PDA

View Full Version : Spell Card! Hit me! (Persona)

Thanatos 51-50
2009-10-15, 08:52 AM
So, walking around the other day, I discovered a remake of the first Persona game for PSP.
Having loved Persona 3, I picked it up, knowing the game play was going to be very different.

The game is pretty interesting! Anyone want to discuss it?

(Personally, I have no idea what to do with all these Spell Cards I'm coercing from deamons)

Terraoblivion
2009-10-15, 11:15 AM
If it is like in Persona 2, you find Igor and have him use them to make new personas. If it isn't, then i don't have any clue either.

tyckspoon
2009-10-15, 11:18 AM
Actually, if they're like Persona 2's spell cards you use them to teach spells to your persona. It's a useful way to help out your elemental coverage or get some healing/utility spells on an otherwise full-offensive persona (and sometimes sequence-break the spell progressions and get a multitarget or higher-level version of a spell before you would normally level into it.)

Edit: If they're tarot cards, they're used for making personas.

Raroy
2009-10-15, 11:21 AM
In malls and in dungeons there are velvet rooms. You use spell cards to make new persons. You’re going to have to give all members of your party new personas regularly.

I like the game itself. It's old school, and can be frustrating at some points. If your getting status locked you might need to change your battle formation up. I'm currently stuck in the black market. The dang ten floor maze of only one real way to success is so tedious.

What I don't like about the game is that it doesn't have any form of telling you how to play. I feel bad for any new players.

Thanatos 51-50
2009-10-15, 02:38 PM
In malls and in dungeons there are velvet rooms. You use spell cards to make new persons. You’re going to have to give all members of your party new personas regularly.

I like the game itself. It's old school, and can be frustrating at some points. If your getting status locked you might need to change your battle formation up. I'm currently stuck in the black market. The dang ten floor maze of only one real way to success is so tedious.

What I don't like about the game is that it doesn't have any form of telling you how to play. I feel bad for any new players.

So there never really is a lull, eh? I should try to find a weapon shoppe and Velvet Room, then.

Just got out of the Police station, where I let Brown climb aboard, I didn't know that I'd have to be a jerk and refuse him to get one of the other party members.
My current Formation is:

(Nanji) (Space) (Mark) (Space) (Maki)
(Space) (Brown) (Space) (MAIN) (Space)
Because Mark is pretty useless if hes not in the front lines.

Every boss battle so far, the game has taken it upon itself to go on auto-pilot and beat the crap out of every deamon on the screen with a single round of everybody using their Personas and a basic skill.
>.>

Raroy
2009-10-15, 05:28 PM
You'll get to your first real boss fight soon. At around level twenty. Yes, this game's sense of pacing is fantastic.

I took brown as well, with a fast persona with a good ma- skill he is at his best. But knowing that I could of got that one judgment persona girl instead makes me sad.

Thanatos 51-50
2009-10-15, 05:45 PM
Really, I've found out that Brown's default weapon (The spear) automaticall hits all the bad guys in the area it can affect.
This is delicious.

EDIT:
Also, because I'm me, I've been pouring most of the main character's stat upgrades into DEX and AGI. Because I love me some deamon-slaying with guns!
(Also: I downloaded the Shin Megami Tensei free MMO thing. Surprise surprise, first thing I did our of the tutorial was buy a rifle and bullets.)