PDA

View Full Version : Need help with a BIG battle [Star Wars Saga]

Katana_Geldar
2009-10-15, 06:06 AM
Okay, I GM Star Wars Saga and my entire campaign has basically been a vehicle to this point which I will come to in a few weeks: a big battle that my players are going to have an influence over the outcome. FTR, it's clone wars, just around the time of ROTS and Order 66 is a wild card that I will be playing at some point in the game.

As much as I know how exciting this is going to be, I have no idea how to convey this. I have done big battles before, but they have been pre-scripted where the PCs play a minimal part of hazards on a random encounter table.

Components:

* There's one star destroyer with all the trimmings (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Leveller)
* At least one droid control ship and probably one of those pointy commerce build droid ships as well, with all the trimmings
* A YT-1300, belonging to the players, is in the forest east of the city and they want to get it back as I made it crash for them
* There's a city that can be put into virtual lockdown with energy shields so it can be impregnable, though there is a backdoor through the water treatment plant that I have revealed to the players, it requires a little travel though
* And finally, in the city itself, in the palace where the players broke into a previous game, there's a shady NPC, the real villain of the piece, who has a very strong grudge against an NPC princess that some of the PCs have to protect

I want to give players a little variety in combat situations and some choices as well as some input into the plans, which I will explain when we have the "briefing" prior to the battle. But not enough to drive me insane, the fact that PCs will be a long way from each other (and possibly from my narrative points in the story) is one of my stumbling blocks.
There's also the fact I have a NPC Jedi the players have strong connections with, as well as a PC Jedi who is his apprentice and PC clones, which will make playing my wild card very very interesting if I play it right.

Any help? If I pull this off it would be wonderful, but I am wondering now if I should have stayed with fan fiction. I was still god then, but my minions did what they were told.

mackejn
2009-10-15, 07:57 AM
I'm not really clear what you're asking for, it sounds like you have this planned out already. :smallconfused:

Katana_Geldar
2009-10-15, 05:38 PM
Basically, my question is organisational, as there's going to be a lot of cutting between players in different places. As well as how I can have the players influence the outcome while not make it too chaotic.

My campaign ending is not dependant on the outcome of the battle, so this is going to be their show.