PDA

View Full Version : Spell DC

DnDgeek13
2009-10-14, 11:52 PM
Ok all of you DnD 3.5 addicts out there, i have run into a problem.

I am playing a 9th level beguiler in one of my games and i need a higher spell DC for my enchantments and illusions. I have:

- Spell Focus(enchantment)
- Spell Focus(illusion)

I am aware that I can get:

-Greater Spell Focus(enchantment)
-Greater Spell Focus(illusion)
-Magic items that increase intelligence

Those solutions will come in more levels and more gold but the question that i'm asking is,

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY OTHER WAYS I CAN INCREASE MY SPELL DC? I AM DESPERATE

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-10-14, 11:54 PM
Levels in Fatespinner.

There's a Veil in the MiC that does something like this, but I don't remember the specifics.

AslanCross
2009-10-15, 01:04 AM
Don't forget your Cloaked casting and Surprise Casting class features.

Keld Denar
2009-10-15, 01:14 AM
Veil of Alure, MIC. Only works for Enchantments.

If you wanna go all out, there is Heighten Spell + Earth Spell. This requires you are standing on the ground, and will probably increase your casting time to a full round unless you take Rapid Metamagic (CMage). Has the awesome side effect of jacking up your CL for when you need to penetrate SR. If you are a gnome and going the Earth Spell route, look into the PrC Shadowcraft Mage. There is a low level Shadow spell in the SpC (Dead End?) that you can pick up with Expanded Learning to allow you to qualify already. Rebuilding your feats is just a short short Psychic Reformation away!

tcrudisi
2009-10-15, 01:17 AM
Pharaoh's Fist just caused my head to explode from awesomeness. My favorite 3.5 class (Beguiler) combined with my favorite prestige class (Fatespinner) = rocks fall, everyone else dies.

Isn't there an ioun stone that does it? (after looking, there is: Orange Prism for 30k)

Strand of Prayer Beads

That's all I know of.

Another_Poet
2009-10-15, 01:29 AM
Potions of Fox's Cunning will give you temporary int boosts that can work as a stopgap measure until you can afford a serious int-boost item.

For economic efficiency, get a wand of fox's cunning (and some way of using it, as I doubt it is a beguiler spell). +2 to save DC's every time you use it.

Keld Denar
2009-10-15, 01:45 AM
Isn't there an ioun stone that does it? (after looking, there is: Orange Prism for 30k)

Strand of Prayer Beads

These items only increase Caster Level, not save DC. Caster Level is only really important when you are checking against SR, trying to resist an incoming Dispel Magic, or determining the duration, range, or effectiveness of a spell. CL is relatively easy to increase, sometimes to ludacris levels (see Earth Spell). DC is only affected by a very very very short list of boosts, primarily spell level, stat bonus, a handful of feats, a racial bonus, and a very few select items. Thats really all.

tcrudisi
2009-10-15, 01:47 AM
These items only increase Caster Level, not save DC. Caster Level is only really important when you are checking against SR, trying to resist an incoming Dispel Magic, or determining the duration, range, or effectiveness of a spell. CL is relatively easy to increase, sometimes to ludacris levels (see Earth Spell). DC is only affected by a very very very short list of boosts, primarily spell level, stat bonus, a handful of feats, a racial bonus, and a very few select items. Thats really all.

Hahaha. I knew that, but in between reading his post, replying, and digging through my resources, my wires got crossed. I would never have realized my mistake if you had not pointed it out.

Cyclocone
2009-10-15, 02:26 AM
Tainted Scholar

Snowcasting + Cold Focus + Greater Cold Focus

Violate Spell + Spell Focus: Evil

UMD + wand of Spell Enhancer

Exotic INT boosters like Mushroom Powder

That's all I can think of right now.

Vizzerdrix
2009-10-15, 07:07 AM
Heighten Spell.

Corrupt Metamagic + Malign Spellfocus (or the good versions of both)

Kaiyanwang
2009-10-15, 07:35 AM
I'm away from books now, but there are in

- Magic of Faerun

- Complete Mage

Fey dust able to increase the DC of an Illusion or Enchantment spell by 1 if used as additional material components.

I'm not sure of the schools, but at least the one in MoF (illusion) should be as I wrote it.

So, if you are a great friend or a sworn enemy of fey, you should be able to gather a lot of podwer..

RagnaroksChosen
2009-10-15, 07:37 AM
if you can use setting specific stuff i belive there is shadow weave magic from eaither fmagic of the realms or players guide to farune