PDA

View Full Version : Need some help tweaking Elder Scrolls Oblivion

ondonaflash
2009-10-12, 07:16 PM
Okay, I have just uninstalled/reinstalled ESIV:O and cleared out all my mods. This was so I could start from square one with Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul 1.34 beta. It seems to be working acceptably. A few issues I am dealing with though are:

Game is unresponsive. Its moving too slow. Voice clips and facial movements are out of sync, and combat is slow and unresponsive.

Also, the games music is not playing. The music is in its respective files, but whichever program is used to execute the music is not functioning. I have the game disc.

My Specs are:
Intel Core Dual Quad CPU 2.40 GHz
2 Gigs Ram
GeForce 8800 GT Video card

Also, not currently present, but an issue I have frequently had to deal with is, with Oscuro's, is some of the landscapes and game decorations in the World blurring together. I suspect this may be a reaction to certain mods I've installed, but can not confirm. I would also like to install Shivering Isles and Kinights of the Nine packages.

Please assist?

SilentDragoon
2009-10-12, 10:47 PM
I may be mistaken, but don't most recently updated/still updating Oblivion mods have Shivering Isles as a base requirement? When I did my latest install it went Oblivion->SI->SI patch->misc mods. I downloaded but haven't tried OOO so I can't tell if that might be the problem, but you may have just put a mod that req. SI and it's patch and the corresponding data on vanilla Oblivion.

Edit: Just looked up OOO, and no listing of SI as a requirement. Did you try playing Oblivion before adding anything? Does it work alright if you disable the OOO esm?

ondonaflash
2009-10-12, 11:50 PM
OOO is installed first. Without OOO active it is still slow and twitchy, which makes me think it may be technical, but I have had some serious problems with O3 in the past.

SilentDragoon
2009-10-12, 11:53 PM
Again, I haven't actually used it before, but reading through it sounds like disabling the esm won't actually revert most if any of the changes OOO makes to your game, as it appears to rewrite original files with new values/parameters/descriptors/what have you. If you have no doubts about the capability of the computer itself to run the program and no save game data to lose, it might be most expedient just to reinstall Oblivion again and try it without mods, then build up using some of the miscellaneous ones that can be found elsewhere.

ondonaflash
2009-10-13, 12:13 AM
Worth a shot but additional solutions if any?

Eldan
2009-10-13, 04:42 AM
Have you installed the unofficial patches? They help with a lot of problems. I'd generally install them before OOO, even. I mean, I don't know, I haven't used OOO, as it made a few changes I don't really like.