PDA

View Full Version : Rate my character! [M&M]

Malfunctioned
2009-10-13, 03:37 PM
I've just made finished making a character and have entered them to possibly play in a PbP and I was just wondering what you guys think of him.

Here's the sheet. Please critique honestly. (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=159881) :smallbiggrin:

Arakune
2009-10-13, 03:54 PM
A few problems:

I don't remember quite well, but isn't absortion personal by default? And you need to specify how the power is unrealiable (5xday is standard, but still).

I didn't understood the super-senses bit. Can you explain?

The supermovement, what it does exactly? If you want to give some power to someone else, the extra affect others (+0/+1) do it for you (+0 only others, +1 other and you).

I suggest you to (if it's a combat heavy or a combat centered character) always maximize DEF/TGN (your char can benefit from -DEF/+TGN trade-off due to hero theme) and ATK/DMG.

Malfunctioned
2009-10-13, 03:59 PM
A few problems:

I don't remember quite well, but isn't absortion personal by default? Oops, I meant to put that only the Boost is personal.

And you need to specify how the power is unrealiable (5xday is standard, but still).
I thought that it was using the reliability roll unless specified to be the times per day?

I didn't understood the super-senses bit. Can you explain?
Oops, It's ranged tactile sense, I forgot to put that in. :smalltongue: It basically allows him to feel any bursts of kinetic energy (Like by movement) like you would feels waves if you were submerged in water.

The supermovement, what it does exactly? If you want to give some power to someone else, the extra affect others (+0/+1) do it for you (+0 only others, +1 other and you).
See above. :smallredface:

I suggest you to (if it's a combat heavy or a combat centered character) always maximize DEF/TGN (your char can benefit from -DEF/+TGN trade-off due to hero theme) and ATK/DMG.
[/QUOTE]
Pulse is meant to be a normal guy that has only been 'heroing' for a short time so wouldn't have much training, though whilst spinning he has toughness at the PL Cap and his defense isn't too far away from it.

I'll just make those adjustments.

Anything else?

Arakune
2009-10-13, 04:08 PM
You can save some points if you put paralyse and move object all under Kinetic Control as dynamic alternate powers.

Paralyse is Instant/lasting so it will probably stay even if you switch to another power, and since you can't use paralyse and move object at the same time (both use standard actions) putting them in the same power line can save you some points. If you make it dynamic you can even mix and match.

If you can, try to put an extra point in evasion to get evasion 2 and say good bye to most ref checks.

Edit: Oh, and say what is the kinetic control baseline power. I assume it's blast, isn't it?

Malfunctioned
2009-10-13, 04:19 PM
More changes made, I used those points to increase Immovability by 1, increased Super-Speed by 2 and added the Running Punch power feat.