PDA

View Full Version : Builds for fun [3.5]

Coplantor
2009-10-15, 10:49 PM
So, the idea here is to think of a funny concept, and try to make a build for DnD 3.5 as playable and optimized as possible.

My first idea/concept? The transformer!

Requisites: Rocket punches! and alternate forms.

So we need a robot, warforged?

My build fu is kinda weak, but I think the rocket punches could be acheiveable through Kensai, right? Using your fists as weapons you can use the ability to infuse them with magical effects to make them returning weapons.

If you can find a way to make your fists a slashing weapon, you can use whirling blade wich adds int to dmg, maybe there's a way to get a lot of int bonuses, can you get into kensai from warblade? Or factotum? Factotum gives a lot of int bonuses and some spellcasting, wich you can use to cast alter self.

Anyway, do you have any good ideas? And once we have a build for this, we'll look for another silly build to do!

Kylarra
2009-10-15, 10:51 PM
Warforged urban druid (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20070228a) can wildshape into an animated object and back into robot form.

Coplantor
2009-10-15, 10:53 PM
But you gotta wait 16 levels for that, that could be a problem.

Kallisti
2009-10-15, 10:58 PM
I'd say Kensai would be a good option, but how to get transforming without Urban Druid or Shapeshift?

Coplantor
2009-10-15, 10:59 PM
With the warforged beign a construct, cannot he turn into other constructs by means of alter self?

Kylarra
2009-10-15, 11:00 PM
But you gotta wait 16 levels for that, that could be a problem.You were gonna have to wait a ton of levels to get some sort of polymorph into a vehicle anyway, unless we're talking beast wars, in which case just be a standard warforged druid.

Deth Muncher
2009-10-16, 12:02 AM
Warforged Monk/Kensai/Druid.

As a Kensai, get the Throwing and Returning enchantments on your weapons, which are, of course, your fists.

Then take that Urban Wildshape thing that lets you turn into a cart or something.