here!" *bang bang bang on the inside of the shipping coffin*

Opeth_Freak
2009-11-15, 12:26 PM
"Sure... You'll soon be free. Just wait for the police..." Magnus smiled and dialed the number on his cell phone.

"Hello? Yeah... Yeah, I know. I know, I'm not supposed to use this line, but this is quite important... Yes I checked it, there's no way to track or eavesdrop this call... Yes, I jammed the line, IT'S SAFE! I have important things to do, can we get the point? Good... Listen, I'm in a room full of technology, and I know that several people around the world have bombs planted inside them. I'm assuming that the defusing controller is somewhere around here, but I'm not sure where to start... Ok, FINE I'll give you back the money I owe you, just help me... Ok, so what should I do? Nothing, just leave my cellphone like that? Wow, you got a new technology, or something? Allright, allright, Top Secret, I know the drill. Ok, 2 minutes? Cool. Good luck!"

Magnus once again spoked to Baroness. "So where was I? Ah yes... So, how does it make you feel? Being defeated by your own weapon?" :smallamused:

happyturtle
2009-11-15, 12:31 PM
"..."

"I guess that means you're the cleverest opponent I ever faced," she says, her voice full of admiration. "Just imagine what we could achieve if we worked together, darling."

Murska
2009-11-15, 12:43 PM
Meanwhile nearby a man once known as Johann Winters, or actually someone so much like him there's practically no difference, was checking the equipment he had gotten for himself from one of his stashes.

Checking, as in aiming an RPG from a window to the road passing below.

"Oh now, let's see..." He corrected his aim slightly and fired just as a truck secretly carrying a shipment of MI6 explosives was passing underneath.

The truck lost control and caught fire, and with an impressive aerial backflip fell through the wall of a government building, exploding in a huge fireball.

"Knew the stuff I figured out from Bond and M was gonna be useful some day." He shouldered the weapon and jumped back into the room. "Now it's time to go pay a visit to my dear daughter."

Opeth_Freak
2009-11-15, 12:50 PM
"Oh please... I'm really sorry, but I don't think I'm really into womans, who stab me with a syringe, whenever I want go to bed with them. So I guess, I'll just pa..."

KABOOM!

"Whoa, what the..."

happyturtle
2009-11-15, 01:02 PM
Deciding that manipulation isn't going to work, she braces herself against the back of the coffin and wedges the points of her stiletto heels into the joints where the front of the coffin meets the walls.

BOOM! The little stilleto embedded explosives go off, causing the front of the coffin to fall loose. A good push from inside, and it should fall off completely.

RedScholarGypsy
2009-11-15, 09:17 PM
Man, no trust. And I was going to take you out to eat after all this was done:smallbiggrin:.

Seriously though, talking to me, especially over MSN, is usually a smart move. A conversation can iron out all sorts of kinks and misunderstandings. I'm a reasonable guy.

Oh, unless you're Mustadio. But I think that's out of my system now.:smallamused:

Dr. Bath
2009-11-15, 09:22 PM
So you trusted me?

I didn't think you did. Particularly after my many stunts to try and get you 'accidentally' killed. Pah and bah! I knew you told Thufir to aim for me! They're all out to get me! and they blew up my beautiful car...

Freshmeat
2009-11-16, 04:52 AM
Sign me up for next one? or just autonotify.

Sure.

Day 11 ends

(I'll be posting the next couple of phases as soon as I get actions from both of you, so make sure that whatever you send in is final)

Night 12 begins

billtodamax
2009-11-16, 04:54 AM
I am totally in for the next one, 'Meat.

The Bookworm
2009-11-16, 06:43 AM
Me too! This was fun!

happyturtle
2009-11-16, 08:47 PM
*pokes Opeth*

Opeth_Freak
2009-11-16, 09:10 PM
I thought it's Murska's turn, as he decided to join us... Ah well, I'll post something tomorrow in that case.

happyturtle
2009-11-16, 09:11 PM
He says he's waiting for the right moment to make his entrance. :smalltongue:

Freshmeat
2009-11-17, 06:57 AM
((I'll go over the reservee list proper at the end of this game. It's quite extensive at this point))

Night 12 ends
To Wallace Link, this had gone past 'business'. This time, it was personal. But today, at last, he would settle the final score. He'd tracked his target's movements down, found the perfect sniper spot and had practiced his shooting again and again. He knew he would not fail. So when the moment where he got his mark in his sights finally came, he gently pulled the trigger... and shot true.

That morning, in the 'Journal de Paris':
Sniper shoots Mime in broad daylight!

http://pagasus.org/pbf/images/PBF114-Mime_City(1)_gif.jpg

"Eh bien. Sacre bleu!" Inspector Poirot was quoted as saying. "I do not understand zees. Why would someone kill un mime? The Clown Riots of '88 are a thing of le past."

"So you suspect disgruntled clowns of this murder, Monsieur Poirot?"

"Parbleu! Mais non! The clowns know better than to incite the anger of the mimes again. This is the work of a professional assassin, and nom d'une pipe, I will find him!"

"Do you think this has anything to do with the recent string of murders throughout Europe? I'm referring to the deaths of of several key members of MI6, the Treadstone project and SMERSH, to name a few."

"Eet ees possible, but I can say no more at this point. Now if you'll excusez-moi, I have a crime scene to investigate. Maybe the killer dropped cigarette ash or left a massive footprint somewhere."

"Thank you for this interview, Monsieur Poirot."

Summary:
Wallace Link tried to assassinate Dr. House, believing him to be RedScholarGypsy. The attack failed.

Day 12 begins

Elder Tsofu
2009-11-17, 07:04 AM
Hehe, the stories are as entertaining to read as when I was alive. ^^

Dr. Bath
2009-11-17, 07:18 PM
I see your game, Wallace Link! Pretending to attack yourself I don't find out your real identity! You'll not fool me, Dr. House!

RedScholarGypsy
2009-11-17, 08:29 PM
I swear if one of us gets killed because we messed up the alias, there will be much mockery.:smallamused:

Dr. Bath
2009-11-17, 08:42 PM
Man, thinking back, I totally should have picked Spartacus for my alias.

Freshmeat
2009-11-18, 06:54 AM
Day 12 ends

Night 13 begins

Freshmeat
2009-11-19, 02:26 PM
Night 13 ends

Dr. House was sitting at home, half-asleep, a gun on his chest. He expected to hear soft footsteps, the cocking of a gun, perhaps an explosion. Any signs of an impending attack on his life. As such, the sudden ringing of his phone caught him off-guard. After a moment of hesitation, he picked up the receiver.
It was Wallace Link.

Well, this is rather awkard. Dr House thought to himself. From what he could gather from Wallace's barely-understandable Scottisch brogue, his nemesis was upset that he was sitting at home doing nothing when he should be attacking him. Dr. House returned the question, wondering why Link wasn't attacking him instead. The conversation quickly turned to (possibly drunken) threats and random taunts, before the mood lightened and both of them held a contest of one-upmanship by bragging about how deadly the ambush they laid was. Wallace Link admitted defeat when Dr. House mentioned the alligator. After a few more hours of talking, both men realized neither of them were in a killing mood today, so they went off to bed.

Quite a friendly chap, that Wallace. Dr. House thought to himself.
Too bad I'll have to kill him one of these days.

Summary:
Wallace Link set up an ambush. No one attacked him.
Dr. House set up an ambush. No one attacked him.

Special: both of you can now PM me a list with all four cities in the game (Paris, Rome, London, Berlin) with a value of 1, 2, 3 or 4 assigned to it. The city with the highest total (combined from both lists) will be closed off at the end of day 15. The city with the second-highest value will be shut down at the end of on day 16. The results of this vote will be announced at the end of the next phase.

Additional Information:
What if there's a tie in the vote?
In case of a tie between values, I'll randomize he result between both tied cities.

What does 'closing off' a city mean?
It means that no one can travel to the city in question until the end of the game. Essentially, said city is removed from the game. If someone is still in a city as it closes down, that player will be sent to a random city still in the game and will be fined 3 resource points. If they can't pay, they get jailed and lose.

Why do this?
To put some sort of time limit on the game, as this might last pretty long otherwise. I'd prefer to keep interventions like these to a minimum, but the above solution seems fair, gives both Dr. Bath and RSG some time to do as they please, and prevents the game from dragging on for many more days and nights.

Day 13 begins

RedScholarGypsy
2009-11-19, 06:52 PM
Meh, start with Day 15 or sooner. There has not bee enough death recently. More death!!! Or cake if death is not an option.

And how did you know about the alligator!?!:smalleek::smallamused:

Freshmeat
2009-11-22, 09:10 AM
Day 13 ends

"...In other news, the mayor of Rome has decided to take action against the wave of crime in Europe. Starting two days from now, anyone entering the city will be subjected to serious passport controls whereas police activity will be at an all time high. Tourists will need to get a specific visa and separate papers detailing their business in Rome at their embassy until the crisis is over. Officials in Paris have stated they will take similar measures in the days to come. The mayor's statement has been met by much outcry from various trade unions, particularly..."

Summary:
Rome will be closed off at the end of day 15.
Paris will be closed off at the end of day 16.

Night 14 begins

Freshmeat
2009-11-25, 11:43 AM
Night 14 ends

Summary:
Dr. House tried to assassinate Wallace Link, believing him to be Dr. Bath. The attack failed.
Wallace Link tried to assassinate Dr. House, believing him to be RSG. The attack failed.

Day 14 begins

RedScholarGypsy
2009-11-25, 08:37 PM
Honestly, can't we just kill each other and call it a draw?:smallamused: Actually, Freshmeat said we could call it a draw, and I'd rather not drag this out any more. It's at this point a coin flip(though a complicated one) and this could last weeks. We've played well, so let's end it. Deal?

happyturtle
2009-11-25, 09:13 PM
Finally free from the shipping coffin, the Baroness faced down the man who had dared to reject her. "Freeze, Magnus," she snarls, aiming at him with a lipstick.

Dr. Bath
2009-11-26, 02:37 PM
Honestly, can't we just kill each other and call it a draw?:smallamused: Actually, Freshmeat said we could call it a draw, and I'd rather not drag this out any more. It's at this point a coin flip(though a complicated one) and this could last weeks. We've played well, so let's end it. Deal?

A coin flip it is! I don't really care that much if I win or lose, but in order to stay in character I feel I should go after REVENGE above anything else, particularly something as trivial as personal safety. :smalltongue:

If you don't want a coin flip, I guess a draw would kinda do. I guess.

RedScholarGypsy
2009-11-26, 09:10 PM
Well, we could rp it as you coming to work for SMERSH, me not knowing that you will try to kill me one day. And I'll probably try to send you to your death some day. So daily routine in the spy business:smallamused:.

Freshmeat
2009-11-28, 06:48 AM
If you two want a coinflip (one dies, one lives), I'm fine with that. A draw (both live) is okay with me as well. So, which of the two will it be?

Elder Tsofu
2009-11-28, 07:02 AM
So, which of the two will it be?

Why not flip a coin about it? :smallwink:

Dr. Bath
2009-11-28, 08:39 AM
I'd personally like a coin flip, but if RSG doesn't want it, a draw is fine too.

RedScholarGypsy
2009-11-28, 11:10 AM
Fine, do a coin flip Tsofu. I like those odds.

Dr. Bath
2009-11-28, 11:20 AM
I call heads.

Freshmeat
2009-11-28, 11:41 AM
All right. Writing the end-of-game post as we speak.

Freshmeat
2009-11-28, 01:01 PM
Day 14 ends

It was already late when Wallace Link arrived. He'd been in contact with Dr. House for several days already and the both of them had been sending encoded messages back and forth to each other. After the obligatory taunting, they had moved on to discussing a place to meet so they could end this once and for all. At last they settled on a place that both of them deemed satisfactory: an abandoned factory in Paris.

Wallace Link felt reasonably certain that Dr. House had already taken up a position somewhere inside by the time he arrived, but the factory has so many entry points that this hardly put Wallace at a disadvantage. Both of them had studied the location thoroughly in the past few days, at least in as much as one could find and learn from old records, floorplans and photos. Wallace Link had also taken the time to study his opponent carefully, and he now could say with reasonable confidence that this 'Dr. House' he would face was none other than Tov Kronsteen, a big figure among the SMERSH. Possibly affiliated with other shady organizations as well.
By the same token, Kronsteen probably already knew that 'Wallace Link' was former MI6 operative 006, now just Alec Trevelyan, a rogue agent.

Rats, bugs, spiders and other small creatures had infested the place, Kronsteen noticed as he snuck about elsewhere in the factory. Being a world-renowned chess champion, he figured that he'd have the advantage over the well-trained 006, as long as the battle was on his terms. He'd already placed numerous traps all over the place, and installed a makeshift radar system. Still, due to the unusual architecture and thick walls, most radio signals were simply too weak to be picked up. No wonder 006 agreed to fighting at this place. As he snuck about further, Kronsteen suddenly heard the slightest of noise behind him and, gun at the ready, he turned around. A rat? Or bigger prey?

While moving closer, his motion sensor suddenly emitted a small 'beep', this time indicating movement to his right. Having seen Alien, Kronsteen decided to take no chances: he reached for a device in his belt and detonated the satchel charges he'd placed earlier in all nearby corridors. The explosion shook the building. The ceiling almost collapsed, but ultimately held. Dust was everywhere, and the panicking shrieks of rats echoed throughout the factory halls. Just as he was about to inspect the area further and possibly set up his private lair elsewhere in the building, 006 attacked from the dusty mists and a violent scuffle ensued.

'Wallace Link' was covered in blood and dirt, but quickly gained the upper hand. Although swift kick from Kronsteen had disarmed him and the both of them were now at it mano-a-mano, he felt confident that in close combat he had the upper hand. Steadily punching and battering his opponent into a bloody mess, 006 was surprised to suddenly hear a soft 'click' in all of the carnage. Kronsteen began laughing softly.
"Here's a little present from Rosa Klebb, comrade."

Before Alec Trevelyan knew was was happening, the Russian had kicked him in the leg, but rather than blunt trauma, 006 felt a sharp, stinging pain. He looked down to see a knife sticking out from Kronsteen's shoe. No doubt poisoned.

006 scurried over to where his gun laid on the ground, but felt his feet giving way before he got there. The poison was taking a hold on him.

"You were a worthy opponent, mister Trevelyan." Kronsteen said as he stood up. He watched his opponent squirm on the ground for a few moments. "But you shouldn't have messed with the SMERSH."
The poison coursing through his blood, 006 shot a defiant look at Kronsteen, and then finally collapsed. It was all over.

Tov Kronsteen smirked. He slowly reached inside his pocket and produced an expensive looking cell phone. As he wiped some blood from his face, he dialed a number and waited for someone to pick up on the other end.
"Number 1... it's me. All resistance has been wiped out, as you asked. Europe is ours. For them, this is checkmate. For them, this is... game over."

Wallace Link (Dr. Bath) was shot and killed (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2336908). (heads was 1, tails was 2)
He was Alec Trevelyan (006), a rogue agent.

Dr. House (RSG) completed his objectives and escaped to Moscow.
He was Kronsteen, a secret agent and leader of SMERSH.

The game has ended with SMERSH and Ethan Hunt as the victors!
They are more commonly known as:

RedScholarGypsy
Elder Tsofu
Thufir
Murska
Irbis

And here's a bunch of (cheap-ass) awards:

For all members of SMERSH:
http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=SMERSH Victory&b=Complete all of your mission objectives as a member of SMERSH in World Espionage I.&c=u&e=522&f=1
For Ethan Hunt/Irbis:
http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Rogue Agent Victory&b=Complete all of your mission objectives as a Rogue Agent in World Espionage I.&c=u&e=531&f=1
For Trixie, who was the first to find and kill someone:
http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=First Blood&b=Be the first to kill another agent in World Espionage I.&c=u&e=525&f=1&short
For both Dr. Bath and RSG, who killed the most people throughout the game (3 each):
http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Hitman&b=Kill the most people in World Espionage I.&c=u&e=806&f=1&short
For Dr. Bath, who ended up with a ton of resource points by the end of the game:
http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Monopolist&b=Earn the most money in World Espionage I.&c=u&e=1004&f=2&short
For Elder Tsofu, who simply couldn't sit still:
http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Tourist&b=Visit all cities at least once in World Espionage I.&c=u&e=1909&f=1&short

Thank you all for playing!

RedScholarGypsy
2009-11-28, 02:17 PM
Woot! All hail the Lady, whose name shall not be spoken, for she is glorious!

*Toasts Vodka with Irbis*

Great game. Auto sign up for next one please. Also, might I recommend that the number of cities is never greater than the number of remaining players? That way it reduces naturally, and you just get rid of the unoccupied city.

Also, can we have all win conditions listed please? I'm very curious about what was true and lies.

Murska
2009-11-28, 05:03 PM
Yes! Go SMERSH! :smallbiggrin:

happyturtle
2009-11-28, 05:05 PM
But the Baroness is still standing and aiming a lipstick at Magnus. I need closure! :smalltongue:

Opeth_Freak
2009-11-28, 05:32 PM
Little distraction from an explosion, and Baroness was free again.

"Nice trick. I assume that ruckus is made by some of your allies? Nice lipstick by the way. You're going to make-up me to the death? Well good luck..." Magnus entered his battle stance learned, while he was still an agent.

Suddenly, Magnus's phone ranged. Completely anticlimactic, but that was probably something important.

"Hold on for a second..."

"Hello? Yeah... You did? Already? All of them are defused? Awesome, thanks... Now if you'll excuse me, I have a fight to do and all that kind of stuff... What do you mean, it's going to collapse? Seismic what? Oh bugger. I need to get out of here...

What do you mean, helicopter?"

Suddenly, a helicopter appeared right outside the window.

"Ok... Now I now what did you mean. But why do you even care? Oh, I get it... Sorry, but you know I'm through with it. I'm now in OMGlympics committee, and... Wait, fired? But, why?

...You bastards. Ok, I'm coming, but better give me a better paycheck for risking my life this time..."

Magnus finished the call and hid the phone in his pocket.

"Change of plans, honey. This thing is gonna collapse in a minute. I mean, that would be very climatic and stuff, but my... 'Friends' are waiting outside. Don't worry though. We'll finish it during the sequel."

Magnus opened the window. He was ready to jump, when he thought of something. He turned himself once again to Baroness. "Oh, almost forgot. All your bombs are defused. No one is gonna get killed. Better luck next time. And frankly? Silly walk? The most stupid idea I ever heard. Cya later!"

And so, Magnus jumped right onto the helicopter, grabbed it's leg and managed to get on the board. Helicopter flew away, and Magnus waved his hand toward the falling building.

((Sorry, with Batman and RL stuff going on, I didn't have much time to RP here. Since there will be WE 2 [probably] we can finish there. Awesome game btw :smallbiggrin: Can I get a pre-in for the next game already?))

Elder Tsofu
2009-11-28, 09:28 PM
Good going Kronsteen. :smallbiggrin:
And a great game indeed - I'm eagerly awaiting a sequel.

Freshmeat
2009-11-29, 06:33 AM
Also, can we have all win conditions listed please? I'm very curious about what was true and lies.

Win conditions, extra abilities, random thoughts and planned changes:

SMERSH: They had to kill everyone not on their team, which was one of the more difficult win conditions. As the largest faction, they had strength in numbers and they had an asset and an infiltrator too, but none of them knew each other at the start. They were also the obvious 'bad guys', which would probably make it a little difficult for them to work together with other groups and individuals.

Treadstone: Like SMERSH, Treadstone was another evil faction (although to a lesser extent) and had to kill everyone else as well. They had an asset too but were one man short compared to SMERSH. However, both Alexander Conklin (Cristo Meyers) and Ward Abbot (Funky Goose) knew each other's identities at the start of the game, so they could coordinate their attacks better.

MI6: Their win condition was a little easier than the above two factions, and they only needed to kill Treadstone and SMERSH Operatives (and Quantum operatives once Bond died), so they could work together freely with most of the rogue agents. They were also one of the friendlier factions, so people were presumably less inclined to mistrust them outright.
All MI6 operatives had at least one special ability or held a special role (such as infiltrators). As far as weaknesses are concerned, M, Bond and the infiltrator didn't know each other at the start of the game. Furthermore, the Infiltrator was actually informed that a 'special agent' was on his side when said person was actually a mole working for Quantum.

MI6's abilities were:

M: if a SMERSH agent took a night action inside the same city as her, she would be informed of this, but not of its targets. (i.e. "you learn that at least one SMERSH agent attacked someone and gathered resources last night in Paris").
[henceforth, a similar ability will be given to all faction leaders]
James Bond: he had a similar ability, but one that worked on assets (an ability he shared with all rogue agents). In addition, Bond was informed that there was at least one Quantum mole about, and his scry would pierce their disguises.

Quantum: A two-man faction, they needed to kill slightly fewer enemies as well, but still a considerable number: M, James Bond, Alexander Conklin, Ward Abott, Kronsteen, Rosa Klebb and all rogue agents. Due to their low numbers, both Quantum members knew eachother at the start of the game, and one of them was a mole already operating inside a part of MI6.
Mr. White received a free local scry every 2nd night.

The rogue infiltrator mole (Bookworm) probably had the toughest win condition of all: keeping Mr. White alive throughout the game.

Jason Bourne: he had a relatively easy win condition, namely killing off all Treadstone members and all assets. He had an 'asset radar' much like James Bond and all other rogue agents. Unfortunately, he would scry as a Treadstone Operative to most people, which would make cooperation with other people difficult.

Ethan Hunt: the most well-rounded of rogue agents, he had to kill all infiltrators and assets. Flavor-wise, I feel his win condition could've been a little better, but oh well. He too, had an asset radar.

006: he had to kill James Bond, M, Mr. White, Kronsteen and all assets. He had an asset radar and could survive death once.

As a rule of thumb, the more difficult one’s win condition was, the more perks they got. This was mostly accomplished through faction size, faction knowledge (i.e. how many members on your team you already know or don't or think you do but actually don't) and special abilties. Rogue agents had easier win conditions than entire factions because they couldn't count on any backup.

I think the game turned out okay, but if/when I run a sequel, I'll definitely be make some balance/gameplay changes, such as:

assets: I admit freely that, while flavorful, they could've been designed better. I got at least two questions concerning them every night since they were just plain confusing. I kind of expected both faction leaders to activate them right away, but instead the assets had to sit out half the game only to be die one or two days after they did get activated. My bad. Rest assured: they'll be simplified ("dumbed down", if you will :smallbiggrin:) and will be known as "assassins" in sequels (as 'asset' sounds weird if you haven't seen the Bourne movies).

Assets received a free personal scry every second night, were immune to ambushes laid by non-rogues, could move for free (like rogue agents) and could place a tracking device on someone once during the game. The tracking device would inform the asset of the target's location at all times.
Most of these abilities were relatively subtle, but when combined they were a great boon. This is why so many people needed assets dead (directly or indirectly) and 'asset radars' were rather common. Regardless, this class will receive a big overhaul.

city numbers: Four was perhaps a bit much. Three should work better. It should help considerably as far as a slow late-game is concerned at least, and should increase the game pace a little.
infiltrators: They too, were a bit clunky. There were too many named roles about for a 'special agent' to be really trusted. I think I'll include a 'disguise' action in the next game and allow infiltrators to use it more effectively and more often. I'll probably also let infiltrators learn the win condition of anyone who belongs to the same side as someone they're disguised as, so they can blend in better.
resource points: ultimately, their strategical relevance is minimal and they just make for unnecessary bookkeeping. So they're gone now. Without resource gathering actions, the game should also maintain a better pace.
chaos vs. strategy: I think I'll lean a little closer to strategy next time. While you're not supposed to know everything at the start of the game (which factions and agents are about, who needs to do what, etc.), I'm planning on revealing more concerning classes and abilities so as to encourage sneaky behaviour and backstabbery.
more classes: commandos, detectives, thugs and mercenaries will now join the fray, each with their own areas of expertise.
and probably more things I'm forgetting here
The subscribed player list is rather large at this point, and I'll need to go over it in detail to get a better feeling of who's already in and who isn't. Still, I don't think I'll let any future games exceed the 17 or 18 player cap, or else my PM box gets too flooded.

happyturtle
2009-11-29, 07:54 AM
The Baroness made it to the window in time to toss her lipstick at the helicopter in fury.

"It was NOT a stupid idea!" :smallfurious:

A tiny red smudge left behind on the hull of the aircraft went unnoticed by the occupants. The nanochip in the pigment began transmitting its location.

Murska
2009-11-29, 08:20 AM
"Where is she anyway. This is taking far too long." The man was observing the target building.

"Wait, a chopper inbound?"

The Eye grabs a weapon. "If it's for her, then it'd be rude for her to leave without seeing her father. If not, bad luck for them."

He takes aim, a small red dot appearing to the side of the chopper. "Subtlety. Oh how I tire of thee."

A small thud as a small grey dart flew from the silenced barrel and impacted the chopper's hull.

He repacks the rifle and sits back down to watch.

RedScholarGypsy
2009-11-29, 09:49 AM
I have to admit, when Tsofu scried as SMERSH, I didn't trust him because it threw off the math, as if he was Quantum, each faction would have 3 members. Game would've ended a lot faster, though I can understand why some, say, Dr. Bath, would not have approved of this:smallamused:.

Still, excellent. Glad resources are gone, and can't wait to see new classes. Good luck to all in the sequel - World Espionage 2: The Quest for More Money.

The Bookworm
2009-11-29, 01:22 PM
I really want to play the sequel! That was fun, and I enjoyed it greatly!

Dr. Bath
2009-11-29, 03:14 PM
I have to admit, when Tsofu scried as SMERSH, I didn't trust him because it threw off the math, as if he was Quantum, each faction would have 3 members. Game would've ended a lot faster, though I can understand why some, say, Dr. Bath, would not have approved of this:smallamused:

:D

I'm just surprised you believed me at all (although I doubt you trusted me much ever), it was a pity you didn't trust me enough to kill each other though. :smalltongue: I was duped a little bit too, as I thought a Rogue agent proof infiltrator would fit with Quantum's background, although that didn't really make sense, it didn't really matter to me though.

Oh Elder Tsofu! If you'd only killed Kronsteen for me, everyone could have won! :smallbiggrin:

It was a great game though, thanks Freshmeat!

Elder Tsofu
2009-11-29, 03:25 PM
Bah, my trust for you Bath was low to begin with - and I can't say your attempt to assassinate me in Berlin the day after contacting me made it any better. :smallwink:
As Kronsteen was an ally (albeit an untrusted, possibly "knife in my back", one) I had to give you priority. :smallwink:
But I won't deny that I'd have killed him if I thought I'd get away with it. :smalltongue:

Darkcomet
2009-11-29, 03:29 PM
*pokes head in*

I'll admit the game looked rather interesting, but after how the player list was scoured just to kill Murska...

Well, that makes me rather want to stay away. <.<

Dr. Bath
2009-11-29, 03:43 PM
Bah, my trust for you Bath was low to begin with - and I can't say your attempt to assassinate me in Berlin the day after contacting me made it any better. :smallwink:
As Kronsteen was an ally (albeit an untrusted, possibly "knife in my back", one) I had to give you priority. :smallwink:
But I won't deny that I'd have killed him if I thought I'd get away with it. :smalltongue:

I thought you were Ward Abbott! Totally not my fault!

@Darkcomet: That rather obviously wasn't spite, Murska had worked out the roles and location of two (out of it turns out three) members of MI6 by treachery and backstabbing, it's reasonable that MI6 would try and get him back.

This might might be a case of you seeing spitefulness where there is none.

Murska
2009-11-29, 03:49 PM
Though MI6 didn't know I wasn't one of them at that point.

Darkcomet
2009-11-29, 04:14 PM
The way I interpreted it was less spite and more that it's Murska, but I digress.

Trixie
2009-11-29, 04:19 PM
Though MI6 didn't know I wasn't one of them at that point.

Actually, we did :smallamused:

Otherwise, we wouldn't offed you. It wasn't malice, though - one of us scried you, you happened to be in the same city as two "MI6" operatives, and we had 4 possible aliases other than ours that were in the city...

So, since we had nothing better to do at such early stage we put all 4 suspect names in and watched the fireworks.

And, as always, my "team" contacted Murska to tell him their allegiance and not me. That costed us the game :smallsigh:

Oh, and that Quantum mole actually turned out to be useful to us, helping me off a lot of people (I killed what, 5-6 people through my network?) - and he grabbed a few resource points and achieved a few goals, so it was mutual, actually.

happyturtle
2009-11-29, 04:20 PM
As a non-player, Murska was forwarding me his scheming PMs. He got MI6 to trust him, learned their idents and locations, and sent them off to someone else with instructions to kill them. So I think he kind of earned their wrath. :smalltongue:

Fleeing Coward
2009-11-29, 04:24 PM
And, as always, my "team" contacted Murska to tell him their allegiance and not me. That costed us the game :smallsigh:

Sorry about that Trixie but wishful thinking got in the way of logic there. Should have known when everyone else had a name but Murska :smalltongue:

Murska
2009-11-29, 04:43 PM
One of you scried me? Well, I scry as a friendly to any one of you.:smallconfused:

RedScholarGypsy
2009-11-29, 05:10 PM
Oh that was a lovely evening. Two kills in one night. I wasn't surprised at all that Murska was killed, though I wouldn't have been surprised if he lived. I was surprised I didn't get killed. I didn't network too much, as I figured doing so put me more at risk than the gains would compensate, and given the goal I was in for the long haul.

@Bath The only reason was because of the Math. If I had known the objectives were unbalanced, then I'd have guessed the teams were unbalanced as well. I was hoping Tsofu and you would kill each other. Had I looked back and seen you tried to kill me as Space McGee, I would have joined Tsofu without hesitation. So Game Lesson: Check the records when there's only a few players left.

@Trixie Who were you in contact with? I'm slightly curious.

@Murska You deserved what you got, man. Which means you played well to earn that kind of a sweep. I'm glad I trusted you; we seem to end up on the same side in these types of games, and it always ends with you dead early and me winning. I likes:smallbiggrin:.

Murska
2009-11-29, 05:11 PM
I usually end up dead early. Caution is for wimps! :smallbiggrin:

Dr. Bath
2009-11-29, 05:35 PM
@Bath The only reason was because of the Math. If I had known the objectives were unbalanced, then I'd have guessed the teams were unbalanced as well. I was hoping Tsofu and you would kill each other. Had I looked back and seen you tried to kill me as Space McGee, I would have joined Tsofu without hesitation. So Game Lesson: Check the records when there's only a few players left.

To be honest, I didn't actually know who you were at that point, I just felt like trying to kill someone. :smalltongue:

Trixie
2009-11-29, 06:02 PM
One of you scried me? Well, I scry as a friendly to any one of you.:smallconfused:

Yes, but I happened to be infiltrator, and no matter how many times I did the math there was no space for second one in our team.

I think, I don't remember the actual reasons, but they were along these lines. There was one more reason to suspect you, but it was a false positive.

Actually, by middle of day two I presented my calculations showing that teams pretty much had to be imbalanced by what the two of us knew by that point, and from that point I acted taking nothing for granted. Hence, Murska.

Ironically, my calculations showed we had one member too many, but I choose to disregard them as that "member" of MI6 was on my starting PM, and there was no mention of such a possibility at all in the rules :smallannoyed:

Anyway, one more game showing that it never pays to give your role to Murska, while it always pays to show it to me. Trixie = never Evil :smallbiggrin:

And, Freshmeat, we got easiest terms? What? :smallannoyed:

We had to kill the most players of all factions, had no possible allies save for one rogue agent who joined the game too late to change things, and we had an insider no one told us about that would have demolished our ranks once we found each other :smallsigh:

Dr. Bath
2009-11-29, 06:22 PM

We had to kill the most players of all factions, had no possible allies save for one rogue agent who joined the game too late to change things, and we had an insider no one told us about that would have demolished our ranks once we found each other :smallsigh:

Well that first point is just not true, considering Smersh had to kill everyone and as long as you kept James Bond alive you only needed to kill 7 people. That's only one more than me, and every single faction was my enemy in this, basically, as I needed to kill 1/2+ of each. It wasn't 'easy' sure, but it was marginally easier than the other factions. James Bond's ability should have helped reduce the chance of demolition, and M's really good ability making catching SMERSH much easier are a major factor in the 'ease' of your win condition. It wasn't 'easy' none of the conditions were, but it was the easiest by a small margin.

Murska
2009-11-29, 06:26 PM
Besides, Bond was told about the Quantum Mole and given a scry capable of finding him. Considering that was 50% of Quantum's whole strength...

Freshmeat
2009-11-29, 06:52 PM
No offense, Trixie, but I figured that after the PM's and my previous posts you'd be quite done with this already. Still, to respond to a few statements, some of which I recall already explaining to you:

Easiest? I never said that.
Terms? If by terms you mean 'win conditions':

We had to kill the most players of all factions,

SMERSH and Treadstone, who represented nearly half the playerbase in the game, had to kill everyone not on their team. MI6 didn't. It's right there on the previous page.
How do you figure that MI6 had to kill the most players?

had no possible allies, save for one rogue agent who joined the game too late to change things,

Jason Bourne's win conditions aligned perfectly with yours, provided you were willing to trust him if he contacted you.

Ethan Hunt could work with MI6 pretty well, as he only needed to kill one out of three MI6 members and the rest were all shared targets. You can't really blame me for failing to predict that Hunt's first player would be inactive.

Actually, by middle of day two I presented my calculations showing that teams pretty much had to be imbalanced by what the two of us knew by that point,

I never stated that all factions had an equal number of members.

and we had an insider no one told us about that would have demolished our ranks once we found each other :smallsigh:

Ironically, my calculations showed we had one member too many, but I choose to disregard them as that "member" of MI6 was on my starting PM, and there was no mention of such a possibility at all in the rules :smallannoyed:

I figured that to counteract MI6's strength, they ought to get some sort of drawback and the Quantum mole made sense flavor-wise and seemed fun.
Then I randomized the roles and saw your name came up as the mole's partner and I knew there'd be trouble.

Still, James Bond knew there was a mole about. If he died, the ability would pass on to M. If she would die too, then the last remaining MI6 member would get an additional mission objective to kill Quantum agents, hinting at their existence. This in addition to the fact that 'Quantum' was right there in the title and the opening post referenced 'paranoia' and 'ultimate kaos'. Not to mention that there was always the risk that people familiar with the Bond franchise might figure out Quantum's shtick early on in the game. And, as you figured out during the game, once you scried a few people and did the math, it became obvious that something was afoot. For a time I actually feared FC might simply state outright in the thread on the first day that there was a Quantum mole about.

Will I use moles again? I'm not sure, though probably not (or at least give an official warning). But in this game, I'd say I made it clear that some unexpected things may happen and that you're not supposed to know everything, including which factions are about, what their win conditions are and what they are capable of, and the 'MI6 team got leaked to Quantum' scenario isn't quite the cakewalk it might appear, as everything hinges on people trusting each other with their locations, roles an aliases (which sometimes even was a problem for people on the same side with named roles), the continued survival of the Bookworm and James Bond's (and arguably M's) complete non-involvement.

Trixie
2009-12-06, 02:24 PM
Well that first point is just not true, considering Smersh had to kill everyone.

Technically untrue, as you had more members and better starting position :smalltongue:

Jason Bourne's win conditions aligned perfectly with yours, provided you were willing to trust him if he contacted you.

Ethan Hunt could work with MI6 pretty well, as he only needed to kill one out of three MI6 members and the rest were all shared targets. You can't really blame me for failing to predict that Hunt's first player would be inactive.

Well, except for a slight problem of finding them, for both sides. If that role went to anyone but Irbis, there would be no cooperation at all, and there was little even so.

I never stated that all factions had an equal number of members.

Indeed, you never did. However, as you can see, most players assumed so, and your remarks about *static interference* and quick change of topics show that you went out of your way to not state they didn't :smallamused:

I figured that to counteract MI6's strength, they ought to get some sort of drawback and the Quantum mole made sense flavor-wise and seemed fun.
Then I randomized the roles and saw your name came up as the mole's partner and I knew there'd be trouble.

Excuses moi? :smallconfused:

Still, James Bond knew there was a mole about. If he died, the ability would pass on to M. If she would die too, then the last remaining MI6 member would get an additional mission objective to kill Quantum agents, hinting at their existence.

Erm, there's this proverb about all eggs in one basket and that one Murphy fellow... :smallamused:

This in addition to the fact that 'Quantum' was right there in the title and the opening post referenced 'paranoia' and 'ultimate kaos'. Not to mention that there was always the risk that people familiar with the Bond franchise might figure out Quantum's shtick early on in the game. And, as you figured out during the game, once you scried a few people and did the math, it became obvious that something was afoot. For a time I actually feared FC might simply state outright in the thread on the first day that there was a Quantum mole about.

Bond franchise? You mean the new one? There was no Quantum in the old 20 odd series :smallconfused:

And yes, I did the math, but as I said, lack of info turned that into GIGO.

Huh, I feel morally justified now about adding a 'few' franchise features into F3 now :smallamused:

Will I use moles again? I'm not sure, though probably not (or at least give an official warning). But in this game, I'd say I made it clear that some unexpected things may happen and that you're not supposed to know everything, including which factions are about, what their win conditions are and what they are capable of, and the 'MI6 team got leaked to Quantum' scenario isn't quite the cakewalk it might appear, as everything hinges on people trusting each other with their locations, roles an aliases (which sometimes even was a problem for people on the same side with named roles), the continued survival of the Bookworm and James Bond's (and arguably M's) complete non-involvement.

I don't oppose moles per se. It's just...

You know, it's like something like moving the baner to wolf team in classic WW in the last second without telling anyone. Sure, mentioning that some people might have two roles would undermine the trust in the game, but as you can see, there was little of it anyway, which meant we had to cling to what info we already had. If I scried BW as "MI6", fine, there was precedence for false scries in WW games, but getting someone from the other team in starting PM is a... novel way of screwing players :smalltongue:

That being said - I don't see any further problems with moles in future WE games, as it is now an established function of the game. I have issues of the way it was here :smallwink:

Freshmeat
2009-12-09, 09:14 PM
Well, except for a slight problem of finding them, for both sides. If that role went to anyone but Irbis, there would be no cooperation at all, and there was little even so.

It's not a problem, actually, if the possibility of siding with some of the rogues doesn't become a necessity, just to stand a chance.
I'm of the mind that it wasn't.

Indeed, you never did. However, as you can see, most players assumed so, and your remarks about *static interference* and quick change of topics show that you went out of your way to not state they didn't :smallamused:

Change of topics? Going out of my way not to state the faction sizes weren't equal?
You must be reading my subconscious, as I don't recall doing any of such things. Alternatively, you may be reading too much into things.

Excuses moi? :smallconfused:

To me, it seems like you'll jump at any chance to cause an argument.
Admittedly, I'm prone to this myself.

Bond franchise? You mean the new one? There was no Quantum in the old 20 odd series :smallconfused:

I'm referring to the reboot, yes.

Erm, there's this proverb about all eggs in one basket and that one Murphy fellow... :smallamused:

I don't oppose moles per se. It's just...

You know, it's like something like moving the baner to wolf team in classic WW in the last second without telling anyone. Sure, mentioning that some people might have two roles would undermine the trust in the game, but as you can see, there was little of it anyway, which meant we had to cling to what info we already had. If I scried BW as "MI6", fine, there was precedence for false scries in WW games, but getting someone from the other team in starting PM is a... novel way of screwing players :smalltongue:

That being said - I don't see any further problems with moles in future WE games, as it is now an established function of the game. I have issues of the way it was here :smallwink:

I'll concede the more-or-less-implied point that the mole role's design might be a bit 'swingy' in nature (and thus could've been better). Balance-wise though, I stick by my guns.

Oh, and that Quantum mole actually turned out to be useful to us, helping me off a lot of people (I killed what, 5-6 people through my network?) - and he grabbed a few resource points and achieved a few goals, so it was mutual, actually.