PDA

View Full Version : Homebrew Feat

Mongoose87
2009-10-16, 03:00 PM
Uncommon Sense
Prerequisite: Wisdom 14 or higher, Intelligence 10 or lower
Special: May only be taken at first level
Description: You may not be the sharpest tool in the shed, but you're certainly the most versatile. You may use your Wisdom instead of your intelligence to determine the number of skill points you are allotted.

Background: I've always felt that low-intelligence characters are crippled. Just because you want to roleplay someone that's not quite so smart, you end p being completely dull in the skills department. Thus, I arrive at this.

EDIT: Thank you PumkinEater for the formatting.

PumpkinEater
2009-10-16, 03:06 PM
Uncommon Sense
Description:
You may not be the sharpest tool in the shed, but you're certainly the most versatile. You may use your Wisdom instead of your intelligence to determine the number of skill points you are allotted.

Background: I've always felt that low-intelligence characters are crippled. Just because you want to roleplay someone that's not quite so smart, you end up being completely dull in the skills department. Thus, I arrive at this.

I've seen a version of this feat, but it did away with the maximum Intelligence requirement, and your maximum ranks in class skills was reduced by 1.

By the way,

Uncommon Sense
Description: You may not be the sharpest tool in the shed, but you're certainly the most versatile. You may use your Wisdom instead of your intelligence to determine the number of skill points you are allotted.

It's easier to read entries like these if you bolden those parts.

Uncommon Sense

Here, I did it for you! Just copy and paste!

Mongoose87
2009-10-16, 03:09 PM
That's actually a maximum intelligence requirement. The character is at best of average intelligence to have this.

PumpkinEater
2009-10-16, 03:15 PM
That's actually a maximum intelligence requirement. The character is at best average intelligence to have this.

My bad, that's what I meant. Haha, I thought "maximum intelligence requirement", and then I thought "Wait, no, that's wrong." And here I am, going to edit my post.

I remember seeing another variation of your feat, that also had no maximum intelligence requirement, and did the exact same thing your feat did, but you also lost one skill point per level.

boomwolf
2009-10-16, 03:34 PM
Yet another "Move attribute bonus to another attribute" fat.

I actually like them though.

Allows some classes to remove some MAD.

Although some wis-based are overpowered anyways (cleric and druid I'm looking at you)

Averagedog
2009-10-16, 04:17 PM
I like this feat. it would have made my player's lives much easier :D.

Mongoose87
2009-10-16, 04:18 PM
Yet another "Move attribute bonus to another attribute" fat.

I actually like them though.

Allows some classes to remove some MAD.

Although some wis-based are overpowered anyways (cleric and druid I'm looking at you)

The ones I really had in mind were Monk and Paladin. Though, it's not bad for a fighter-type either, who wants to play the old "dumb-fighter" trope.

Ouranos
2009-10-16, 04:37 PM
You can be dumb and wise. It really does work. Just because you don't know how to make a plow or an axe yourself, you certainly understand how to use one farmer Joe. Tons of exampls where a guy is no smarter then average farmer Joe, but has plenty of life experience and sense in his head to know not to touch the peice of gold jewelry sitting out in the open... (hiding a trap underneath it :P)

PumpkinEater
2009-10-16, 05:06 PM
Another Wisdom feat!

Mind over Matter
Prerequisite: Wisdom 12 or higher
Description: You replace your constitution modifier with your wisdom modifier in terms of determining hit points. However, lowering of your constitution score still causes loss of hit points. Lowering of your wisdom score has no effect on your maximum number of hit points.

Actually, this would probably be better as a class feature for monks at 1st level. Whatever.