PDA

View Full Version : [DnD 3.5] Race for Worldthought Medic

Warclam
2009-10-15, 10:43 PM
I'm currently planning a Worldthought Medic, which is a psionic class created by Dreamscarred Press. I won't get into more detail than necessary, but the basic idea of the class is of a psionic healer with the ability to form a telepathic "worldthought network" conferring a variety of benefits.

One of the Medic's abilities is called Steal Health, which will allow me to at-will as a supernatural ability do Lvl+Wis mod damage (2xLvl + Wis with a feat) as a touch attack, and heal that much distributed among members of my network. This character is designed to wade into melee and use that ability as a primary attack, taking mostly utility powers.

There's a problem with my melee Medic idea, though: d6 hit die, which could get me dead in a hurry, even with my main attack healing me. My first thought as to how to solve that problem was to be an Elan with the enhanced resilience feat, to shrug off damage using the power points I'm not using that much anyway.

However, there are better races I could pick, especially since this is an aquatic campaign (ship-based, but swimming would still be handy). Also, the Worldthought Medic does have Vigor as a class power. Is the Elan's ability to reduce damage as an immediate action instead of a standard-action power worth a race and a feat? How would I go about using vigor to its full potential?

Any help would be very much appreciated.