PDA

View Full Version : Embodiment of Khyber - OOC

AngelOmnipotent
2009-10-13, 03:28 PM
Welcome to the OOC thread. I'll have more info up here about the scenario tomorrow morning as I've had a very long day and wish to get some sleep, but for the time being get to know each other, pick a colour etc.

---

About me as a DM

I like to make up monsters, magic items, spells and so forth. If I make up a spell I'll list the details only if it is available to other spellcasters and not cult/organisation specific. So if things don't look completely out of place it could just be me making up stuff, but feel free to bring it up if it's rules related.

I'm relaxed as far as rules go to be honest. I think a system is only a good guideline as to how to play, but the characters ultimately make the game.

I also like to involve players deeply within a storyline. It isn't just some pre-written book I'm going to dump you into - what your characters do really will shape the world you're in. So if you have a pretty plot-specific idea for your character, even if it might seem large scale, let me know and we'll work something out.

If you see a map that happens to be familiar, I probably pulled it out of a pre-generated wizards thing and added my own stuff to it. Why draw a map when there's already one there :smallbiggrin:

The preferred formatting for your post should be as follows:

Your character's name in bold.
Normal speech
"Your characters speech in their colour"
Their personal thoughts

Rolls outside of spoiler tags please, and at the bottom of your posts as there won't be a separate thread. Any secret rolls for me to see can be PMed.
Anything else not game related in here, such as short questions, comments etc. in spoiler tags

Combat will be dealt with, with a grid and co-ordinates.

I would like people to post once per day, but obviously its not always possible. If you're MIA with no word for 7 days then I'll take over your character and rocks will fall in a small area from the sky :smallamused:. If you have a legitimate reason then your character can either have time-out or I can play them for you, whichever the situation suits best.

So could everyone please pick a readable colour for their character. Keep commoner and actual character colours the same to avoid confusion, and I'll be using Teal for all my main NPCs.

Lets get started!

HOUSE RULES FOR REFERENCE

• HP: When rolling HP, roll twice and take the better result.
• Initiative: Initiative is rolled with a d12 rather than a d20. This ensures that any investment into initiative improvement is more reliable.
• Death and Dying: You are disabled from 0 to negative your CON modifier, and dying down to negative CON score. For example with a CON of 18 you are disabled from 0 to -4, and dying until -17. At -18 you are dead. However with a negative CON modifier, 6 CON for example, you are automatically dying from 0 and dead at -6.
• Clerics: Clerics are proficient with the favoured weapon of their deity.
• Monks: Monks get full BaB, d10 HD and treat themselves as one size category larger for determining unarmed damage. Anything that increases this further, aside from spells, does not stack.
• Sorcerer: Diplomacy and Intimidate as class skills; Eschew Materials as a bonus feat at 1st level; Familiar progresses by character level instead of sorcerer level.
• Multiclassing: Monks and Paladins can multiclass freely with good enough reason.
• There are no favoured classes or multiclass penalties.
• Identifying: If a caster succeeds on a DC 25 Spellcraft or Knowledge (Arcana or Religion depending on the item), he can cast Identify without the 100gp.
• Critical Success or Failure: A natural 20 is always a success, and a natural 1 is always a failure. If a natural 1 is rolled on an attack made with a weapon, roll on the d100 fumble table.
• Skills: Hide and Move Silently are the same skill: Stealth.
• Open Lock is merged in with the Disable Device skill, but you use your DEX modifier instead of INT when unlocking a door.
• Any cross class skill costs only 1 skill point, but the restrictions for ranks still apply.
• Any Trained-Only cross class skill can be learned but only with good Roleplaying reason and in-game time must be taken to do so.
• Any cross class skill can be made into a class skill with 3 months of in-game training.
• Classes who receive 2 skill points now receive 4.
• Classes who receive 4 skill points now receive 5.
• Background Feats: At levels 1, 5, 10, 15 and 20 all characters gain a free bonus 'background feat', which can be any feat generally regarded as underpowered (e.g. Endurance, Skill Focus, Alertness...) and which has a strong connection to your character's background. These feats must be approved by the GM. Background feats can never be used for prerequisites, except for other background feats (e.g. Endurance -> Diehard).
• Concentration: The DC to Cast Defensively is not 15+Spell level, but rather: 10 + BAB of threatening foe + Spell Level of the spell you are trying to cast.
• Nightsticks: They don't stack, and you can't use them for anything but actually turning undead (so no using them for DMM-madness).
• Candle of Invocation: Doesn't exist. Honest.
• Spells: Polymorph-type spells are restricted to the caster’s physical experience. Knowledge rolls CAN be used, but to a restricted effectiveness.
• Shivering Touch now requires a Fortitude Save, is a DEX Penalty and not Damage, and cannot reduce DEX below 1.
• Wraithstrike now takes 1 Action to cast, not 1 Swift Action.
• Called outsiders (ones summoned by a Conjuration [Calling] spell) cannot use any summoning abilities that they may or may not have.
• Any summoned monster that casts a spell requiring an XP component must use the Casters XP in its place.
• All Cantrips are of unlimited use aside from Cure Minor Wounds, and similar healing spells.
• Damage from cantrip spells is subject to item hardness. No Acid Splashing through 50ft-thick Adamantine Walls.
• A high casting stat gives bonus spells known at level 0, as many as the bonus 1st level spells known granted (so a sorcerer with CHA 12 has 1 extra cantrip, one with CHA 20 has 2 extra etc.).
• Dwarves: Choose -2 Cha or -2 Dex.
• Gnomes: +2 to Int instead of +2 Con. This extends to all gnomish subraces with a Con bonus, including Whisper Gnomes.
• Half-Elves: Gain the human skill point bonus.
• Half-Orcs: No charisma penalty. Instead, they take a racial -1 to all charisma checks and charisma-based skill checks vs. other races.

BACKGROUND FEATS
All selected background feats must be approved by the GM and to be given with good enough roleplay reasoning. Should there be any other feat you think would fit this list from outside the Core books, let me know and I’ll look it over.

{table]Acrobatic | Agile | Alertness
Animal Affinity | Athletic | Deceitful
Deft Hands | Diligent | Endurance
Diehard | Great Fortitude | Investigator
Iron Will | Lightning Reflexes | Mounted Combat
Negotiator | Nimble Fingers | Persuasive
Run | Self Sufficient | Simple Weapon Proficiency
Skill Focus | Stealthy | Track
[/table]

FUMBLE CHART

{table]d100 Result | Outcome
01 — 05 | Your weapon attacks normally and does an extra 1d6 damage.
06 — 30 | You drop your weapon at your feet. It takes a movement action to pick it up, and provokes and Attack of Opportunity.
31 — 50 | You drop your weapon and it falls 10ft away from you. Roll a d8 to determine direction. It can land in an occupied square.
51 — 70 | Your weapon hits for half damage, and gets stuck in your enemy. A DC 18 Dexterity check to see if you snatch it back in time.
71 — 80 | You hit a character adjacent to you.
81 — 90 | You manage to hit yourself. FAIL.
91 — 96 | You miss and your weapon gets jammed into the floor. A DC 18 Strength check as a full-round action is required to remove it with a 10% chance of the weapon breaking. Provokes an Attack of Opportunity.
97 — 99 | You miss and your weapon breaks. If it is magical, it gets a DC 18 Reflex save to avoid this fate.
100 | Your weapon disappears into thin air never to be seen again... or will it.[/table]

I know a fumble chart seems harsh, but if you roll badly on it then you will be compensated for it. I'm not a harsh DM, I just think it adds another element of fun into the game.

Any small OOC comments can be made in the IC thread, this thread is simply for rules discussion, plot discussion, character interaction discussion etc.

Could everyone please Instant Email Subscribe to this thread and the IC thread. It makes things a lot easier in the long run - if you're not too sure how to, then let me know.

Bushwhacked
2009-10-14, 04:53 AM
Hey guys. I think sehk will be be represented by Sienna.

Defiant
2009-10-14, 01:08 PM
Sick of using blue as a colour, I shall be using Dark Green.

AngelOmnipotent
2009-10-14, 01:13 PM
Okay!

You're all travelling to Stormreach for your own individual purposes, and oddly enough by some strand of fate (lol...) you all managed to get passage aboard a rather large merchant ship called The Eye of Kol Korran.

You got passage either through offering your services as a deck hand, or paying a considerable sum (75gp, in fact) to ride in one of their fairly luxurious cabins - the choice is yours.

So you can OOC discuss whether any of you know each other, and once that is sorted I'll pull up the IC thread.

I also want to know people's preferences on having the character sheets public, or keep them private? I don't mind either way.

AngelOmnipotent
2009-10-15, 05:39 AM
Well since you don't know anything about Defiant's charactrer then maybe its best that your characters don't know him.

While the ship is big for a merchant vessel, it's still a ship so you'd eventually bump into each other and the journey is a little long to go by without talking to anyone else unless you were really adamant about it.

I'll have the IC thread up later on today and you'll start off on the ship.

Bushwhacked
2009-10-15, 07:44 AM
I'd happily say that Sehk would have been the one to break Jezel out of the cell mentioned in her background. Sehk doesn't quite sit with the church in every way either. His methods (he will use things like torture or murder in the name of the greater good for example) aren't quite desirable for them- especially since the genocide of lycans. Traveling companions is certainly an option and he'd probably have shared the information about his mission with her (unless the church forbade him).

I'm wondering angel, would the church have paid for his passage as they sent him on the mission? or do you think that should come out of the starting gold?

PS. I'd say leave public/private up to the character. I'll happily have Sehk's in public- I'll post it in my sig when I get a mo.

AngelOmnipotent
2009-10-15, 07:49 AM
I'd say that because of the way the Silver Flame is they would've paid for your passage, yes.

If everyone could post a link to their sheet (or PM me if you want to do it private) then it'll help things along.

Also, what is everyone's exact Time Zone and optimal posting times each day?

Bushwhacked
2009-10-15, 07:54 AM
I'm just going to go ahead and re-post his app. so it's easy to look up:
"Why I'm choosin' this life, padre? I guess it was originally to protect my family. I mean they're not exactly helpless, havin' guards posted at the gates of their villa and all. But even the most ignorant in Khorvaire can't ignore there are perils out there that that the good people just aren't prepared for.
And damn me if there aren't enough vigilantes out there sayin' that they're doin' their bit in this world but through their own ignorance they end up hurtin' the good people that they lookin' at protectin'. It's not like I'm askin' you to make me a templar. I think we both would know how much of a mistake that'd be. No, I'm askin' you for guidance. Means I'll be doin' good and know that there'll always be someone else checkin' the path that I'm walkin'."- Sehk Lithard aged 22.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j238/yeldi/Sehk-50.jpg

Name: Sehk Lithard- Sheet (99%) (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=125082)
Race: Human
Sex: Male
Alignment: LN
Classes: Monk- 1 // Druid- 1
Progression: Taking Warshaper on monk side.
Party Role: Strongarm / Healer / Battlefield Control

Appearance:
To say that Sehk is a fit and healthy young man is pretty apt and he's got a certain style and gait about him that certain women find quite attractive. He goes topless as often as possible mainly to show off his physique but has the additional benifit of showing of his tattoo. The tattoo is a massive thing covering half of his torso and one of his arms and is stylized after drawing after the larger paintings of the silver flame's emblem.

The most notable things about Sehk's appearance happens when he gets into a fight. His ability to shapeshift was never fully realized as it was with others being taught the druidic way of life. He's never really managed to completely mimic the animal forms that exist and so he simply alters the body he currently has. His muscles seem to bulk up in an instant, claws and jaws form in the place of his hands and the pain it causes him becomes quite visible in his face. His eyes becoming bloodshot and his own jaw clamping down so hard it becomes impossible for him to speak.
Personality:
Arrogant. Stuck-up. Bull Headed. Impossible. Loudmouthed. These are the words everyone uses to describe him, from the nanny that raised him to his closest friends. Sehk will rattle off this list himself once in a while, for amusement, he finds it flattering and is glad when he caught his second in command voicing this opinion of him to his other men (though it was only after he threw the man out of a first story window that he started chuckling about it).

His redeeming qualities can't be said to be much better he'd happily push himself through any hardship if he knew it would result in something better. Torture and murder have been used as tools by him in the past and if needs require it he would push himself to cross that line again.
Background:
Born and raised to think he was the shine that came off the jewel that is Khorvairian society. Sehk enjoyed every benefit that was granted to the nobility of any of the continent's countries . The Lithard family is by no means as powerful as any of the dragonmarked houses, though it does have long standing traditions. One of which was sending it's youth to become sergeants of the local military. After Sehk's education he was thus to be sent into the army, his family having dreams that he would enter the political arena a few years after his term was served.

Sehk took to the military life far greater than any of his siblings. He stayed in charge of a squad for a good four years. Though he acted as the bully sergeant, always shouting down any disagreements, it had to be said that the missions he was assigned got results.

Easily bored and never really holding any ambition to raise his rank, Sehk eventually walked away from the military life and started to analyze what he really wanted to do with his life. He found an answer in a monastery dedicated to the worship of the silver flame. Seeing many of the values he was trying to achieve reflected within their dogma he sought an audience with one of their pastors.

The years that followed he started to act much like of of their crusaders would. Investigating reports of monster attacks in the wilder parts of the continent. Assisting in the cleansing of undead plagues and the like.

Recently the seer's of his church began to dream images of an artifact being unearthed in the land of the dark-skinned-elves. The artifact was pretty nondescript but it bore the symbol of the silver flame. Dream seeing being so unreliable the risk at diverting one of the templars from their defensive duties was unacceptable. The visions couldn't go uninvestigated though so instead they have tapped Sehk to travel abroad to find out what, if anything, this artifact from the dark days of the world might be.

I'm on GMT+0. I usually post between 11:00 and 02:00. 15:00-19:00 is when I find I have the most regular free time.

Defiant
2009-10-15, 09:20 AM
I think I'll keep my character without knowledge of the other two. Given that he's been mostly secluded in gnomish wizardry matters, this way makes most sense.

No idea whether public or private. Can't decide. I'll just leave it this way (private).

You already have a link to my character sheet.

Time zone is GMT+5, and regular posting is all over the place. I'll likely check in the morning, in the evening, and everywhere in between.

AngelOmnipotent
2009-10-15, 09:21 AM
You already have a link to my character sheet.

Actually I don't. For some reason my PM box went crazy and everything got deleted out of it :smallfrown:

And your Time Zone is a negative number for being in Canada. Double check here please (http://www.worldtimezone.com/) :smallsmile:

AngelOmnipotent
2009-10-15, 12:48 PM
Ok cool, we're 3 Brits and a Canadian. This should be good timing wise :smallsmile:

AngelOmnipotent
2009-10-15, 02:32 PM
THE IC THREAD IS HERE (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7128317)

Just to get your attention and all :smallsmile:

Defiant
2009-10-15, 07:02 PM
Tell ya what, I'll give y'all my character's information a bit later on into the story :smallsmile:

(I will likewise not read your characters' information until later on as well, as a personal preference)

[Also, I feel silly for getting the operand wrong! It's a 5, so then it must be GMT-5 :smallsmile: ]

Bushwhacked
2009-10-16, 05:44 AM
I think he'd operate a 'don't ask stupid questions, don't get answers that you don't like' attitude when it came to Jezel's goals and just grateful to have her experience and back-up.

AngelOmnipotent
2009-10-17, 06:40 AM
Legally? In Stormreach? Hah, I don't think there is such a word :smallbiggrin:

AngelOmnipotent
2009-10-18, 07:58 AM
I just have to ask, have any of you played the MMO D&D Online? I'm hoping not :smallbiggrin:

Bushwhacked
2009-10-18, 11:14 AM
No. I did start playing DnD through playing Neverwinter Nights 2 online though. My head almost exploded when my friend handed me his pile of sourcebooks.

Defiant
2009-10-19, 10:40 AM
I just have to ask, have any of you played the MMO D&D Online? I'm hoping not :smallbiggrin:

I have! And I am hooked!

I have a level 8 wizard on Khyber.

AngelOmnipotent
2009-10-19, 12:35 PM
I have! And I am hooked!

I have a level 8 wizard on Khyber.

Ah dammit, you're not meant to :smalltongue: I've been in the process of slowly converting some of the decent "quests" into tabletop and pbp games, so if you see any similarities just ignore them :smallbiggrin:

Defiant
2009-10-19, 12:58 PM
Ah dammit, you're not meant to :smalltongue: I've been in the process of slowly converting some of the decent "quests" into tabletop and pbp games, so if you see any similarities just ignore them :smallbiggrin:

Will do. The one thing that annoys me though is that everyone just wants to blaze through all the quests to get the favour and xp so I barely get to enjoy the fluff. I only managed to read and understand the fluff for the beginning island. The rest of the quests are done with parties, and people are usually too impatient and don't care at all.

In fact, I was once in a party and I said "hey give me a moment, I want to read the backstory on this quest" and was replied to "who gives a ****?". Annoyed the hell out of me.

AngelOmnipotent
2009-10-20, 07:03 AM
Okay well one more question for you guys: I want you to list these options in order of enjoyment from 1 being preferred to 4 being least preferred so I can change the game accordingly:

Roleplaying
Puzzles (physical puzzles, riddles, dungeon based etc)
Puzzles (solving murders, mysteries, story/plot based etc)
Combat

Bushwhacked
2009-10-20, 09:37 AM
I place roleplay first. Then I'm going to guiltily place mysteries and combat at an equal pegging (d&d is a combat based system at the end of the day). Then I place puzzles last, mainly because they're had to do over PBP.

Defiant
2009-10-20, 11:49 AM
1. Roleplaying
2. Combat
3. Puzzles (technical)
4. Puzzles (plot)

Only because I'm poor at solving mysteries, but don't let that stop you! :smallbiggrin:

Bushwhacked
2009-10-22, 02:21 AM
I've got a public critique in an hour or so. Don't know how long it will last but they usually take a while. I'll try and get my next post up within 6 hours.

AngelOmnipotent
2009-10-22, 04:02 PM
When you guys are done chatting amongst yourselves I'm ready to move on when you are. Just let me know, because it seems like you're having a good time so far - I must admit I'm rather proud with my ability to pick players! :smallbiggrin:

Defiant
2009-10-22, 07:32 PM
Well as the captain said, it looks like the shore is coming up fast. Perfect timing too, since we've all now been introduced to each other. I think other than quickly donning some sort disguises, there won't be much more to it.

AngelOmnipotent
2009-10-23, 04:09 AM
It's still 2 days if the conditions are perfect - so unless anyone wants to do anything else?

Bushwhacked
2009-10-23, 05:43 AM
I need to look over Sehk's prepared spells but if you'd like to move us forward then go ahead. Might do another reply while I'm waiting. Depends what happens today.

Defiant
2009-10-23, 07:37 AM
For all means, we can do that. I do have Disable Device.

Bushwhacked
2009-10-23, 08:00 AM
Ohh, I forgot about that. I wanted Sehk to have a bit of a conversation in passing with the silver flame NPC. He probably wouldn't approach him during meditation, just take an opportunity in the mess hall or something along those lines.

AngelOmnipotent
2009-10-23, 12:34 PM
You can make a roll if you wish to get a vague idea, but since he's been sent from Jaela herself you'd guess that he'd be on a level that you'd have no knowledge of.

As for the passengers, you guys are the only ones on the ship aside from Mirashia, and the rest of the crew have docked in Stormreach more times than they can remember.

AngelOmnipotent
2009-10-25, 10:36 AM
I've just had to reformat my PC so posting will be delayed until late tonight or early on tomorrow. Just a heads up :smallsmile: However I do now have Windows 7 to play with.

Bushwhacked
2009-10-25, 11:06 AM
You too huh? I'm a student and have been offered it at 1/3 of it's shelf price- just waiting on it's delivery now. I'll be doing a format myself in a couple of weeks, probably going to upgrade with a bit more ram and a bigger hard drive while I'm at it.

I'm on cleaning duty today so give me a couple of hours to get the dishes done and I'll get off a post to get the conversation with that NPC out of the way quickly enough.

AngelOmnipotent
2009-10-26, 05:19 AM
I wish I was still a student to get the benefit of the offer to be honest with you. I just have to settle with a 10% discount from PC world at the introductory prices :smallwink:

Writing the new IC thing as we speak.

Defiant
2009-10-31, 12:17 PM
We should, naturally, not expect any posts during Halloween... I know I certainly will be busy... :smallsmile:

AngelOmnipotent
2009-11-10, 07:23 AM
Wakey wakey :smalltongue:

Defiant
2009-11-10, 08:52 PM
Feel free to give me a bonus to disguise and/or bluff for actually striking Jezel :smallbiggrin:

AngelOmnipotent
2009-11-11, 07:59 AM
I'm still trying to stop my laughter :smallbiggrin: I knew I picked a bunch of awesome players.

I'm going to wait for Jezel's reaction before posting what happens.

Defiant
2009-11-11, 06:23 PM
I must say, I am enjoying myself! :smallbiggrin:

Bushwhacked
2009-11-12, 04:07 PM
I havn't thought to ask until now. Are we using action points?

AngelOmnipotent
2009-11-12, 05:13 PM
I've never really seen the point of them to be honest unless you're using Dragonmarks. I'll re-read it again but unless someone wants to take feats and/or prestige classes that focus on or use action points as part of their abilities then I'll probably just ignore them unless you really want them in. I don't mind either way, it's up to you.

Bushwhacked
2009-11-12, 05:28 PM
I don't mind either way myself. Being gestalt already makes us 'smarter than the aver-age bear'.

Defiant
2009-11-12, 05:35 PM
I hate action points, because like any extremely useful consumable, I never know when to take them.

*the party is falling to their deaths and you don't have feather fall prepared; you still have that one scroll of feather fall that you could activate now*
"Yes, but what if there's a better time to use it later?"

AngelOmnipotent
2009-11-12, 05:37 PM
Haha "why use it now? we might pass our tumble checks and/or not take lethal damage from the fall!"

Yep, I hear ya.

AngelOmnipotent
2009-11-12, 05:45 PM
Hehe thank you, he turned 3 months old today. German Shepherd / Husky cross :smallbiggrin:

Defiant
2009-11-12, 06:45 PM
The outlaw receives a will save at DC16 to recognize my disguise as an illusion.

AngelOmnipotent
2009-11-12, 06:46 PM
He's about as wise as a potato, so don't worry about it. Extremely smart, but as clueless as a wet lettuce.

Defiant
2009-11-12, 07:08 PM
He's about as wise as a potato, so don't worry about it. Extremely smart, but as clueless as a wet lettuce.

Love the imagery :smallbiggrin:

Still, even lettuce makes a save on a 20 :smalltongue:

AngelOmnipotent
2009-11-12, 07:54 PM
Oh really? I'd like to see the lettuce manage to roll dice without assistance :smallbiggrin:

Defiant
2009-11-13, 01:09 PM
I just love the imagery of a small child all of a sudden downing two pints of ale with his guardians right there watching :smallbiggrin:

AngelOmnipotent
2009-11-18, 05:31 AM
Bah, don't bail on me now :smallannoyed:

Defiant
2009-11-18, 07:05 PM
Of course not. However, bear in mind that should I ever be unable to post for a short while due to hectic life matters, I'll likely also be unable to post that I'm not posting, cruel irony. :smallsigh:

Bushwhacked
2009-11-18, 07:20 PM
Oh I wont. just having a couple of days with my girlfriend. i'll be back with you ASAP.

AngelOmnipotent
2009-11-19, 05:54 AM
Pfft fine :smalltongue:

AngelOmnipotent
2009-11-24, 08:28 AM
Shall I just carry on or does anyone have any questions?

I'm hoping you're not going to lose interest in this so soon. If it's not going at the pace you'd prefer then feel free to speak up and tell me what you'd want.

AngelOmnipotent
2009-11-26, 06:55 AM
I wish the other guys would wake up :smalltongue: I have a handful of people who would be interested in replacing them, but it's not something I'd want to do at this point in the game.

Bushwhacked
2009-11-27, 03:04 PM
Sorry had a bit of a lag there. I'm still very interested- just getting caught up in other things. :smallfrown:

AngelOmnipotent
2009-11-30, 08:59 PM
The last time he posted on the boards was 19th November which is almost 2 weeks now. It's a bit too long just to wait without any explanation.

I really hate to do it, but waiting around for him could bring the game to a halt, and if there is one thing I dislike above anything else then it's unreliable people.

Bushwhacked
2009-11-30, 11:25 PM
~update from me within a couple of hours and I'll put up a recruitment thread to replace Defiant. I'll keep the party at 3 though - it seems to work out a lot better, unless you really want to bump it up to 4?

I've always thought that a smaller group works better than a bigger one despite the risk of player drop-off. I've found the characters get more intimate and it's less work for the boss. It's one of the things that caught my eye about this game...

Though that being said I wouldn't be objectionable to a fourth, perhaps the two holding a relationship like Jezel's and Sehk's.

AngelOmnipotent
2009-12-01, 06:13 AM
I think that if I was going to get other players, they would have to be very reliable and committed to the game. It's not going to be a go-here-do-that kinda thing (at least it won't be past Goodblade, hah :smalltongue:) so they're going to have to be able to act on their own un-rolled initiative.

Hmm, it's going to be interesting.

Edit: Also the chosen "alts" for this game seem to have problems posting recently, and one of them is in one of my other games anyway. I figure that getting fresh people would be good.

Defiant
2009-12-01, 11:28 PM
So sorry everyone. I've been extremely busy with school and work. I recently started a new job, which has been taking up the rest of my time. When I get home from work, I just collapse on my bed and fall asleep. I'll do my best to squeeze in some time tomorrow. As for now, I have to go to sleep and start the cycle all over. :smallsigh:

AngelOmnipotent
2009-12-02, 07:11 AM
Sorry but I've already put up the recruitment thread to replace you. Not to be funny but two weeks without a word really is pushing it, and it doesn't seem like you'll have the time anytime soon to properly commit anyway.

Defiant
2009-12-02, 05:34 PM
Very well. Have fun.

CockroachTeaParty
2009-12-07, 07:57 PM
Howdy folks! Wick, warforged paladin of the Flame, (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=170222) reporting for duty. Looks like we're in for some hot times in the old town. Whatever that means.

I'll wait for our esteemed DM to finagle a way to properly introduce me.

AngelOmnipotent
2009-12-07, 08:02 PM
Looks like I'm sending you a PM :smallamused:

Eldan
2009-12-08, 11:00 AM
I'll join the "Howdy" of my colleague up there: howdy!
It seems like you will be "gifted" with not one, but two new players!

I will be playing a kind old schoolteacher and librarian (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=170295), not at all conncted to the Silver Flame.

And since there are so many lovely shades of purple on this board, I'll choose one of them:
"Hello, dearie!"

Edit: You said we could take background/fluff feats on level 1... mind if I take "Inquisitive"?

AngelOmnipotent
2009-12-08, 11:59 AM
If you allow me to be lazy and tell me what it does :smallbiggrin:

Eldan
2009-12-08, 12:07 PM
It's from the ECS, the one which allows you to use the search skill to find clues at the scene of a crime or mystery. A lot of text, but that's what it boils down to.

AngelOmnipotent
2009-12-08, 12:35 PM
Okay yeah that fits a lot :smallsmile:

CockroachTeaParty
2009-12-12, 04:20 PM
Well, I'm just glad to see a response. I was afraid I had somehow killed the game...

Eldan
2009-12-13, 10:24 AM
Well, I'm not even in the game yet, so I suggest you hurry up a little :smalltongue:

AngelOmnipotent
2009-12-13, 01:44 PM
A part of me wishes that Bushwhacked would hurry up and do something. If not, looks like its just you three! I'll give him until tomorrow.

AngelOmnipotent
2009-12-14, 05:38 AM
I'm actually going to write comical deaths for both characters in the next post, so best not to take that part seriously :smallbiggrin:

Eldan
2009-12-16, 08:42 AM
You know, in all my time as an online DM, I've used many things to explain vanishing players.
From the simple:

"You turn around and your friend is gone!"
to the plot important:
"But he was a traitor and tries to stab you in the back!"
and the always hilarious
"Not looking where he's going, he steps into one of Sigil's infamous puddles and is instantly swallowed by the sentient mud, dragged to the plane of ooze."

But an illusion? Why has that never occurred to me? :smallbiggrin:

AngelOmnipotent
2009-12-16, 01:48 PM
It's the only thing I could think of, as rocks falling indoors would be kinda silly :smallbiggrin:

I really do hope this game kicks off. I have an epic twist for this story.

CockroachTeaParty
2009-12-16, 05:37 PM
o_o;

*cough*

Well, should we fast forward a bit? Maybe do a plot dump/montage sequence to advance things?

AngelOmnipotent
2009-12-16, 06:23 PM
You need to go into the crypt first :smalltongue:

AngelOmnipotent
2009-12-17, 08:29 PM
Ninja and Cockroach, waiting on you.

AngelOmnipotent
2009-12-19, 06:52 AM
Looks like everyone is as reliable as a chocolate fireguard when it comes to pbp :smallannoyed:

Oh well, I'll start it again later on with new people.

Eldan
2009-12-19, 07:49 AM
Well, I'm still around and waiting. So, if you want to restart it, I'd be ready.

AngelOmnipotent
2009-12-19, 09:59 AM
Well if you want to post and make up for it then be my guest.

CockroachTeaParty
2009-12-19, 07:13 PM
Hmm... yeah... I do need to 'trim the fat,' as it were, so I think I'll drop out of this one formally.