View Full Version : Solo Game

Elfin
2009-10-12, 11:27 AM
Wearily, you gaze up at the storm-wrought sky, strewn with clouds of iron grey and strung with dark mists.
And then you see it: the graveyard. No fence or wall encircles the place; weathered tombstones rise from the fog that hangs low upon the ground. Dominating the centre is a mausoleum of granite blocks; even from here you can see that it has not been cared for in a long while.

It has been a long trek from the town of Ironhame, which sits on the border of the mighty Deluge Jungle - a relentless day and a half of hard marching were what it took to bring you here.

Suddenly nervous, you reach for the tube of vellum at your waist. Only five days ago you found it on the bodies of hobgoblin raiders, and now it has led you here. If the message on the scroll is true, then deep within the ancient mausoleum can be found the mighty sword Unfettered, forged many ages ago by your kin.

Icy tendrils of fog seem to creep into you, and for a moment you are gripped by fear; but quickly you shake it off, and begin walking toward the graveyard.

What do you do?

LtFudge
2009-10-12, 12:59 PM
Ever cautious I approach the graveyard. My fear already has my chain already drawn, prepared for any attack, and I begin my search for the mausoleum which the scroll had led me to.

My nerves are on edge and any minor sound causes me to leap and turn, and foolishly shout.

Elfin
2009-10-12, 01:09 PM
At your shout the very air itself seems to recoil, and hissing winds laugh and whisper ancient secrets they have borne from afar. You're now only a few yards away from the graveyard, and in the shadow of the looming mausoleum of dark stone.
Make Spot and Listen checks.

You'll find them in the "Skills" section of your character sheet. To roll a die, enter (put your die roll here, ie 1d8+1). If it's easier, though, you can just roll manually and tell me what you get.

LtFudge
2009-10-12, 01:23 PM
(I rolled manually, I hope you're as big a fan of the honor policy as I am)

Spot- 19 (+4)
Listen- 15 (+4)

Elfin
2009-10-12, 01:32 PM
Yeah, I prefer the honor system, too.

As you approach, you hear a low growl; your eyes dart towards it. The sound issues from behind a large tombstone, and entangled in the ground-clinging fog you pick out three dark forms - wolves. One is almost the size of a mule, with burning red eyes. Sensing that it has been seen, the great beast steps out, the two smaller wolves following. They snarl fearsomely, and black boarlike bristles tremble upon their backs.
The leader growls in what you recognize as Goblin, and the three monsters spread out around you.

Roll initiative.

LtFudge
2009-10-12, 01:37 PM
(initiative is still a d6, correct? If so...)

5 (+3)

Elfin
2009-10-12, 11:36 PM
Actually, it's a d20. :smallsmile:

LtFudge
2009-10-13, 12:00 AM
10! (+3)

(glad I've gotten that embarrassing moment out of the way)

Elfin
2009-10-14, 12:31 PM
The worgs have initiative.

The three beasts slowly circle you, mouths frothing and yellow fangs bared. Suddenly, the leader barks, and like a flash of lightning all three madly lunge towards you...but you're ready, for as their razor-sharp claws are about to graze your face you whirl your chain about and catch the raging beasts upon its adamantine spikes.

Make three Attacks of Opportunity, one on each worg.

LtFudge
2009-10-15, 11:10 AM

(How do I make the "spoiler" drop down boxes?)

Elfin
2009-10-15, 11:28 AM
"Quote" one of my posts with a spoiler and you'll see the coding I used.

The 17 and 16 both hit; in the future, it might be best to roll damage along with every attack (you do 2d4+10 damage with your chain).

LtFudge
2009-10-17, 10:34 AM
Attack 1 -15
Attack 2- 15