PDA

View Full Version : Hello and a plead for help

myflawedlogic
2009-10-14, 04:04 PM
Hi... My name's Ben. :biggrin:
A friend got me into order of the stick and over the course of a week or two I read all 685 strips.

So anyway...

I'm writing a system (well... a revision of a system I wrote a while ago) and at some point I'll need beta testers (and maybe some people to do the artwork) and I'd be really greatfull if some people would help? :smile:

Anyway... that's about it... mm.

*grumbleIsuckatthisnewpeoplethinggrumble*

Djinn_in_Tonic
2009-10-14, 04:07 PM
Well hello Ben!

This isn't the worst place to look for help playtesting, but I'd personally recommend searching for playtesters in the Play-by-Post section (when you're ready to run a game), or maybe beginning by putting your system up for critique in the Homebrew section: they'll help you iron out any flaws that may be hidden in the rules.

Artwork might fit here, but we do have an Arts and Crafts section which might get you more attention from would-be artists.

Good luck!

-Your friendly neighborhood Djinn.

JellyPooga
2009-10-14, 04:19 PM
I'll gladly read over your material...I've done a little game design myself (I'm really only some funding away from publishing a couple of games I've made), so I've got a fair idea of what hot-spots to look out for!

Depending on how much you have, you can either post it here (or, as Djinn suggests, in Homebrew) or if there's significantly more than is easily transferable, then e-mail will suffice (PM me if you want to do that and I'll give you my address).

Shademan
2009-10-14, 04:39 PM
heck, you even have a would be artist here!
tho'... i have yet to locate a scanner at campus...

Elfin
2009-10-14, 04:40 PM
Welcome. :smallbiggrin:
I'm no expert, but I'd be happy to read over your stuff.

Tyndmyr
2009-10-14, 04:41 PM
A system, you say? Im always curious about new stuff, and love game design(doing a lil bit myself), I'd be happy to give it a shot.

Oh, and welcome to the forum!

Belkarsbadside1
2009-10-14, 06:36 PM
welcome to this forum. Were like one big dysfunctional family, youll fit right in. Anyways, I would love to participate in said system, but I might be busy. Please, Private message me if/when you start it up.