PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Errata

Farlion
2009-10-13, 03:39 AM
Hi Everyone!

I came across some unlogic statement concerning the Mountebanks ability Sideslip.
Sideslip is a spell like ability, which mimics dimension door. You instantly teleport up to 20 ft in a single direction.

At level 3 you get the ability to sideslip as an immediate action. With level 10 you the get the ability to sideslip as a swift action, but this costs you two of your sideslip attempts per day.

In my eyes immediate action is way better than swift action (so I just switched the wording).

Am I missing something?

Cheers,
Farlion

Iku Rex
2009-10-13, 05:55 AM
Sudden escape does not have the same limitations as sideslip. And sideslip is supposed to make you "elusive" - sounds like an immediate action to me.

Farlion
2009-10-13, 09:23 AM
Hmmm... what limitations does sideslip have, compared to sudden escape? (Which isn't so sudden, since it's only a swift action).

Cheers,
Farlion

Iku Rex
2009-10-13, 09:32 AM
Hmmm... what limitations does sideslip have, compared to sudden escape?"Once per day as an immediate action, you can transfer yourself from your current space to another up to 20 feet away. This ability otherwise works like the dimension door spell, except that you cannot transport other creatures with you."

JellyPooga
2009-10-13, 09:56 AM
For a start, Sudden Escape has a range of 800ft as compared to 20ft...

Farlion
2009-10-14, 05:21 AM
Ok, thanks for pointing that out! Now it makes sense!

Cheers,
Farlion