PDA

View Full Version : Some movie questions

Haruspex_Pariah
2009-10-14, 07:43 AM
Hey guys I've been wondering about two movies that I watched some time ago but can't remember the titles. The second one might not be a movie, but the first one I'm sure is.

Mystery Movie 1: Some Allied soldiers are in the desert somewhere. The movie ends with a defensive battle against overwhelming odds. They had a German and Italian prisoner too.

Mystery Movie 2: A child draws a picture on a piece of paper and she somehow goes into the picture. The scary part I remember was when she drew a man, then changed her mind and scribbled his face out. When she went into the world after that, the man was there but he had no face.

Hope you guys can help, they're really bothering me (especially the second one).

Berserk Monk
2009-10-14, 09:16 AM
Hey guys I've been wondering about two movies that I watched some time ago but can't remember the titles. The second one might not be a movie, but the first one I'm sure is.

Mystery Movie 1: Some Allied soldiers are in the desert somewhere. The movie ends with a defensive battle against overwhelming odds. They had a German and Italian prisoner too.

Mystery Movie 2: A child draws a picture on a piece of paper and she somehow goes into the picture. The scary part I remember was when she drew a man, then changed her mind and scribbled his face out. When she went into the world after that, the man was there but he had no face.

Hope you guys can help, they're really bothering me (especially the second one).

No idea what either of the movies are, but that second one sounds like a good piece of horror. Tell me if you ever find out the title.

Myshlaevsky
2009-10-14, 11:05 AM

The first one sounds like Sahara (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sahara_%281943_American_film%29), a 1943 war film. If you liked it, you might want to also check out Ice Cold in Alex (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_Cold_in_Alex).

I don't recognise the second one.

Kobold-Bard
2009-10-14, 11:49 AM
The first one sounds like Sahara (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sahara_%281943_American_film%29), a 1943 war film. If you liked it, you might want to also check out Ice Cold in Alex (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_Cold_in_Alex).

I don't recognise the second one.

Watch Ice Cold in Alex. It's great.

I also didn't recognise either of them sorry.

Linkavitch
2009-10-14, 12:13 PM
The second one sounds really familiar, not like I've seen it before, but I read about it. Let me know if you find it.

comicshorse
2009-10-14, 05:48 PM
Mystery Movie 2: A child draws a picture on a piece of paper and she somehow goes into the picture. The scary part I remember was when she drew a man, then changed her mind and scribbled his face out. When she went into the world after that, the man was there but he had no face

That sounds awfully like 'PAPERHOUSE'. A british film form the late 80's

Haruspex_Pariah
2009-10-15, 06:38 AM
That sounds awfully like 'PAPERHOUSE'. A british film form the late 80's

I checked Wikipedia, and it seems you're right. Interesting, I wonder if they have any dvds or what of it around.

I also looked up Sahara, and it fits my recollection too. I like those old war movies.

Thanks for the help, all.

Forbiddenwar
2009-10-16, 01:07 AM
you can probably get paperhouse from your library. Just fill out a free Interlibrary Loan Form. That's what they are there for. Worse case, you lose 5 minutes and not get the film.