PDA

View Full Version : Pricing feats into magic items

PrinceOfThieves
2009-10-14, 06:47 PM
Has it ever been established how to determine the gold piece value of placing both epic & non epic feats into magic items?

jokey665
2009-10-14, 07:03 PM
I don't think there's an "official" or "standard" way to do this, because it varies wildly by what the feat actually is.

Xefas
2009-10-14, 07:28 PM
Well, there's always the 2nd level Sorc/Wiz spell from the Spell Compendium "Heroics", which grants a single Fighter Bonus Feat that the target qualifies for, and lasts 10 min/level.

So, turning that into a Continuous Magic Item, it'd cost 18,000gp.

For instance, if you wanted a Ring of Martial Study: Clinging Shadow Strike, it'd cost 18k.

Following the rules for Multiple Similar Abilities, a Ring that grants Martial Study: Clinging Shadow Strike and Martial Stance: Child of Shadow (which you now qualify for because of the Martial Study feat), it'd cost 31,500gp.

If you wanted Martial Study: Clinging Shadow Strike, Martial Stance: Child of Shadow, and Shadow Blade as to reduce your rogue's multiple ability dependency, it'd cost 40,500gp.

I think that's all right. Maybe?

Glimbur
2009-10-14, 08:24 PM
ToB Strikes and Boosts are actually already priced out... the section on Magic Items in that book has an item that grants you a maneuver from a discipline, and there is an item and slot corresponding to every discipline.

It's a ticklish question. I wouldn't want to pay very much for Toughness, but Quicken Spell might be handy and Force of Personality or Steadfast Determination are lots of fun. It depends on the feat.

deuxhero
2009-10-14, 09:25 PM
someone has made a list of magic items that grant feats and deconstructed the cost of them. I created a topic asking for a link, I'll check my posting history for it.

edit:found it

http://home.comcast.net/~ftm3/JHtB/feats.html

Also of note is that I am fairly sure martial study is a [fighter] feat. Grab an eternal wand of heroics, 1 [fighter] feat twice a day.