PDA

View Full Version : Pre-OoTS, IC

Altaria87
2009-10-16, 10:43 AM
It is the 800th year since the creation of World 2.0, and many things are happening. The opposing Nations of Someplace Else and Nowhere are on the brink of war. The Elves have forged a historic alliance with the Southern Kingdom of Emerald City. The Dwarves have finally started to come out of their cities and trade with the Northern Cities. The very first Airship has just been built on Somewhere. The Theive's Guild of Greysky City has just been established. And the HQ of a small Mercenary group has just been lost to an Orc raid, leaving only a few members...

Those of you who have not already awoke to the sounds of destruction rise from your slumber now. The five of you had slept on the far edge of the Mercenary camp last night, and it seems it was a good decision.
All around you you see piles of ash that were once tents, slashed up banners with the Mercenaries' motto on peaces along them, discarded loot lying on the ground, and- most noticably- no-one else. You see a few bones, but that's it, just the five of you, on your own, in the middle of the Western Plains.
---
OOC:
Introduce yourselves and stuff, link to OOC Thread is here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7133775#post7133775), I'll post once everyone's introduced themselves.

Tackyhillbillu
2009-10-16, 01:02 PM
Maik had snapped awake at the sounds of fighting. He wasn't a heavy sleeper, especially with a rock squarely between his Vertebrae. He couldn't see much, but he could hear. And what he could hear told him that he had best not go near. The little halfling had grabbed his equipment, and rather ignomoniously hid in a tall clump of grass. Not the bravest thing, but dying pointlessly wasn't his style. But it seemed the Orcs were gone now, and the Hafling's head popped up out of the grass (though not by much.)

"Anybody alive out there?"

The Halfling gripped the handle of his Dagger, just in case he needed to use it.

Milskidasith
2009-10-16, 01:27 PM
Marcus arose from his bed, looking around intently. He was nothing good to look at. He was short, looked weak, and was covered with mud. His brown hair was greasy and in complete disarray, and he had a barely trimmed beard hanging off his face. He didn't care much for hygeine, because, well, his parents never did, and he hadn't had to deal with pleasant company much. He had a battered wooden club and some basic gear (OoC: Need to add my mundane gear, but can't access my sheet at the moment) strapped to his belt, and some barely protective leather armor about his chest. He also wore a necklace that kept him alert and glowed slightly red, and a tattered cloak that seemed to exude a small blue glow.

Next to Marcus was a crocodile, growling fiercly and looking around. It was a huge crocodile, and far faster and stronger than a normal one. It was dark green, and it's eyes, if you dared look at them, were a fierce brown yellow. Unlike Marcus, the crocodile was wearing incredibly well made armor, though it was hard to see. Fine, almost invisible, links of light blue chain covered the entire body of the crocodile, rising and falling with his scales. It didn't limit the croc's movement at all, but it was incredibly hard to get past. It glowed with magical energy, and even more, there was a small gem inset in his underbelly that seemed to exude energy that kept any loose bits of debris away from him.

Crapdamn, this ain't looking good. Wonder if the people that attacked are still here... might have to go feral for this job.

OoC:

Listen: [roll0]
Spot: [roll1]

I'm going based on my memory; the gear I have listed, and the modifiers on my roll, may be wrong. From where I am, Myth-Weavers is blocked, so I can't check my sheet.

Robert Frost
2009-10-16, 01:30 PM
If one were to associate an animal with which David's sleeping coincided, there would be but one option: that of a bear. His ability to sleep through almost anything, and yet awaken to the sound of any alarm or tap on the shoulder had helped him immensely when his exhaustion had reached his limit. Thus it was odd for him when he began to open his eyes and he was not immediately greeted by the sound of a large encampment hustling about.

"Argh, don't tell me they've left without me..."

He muttered as he stretched out his arms and pulled himself to a sitting position on his bedroll. Momentarily blinded by the morning sun, he closed and opened his eyes a few times to adjust properly. Once he did, he regretted the decision to - noticing the piles of ash and devastation which survived the group with which he'd associated. Startled, he pulled himself out of the bedroll, reaching out for the mace he never kept too far from him during slumber, and waving it about. Going into a defensive stance he shouts,

"Anybody alive?"

Coincidentally, just at the same moment of a similar voice saying words of a similar nature. His eyes darting about, he attempted to find the source of it.

"I heard someone, who goes there?"

Morpheus
2009-10-16, 09:02 PM
Otto Silverleaf

Otto had been up for about 15 minutes. He didn't sleep good last night. Well the fighting didn't help any. He managed to wake up when the fighting started and managed to keep himself safe. He was near a rock by the far edge of camp because he didn't want to lose his belongings. He thanked Tiger for that. He had been doing some praying and the usual morning rituals when he had woken 15 minutes before. He gathered up his equipment and got all ready to go when he was about to summon Flames, his dire weasel mount, when he heard a halfling ask if anyone's alive. Ho! I am here. Otto Silverleaf Paladin of Tiger from Emerald City. He said it multiple times to the others when they awoke. He went and around and tried to find them to figure out who was left alive. Maybe we can find some food to scrounge up thats left to make a semi-decent breakfast, so we can leave off to wherever, and if we leave, together might be better then splitting up.

Xyk
2009-10-17, 08:35 AM
Hmm, what a weird sensation. I don't remember seeing this fight, but here it is.

Farobi sat on the outside of the camp in silent meditation. Apparently he heard the battle but was pretty oblivious to it's actual going-on. When he awoke gently from his trance, he began to think that perhaps his vivid dream was not a dream at all. He stands up, awakens Mr. Fluffeluffin the lovable bird of prey, and strolls over to where he would normally eat breakfast before noticing the burnt tents and corpses.

He frowns.

Hello?! Is anybody- He cuts off and sends his hawk companion to find some people.

Altaria87
2009-10-17, 08:54 AM
You all find each other if you haven't already done so in your post.
OOC: After Otto has said his peice (I mean, he's considered to have done as soon as you found each other) you can say what you do

Robert Frost
2009-10-17, 12:55 PM
He listened to Otto as he spoke, and looked around starting to notice the groupings of people as they began to approach one another tentatively, testing the waters to see if it were safe as it were. It was then that David realized that he needed to pray, as it was morning, and knelt down to begin his prayer, ignoring the others as he began, seeing as his foolishness and inability to awaken on time could get him killed - being without his vital divine magics for a day could be fatal.

After finishing, he approached the nearest of the surviving five, and spoke

"My name is David, I've been with the Mercenary Company for awhile, and it appears that the campsite has been attacked. Is this all of the survivors? And where are the bodies?"

Altaria87
2009-10-17, 12:57 PM
[[I'm sorry if you misunderstood, you're the only five people left. There's no other groups]]

Robert Frost
2009-10-17, 02:23 PM
[[OOC: I meant "of the group of survivors" as in the 5 of us, the nearest of the 5 was what I was saying.]]

Altaria87
2009-10-17, 02:40 PM
[[Oh right, ok]]

Morpheus
2009-10-17, 03:25 PM
Greetings. This is all of the survivors, I think. Just the five of us. Let us take this as a sign from the gods that they meant to band us together so we can do there bidding as a party.

Tackyhillbillu
2009-10-17, 04:28 PM
Maik figured out that the group wasn't about to kill him, so he disentangled himself from his faithful bush and emerged, smiling. Most of his friends for the past few months were dead, and he was out of a job, but such things happened. They were involved in a dangerous business, and they all knew they could end up dead.

"I'm Maik. And as for the Corpses... my guess is they went into the Orc's stomachs and larders. Isn't that what they do?"

Maik sighed, showing no really reaction to the notion of his friends body's being eaten. At the end, it was just meat. He smiled at the Halfling Paladin, glad to see someone else of a proper height around here.

"I dunno about the gods, but I agree with your conclusion. I vote we get the hell out of here... unless someone happens to know where there is some kind of mounts we can get. We need to get back to Civilization before the Orc's figure out that we aren't quite as dead as thought."

Milskidasith
2009-10-17, 06:52 PM
Marcus stood up and looked at the halfling who was suggesting that they ride mounts with a frown. Why did so many people treat animals as mere tools? They weren't intelligent, but they had minds of their own, and taking them for granted like the halfling did just seemed wrong to Marcus.

Just walk on your own two feet; you don't hear Jaws complaining that he doesn't have somebody to ride, do you? Of course, you could actually try riding Jaws, if you wanted to.

Marcus pointed towards the crocodile, still growling and sniffing at the air. It probably wouldn't enjoy being ridden, but it definitely looked like it could enjoy a meal.

Anyway, I agree that we should head back to civilization; we might be able to get a job there, because I don't see anybody willing to hire me out here, unless one of you wants me to knock off another one of you.

Xyk
2009-10-17, 08:37 PM
I think civilization is a fantastic idea...That would be which way?

Farobi desperately hopes that his new comrades don't expect him, the ranger, to actually track their way back. Urban Tracking doesn't help that much in these primitive environments.

Tackyhillbillu
2009-10-17, 08:48 PM
The Halfling shrugged at the complaints from Marcus. He didn't care about those. Maik wasn't going to stop using mounts when convienent just because a tree-hugger wanted him to.

"I'd love to, but a Pony is capable of running quite a bit faster then I can. And my guess is your friend there would love to find a Pony or three himself."

Maik smiled.

Milskidasith
2009-10-17, 09:03 PM
Regardless, we should head towards civilization. However, I'm not exactly sure where that would be... I know where north is, though, if that helps. It's that way.

Marcus points towards the direction that is, in fact, north.

Lemme roll... what is it, survival? We should be able to find our way on a decent roll.

[roll0]

I've got a feeling I rolled well.

(I love this breaking the fourth wall stuff.)

Xyk
2009-10-17, 09:18 PM
Alright, lead away, Mr. Fluffeluffin would be happy to stay in the sky and keep a look-out.

Once for a city, twice for danger, got it buddy? he says to the bird, releasing him into the sky. He hopes it was understood.

Robert Frost
2009-10-17, 11:07 PM
Upon finishing his daily ritual in order to maintain his spells given to him by his deity, the mighty Rooster that wakes up to worship the mighty deity in the sky (i.e. the Sun), David looked upon and listened to the dialog going on about him.

"Well here comes the Sun, and it appears to be quite happy. And since you there, mighty Ranger-Druidy-Sort (my second cousin tommy was a Druid so I know the type), hopefully you'll lead us well."

Dusting off his pants, and rolling up his bedroll which had been cast aside in his fervor to find other people, he finished his preparations and looked up at the rest of the people with a glimmer in his eye.

"I suppose that the best we can hope for is a good random encounter table, so the trip is short, or at least a roll that's in the adventurers favor!"

Chuckling to himself he moved after the others once they decide to begin their movement.

[[OOC: I hope to god we all get to enjoy the 4th wall breaking, I'm going to have a hoot doing it]]

Xyk
2009-10-17, 11:36 PM
Farobi feels his palm come crashing into a face as realization sweeps over him. He forgot to prepare his daily spell!

Oh, hold up guys, I've gotta prepare my spell. I'm thinking Embrace the Wild. Unfortunately it takes exactly as long for me to do this as it does for you to prepare all of yours.

He grumbles to himself about related unfairness as he goes to prepare his single spell. Ridiculous.:smallannoyed:

Milskidasith
2009-10-17, 11:42 PM
Marcus looks around, and seeing his companions spending time meditating, decides he should prepare now as well.

I might as well prepare my spells as well; I'm thinking of Entangle and a few non core buffs for 'ole Jaws.

Marcus then finds a nice open spot covered with grass, and sits down cross legged, his eyes closed, meditating to nature. Of course, Jaws didn't feel like revering nature, and instead walked idly around Marcus and tried to kill a snake he found in the grass by smashing it with his tail.

Tackyhillbillu
2009-10-17, 11:43 PM
Maik sighed, and rolled his eyes.

"Casters. You lot really have to figure out some way to speed that up."

Maik turned to Marcus, and bowed.

"Now lead the way, my Tree-hugging friend."

Altaria87
2009-10-18, 02:26 AM
One Hour Later...
[What, they say it in the strip]
Ok then, Marcus' Survival roll means he knows which way to go when you decide which way to, and here are the seven ways you'd know would be possible IC [you're mercenaries, you know the map]:
-South to Emerald City
-West to a nearby port
-East to Nowhere (mildly chaotic aligned democracy)
-Further East to Someplace Else (mildly lawful aligned monarchy)
-North to Elsewhere (true neutral market town)
-Further North to the Dwarven lands
-To the village nearby (it's in the opposite direction the the Orcs went)
And remember, no matter which way you go, it'll be over unimportant land, so you'll have a total of 1 random encounter. :smallbiggrin:
[This is really just an exercise to speed up the game, so if you don't want to go to a generic village and want to get straight to one of the main countries, you can]

Morpheus
2009-10-18, 08:13 AM
I say we go to Emerald City or to nearby port.

Milskidasith
2009-10-18, 09:03 AM
There's probably work at Emerald City, that's for sure. Then again, it's a pretty lawful place; dunno if I'd go over to well there. Might be easier for me to find a job at Nowhere, so I say we head there.

Xyk
2009-10-18, 12:02 PM
Having never been to Nowhere before, that sounds like a fun adventure and a good opportunity to get his name out of Emerald City.

I agree, Nowhere sounds like a party we can all enjoy.

Robert Frost
2009-10-18, 07:26 PM
David considers the environment about him, and looks at the other adventurers, before speaking a bit.

"So it's a choice between going to Emerald City or Nowhere, and since I'm Somewhere right now I can't go Nowhere, which means that I have to go to Emerald City? But then by going to Emerald city I wouldn't be going Nowhere, which means I would be nowhere important at the moment and therefore not going Somewhere."

He looks around a little bit, before shaking his head to clear it.

"Although I don't entirely understand how... I say we go Nowhere."

Tackyhillbillu
2009-10-18, 08:58 PM
Maik sighed, and shrugged.

"I'd love to go to Nowhere, tis my kind of place. Much better then that stuffy old Someplace Else. However if we don't go somewhere fast, we'll end up being nowhere at all, as in dead. And as we can go anywhere, I vote we go somewhere away from the Orcs, in order to avoid ending up nowhere. Thusly we should head elsewhere, to someplace else, or as properly put the, the flyspeck of a village back the other way."

Maik gave a wide smile at that, perfectly aware of what he was doing.

Morpheus
2009-10-18, 09:00 PM
The port would be good because we could use it as a launching point from which we can go anywhere.

Milskidasith
2009-10-18, 09:06 PM
The port isn't anywhere near Nowhere, and I don't feel like leaving the continent anyway. Also, my crocodile likes to eat people who overuse old sketches.

Marcus winks at the last part.

Morpheus
2009-10-18, 09:11 PM
How 'bout we continue to the village and get some ale or something sustainable and discuss it there rather then out in the middle of a field where we used to be staying that was recently ransacked and everyone but us killed. Otto says.

Milskidasith
2009-10-18, 09:13 PM
There's great food in Nowhere, I know that much. Sorcey's cafe, I think they called it. Said something about knowing Prestidigitation and having ranks in Profession: (Cook) when I asked. Eh, NPCs, you'll never figure them out.

Tackyhillbillu
2009-10-18, 09:21 PM
The Halfling nodded as his kindred sided with him.

"See, he gets the idea. Lovely as bandying about recycled routines is, we should really get going before more Orcs show up."

He wasn't about to be dissauded from his point of view just because an offer of food was made.

"I'm not opposed to going to Nowhere, but for now let's just head to the Village. Otherwise we'll stand out here till our random encounter gets bored and finds us."

Milskidasith
2009-10-18, 09:23 PM
Bleh, the DM's just going to get annoyed and warp us somewhere anyway, so we might as well head to the village. It's clear we aren't going to agree any time soon, but that swings it to a majority for the village.

Xyk
2009-10-18, 11:03 PM
Is the DM some sort of combination of Dog and Monkey? That's a weird pair. Anyways, the village sounds alright. Lead us there, please.

Farobi is getting a little bit peeved at bickering and is ready to go somewhere. Even if it's not Nowhere.

[[[[You don't mention the DM in OOTS-style. Remember we live in a world that happens to run by D&D physics and rules but is not just a game of D&D. Even the goblin teens were worshipping Harold or something like that if I remember correctly, they never called him a DM.]]]]

Robert Frost
2009-10-19, 12:07 AM
David looks solemnly at the rest of the party, listening intently to the entirety of the conversations which occurred around him.

"So I suppose we should get going to Nowhere fast."

Altaria87
2009-10-19, 10:51 AM
[My only reaction to this discussion is :smalleek:]
Well it appears you set off to the village to the south where you generally get supplies (it's such a short distance there's no random encounter).
When you get there you see there's no damage been done to it and it's the same as usual. With the good old "Welcome to Plaintown" sign.
In your field of view are:
-Shyntlara's Baker
-The Mistrustful Skeleton Inn
-Laurelmor's Blacksmith
-The Complicated Ranger Trader
So yeah, what do y'all do now?

Milskidasith
2009-10-19, 11:59 AM
Err... do we actually need anything? As best as I can tell, we don't actually have any spare cash right now. At best we might find a quest here, but... I doubt it. Might as well head to the inn for the stereotypical barkeeper who gives us a sidequest about killing some group of somethings somewhere relatively near here.

Altaria87
2009-10-19, 01:57 PM
As the five of you enter the inn the most noticable sight is a fight going on tot he side, it appears to be between a Halfling Duel-Wielding Daggers and a Human fighting with his fists, the Human has a few scratches here and there, and the Halfling has a vast quantity of bruises, and the two are now both expertly dodging each other's attacks, while the crowd cheers them on.
As you sit down at a table, before you can order drinks or anything, a person in a black robe obscuring all his features sidles up to you.
"You five are from the Mercenary group aren't you?"

Xyk
2009-10-19, 04:47 PM
Why, yes, actually, that's a strange guess just out of the blue. Can we help you?

Farobi is uncomfortable around this odd stranger. His pale skin crawls a little bit. Of course, very little outward reaction to this is expressed. He wonders how this person might know they are part of the mercenary company. He doesn't personally have any symbols or regalia that might suggest his allegiances. Anyone important enough not to have a face is important enough to listen to, though. That's what his father always told him.

Morpheus
2009-10-19, 05:07 PM
We were Otto says ordering a tasty ale.

Milskidasith
2009-10-20, 01:18 AM
Yeah, I take it you have a job, then? Marcus motions over for a bartender.

Any guts you weren't going to use, please. Jaws is hungry, y'see. Also, why are the two people over there fighting?

Altaria87
2009-10-20, 10:43 AM
"Oh, don't worry, I've seen you around before, and yes, I do have a job."
Meanwhile, the barman walks over to take your orders, the black robed man makes a dismissive motion towards him, at first the barman looks offended, then realises that the person he was dismissed by was in a black cloak and was faceless, and gladly steps back.
"Anyway, the job, in the plains to the east there's been some sightings of these strange beings killing merchants, and we just can't have that can we? So, what do you say, there's only three of them to kill, and the reward is negotiable. Here's a picture of them by the way."
The man then holds out a rough sketch of a figure, that is shaped like a human, seemingly made purely out of stone and from the scale seems to be about ten foot tall and holds a sword, it has markings on it such as a broadsord symbol and a wolf's claw.
[Knowledge (religion) check to identify what it is]

Robert Frost
2009-10-20, 04:44 PM
"Well I think I've seen that symbol before... Let me do a roll for that"

[roll0]

"Er... Well maybe I can't identify it. But I imagine, being out of work Mercenaries that we are... We'd still be happy to help."

Xyk
2009-10-20, 06:25 PM
I don't think knowledge checks can even be made untrained... Farobi mutters to himself, thinking.

Well, I'm up for it, do you have any better directions than "east" or will we have to actually track these things down? Also are we absolutely sure there are only three?

Different calculations run through his elf-y head. Seems to be made of stone, so that'll probably warrant a tougher sword than I have. Cold Iron won't work at all, silver will do little. Steel is my best bet unless I can come across something mithral or adamantine. Actually something like that will be easier to capture with a trap and then behead. I may need shovels.

He then turns to his party.
We may need shovels.

Milskidasith
2009-10-20, 07:37 PM
Huh, why would we need shovels? I can just get Jaws to grapple his legs off. His teeth won't mind, and if they do, I'm sure we can eventually get them filled with Adamantine.

Tackyhillbillu
2009-10-20, 07:47 PM
Maik sighed, ignoring the goings on to watch the fighting. He sighed, turning back from something interesting to this nonsense. He looked at the fellow, and shook his head.

"Don't care. How much will you be paying?"

Maik tried to move the conversation onto the infintely more important question, before turning back to the fighting.

Altaria87
2009-10-21, 11:51 AM
David can not work out what the creature is.

"Well, they've been terrorising anything that comes from the east, so just go on that road and you should find them one way or another. And as for you, Halfling, I'll pay you each 900 Gold pieces, plus you can keep any loot you find."

Milskidasith
2009-10-21, 12:00 PM
900 GP? At our level? What do you think we are, level fours still scared of Sonic Burst's and a big enough pack of wolves?

Altaria87
2009-10-21, 12:21 PM
"Hey it's negotiable, I'll give you a little tip, Diplomacy checks work wonders."

Robert Frost
2009-10-21, 12:48 PM
"Diplomacy check... I suppose I'll give it a go."

[roll0]

"An 11. I see how it is, I guess maybe you get what you pay for, and without at least an even 1,200 a head you're paying 3/4 of what we're worth."

Altaria87
2009-10-22, 02:53 PM
"I guess I can give 1300 apiece, but no higher."
[presuming you have no other things to say]
You finish your meal and the black robed man pays for it, saying
"Now don't say expenses aren't paid."
You also see at the other side of the inn the Halfling has came out the victor of the fight.
[assuming you have no other business]
The 5 of you set out on the Eastern trail
Make Spot and Listen checks

Xyk
2009-10-22, 04:46 PM
Spot- [roll0]
Listen- [roll1]

I got a 20 and a 30 on a spot and listen check. Look out, guys.

Milskidasith
2009-10-22, 04:59 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

Dammit, I think I just failed a spot check.

Robert Frost
2009-10-22, 05:07 PM
Spot [roll0]
Listen [roll1]

"Wow me and those 11s this week, sort of a long one I suppose."

Morpheus
2009-10-22, 06:03 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]

I did pretty well on my rolls. Thank the gods.

Tackyhillbillu
2009-10-22, 07:13 PM
[roll0] Spot
[roll1] Listen

---

"It appears the gods still favor me. I'll take a one high roll and one low over two middle of the range ones... specially when I don't have any ranks invested in them."

Altaria87
2009-10-23, 02:09 AM
[[Ok, that was to throw ya'll off, the thing wasn't even trying to hide]]
You all see a huge stone figure advancing towards you, it is about ten feet tall and is carrying a large greatsword.
[I'll take the liberty of rolling initiative OOC, to speed things up]
Otto
Marcus
Farobi
Maik
Enemy
Jaws
David
Farobi's Hawk
The map looks a little like this:
-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-
-|-|-|E|-|-|-|-
-|-|-|E|-|-|-|-
-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-
-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-
-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-
-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-
-|-|Mi|-|O|-|-|-
-|-|-|Mr|J|-|F|H
-|-|D|-|-|-|-|-
-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-
E=Enemy
Mi=Maik
O=Otto
Mr=Marcus
J=Jaws
F=Farobi
H=Farobi's Hawk (forgot it's name)
D=David

Milskidasith
2009-10-23, 04:17 PM
OoC: Otto, you here?

Morpheus
2009-10-23, 06:48 PM
ooc: oh, haha. :smallbiggrin:

Otto says Lets go at him! He then moves towards him 20 ft.

Milskidasith
2009-10-23, 08:21 PM
Marcus begins to wave his hands around. With a flourish he touches Jaws, giving him a bit of luck in battle, and then waves his hands a bit more. A massive, crocodile like set of jaws appears floating to the right of the first construct. The jaws, shimmering and translucent, smash into the stone, attempting to latch on.

This'll teach you to try attacking us!

Rolls:

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Every grapple check made deals an additional 2d6, so escaping hurts too. It's all force damage.

Xyk
2009-10-23, 11:28 PM
Farobi wonders how they let a 10 foot stone figure get to within 30 feet before noticing it. This is an unfortunate turn of events.

He advances towards it while drawing his steel longsword and steel short sword from his handy haversack and strikes the beast as best he can.

Attack- [roll0]
Damage- [roll1]

OoC- The hawk's name is Mr. Fluffeluffin. I forgive you, it's a hard name to remember.

Xyk
2009-10-23, 11:30 PM
I rolled a 19!

Critical Threat- [roll0]

I don't remember how critical threats work, my games usually just count them as crits. I assume a d20 is rolled but I don't know what to add to it.

Edit: @V: Ah well, at least it's a solid hit. Hopefully the damage reduction won't do too much.

Milskidasith
2009-10-23, 11:31 PM
Some people just don't have a head for the rules now, do they? If you critical threat, you autohit, and roll another attack. If it hits, you crit; if not, you hit normally. A 15 probably isn't good enough.

Altaria87
2009-10-24, 01:29 PM
Farobi does, in fact, crit
Also, I'm going to assume the enemy gets an opposed grapple to Marcus' attack?
[roll0]
Well, it works anyway, and Maik is up

Milskidasith
2009-10-24, 01:46 PM
So any hardness on these things, or am I doing full damage (not that force damage would be affected, but I could know if Farobi was).

Altaria87
2009-10-26, 10:54 AM
Nope, no hardness
(by the way, sorry about not posting yesterday, internet got cut off for the entire town)
I'll come back to here later and do the rest (I'll be taking over Maik's move) because I don't want my internet to time out while I'm posting

Tackyhillbillu
2009-10-26, 11:10 AM
OOC: Sorry I haven't posted, life has been hectic.

Maik sighed and moved forward a bit before flicking out his hand and sending a dart and his dagger flying at the creature.

Maik moves 10 feet forward, and attacks twice.

To hit, Dagger
[roll1] Threat Confirmation

[roll2] To hit, Dart
[roll3] Threat confirmation

[roll4]Dagger Damage
[roll5] Dart Damage

Altaria87
2009-10-27, 10:16 AM
[Sorry, can't update map, I'm kinda in a rush]
The creature attacks Farobi with its Greatsword
[roll0]
[roll1]

Altaria87
2009-10-28, 11:23 AM
Also note: Jaws, David then Mr. Fluffenstein (or whatever) are up

Milskidasith
2009-10-28, 11:48 AM
I can't access my sheet right now, so I can't see my stats, but Jaws moves to the closest enemy (the one being grappled, so no dex to AC for it) and smashes it with his tail. (It's at a +1 bonus to hit and damage because of nature's blessing, which I cast as a swift action. Probably should name the spells I cast.)

Anyway, attack:
Damage: [1d12

Since I don't have the modifiers... just add them in.

Milskidasith
2009-10-28, 11:51 AM
Rerolling damage (if it even hit, though a six plus attack bonuses may be pretty good against that thing's flat footed AC:

[roll0]

Robert Frost
2009-10-28, 12:07 PM
"I think somebody better cut this one down to size, or bite, whatever the most appropriate means may be."

David walks his thirty foot movement speed, happy that he chose a chain shirt instead of medium armor which would otherwise reduce his movement speed, moving adjacent to both Farobi and Jaws.

"Let me cast Bull's Strength on you little fella, the better to bite this critter with."

David casts Bull's Strength on Jaws, +4 enhancement bonus to strength, +2 effective modifier to attacks and damage if it did not have an item that did that previously

Xyk
2009-10-28, 04:57 PM
Mr. Fluffeluffin decides he would be more or less useless in this fight and simply flies his maximum speed to the upward direction. He will serve as a lookout for this thing's buddies.

Altaria87
2009-10-29, 02:57 PM
The Hawk sees the other two creatures running up to the battle, one holds a bow, the other a greatsword, the Hawk motions to Farobi that the other enemies are coming.
Otto, Marcus, Farobi and Maik are up

Xyk
2009-10-29, 05:30 PM
I'm not going to take my action now, just a free action for speech.

Hey guys! His buddies are comin' on fast, I think an Entangle or Web or something would help us to take them one at a time.

Morpheus
2009-10-29, 07:08 PM
Otto attacks the being with his already drawn sword.

[roll0]
[roll1]
Let us worry about this foe, unless one of us wants to attack them both. Let them come to us. He says with a smirk :smallamused:.

Altaria87
2009-11-01, 11:20 AM
Marcus is up, I'd do his move for him, but he's online, so if you see this, you're up ^_^

Altaria87
2009-11-03, 11:42 AM
(Init.)
Otto
Marcus
Farobi
Maik
Enemy
Jaws
David
Farobi's Hawk
-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-
-|-|-|E|-|-|-|-
-|-|-|E|F|-|-|-
-|-|-|O|-|-|-|-
-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-
-|-|Mi|Mr|-|-|-|-
-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-
-|-|-|-|-|D|-|-
-|-|-|-|J|-|-|H
-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-
-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-
E=Enemy
Mi=Maik
O=Otto
Mr=Marcus
J=Jaws
F=Farobi
D=David

Marcus moves closer to the enemy, his club drawn.
Farobi and Maik are up (I'll be updating a bit faster from now on, but Mondays will always be a downtime)

Xyk
2009-11-03, 06:14 PM
Farobi draws his steel short sword in his off hand and swings his main blade at the enemy whom he hit last. He is a little peeved that nobody wanted to set a trap for these guys, making him be on the front line. Next time he'll be more vocal about it.

Attack- [roll0]
Damage- [roll1]
Critical threat (just in case) [roll2]

Tackyhillbillu
2009-11-03, 07:03 PM
Maik catches the dagger easily as it flies back into his hand, and swiftly moves up, taking a flanking position with respect to Farobi. He draws his Rapier, and strikes at the creature, stabbing with both the Rapier and the dagger.

Rapier Attack
[roll0] To hit
[roll1] Crit confirmation
[roll2] Rapier Damage [roll3] Sneak Attack

Dagger Attack
[roll4] To hit
[roll5] Crit confirmation
[roll6] Dagger Damage [roll7] Sneak Attack

Altaria87
2009-11-04, 11:45 AM
(Init.)
Otto
Marcus
Farobi
Maik
Enemy
Jaws
David
Farobi's Hawk
E|E|-|-|-|-|-|-
E|E|-|E|-|-|-|-
-|-|Mi|E|F|-|-|-
-|-|-|O|-|-|-|-
-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-
-|-|-|Mr|-|-|-|-
-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-
-|-|-|-|-|D|-|-
-|-|-|-|J|-|-|H
-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-
-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-
E=Enemy
Mi=Maik
O=Otto
Mr=Marcus
J=Jaws
F=Farobi
D=David
As the enemy you've been mainly fighting begins to crumble, two more rush in from the northwest, one with a bow, one with another greatsword, meanwhile the one barely standing strikes Maik with its sword.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Altaria87
2009-11-05, 04:11 PM
And I forgot to mention, Jaws, David then Otto, Marcus, Farobi and Maik are all up

Robert Frost
2009-11-05, 04:54 PM
((OOC: I'll take my action now to help people out - since I've waited a good amount of time and no one has acted))

"Here, I'll go ahead and give some support!"

David cries out as he rushes to move adjacent to both Otto and the creature Otto is beside, bringing out his weapon at his waist he attempts to smack the being with his heavy mace.

[roll0] to hit
[roll1] to confirm if crit
[roll2] damage

Morpheus
2009-11-05, 05:43 PM
[roll0] (I think i critical failed, so does anything happen?)
[roll1]

Otto attacks again bringing the sword down upon his foe

Altaria87
2009-11-07, 02:10 PM
Farobi and Maik are up

Xyk
2009-11-07, 02:57 PM
Oh, my bad guys, I always forget my place in initiative.

Farobi then whirls around, bringing both blades at the creature's legs. He looks worriedly at the other enemies, thinking this one is dangerous enough as is. Retreat may be an option.

Longsword Attack- [roll0]
Short Sword Attack- [roll1]
Longsword Damage- [roll2]
Short Sword damage- [roll3]

Altaria87
2009-11-07, 03:05 PM
On Farobi's attack, the enemy crumbles completely and falls to the floor as a pile of dust.
Maik is still up

Tackyhillbillu
2009-11-07, 03:57 PM
Maik stabs his Blades into the creature stands beside, before hurling himself away from the creatures.

[roll0] hit
[roll1] crit confirmation

[roll2] Damage

[roll3] hit
[roll4] crit confirmation

[roll5] Damage

(Auto-success on Tumble)

"Tumble ranks are always helpful!"

The Halfing places himself behind Farobi and to the Left of Otto, trying to keep from being the target next time.

Altaria87
2009-11-07, 04:08 PM
(Init.)
Otto
Marcus
Farobi
Maik
Enemy
Jaws
David
Farobi's Hawk
-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-
-|E|-|E|D|-|-|-
-|E|-|E|F|-|-|-
-|-|-|O|Mi|-|-|-
-|-|J|-|-|-|-|-
-|-|-|Mr|-|-|-|-
-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-
-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-
-|-|-|-|-|-|-|H
-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-
-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-
E=Enemy
Mi=Maik
O=Otto
Mr=Marcus
J=Jaws
F=Farobi
D=David

The new enemy wielding a greatsword that Maik struck now attacks Otto:
[roll0]
[roll1]
And the Bow wielder fires at David:
[roll2]
[roll3]

Jaws, David, Otto, Marcus, Farobi then Maik are up

Altaria87
2009-11-11, 11:36 AM
(guess no-one looks at the OOC)
David, Otto, Maik and Farobi are up

Robert Frost
2009-11-11, 04:58 PM
"Feel the power of flanking you foolish pile of dirt!"

David says as he moves to flank the adjacent creature, attempting to once again smash it with his heavy mace.

Shift to flank with Otto

[roll0]
[roll1] confirmation

damage [roll2]

"Wait, I forgot to add in the +2 from flanking, maybe that will hit him..."

Altaria87
2009-11-15, 01:40 PM
((it hit him anyway))
Otto is up

Altaria87
2009-11-17, 04:07 PM
Ok, if Maik or Farobi see this, they can skip Otto's move, if he doen't post I'll fill in for him afterwards

Xyk
2009-11-17, 05:50 PM
Hmm, Otto is taking forever, Maik, you wanna go ahead?

Farobi is glad that his foe was crushed after just a few rounds. They apparently have no damage reduction despite their appearance.