PDA

View Full Version : Supagoof's Supa-Sensational Silly Symphonies Set Sizzingly On Fire Random Banter #131

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Phase
2009-10-25, 09:48 PM
Mmmm. My stomach is full of hot soup and homemade Spinach Calzone. I'm ready to sleep now.

Zocelot
2009-10-25, 09:52 PM
You're Tyler Durden.

Coincidentally, I'm watching Fight Club for the first time as I type this post.

Rutskarn
2009-10-25, 10:28 PM
More Lucas Quotes:

Rutskarn: (statement about Millard Fillmore)

Lucas: Could he have a boner?

Rutskarn: He's dead.

Lucas: Yeah, but, like, could he?

Bystander: He had children, so I'm guessing that yes, he must have.

Lucas: Like, how may boners did he have?

Rutskarn: Where are you going with this.

Lucas: (starts laughing maniacally)

Rutskarn: I'd be shocked if data existed on that.

Lucas: Maybe he had a physical.

Assassin89
2009-10-25, 10:29 PM
Coincidentally, I'm watching Fight Club for the first time as I type this post.

Aren't the Rules of Fight Club that you do not talk about Fight Club, and repeat first rule, but with more emphasis. Because I think you broke them.

Hell Puppi
2009-10-25, 10:40 PM
Aren't the Rules of Fight Club that you do not talk about Fight Club, and repeat first rule, but with more emphasis. Because I think you broke them.

Then you, like, triple-broke them.

:smalltongue:

The Extinguisher
2009-10-25, 11:04 PM
Too sick to get flu shots.

How does that make any sense!

Nomrom
2009-10-25, 11:08 PM
My brother got a flu shot, and now he's sick. Coincidence? Probably.

Cobra_Ikari
2009-10-25, 11:11 PM
...didn't someone say something about flu shots triggering flu-like symptoms due to the way your body reacts? Unsure. But it would make sense.

That said, I don't think you could sell something on "Won't make you sick! Will prevent you from getting sick! But for the next few days, will make you feel exactly like you're sick, even though you aren't!" >.>

Coidzor
2009-10-25, 11:14 PM
Well, inoculation is generally a better bet than not, as it does seem to actually do some good rather than merely minor-level harm.

Nothing's a guarantee, not even "Always CE" :smalltongue:

Dallas-Dakota
2009-10-26, 12:41 AM
Usually flu-shots are either:
Small weaker versions of that kind of flu
Which will give you the disease, jst weaker and smaller and such. And thus usually also probably the symptoms for a couple of days
But generally works much better then the second option of
injection some pre-made anti-virus thingies.
DD is not a doctor or has any medical diploma...Except maybe that first aid diploma...That expired three years ago...

Alteran
2009-10-26, 12:51 AM
Usually flu-shots are either:
Small weaker versions of that kind of flu
Which will give you the disease, jst weaker and smaller and such. And thus usually also probably the symptoms for a couple of days
But generally works much better then the second option of
injection some pre-made anti-virus thingies.
DD is not a doctor or has any medical diploma...Except maybe that first aid diploma...That expired three years ago...

I don't believe that's quite it. It's not a weaker version of the disease, but a dead version. Your body recognizes the dead bacteria or viruses, so that when you're exposed again it'll be immediately prepared to fight off the infection. However, many symptoms of sickness are actually induced by your body to help fight off infection, or byproducts of that fight. The body may have a similar immune reaction to the vaccine, although if it does occur it shouldn't be as bad as it would be for a real infection. For some diseases, that would defeat the purpose of the vaccine.
Alteran is also not a medical doctor, and did not find references for this. It would be nice if somebody who is actually qualified can tell us what's exactly right, but I'm not sure if we have any people like that in RB. I seem to remember that somebody here has an advanced education in Biology? Is it Thes Hunter?

The Extinguisher
2009-10-26, 12:53 AM
I'd love to get the flu shot.

But apparently you have to be healthy to get one. I've got a pretty bad cold right now, and I was supposed to go tomorrow to get it. Oh well.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-10-26, 01:01 AM
Well I really don't know that much. Got a 6 on my high school biology and that was that.

Yes, that's Thessie.

Zeb The Troll
2009-10-26, 01:06 AM
I don't believe that's quite it. It's not a weaker version of the disease, but a dead version. Your body recognizes the dead bacteria or viruses, so that when you're exposed again it'll be immediately prepared to fight off the infection. However, many symptoms of sickness are actually induced by your body to help fight off infection, or byproducts of that fight. The body may have a similar immune reaction to the vaccine, although if it does occur it shouldn't be as bad as it would be for a real infection. For some diseases, that would defeat the purpose of the vaccine.
Alteran is also not a medical doctor, and did not find references for this. It would be nice if somebody who is actually qualified can tell us what's exactly right, but I'm not sure if we have any people like that in RB. I seem to remember that somebody here has an advanced education in Biology? Is it Thes Hunter?Yes, Thes is attending medical school and is one of the more knowledgeable about medical topics. I think there may be others. Lacking that, however, the CDC (http://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/qa/fluvaccine.htm) website confirms that the "flu shot" is killed virus that triggers the immune reaction making a person better able to fight off the real flu. However, the "flu mist" vaccine contains weakened live viruses.

Destro_Yersul
2009-10-26, 06:27 AM
I don't think I need the flu shot, myself. I've got a pretty good immune system, and haven't been really sick for some time now. Figure I'll let them save the stuff for people who do need it.

Haruki-kun
2009-10-26, 09:12 AM
Apparently, I am going to be late for this theme week. As usual. :smallyuk:

@V: Aww... thanks, man! :smallbiggrin:

Fostire
2009-10-26, 09:32 AM
Apparently, I am going to be late for this theme week. As usual. :smallyuk:

Don't worry, you're still awesome :smallbiggrin:

Coidzor
2009-10-26, 09:55 AM
Man, I hate getting sick. First I started having a cough yesterday afternoon. Now I have some fluid in my lungs and last night I started getting a fever and chills.

So annoying.

Gullara
2009-10-26, 10:05 AM
More Lucas Quotes:

Rutskarn: (statement about Millard Fillmore)

Lucas: Could he have a boner?

Rutskarn: He's dead.

Lucas: Yeah, but, like, could he?

Bystander: He had children, so I'm guessing that yes, he must have.

Lucas: Like, how may boners did he have?

Rutskarn: Where are you going with this.

Lucas: (starts laughing maniacally)

Rutskarn: I'd be shocked if data existed on that.

Lucas: Maybe he had a physical.

This "Lucas" guy sure is... ummm... interesting?

Man, I hate getting sick. First I started having a cough yesterday afternoon. Now I have some fluid in my lungs and last night I started getting a fever and chills.

So annoying.

Ya I was sick like a week ago, now my whole family is sick.

Coidzor
2009-10-26, 10:08 AM
I recommend never leaving any open drink containers where Lucas can get to them, myself. Sounds like he's bad enough without anything else getting into him or him slipping you something, Rutsky.

Also, check your locks to make sure they're not easily bashed down and your windows are secured.

Dragonrider
2009-10-26, 10:20 AM
Back to flu shots: I don't get flu vaccines, ever, because I have reacted poorly to every shot I have ever gotten, ever since I was a baby. The last ones were when I was about fourteen. That was a milder reaction; my arm just swelled up and hurt for a week and a half.

The most memorable was Hep-A; I was 10 and had a 106 degree fever and was vomiting all night. They wouldn't let me get the booster shot. :smalltongue:

So with that history, it's probably better for me to avoid anything that's not absolutely necessary.

Coidzor
2009-10-26, 10:23 AM
Um. Ow. And wow.

Dirk Kris
2009-10-26, 10:27 AM
I just feel...off.
No surprise to those who know me - I'm clearly not quite right.
Worried about a friend of mine who seems hopelessly trapped in a bad relationship.
Tired of wanting things I can't have.

Ugh...someone get me some chocolate. I'm having a woman day. :smallamused:

Neko Toast
2009-10-26, 10:47 AM
I just feel...off.
No surprise to those who know me - I'm clearly not quite right.
Worried about a friend of mine who seems hopelessly trapped in a bad relationship.
Tired of wanting things I can't have.

Ugh...someone get me some chocolate. I'm having a woman day. :smallamused:

I have Nestle Crunch bars. >.> *gives some*

I'm a bit like that now, too. Got back from an anime convention, and awaiting an email from my friend. When he called me on Saturday saying that he wasn't going to make it to the con, he sounded exhausted or something. It was hard to hear him, so I dunno what exactly was wrong. Just hoping that he's doin' alright.

And now I shall go get lunch.

Phase
2009-10-26, 04:03 PM
I'm feeling a little down as well. Stress is piling up. Time to listen to Tiny Tim!

In other news, a friend of mine had a seizure over the weekend. :smalleek: She's supposedly fine, and she'll be back from the hospital tomorrow, but it's still scary.

Cobra_Ikari
2009-10-26, 04:04 PM
I'm feeling a little down as well. Stress is piling up. Time to listen to Tiny Tim!

In other news, a friend of mine had a seizure over the weekend. :smalleek: She's supposedly fine, and she'll be back from the hospital tomorrow, but it's still scary.

=\

*huggles lots*

V'icternus
2009-10-26, 06:21 PM
Well, I hope she's alright, Phase.

...Here, have a cookie. *Gives cookie*

Coidzor
2009-10-26, 06:35 PM
Hmm, today is not a very good day for most of the playground, it seems. :smallfrown:

...And now I want chocolate. *shakes fist at Slaya for reminding him of crunch bars*

CurlyKitGirl
2009-10-26, 07:34 PM
Well, I am now the proud 'owner' of a vocal score for Rossinni's Little SOlemn Mass. Which I paid a tenner deposit for. Fairly chunky, but not as hard as I'd thought it would be.

I too have a craving for chocolate. Two weeks now since I've had some, and I'm not entirely sure why I've stopped. All I know is that I'm starting to lose weight, probably because while I am eating regularly I'm not eating enough or something.
I need sweeties! Or a fizzy drink! Something sugary at least.
And my mouth tastes funny, but I put that down to two hours of singing followed by two and a half hours of 'I should be drinking something, but I'm not because I've got to finish this essay'.
:smallsigh:
At least I'm over and done with for Bildugsroman. Wish I had my essay list though so I could remember what this week's set essay'll be on.

Coidzor
2009-10-26, 07:45 PM
I too have a craving for chocolate. Two weeks now since I've had some, and I'm not entirely sure why I've stopped. All I know is that I'm starting to lose weight, probably because while I am eating regularly I'm not eating enough or something.
I need sweeties! Or a fizzy drink! Something sugary at least.
And my mouth tastes funny, but I put that down to two hours of singing followed by two and a half hours of 'I should be drinking something, but I'm not because I've got to finish this essay'.
:smallsigh:
At least I'm over and done with for Bildugsroman. Wish I had my essay list though so I could remember what this week's set essay'll be on.

What part do you sing?

Maybe you're losing weight because you're more active as well? But you do seem to have developed an odd dietary thing. With your small stomach not being able to eat much at lunch (or was it dinner you were talking about?).

And say no to dehydration, Koorly.

Dr. Bath
2009-10-26, 07:55 PM
Well I'm having a pretty good day. Mainly due to my wallet perhaps turning up. I can only check in the morning though. And I may have annoyed the police. I mean, I wasn't to know it was just lost, but still. Woooo.

I need to find a Zaphod-ish stupid gaudy jacket by Thursday. For cheap monies, what are the suggestions from the playground floor?

Phase
2009-10-26, 07:56 PM

Bad idea, you need that sorta thing in order to make new proteins! Say yes to peptide bonds!

Coidzor
2009-10-26, 07:58 PM
Bad idea, you need that sorta thing in order to make new proteins! Say yes to peptide bonds!

Wait, what? Dehydration is needed to form new proteins? :smallconfused: That seems.... suspect...

Dr. Bath
2009-10-26, 07:59 PM

And I thought the moon didn't have life...

I think the only solution is to smash more things into it.

@^ The process is also known as Condensation (takes hydrogens and oxygens off the end of molecules and makes em into water). And is the opposite of Hydrolysis.

Recaiden
2009-10-26, 08:00 PM
And I thought the moon didn't have life...

I think the only solution is to smash more things into it.

Clearly, we have to keep hitting it until all the water is gone. Then dehydration synthesis will bring it to life!

Mr. Mud
2009-10-26, 08:00 PM
So today, in weight training class (we share the gym with Freshman Phys Ed) I watched a classmate go into a freshman bookbag, find his lunch, open in, throw the omnoms around in the bookbag to get to a soda at the bottom. He then took the soda, drank it and threw it away laughing to himself all the while. Maybe I should of stopped him (in fact, I should've) but I'm not going to break someone's nose for nabbing a $.70 Rootbeer.

And that's just it. an 18 year old human being, legally A MAN stole from a 13 year old kid. From a struggling family. My faith in humanity really, really dwindles these days.

Alteran
2009-10-26, 08:03 PM
Wait, what? Dehydration is needed to form new proteins? :smallconfused: That seems.... suspect...

This is a dehydration synthesis reaction (also known as a condensation reaction), and usually occurs between amino acids.

:smallwink:

From here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peptide_bond).

Edit: Drat, ninja'd while I found a source.

CurlyKitGirl
2009-10-26, 08:04 PM
What part do you sing?

Alto.

Maybe you're losing weight because you're more active as well? But you do seem to have developed an odd dietary thing. With your small stomach not being able to eat much at lunch (or was it dinner you were talking about?).

Yeah, I'm more active, but it's not that I have a small stomach; it's fairly large actually; well at home it is, but here I can't eat a 'full' meal it seems. Overly generous servings perhaps?

I have!

Well I'm having a pretty good day. Mainly due to my wallet perhaps turning up. I can only check in the morning though. And I may have annoyed the police. I mean, I wasn't to know it was just lost, but still. Woooo.

Awesome! Knew it'd turn up eventually.

I need to find a Zaphod-ish stupid gaudy jacket by Thursday. For cheap monies, what are the suggestions from the playground floor?

Hallowe'en party? I've just about given up finding anything for myself. Not like I'd even look nice in anything anyway.

Dr. Bath
2009-10-26, 08:09 PM
Just so you know, dehydration also occurs in other bonding processes, such as when bonding saccharides. Always organic though. The moon plot thickens...

Don't worry about not eating so much. Sometimes I forget to eat for days. It is perhaps not the best plan.

Yus, Zaphod seems like a safe choice for both the Physics Halloween party and the Scifi one. Also pff. Don't be all like that, dressing up is fun! No one looks particularly good anyway.

CurlyKitGirl
2009-10-26, 08:11 PM
Yus, Zaphod seems like a safe choice for both the Physics Halloween party and the Scifi one. Also pff. Don't be all like that, dressing up is fun! No one looks particularly good anyway.

Tch.
You know how much money I have.
For the rest of you: technically I'm £919 in debt and waiting for some kind of money to come through rom somewhere so I'm not cadging free living off the uni.
I has no money, and while I do have a gypsyish top, I have nothing to match it.

Dr. Bath
2009-10-26, 08:17 PM
Some kind of trousers or long skirt? And a bandana/tea towel. Done and done. Another fashion dilemma solved by Dr. Bath.

Aw I'm sorry to hear about the funding stuff. My friends having problems too, he's living off 'probably bolognese' and some horrible 'I'm pretty sure there was a potato in it' soup, also repeatedly begging the university to delay the deadline for paying fees and hall fees.

Coidzor
2009-10-26, 08:23 PM
Tch.
You know how much money I have.
For the rest of you: technically I'm £919 in debt and waiting for some kind of money to come through rom somewhere so I'm not cadging free living off the uni.
I has no money, and while I do have a gypsyish top, I have nothing to match it.

A short skirt and a sarong? You could probably throw a sarong together by cobbling together some bandanas...

Phase
2009-10-26, 08:44 PM
My 'peers' are having a conversation over e-mail that is being distributed to the whole of the year. I have never been more ashamed to be grouped among that group of mouth-breathers.

Dr. Bath
2009-10-26, 08:46 PM
Man. I really dislike the term 'mouthbreather' I've never heard it here in Britain, only from Americans, but it still seems like a rather abitary thing to judge people on.

What if they have a cold? :smallfrown:

Fostire
2009-10-26, 08:48 PM
My 'peers' are having a conversation over e-mail that is being distributed to the whole of the year. I have never been more ashamed to be grouped among that group of mouth-breathers.

I told you not to hang out with phobos and deimos, those guys are trouble.
:smalltongue:

Phase
2009-10-26, 08:53 PM
I told you not to hang out with phobos and deimos, those guys are trouble.

Those guys are awesome. Us and Charon play Poker every Wednesday night. It's the guys around JUPITER that peeve me off. They just coast on the success of their host planet.

Not like me and Terra...

:smallredface:

Coidzor
2009-10-26, 09:08 PM
Man. I really dislike the term 'mouthbreather' I've never heard it here in Britain, only from Americans, but it still seems like a rather abitary thing to judge people on.

What if they have a cold? :smallfrown:

It always annoys me because sometimes I'm so stuffed up from allergies that I have to breath through my mouth because I'm not allowed to blow my nose.

I hate those bastards so much for not letting me blow my nose. Hate. So. Much. Hate.

Those guys are awesome. Us and Charon play Poker every Wednesday night. It's the guys around JUPITER that peeve me off. They just coast on the success of their host planet.

Not like me and Terra...
:smallredface:

...:smallannoyed: Hey now. No getting any ideas there!

We live on her, you know.

Dr. Bath
2009-10-26, 09:14 PM
@Phase: Don't you be getting any ideas! There's be neither hanky nor panky, we don't need any catastrophic flooding or mass extinctions thank you very much.

@Coidzor: Who bans you from blowing your nose? :smallconfused: My bafflement is tangible.

badam104172
2009-10-26, 09:19 PM
well, sorry to interrupt from all the other playgrounders assorted illnesses and general woes, but I have one of my own.
I need a way to kill someone, in writing.
It has to involve them somehow opening, touching, or otherwise activating a box, which then causes some odd force to kill them.
I've tried a lot of things, including lightning, dropping back dead for no particular reason, and some demon thing coming out and stabbing the character.
Please, any assistance is helpful.

Phase
2009-10-26, 09:22 PM
Don't you be getting any ideas! There's be neither hanky nor panky, we don't need any catastrophic flooding or mass extinctions thank you very much.

Sol would tease me a lot if I even tried. Plus Terra feels it's more tectonic platonic anyway, and I don't want to ruin that.

Coidzor
2009-10-26, 09:23 PM
@Phase: Don't you be getting any ideas! There's be neither hanky nor panky, we don't need any catastrophic flooding or mass extinctions thank you very much.

@Coidzor: Who bans you from blowing your nose? :smallconfused: My bafflement is tangible.

Mostly churches where I'd be stuck for over an hour with no ability to get out to head to the bathroom unless I actually started spurting blood.

And even then a couple of times I got yelled at for making a scene when I ran out holding my nose to avoid getting blood on people.

And ex girlfriends of mine, they all pretty much absolutely hated the sound of someone blowing their nose, like, at all.

I had one friend of mine who I ended up sleeping with someone turn me down when I asked if she wanted something more regular because she'd have to kill me if she were subjected to such things more often than she already was.

Zocelot
2009-10-26, 09:24 PM
well, sorry to interrupt from all the other playgrounders assorted illnesses and general woes, but I have one of my own.
It has to involve them somehow opening, touching, or otherwise activating a box, which then causes some odd force to kill them.
I've tried a lot of things, including lightning, dropping back dead for no particular reason, and some demon thing coming out and stabbing the character.

I'd leave it up to the reader's imagination what happens to the character, just be explicit that it is really horrifying and then leave it as a cliffhanger and cut to another scene. If possible, have other characters find the room painted in blood so that it is clear that the character is dead.

Alteran
2009-10-26, 09:24 PM

Lever that triggers a falling anvil (or perhaps piano). People say it's a cliche, but it's a cliche because it works.

Thes Hunter
2009-10-26, 10:42 PM
My tickets for my spring break trip to a very poor region of Haiti to provide medical assistance has been purchased! Hurray!

Now I need to start worrying about getting my passport.... :smalleek:

Anuan
2009-10-26, 11:08 PM
I am getting this for christmas.
http://www.roninswords.com.au/new%20art%20ronin/henwai%20art/henwai%20product%20photos/medievil/practical/Practical-Viking.jpg

I'm getting my friend this] alongside so that we may have many an epic sparring match.
http://www.roninswords.com.au/new%20art%20ronin/henwai%20art/henwai%20product%20photos/medievil/practical/Practical-Basket-backsword.jpg

I am quite pleased. Of course, this all hinges on my inherritance actually coming in...

toasty
2009-10-26, 11:09 PM
My tickets for my spring break trip to a very poor region of Haiti to provide medical assistance has been purchased! Hurray!

You don't have a passport? :smalleek:

I've had a passport since almost the day I was born. Of course, I was also born in India (My original Birth Certificate is in Marathi!) so that might be the reason why. :smalltongue:

Of course, what I don't have is a driver's license

Thes Hunter
2009-10-26, 11:14 PM
I have an expired passport that I have never gotten around to renewing, because I could always find something to spend the 60 (or however much) on right then.

Now, I have to, if I want to leave the country, or to get tasty dim sum....

mmmmm.... dim sum....

toasty
2009-10-27, 12:07 AM
You know what I hate? British spelling.

No actually, I hate that the British and everyone else (except the Canadians?) spell things one way and the Americans (and... maybe South America...) spell it the other. I'm reading The Time Machine and the main character is The Time Traveller in my book, but actually, I need to spell it the Time Traveler. It buggeth me.

WHY DO WE HAVE TO BE DIFFERENT! AARGH! AMERICAN IS SOOO STUPID! :smallfurious:

The Extinguisher
2009-10-27, 12:10 AM
But... u's mauke eveurythiung sou preutty.

toasty
2009-10-27, 12:31 AM
But... u's mauke eveurythiung sou preutty.

I agree. America as a whole does not. This is the cause of my frustration.

Also: tyre pwns tire, and theatre pwns theater.

Alteran
2009-10-27, 12:36 AM
Also: tyre pwns tire, and theatre pwns theater.

Disagree, agree. I'm Canadian, so I've been taught a mix of British and American spelling conventions. It's a bit confusing at times. :smallannoyed:

The Extinguisher
2009-10-27, 12:38 AM
Disagree, agree. I'm Canadian, so I've been taught a mix of British and American spelling conventions. It's a bit confusing at times. :smallannoyed:

I know. It's so annoying. Can't we, as a nation, pick one and stick with it.

toasty
2009-10-27, 12:40 AM

Well I can use both (generally... spelling maneuver would confuse me) but I dunno... I just prefer how British spelling looks.

Plus everyone hear uses it, except me, which bothers me.

Alteran
2009-10-27, 12:47 AM
I know. It's so annoying. Can't we, as a nation, pick one and stick with it.

Perhaps even as a world of English-speakers. It's gone over well with the conversion to the metric system, with few exceptions (*glares at America*), I think the establishment of a universal convention on English spelling and grammar would be doable. Then, of course, it would all degrade as the language develops naturally in the different regions where it's spoken. Oh well.

Well I can use both (generally... spelling maneuver would confuse me) but I dunno... I just prefer how British spelling looks.

Plus everyone hear uses it, except me, which bothers me.

I generally prefer British spelling as well. U's all around!

Coidzor
2009-10-27, 02:14 AM

Passport first. Tickets second... :smallconfused:

Canadia, you just can't decide whether you like having a british or american boyfriend, it's really rather sad.

toasty
2009-10-27, 02:20 AM
*glares at America*

Indeed. What is a Fluid Ounce?! Why would anyone in their right mind want to remember that 16 (?) ounces are to a pound and five thousand something feet are to a mile... it stupid.

EndlessWrath
2009-10-27, 02:26 AM
My brother said I looked like mario today. I have long hair, a moustache, I wear all black, I'm average build, and I'm extremely pale. most of all I'm 3D. o.O

in other silly news my dog broke his 4th heavy set tie out meant for pit bulls, labradors, and golden retrievers. He's a miniature Schnauzer. :smalleek:

-Wrath

Coidzor
2009-10-27, 02:27 AM
I believe the word you're looking for is "Arbitrary."

Destro_Yersul
2009-10-27, 04:47 AM
Passport first. Tickets second... :smallconfused:

Canadia, you just can't decide whether you like having a british or american boyfriend, it's really rather sad.

We may owe our loyalty to the Queen, but being right next to America is, in the words of someone whos name I forget, like sleeping next to an elephant. No matter who you are, you'll be affected by every twitch.

Dr. Bath
2009-10-27, 05:10 AM
I believe the word you're looking for is "Arbitrary."

Well, actually there is a reason for all the funny divisions of Imperial units, particularly when it comes to weights. Before the advent of counting machines, calculators and other such things a metric system using divisons of ten was just unfeasable. Decimals were pretty much useless too, pretty much everything was done in fractions. How the heck do you divide into 10? It's much more difficult than say... halfing it, halfing it, halfing it and halfing it again (16 divisions), you can do that quite precisely even on ancient scales (I know, I've tried it on a babylonian one!). And then with distance measurements there the approximate body part thing (a foot is about the length of one's forearm, a yard is about one stride etc.) It wasn't arbitrary then, although it may seem it now.

Now Troy, there was a weird weight scale. :smallwink: which again had uses at the time.

Destro_Yersul
2009-10-27, 05:56 AM
Good lord, I'd forgotten how expensive glasses are. Between the eye exam to make sure nothing was wrong, the lenses and the new frames, I'm down $450.

Coidzor
2009-10-27, 06:00 AM
Ow... I feel a lot better about being able to get mine for about 280 now...

Except I can't remember offhand how much the eye exam was to check my prescription to see if my eyes had settled yet.

Quincunx
2009-10-27, 06:34 AM
Thes Hunter, how are you all getting the supplies through Haitian customs? From the accounts of missionary expeditions to Haiti, even after cutting out authorial bias, there was quite a problem with things 'going missing' during customs inspection--corruption. Unfortunately, these are also accounts from people who would never dream of trying to disguise or smuggle their supplies to get them through intact, so I don't know what else to add. . .

Good lord, I'd forgotten how expensive glasses are. Between the eye exam to make sure nothing was wrong, the lenses and the new frames, I'm down $450.

Hear, hear! That's about as much as I had to plunk down for mine. My husband gets away with two pairs for less than what mine cost. Hurrah for cheap clip-on sunglasses lenses. Full credit to Specsavers, though, for putting tips on the end of the arm bars well past the end of the test period and still not charging for the repair. (It'd been so long since getting the last pair that I'd forgotten putting my hair up would snag the arms and twist the glasses.)

toasty
2009-10-27, 06:51 AM
Ow... I feel a lot better about being able to get mine for about 280 now...

Except I can't remember offhand how much the eye exam was to check my prescription to see if my eyes had settled yet.

My brother's glasses cost less than $50. :smallbiggrin: There are advantages to living in the 3rd world sometimes...

Etcetera
2009-10-27, 07:20 AM
I got my glasses (mostly) off the NHS. I will say no more of it however.

Destro_Yersul
2009-10-27, 07:21 AM
One bright spot is that the new ones will have titanium frames. I suspect they'll last even longer than this pair did (Stainless steel).

Etcetera
2009-10-27, 07:24 AM
Titanium frames will last a long time (4 years in my case), but be prepared to have them get bent out of shape. Eventually I had to replace mine because they wouldn't sit on top of my head properly, but the frame never broke. Or the lenses, but that was most likely good luck.

Destro_Yersul
2009-10-27, 07:48 AM
I've never had a lens break, but then my lenses are really thick. As for the frame, the steel ones never bent, they just, one day, decided to snap. Admittedly, I had them for 4-5 years. still, it's been a bit of a bugger walking around with the lens taped to the rest of the frame with electrician's tape.

Quincunx
2009-10-27, 08:05 AM
I've had cats damage two of my pairs of glasses; kittens chewed on the toy they found on the table in the few seconds between changing shirts and left a dent in the lens, and a cat with a fondness for earwax sought out the arms of unattended glasses to gnaw on them.

Metal frames are wonderful. I lived through the '80s and its fashion for eyeglasses of unusual size--in plastic. Plastic has no flexibility upon impact. Can't even donate old eyeglass lenses if the frames are shattered, and that's something we all ought to do.

toasty
2009-10-27, 08:53 AM
Today, just a few minutes ago, I started the reading Dune.

Now I'm gonna play mount and blade... I'll read more tomorrow.

Gullara
2009-10-27, 10:29 AM
I am getting this for christmas.
http://www.roninswords.com.au/new%20art%20ronin/henwai%20art/henwai%20product%20photos/medievil/practical/Practical-Viking.jpg

I'm getting my friend this] alongside so that we may have many an epic sparring match.
http://www.roninswords.com.au/new%20art%20ronin/henwai%20art/henwai%20product%20photos/medievil/practical/Practical-Basket-backsword.jpg

I am quite pleased. Of course, this all hinges on my inherritance actually coming in...

Nice swords, I with I could talk someone into getting me a sword for Christmas. I think a nine ring broadsword would be cool.
http://www.wle.com/media/W365-T.jpg

Rutskarn
2009-10-27, 10:34 AM
Nice swords, I with I could talk someone into getting me a sword for Christmas. I think a nine ring broadsword would be cool.

...how would those be even slightly useful to have on your hacking weapon, exactly? I mean, if that was a sword built for actual battle.

Gullara
2009-10-27, 10:38 AM
...how would those be even slightly useful to have on your hacking weapon, exactly? I mean, if that was a sword built for actual battle.

I believe the rings were for distraction, and I really don't know how practical it would be but it would look cool mounted on my wall.

Kneenibble
2009-10-27, 10:38 AM
There was some fatty fat fatty in Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, when the girl dressed as a boy fought all those bandit-ninjas in the restaurant, who had a big sword with rings on it like that. They jingle-jangled when he swung it around, until she cut them all off with the Green Destiny (but sure didn't help him much).

Maybe they **** up the wound if the sword can ever bite its own width deep... otherwise I would think it's only jingle-jangleyness.

Gullara
2009-10-27, 10:40 AM
There was some fatty fat fatty in Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, when the girl dressed as a boy fought all those bandit-ninjas in the restaurant, who had a big sword with rings on it like that. They jingle-jangled when he swung it around, until she cut them all off with the Green Destiny (but sure didn't help him much).

Maybe they **** up the wound if the sword can ever bite its own width deep... otherwise I would think it's only jingle-jangleyness.

Hmmm... I think they were used to catch your opponents weapon as well but I'm not sure.

CurlyKitGirl
2009-10-27, 10:56 AM

That is hardly a practical sword! From the placement of the rings it would ruin whatever hacking impact the weapon had to start with!
It's a two - handed broadsword, roughly three feet long (I guessing, but anything larger would be very unwieldy) which means that two and a half foot length of steel is effectively nullified.
You can't kill someone if the jangle gives you away.
There's no point in stabbing someone with a hacking weapon; might as well go for a short sword instead.
Those rings look thick enough to prevent the blade from biting in properly; and while it may make a wound difficult to heal let me ask you this: how many people do you know who would be able to withstand a giant hole through their torso that has ripped through quite a lot of arteries, organs and fleshy bits?
Answer: very few, even with modern technology. Or if they did it'd be with transplants and a heck of a long time recuperating in hospital with an extrememly high chance of secondary infection.
If anything, that sword reduces the chances of dying of your wounds because it reduces chances of penetration, and then the rings could catch on something and make it very ahrd to withdraw, so guess what. You've just lost your weapon.

Really, that sword would be of no use to you if you ever had to use it. Go for something more functional even if it doesn't look as nice.

Gullara
2009-10-27, 11:10 AM
That is hardly a practical sword! From the placement of the rings it would ruin whatever hacking impact the weapon had to start with!
It's a two - handed broadsword, roughly three feet long (I guessing, but anything larger would be very unwieldy) which means that two and a half foot length of steel is effectively nullified.
There's no point in stabbing someone with a hacking weapon; might as well go for a short sword instead.
Those rings look thick enough to prevent the blade from biting in properly; and while it may make a wound difficult to heal let me ask you this: how many people do you know who would be able to withstand a giant hole through their torso that has ripped through quite a lot of arteries, organs and fleshy bits?
Answer: very few, even with modern technology. Or if they did it'd be with transplants and a heck of a long time recuperating in hospital with an extrememly high chance of secondary infection.
If anything, that sword reduces the chances of dying of your wounds because it reduces chances of penetration, and then the rings could catch on something and make it very ahrd to withdraw, so guess what. You've just lost your weapon.

Really, that sword would be of no use to you if you ever had to use it. Go for something more functional even if it doesn't look as nice.

I actually just wanted to get a replica of this, if at some point i got a real sword I'd probably go with a katana or a regular broadsword. Or maybe a gladius.

Fostire
2009-10-27, 11:20 AM

I'm no sword expert, but I'm pretty sure the sharp edge is on the other side of the sword.

Gullara
2009-10-27, 11:25 AM
I'm no sword expert, but I'm pretty sure the sharp edge is on the other side of the sword.

Did she say that it wasn't? *Rereads post* Sounds like it. Well yes the rings are on the back side of the sword.

bosssmiley
2009-10-27, 11:33 AM
*oohs at pretty swords. Prods CKG for her weapon-related brainfart*

Ya need to watch more wuxia films, or maybe Deadliest Warrior on Bravo (but that's only if you have a tolerance for cheesy voiceover, testosterone poisoning and fanboi power over fact). :smallwink:

Unrelated: now, either the computer I'm using to access GITP isn't working optimally (40-oddpieces of background crapware sucking up system resources will do that), or it's google, facebook ~and~ mozilla home that are all going wrong today. Any bets? :smallconfused:

Ikialev
2009-10-27, 11:51 AM
Yes, but when you hack someone with it, the rings will halt movement of the sword.

Rutskarn
2009-10-27, 12:26 PM
Wikipedia says the ring sword was basically just for performances. It probably was never used in actual battle.

Gullara
2009-10-27, 12:43 PM
Wikipedia says the ring sword was basically just for performances. It probably was never used in actual battle.

Really? Still looks cool though.

Thes Hunter
2009-10-27, 01:00 PM
Thes Hunter, how are you all getting the supplies through Haitian customs? From the accounts of missionary expeditions to Haiti, even after cutting out authorial bias, there was quite a problem with things 'going missing' during customs inspection--corruption. Unfortunately, these are also accounts from people who would never dream of trying to disguise or smuggle their supplies to get them through intact, so I don't know what else to add. . .

Hear, hear! That's about as much as I had to plunk down for mine. My husband gets away with two pairs for less than what mine cost. Hurrah for cheap clip-on sunglasses lenses. Full credit to Specsavers, though, for putting tips on the end of the arm bars well past the end of the test period and still not charging for the repair. (It'd been so long since getting the last pair that I'd forgotten putting my hair up would snag the arms and twist the glasses.)

Quin, we are working with an organization that has done this before.

We will be working with an FDA rep to make sure all our drugs meet export guidelines, and I will get one suitcase to myself, and I have to dedicate one suitcase to drugs and equipment. I wouldn't be surprised if things went missing in customs.

Which is why I will not be bringing my cellphone, my computer or etc with me. If it's not scrubs, shoes, hiking clothes and etc I am not bringing it. I may bring my Ticket to Ride card game, but likely that will be the only things of 'value'. :smallwink:

CurlyKitGirl
2009-10-27, 01:11 PM
I have just learnt something.
Everything I know is either wrong, or means nothing. Accursed English! Seriously.

Also I don't know what to eat tonight? Soup, soup, soup or jam sandwich? Or a bread and butter sandwich. Or weetabix without milk?

Also it's movie night tonight. What should I watch?

Gullara
2009-10-27, 01:33 PM
I have just learnt something.
Everything I know is either wrong, or means nothing. Accursed English! Seriously.

Also I don't know what to eat tonight? Soup, soup, soup or jam sandwich? Or a bread and butter sandwich. Or weetabix without milk?

Also it's movie night tonight. What should I watch?

What kind of soup?

CurlyKitGirl
2009-10-27, 01:40 PM
Cream of veg., chicken and veg. or mushroom and veg.

Etcetera
2009-10-27, 01:48 PM
Chicken and vegetable. Speaking as a vegetarian, I think it tastes nice (I'm assuming it's Heinz), but is woefully understaffed in the chicken department.

CurlyKitGirl
2009-10-27, 01:49 PM
It's generic, brandless cuppa - soup.

Kneenibble
2009-10-27, 01:53 PM
Why are all your dinner options each barely food?
Secondly, you should watch Fargo.
Or The Big Lebowski.

Eldpollard
2009-10-27, 01:55 PM
I'd go for a jam sandwich myself. Jam has fruit, ergo it is healthy. I'm sorry, but that is how nutritional science works.
As for films. Hmm, it rather depends what you like. Have you ever watched Sir Henry at Rawlinson End? It's a somewhat odd film from *looks at DVD case* 1980 and based on an album of the same name.
It's unusual and quite wonderful.

Etcetera
Mmmmmmmmm!
Generic cuppasoup. Probably won't have much chicken in there then. It may even be quorn...

Lyesmith
Today I have eaten : Some popcorn, and 2 oranges.
But I'm having a proper dinner tonight, so that's OK.

What did people do today/last night?

Eldpollard
2009-10-27, 01:56 PM
Mmmmmmmmm!
Generic cuppasoup. Probably won't have much chicken in there then. It may even be quorn...

Like "beef" and tomato pot noodle. No beef whatsoever. It therefore makes a perfect vegetarian snack. Well... not perfect, lacklustre really.

CurlyKitGirl
2009-10-27, 01:57 PM
Why are all your dinner options each barely food?
Secondly, you should watch Fargo.
Or The Big Lebowski.

University student.

I'd go for a jam sandwich myself. Jam has fruit, ergo it is healthy. I'm sorry, but that is how nutritional science works.
As for films. Hmm, it rather depends what you like. Have you ever watched Sir Henry at Rawlinson End? It's a somewhat odd film from *looks at DVD case* 1980 and based on an album of the same name.
It's unusual and quite wonderful.

Soup and jammy dessert is it!
On a sidenote; no less than three people (I've only had these three in my room for some reason) have said my inclination to eating digestive biscuits with butter and jam is peculiar.
Is it?

Eldpollard
2009-10-27, 02:01 PM
University student.

Soup and jammy dessert is it!
On a sidenote; no less than three people (I've only had these three in my room for some reason) have said my inclination to eating digestive biscuits with butter and jam is peculiar.
Is it?

See? It's two courses. That makes it a full and proper meal!

Odd? Almost certainly. Delicious and a tasty treat? I'm positive! As a child I had a peculiar fondness for jam (which I seem to be trying to capitalise every time I type it, it's obviously that important) and cucumber sandwiches.

Kneenibble
2009-10-27, 02:10 PM
Bleh. The romantic appeal of starving myself with cheap fillers didn't take long to wear off since I've been a student. When false economy becomes massochistic...

Lyesmith
2009-10-27, 02:12 PM
Bleh. The romantic appeal of starving myself with cheap fillers didn't take long to wear off since I've been a student. When false economy becomes massochistic...

Students are often chronologically displaced. It varies from person to person in scale, but some severe cases may actually need a time macine to fix.

Also, we're amazingly good at not being hungry.

Dr. Bath
2009-10-27, 02:17 PM
Students are often chronologically displaced. It varies from person to person in scale, but some severe cases may actually need a time macine to fix.

Also, we're amazingly good at not being hungry.

I'm great at it. Forgetting to eat is a staple of a healthy non-diet.

Rich tea biscuits covered in nutella are suprisingly tasty.

Eldpollard
2009-10-27, 02:36 PM
So, with hallowe'en being on Saturday I'm curious as to what everyone has planned. Personally I shall be going drinking whilst dressed as Rorschach of Watchmen fame. All I have left to do is make the mask.

Lyesmith
2009-10-27, 02:38 PM
So, with hallowe'en being on Saturday I'm curious as to what everyone has planned. Personally I shall be going drinking whilst dressed as Rorschach of Watchmen fame. All I have left to do is make the mask.

Science Pirate.

Laboat.
Steampunk goggles (with an eyepatch over one of them)
Either a bandanna or straightened, stuck-up and spray-dyed white hair.
Skull and crossbones T
Scimitar
Drawn-on pirate beard.

Kneenibble
2009-10-27, 02:40 PM
:frown:

Wow.
I spent several hours working on a Hallowe'en avatar of a drow-budgie dressed like Darius Midnite, and then Inkscape crashed and I lost all my work because I hadn't saved yet. It was looking really good too. How the works of this material world come to naught. LE SIGH.

Heh. Science pirate. That's excellent.

A bunch of friends and I are going to a social dressed as characters from Alice in Wonderland. I'm going to be sexy white rabbit.

Lyesmith
2009-10-27, 02:42 PM
:frown:

A bunch of friends and I are going to a social dressed as characters from Alice in Wonderland. I'm going to be sexy white rabbit.

...Oh? What does that involve?:smallamused:

Coidzor
2009-10-27, 02:44 PM
Odd? Almost certainly. Delicious and a tasty treat? I'm positive! As a child I had a peculiar fondness for jam (which I seem to be trying to capitalise every time I type it, it's obviously that important) and cucumber sandwiches.

Also, nutritionally devoid of value. Cucumber sandwiches have to be on white bread unless you're a barbarian, and cucumber is little more than water. Jam has a smidgen of fruit in it, but is, of course, concentrated sugarness. :smalleek:

Koorly: Try eating a bit more balanced, like, get some slightly fresher than soup veggies for instance.

Dr. Bath
2009-10-27, 02:44 PM
I plan to buy a ridiculous jacket tomorrow to finish a Zaphod Beeblebrox ensemble, but I'm not sure how to do the second head properly...

Mauve Shirt
2009-10-27, 02:46 PM
I'm going to a Gogol Bordello concert tomorrow. What should I wear?

Dogmantra
2009-10-27, 02:46 PM
I plan to buy a ridiculous jacket tomorrow to finish a Zaphod Beeblebrox ensemble, but I'm not sure how to do the second head properly...

Parrot cage covered up on the shoulder. Go by "Phil".

Dr. Bath
2009-10-27, 02:50 PM

Purple.

Duh. :smalltongue:

@^ Not a bad idea... I was considering drawing a face on my neck like the new film version Zaphod.

Kneenibble
...Oh? What does that involve?:smallamused:
Well I haven't finished assembling it yet, but I'm hell-bent on it involving spandex. Rest assured there will be sexy white rabbit pictures after the weekend. :3

Quincunx
How did you settle on the Zaphod jacket? Just going to buy one of egregious size and cover it with strips of sticky-back paper in hideous, bargain-bin designs?

Dogmantra
2009-10-27, 02:51 PM
I was considering drawing a face on my neck like the new film version Zaphod.

What new film?
mumble mumble rubbish mumble no respect for the source material grumble stinks mumble opening is actually quite watchable grumble...

Lyesmith
2009-10-27, 03:03 PM

Start wearing purple wearing purple!

Dr. Bath
2009-10-27, 03:07 PM
Dadadadada!

What new film?
mumble mumble rubbish mumble no respect for the source material grumble stinks mumble opening is actually quite watchable grumble...

It was written (mostly) by Douglas Adams himself, so no mumbling from you! It had some good sequences, I was entertained enough.

@Quin: Pretty much. Huge Lapels are required. I'm off shopping tomorrow. Also seeing UP!

Etcetera
2009-10-27, 03:10 PM
UP is great. I liked it very much. Sad at the start though.

Tiger Duck
2009-10-27, 03:17 PM
I was crying like a little girl, not that that takes a lot for me :smallamused:

Coidzor
2009-10-27, 03:23 PM
that reminds me of back when I was a little girl.

I believe I mostly sniveled to lure people close enough to kick in the shins and run away.

Ahh... Good times.:smallbiggrin:

Dogmantra
2009-10-27, 04:36 PM
It was written (mostly) by Douglas Adams himself, so no mumbling from you!

(mostly)

If only that one word wasn't there!
I don't want to see my favourite series of books ever to be butchered, newsagent...ed or even greengrocered by people who most definitely aren't Douglas Adams. Of course, I wouldn't really like to see it butchered by people who are Douglas Adams either...

Etcetera
2009-10-27, 04:40 PM
What about Eoin Colfer. I can't comment on the book, but he seemed pretty uneasy when he was interviewed. The Radio 4 Adaptation is excellent though.
And one day I really ought to get around to actually reading the books...

Dr. Bath
2009-10-27, 04:42 PM
Well the whole 'completely different plot' was there from the get go. Douglas Adams wasn't one for directly transliterating the source material from one medium to another.

And yeah, from what I heard of the radio production the Eion Colfer/Douglas Adams book was pretty durned good.

Dogmantra
2009-10-27, 04:43 PM
What about Eoin Colfer.

I don't blame the guy. He only did what he was asked by Douglas's widow. Speaking of which, is that out yet? I want to read it, if only to have something to complain loudly about.

Well the whole 'completely different plot' was there from the get go. Douglas Adams wasn't one for directly transliterating the source material from one medium to another.
But... but... the characters weren't exactly as I pictured them! Plus, I have no other arguments, so I'm saying this for filler to make it look like I have something intelligent to say!

Etcetera
2009-10-27, 04:45 PM
I heard a bit of it on Radio 4 (shameless plugging of a state owned media service!), but got bored and stopped listening.

It's out... (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0718155149/ref=s9_sima_gw_s3_p14_t1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-1&pf_rd_r=0YBGSRV0J9RX6R055AG0&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=467198433&pf_rd_i=468294)

Thufir
2009-10-27, 08:16 PM
Huh. Didn't know about that.

Personally, I don't mind the new movie. In fact, I like it, though I prefer the books and radios series.
But what they did with Zaphod? DO NOT WANT.

I am doing nothing specifically for Halloween, but it's a friend's birthday the day before, and she's having a party themed around twisted fairytales (and similar - we've got 3 Alice in Wonderland characters too). This friday, Thufir will be Jack Frost.

ION: I put bread and butter and nutella in the microwave. It was delicious, the only downside being I slightly burned my finger taking it out.

The Extinguisher
2009-10-27, 08:20 PM
I have no idea what to do for Halloween. My Protoman costume didn't really work out. I only a few days and no money to put one together :smalleek:

Mauve Shirt
2009-10-27, 08:38 PM
Start wearing purple wearing purple!

Eh. I died part of my hair purple. I think I'm wearing bright green.

Anuan
2009-10-27, 08:47 PM
...*Is very sad that he missed the sword-discussion, because it is one of the few things he feels qualified to speak up on, and hallowe'en is not celebrated here, so...* D:

>.>
As much as the Ringed Dao is fancy and flavourful and stuff, I prefer to not have that much noise and to use a weapon that's more historically accurate as, well, a weapon. The same company does a regular Practical Dao that I've kinda got my eyes on :smallbiggrin: I'm going to need to buy a pair of Butterfly Swords, too, for when I do my certificates in Wing Chun. I also want a nice Jian; I'll get a practical one first, blunt and plain etc, but one day I'm going to have one of the 1200 dollar ones with the gold embellishments and the damascus steel blade and rosewood sheath and handle and omgawsh <3
<.<

Alteran
2009-10-27, 08:54 PM
I have a Halloween party on Friday, I think I might be going as Dissociative Identity Disorder. Basically, I'll plaster myself with different "Hello, my name is" stickers and be prepared to talk about the disorder.

Zocelot
2009-10-27, 09:02 PM
I might go as Professor Science. Labcoat, rubber gloves and swimming goggles (not safety). I don't think I'll act like the prof though. Of course, all this depends on me getting ahold of a labcoat, which may not be so likely.

Dogmantra
2009-10-27, 09:02 PM
That is one of the best costumes ever. I am so stealing that idea if I ever need a costume.

Zocelot
2009-10-27, 09:06 PM
The name was stolen from this (http://www.qwantz.com/index.php?comic=918) Dinosaur Comic, but the actual costume is (mostly) my own idea. I used it before in a video to raise money for United Way which most of the school saw, so I'm hoping they'll recognize me.

Rutskarn
2009-10-27, 09:23 PM
Lucas: Definitely have a fight. Like, everyone for themselves, just hitting, and arrgh, and--(turns around to Jeopardy, which has come to the final Jeopardy)--what is the Rock of Gibraltar--yeah, just start smashing stuff.

He was correct.

Alteran
2009-10-27, 09:29 PM
The name was stolen from this (http://www.qwantz.com/index.php?comic=918) Dinosaur Comic, but the actual costume is (mostly) my own idea. I used it before in a video to raise money for United Way which most of the school saw, so I'm hoping they'll recognize me.

A video which we will hopefully be able to show people, after a certain lazy association president posts it on YouTube.

Lucas: Definitely have a fight. Like, everyone for themselves, just hitting, and arrgh, and--(turns around to Jeopardy, which has come to the final Jeopardy)--what is the Rock of Gibraltar--yeah, just start smashing stuff.

He was correct.

Your stories interest me, and I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Dogmantra
2009-10-27, 09:33 PM

You ninja'd me! I was talking about DID.

Professor science is a pretty cool costume too, though.

Phase
2009-10-27, 09:41 PM
I don't dress up for Halloween, but later in the year I do. Guess which cool cat is going to dress up as Sander Cohen, ripped Tux and all.

Coidzor
2009-10-27, 09:52 PM
Your roomie is going to do that?

No, no wait, it's your girlfriend, right Phase?

Phase
2009-10-27, 10:17 PM
No no. When you think of the epitome of "Cool Cat" or "Hoopy Frood", only one person should come to mind...

http://www.pajiba.com/assets_c/2009/08/the%20fonz-thumb-300x300-3914.jpg

Rutskarn
2009-10-27, 10:18 PM
Him, or else...

http://www.thewinerychannel.tv/home/dailycork/uploads/photos/RichardNixonFarewell.jpg

Coidzor
2009-10-27, 10:18 PM
The Fonz yet lives?! :smalleek: A pilgrimage! A Pilgrimage says I!

Phase
2009-10-27, 10:32 PM
Him, or else...

http://www.thewinerychannel.tv/home/dailycork/uploads/photos/RichardNixonFarewell.jpg

Oh, you and your unhealthy obsession with Nixon.

Anyone else hear of Just Cause 2? It looks like the bomb.

Coidzor
2009-10-27, 10:34 PM
Nope. Never heard of a Just Cause in my life either.

All Tyrants and Resident Evils.

Cobra_Ikari
2009-10-27, 10:50 PM
Oh, you and your unhealthy obsession with Nixon.

Anyone else hear of Just Cause 2? It looks like the bomb.

That's the one with "Che" on the cover? Never played it, how was it?

Alteran
2009-10-27, 10:50 PM
No no. When you think of the epitome of "Cool Cat" or "Hoopy Frood", only one person should come to mind...

http://www.pajiba.com/assets_c/2009/08/the%20fonz-thumb-300x300-3914.jpg

Q: What molecule contains Fonzie's genetic information and is found in the nuclei of his cells?

A: DNEyyy.

Rutskarn
2009-10-28, 02:01 AM
<<AIDS joke redacted>>

Recently, we've been going on a Disney movies binge in the dorms. I haven't seen most of these films in over a decade, and I'm just the faintest bit troubled how much I want the villains to win in almost every one of them.

I mean, Gaston is just awesome. Hades has a few legitimate complaints. The Hun leader guy is a badass half-gorilla killing machine.

But more than any of these, I was really pulling for Team Jafar. Why? Not because I thought he was right, or because I thought he was cool (although he was), but because he actually had a good plan that made sense. Also, he had a competent lackey who he didn't pointlessly abuse, who was occasionally useful and who came up with a good proposal that was warmly accepted. It's almost like this guy is trying. It's almost like he's a cunning human being, not a cardboard cutout of a fanged and sneering Hitler.

Coidzor
2009-10-28, 02:28 AM
Indeed. Those sneering hitlers get old quick.

Ugh. I hate fevers. Especially when they turn to chills and then fevers and so on and so forth and leave you all sweaty and cold and nasty and then hot and bleh...

Cobra_Ikari
2009-10-28, 02:38 AM
<<AIDS joke redacted>>

Recently, we've been going on a Disney movies binge in the dorms. I haven't seen most of these films in over a decade, and I'm just the faintest bit troubled how much I want the villains to win in almost every one of them.

I mean, Gaston is just awesome. Hades has a few legitimate complaints. The Hun leader guy is a badass half-gorilla killing machine.

But more than any of these, I was really pulling for Team Jafar. Why? Not because I thought he was right, or because I thought he was cool (although he was), but because he actually had a good plan that made sense. Also, he had a competent lackey who he didn't pointlessly abuse, who was occasionally useful and who came up with a good proposal that was warmly accepted. It's almost like this guy is trying. It's almost like he's a cunning human being, not a cardboard cutout of a fanged and sneering Hitler.

Shan Yu is a BEAST. =P

As for Jafar..."but you're so...old!"

Coidzor
2009-10-28, 03:43 AM
For a villain though, he wasn't as evil as they usually come. Just, y'know, an invading barbarian.

At least Gaston's a would-be rapist.

toasty
2009-10-28, 03:47 AM
For a villain though, he wasn't as evil as they usually come. Just, y'know, an invading barbarian.

At least Gaston's a would-be rapist.

But to a civilized nation the Barbarians are horribly evil and nasty, aren't they?

I was scared of the Hun dude. Really scared of him.

Jafar... I forget, but I do remember hating him. Gaston was an idiot from what I remember. I always thought he was a jerk.

I have watched Aladdin in the last twelve months (my sister LOVES that show) but none of the others. I really should get the Beauty and the Beast or something...

Phase
2009-10-28, 05:18 AM
I felt pity for Frollo. He was entirely and despicably EVIL, and was motivated by LUST, but he was at least repentant. He was very conflicted over his feelings, and confused that he, a man of God, could feel that way.

He was like a confused adolescent boy without the swearing.

Destro_Yersul
2009-10-28, 06:50 AM
I've always liked Ratigan, out of the Disney villains. I can't think of a real reason why.

Mauve Shirt
2009-10-28, 06:55 AM
I think Scar is my favorite.

Anuan
2009-10-28, 07:17 AM
Scar is the single most accurate portrayal of a lion in that movie.

V'icternus
2009-10-28, 08:20 AM
I like him, because he's a villain who wins.

You know, at first. He becomes king, kills his more popular, genetically different brother, etc...

toasty
2009-10-28, 08:52 AM
I think Scar is my favorite.

Yes, scar is an awesome villain.

Do you know what the single, best thing about metal is? The long, awesome, made of win solos that keyboardists and guitarists do in metal. If rock had more solos I'd listen to it more.

Cobra_Ikari
2009-10-28, 08:55 AM
Do you know what the single, best thing about metal is? The long, awesome, made of win solos that keyboardists and guitarists do in metal. If rock had more solos I'd listen to it more.

On this note, I have been working my way through Brutal Legend, and it is AWESOME. >.>

Dirk Kris
2009-10-28, 08:57 AM
I like him, because he's a villain who wins.

You know, at first. He becomes king, kills his more popular, genetically different brother, etc...

This.
But you know who I also like? The Queen from Snow White. You know why? The woman is EVIL, and doesn't even know it. She just wants to be pretty...

Destro_Yersul
2009-10-28, 09:13 AM
On this note, I have been working my way through Brutal Legend, and it is AWESOME. >.>

Also METAL, and made of THIRTEEN KINDS OF WIN. ON WHEELS.

toasty
2009-10-28, 09:24 AM

I want to play that game so badly. But I don't own a 360. I hate 360 only titles. :smallmad: all games should at least be ported to the PC.

And yes, metal is indeed made of win on wheels. But not 13, just 7. 13 is unlikely. :smallwink:

Destro_Yersul
2009-10-28, 09:39 AM
You can get it for PS3, too. Also, 7 is not METAL enough. 13 is a much more METAL number. :smalltongue:

toasty
2009-10-28, 09:53 AM
You can get it for PS3, too. Also, 7 is not METAL enough. 13 is a much more METAL number. :smalltongue:

I don't have a PS3 either. I have (or my brother has) a wii though. For all the good that does. :smallsigh:

7 is the number of completeness, metal is completely awesome, so 7 works. :smallcool:

Edit: Actually, the most metal number is, without a doubt 666, the number of the beast.

Gullara
2009-10-28, 10:09 AM
Scar is the single most accurate portrayal of a lion in that movie.

I'd have to agree with you there. I'd say my favorite villain was Hades because he was kind of funny.

On a different not I'm loving halloween. So many Simpsons Tree House of Horror episodes, mmmmm tree house of horror. As you've probably guessed I'm a Simpsons addict and the halloween specials are my favorite part about halloween.

Miklus
2009-10-28, 11:31 AM
Declogging chemicals: 0
Rubber plunger: 1

Etcetera
2009-10-28, 11:53 AM
Everyone knows that low-tech solutions work. Using chemicals is like asking for something to go wrong. One moment you're unclogging the drain, the next moment the assorted organic matter in your drain has mutated into the massive slime.

Cobra_Ikari
2009-10-28, 12:00 PM
Also METAL, and made of THIRTEEN KINDS OF WIN. ON WHEELS.

I KNOW!

It's surprisingly fun for the kind of style it has. If someone had told me it was a hybrid action RTS, I probably would have laughed at the concept. And the storyline is so awesome! And the dialogue is hilarious! I love it. <3

Jack Squat
2009-10-28, 12:05 PM
Declogging chemicals: 0
Rubber plunger: 1

That's how it always works out. Liquid chemicals are only good for partial clogs, and even then they aren't really a huge help.

For a massive clog, drain snakes come in handy as well.

Coidzor
2009-10-28, 12:13 PM
For a massive clog, drain snakes come in handy as well.

Hear that Cobesy? Sorry buddy, but it looks like I'm-a have to borrow you for awhile.

Miss Nobody
2009-10-28, 12:27 PM
I KNOW!

It's surprisingly fun for the kind of style it has. If someone had told me it was a hybrid action RTS, I probably would have laughed at the concept. And the storyline is so awesome! And the dialogue is hilarious! I love it. <3

*sigh* You lucky Xbox-owning people...
*kicks a can*

Miklus
2009-10-28, 12:40 PM
Everyone knows that low-tech solutions work. Using chemicals is like asking for something to go wrong. One moment you're unclogging the drain, the next moment the assorted organic matter in your drain has mutated into the massive slime.

:smalleek:

Good thing I got that clog sorted out before the slime could grow any larger!

And seriously, those chemicals are useless. They actually made it worse somehow.

Cobra_Ikari
2009-10-28, 01:10 PM
*sigh* You lucky Xbox-owning people...
*kicks a can*

Aww...*offers permanent invitation to come over and play video games with me, anytime*...

...that said, I've got it for PS3. My 360 is lowish on memory and I can't figure out why. Still need to pick up a replacement PS3 controller, too. >.>

Gullara
2009-10-28, 01:25 PM
Aww...*offers permanent invitation to come over and play video games with me, anytime*...

...that said, I've got it for PS3. My 360 is lowish on memory and I can't figure out why. Still need to pick up a replacement PS3 controller, too. >.>

We've got so many gaming systems at our place, X Box 360, PS3, PS2, 2 DS's, 2 PSP's, a SP, 3 computers, and a laptop.

Cobra_Ikari
2009-10-28, 01:31 PM
We've got so many gaming systems at our place, X Box 360, PS3, PS2, 2 DS's, 2 PSP's, a SP, 3 computers, and a laptop.

=P

Oh, yeah? Well I have an N64! And a SNES! Beat that! =P

Nah, but Cobra gaming comes with the offer of snuggles, too. =P

Miss Nobody
2009-10-28, 01:32 PM

=O
Would you kindly tell me where you live so I can rob you?

Speaking of gaming systems, I've got 2 computers, a laptop and a PSP.

Gullara
2009-10-28, 01:32 PM
=P

Oh right I forgot my N64, I cant beat your amazing snuggles though. :smallbiggrin:

=O

lol, the main reason I have so much is I have access to my brothers stuff.

SMEE
2009-10-28, 01:34 PM
<.<
>.>

*has only a NES, an SNES, a Sega Genesis and the first XBOX*

But my gaming can be followed by hawt make outs!
And the NES kicks all those new system things butts. :smalltongue:

Gullara
2009-10-28, 01:35 PM
<.<
>.>

*has only a NES, an SNES, a Sega Genesis and the first XBOX*

But my gaming can be followed by hawt make outs!
And the NES kicks all those new system things butts. :smalltongue:

Well you got me there:smallbiggrin:

Cobra_Ikari
2009-10-28, 01:37 PM
=O

Well, if we're enumerating...

PS3, 2 PS2's, XBox 360, XBox, Wii, Gamecube, 2 N64's, SNES, and a ludicrous number of handhelds (something like 11 Gameboys of various kinds and a PSP). And I personally have 3 laptops and a desktop. >.>

...yes, I game too much. >.<

SMEE, I never got to play the original NES much, so I don't miss that. But Genesis WANT. Mine is broken and I lost the cables. v.v

...I have a Sega CD, too. Anyone remember those?

Dirk Kris
2009-10-28, 01:42 PM
I'll take some of that...

Gullara
2009-10-28, 01:43 PM

PS3, 2 PS2's, XBox 360, XBox, Wii, Gamecube, 2 N64's, SNES, and a ludicrous number of handhelds (something like 11 Gameboys of various kinds and a PSP). And I personally have 3 laptops and a desktop. >.>

SMEE, I never got to play the original NES much, so I don't miss that. But Genesis WANT. Mine is broken and I lost the cables. v.v

Wow:smalleek:, impressive. Also its impossible to game too much.

Miss Nobody
2009-10-28, 01:43 PM

You can never game too much. NEVER!

And I am planning to get an Xbox 360 sometime next year. After I get a new guitar. And new boots. And a new graphics card for the PC. And stuff.

Dogmantra
2009-10-28, 01:44 PM

If you have a Dreamcast that works, I will personally pay to ship you my Mega Drive (Genesis) if you send it to me, along with a snuggle.

Cobra_Ikari
2009-10-28, 01:47 PM
*snuggles Dirky*

If you have a Dreamcast that works, I will personally pay to ship you my Mega Drive (Genesis) if you send it to me, along with a snuggle.

I do! Now I just have to figure out where it is. >.<

Damn. >.<

...*also wants to see Miss Nobody in new boots with a new guitar*...awesomes! =D

Gullara
2009-10-28, 02:56 PM
I thought I would inform you all that I'm going to Disney World on Nov 4th

Coidzor
2009-10-28, 02:59 PM

That might actually a deterrent. :smallwink:

<_<

>_>

And I AM an SNES.

Perenelle
2009-10-28, 03:08 PM
I thought I would inform you all that I'm going to Disney World on Nov 4th

Lucky duck. I went when I was 5 and now I dont remember anything. except the Dumbo ride and lots of people. :smallsigh:

Ikialev
2009-10-28, 03:36 PM
I have two dreamcasts. :3

And a Wii, Xbox 360, three gameboys, psp and 2 DSes.

Dogmantra
2009-10-28, 03:39 PM
I have two dreamcasts. :3
Would you like to ship one to me?

I NEED ONE.

Ikialev
2009-10-28, 03:45 PM
Would you like to ship one to me?

I NEED ONE.
I'd like to, but shipping to USA is expensive. :F

Mr. Mud
2009-10-28, 03:46 PM
Wahoo, I just found out West Side story is going to be my school's annual spring play :smallamused:.

Gullara
2009-10-28, 03:48 PM
Lucky duck. I went when I was 5 and now I dont remember anything. except the Dumbo ride and lots of people. :smallsigh:

Too bad you'll have to go again. :smallbiggrin:

Perenelle
2009-10-28, 03:48 PM
Wahoo, I just found out West Side story is going to be my school's annual spring play :smallamused:.

awesomeness!! :smallbiggrin:

I wish my school had plays... Our theater classes suck. they just sit around class and read books. the teacher doesnt show up have the time either. :smallsigh:

SDF
2009-10-28, 03:57 PM
I've been to Disney World twice, but its been a long time.

When I was a kid I went to Space Camp. Now there is the hallmark of a spoiled, happy childhood. :smalltongue:

Bendigeidfran
2009-10-28, 04:11 PM
I've been to Disney World twice, but its been a long time.

When I was a kid I went to Space Camp. Now there is the hallmark of a spoiled, happy childhood. :smalltongue:

Aww man! I never got to go to any camps, let alone one in space!! :smallfrown:

Gullara
2009-10-28, 04:17 PM
Aww man! I never got to go to any camps, let alone one in space!! :smallfrown:

Space camp would have been cool

Perenelle
2009-10-28, 04:20 PM
I went to University of North Carolina at Greensboro's summer music camp last year.
best. week. ever. :smallbiggrin:

Dogmantra
2009-10-28, 05:07 PM
I'd like to, but shipping to USA is expensive. :F

Well don't send it there then. Not like I live in America anyway. :smalltongue:

Zocelot
2009-10-28, 05:33 PM
My brother went to a Space Camp, but it was just a day camp hosted at a private school. They built model rockets and got to try a Zorb.

Phase
2009-10-28, 06:52 PM
Space camp would have been cool

Overrated. Trust me.

My school did Grease, West Side Story, and this year I'm not sure. Once Upon a Mattress?

Cobra_Ikari
2009-10-28, 07:22 PM
That might actually a deterrent. :smallwink:

<_<

>_>

And I AM an SNES.

...Coid, why do you hate me? D=

*goes off to cry in the corner and PLAY GAMES BY HIMSELF*

=P *hugs*

Coidzor
2009-10-28, 07:37 PM
I love everyone. Ok, so that's a blatant and obvious lie....

But I like to choose when I cuddle and am cuddled.

Anuan
2009-10-28, 07:40 PM
=P

NES, SNES, N64, two Gamecubes, Sega Megadrive/Genesis. My brother has the Wii back at my old place.
Trade you my NES or Megadrive for that dreamcast >.> It's PAL, though...

someonenonotyou
2009-10-28, 08:38 PM
Hey if i was a robot do you think i know it?

Thufir
2009-10-28, 08:47 PM
No. You shouldn't even be asking that question - you must be malfunctioning. Come into the lab, now...

Phase
2009-10-28, 10:16 PM
Reading this thread after playing Left 4 Dead really screws with my head.

Some say the world will end in zombies,
Some say in robots.
From what I've tasted of human flesh
I hold with those who favor zombies.
But if I had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction robots
Are also badass
And would suffice.

Cyanidesoul
2009-10-28, 10:29 PM
I love everyone. Ok, so that's a blatant and obvious lie....

But I like to choose when I cuddle and am cuddled.

I secretly want to cuddle Debihuman.

Coidzor
2009-10-28, 10:52 PM
What is a Debihuman? I am unfamiliar with this Taxonomy.

Cyanidesoul
2009-10-28, 11:06 PM
What is a Debihuman? I am unfamiliar with this Taxonomy.

A clever poster in the homebrew forums. I don't know them, but I feel like hugging someone.

The Extinguisher
2009-10-28, 11:35 PM
Reading this thread after playing Left 4 Dead really screws with my head.

Some say the world will end in zombies,
Some say in robots.
From what I've tasted of human flesh
I hold with those who favor zombies.
But if I had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction robots
Are also badass
And would suffice.

Phase, I would like the have your babies and/or subscribe to your newsletter.

Jokasti
2009-10-28, 11:50 PM
At the same time? :smalltongue:

Coidzor
2009-10-28, 11:59 PM
At the same time? :smalltongue:

Well, generally it's considered to do one and then the other if one is to do both. :smallwink:

*cough, hack, wheeze* argh.

Yay for kernel protection fault 0000000.0000

Cobra_Ikari
2009-10-29, 02:00 AM

I second this sentiment. *shoots more rockets at the moon, to make "baby moons" >.>*

V'icternus
2009-10-29, 03:43 AM
Wish me luck! I've got my final English exam tomorrow!

And only those tat wish me luck get cookies when I get back.

toasty
2009-10-29, 03:46 AM
You know what causes me endless joy today?

I changed my relationship status on Facebook from "single" to "in a relationship" at Midnight on Wednesday after class... and now I have like a dozen people saying all sorts of stupid things. No, I'm not in a relationship. But darn it, this is fun. :smallbiggrin:

I think the next plan of action is to slowly tell certain people, so we can attempt to keep up this facade that I'm seriously dating some girl or something. :smalltongue:

Anuan
2009-10-29, 04:18 AM

I'll wish you luck if you'll wish me luck :smalleek: Curse you postmodernist interpretation of postcolonial texts in navigating the global! ._.

Destro_Yersul
2009-10-29, 04:42 AM
Who's to say I can't rule the world with an army of zombies and robots? Or zombie robots. Or robot zombies! Or BOTH! AT ONCE! AHAHAHAHAHA

*cough*

I have said too much >.>

toasty
2009-10-29, 04:44 AM
Who's to say I can't rule the world with an army of zombies and robots? Or zombie robots. Or robot zombies! Or BOTH! AT ONCE! AHAHAHAHAHA

*cough*

I have said too much >.>

Can I be your speechwriter? Or possibly just some minor minion that doesn't get eaten by the zombies or killed by the robots or whatever the fate of mankind will be. :smalltongue:

Phase
2009-10-29, 05:28 AM

Yeah okay.

*Starts getting naked and writing a newsletter.*

CurlyKitGirl
2009-10-29, 06:40 AM
How does an entire university lose internet and general basic connection for an entire day?
I don't know.
But it happened alright. And I missed the Disney villains discussion.
Ratigan is fantastic because he's voiced by Vicent Price, and he's unabashedly evil and insane.
Scar is amazing because he's voiced by Jeremy Irons and succeeds, even if he loses all villainous momentum afterwards.
Jafar is Jafar and competent and dastardly and human. Plus Iago. And he also (temporarily) wins, and would have permanently won if he hadn't falled for Aladdin's trick.
Gaston is scary because he is an ordinary, if vain, human being and look at what he does.
Ursula is brillaint because she's exy and sings like a diva. And she succeeds too, if for an even briefer time than Jafar and Scar.

One of my personal favourites?
Maleficent. "Now you face me, O Prince, and all the powers of Hell!" *Epic transformation scene and dragon*
And by extension Lady Tremaine because they're voiced by the same person and she has absolutely no motive whatsoever for ruining CInderella's life other than: "She's my step - daughter."

Assassin89
2009-10-29, 07:10 AM
How does an entire university lose internet and general basic connection for an entire day?
I don't know.
But it happened alright. And I missed the Disney villains discussion.
Ratigan is fantastic because he's voiced by Vicent Price, and he's unabashedly evil and insane.
Scar is amazing because he's voiced by Jeremy Irons and succeeds, even if he loses all villainous momentum afterwards.
Jafar is Jafar and competent and dastardly and human. Plus Iago. And he also (temporarily) wins, and would have permanently won if he hadn't falled for Aladdin's trick.
Gaston is scary because he is an ordinary, if vain, human being and look at what he does.
Ursula is brillaint because she's exy and sings like a diva. And she succeeds too, if for an even briefer time than Jafar and Scar.

One of my personal favourites?
Maleficent. "Now you face me, O Prince, and all the powers of Hell!" *Epic transformation scene and dragon*
And by extension Lady Tremaine because they're voiced by the same person and she has absolutely no motive whatsoever for ruining Cinderella's life other than: "She's my step - daughter."

Out of those Disney villains, Scar is the most pathetic because once he gets power, he stops being evil, and become a whiny brat.
Then there is Cruella DeVil who wants to kill puppies to make a coat, and become a monster behind the wheel.

Fostire
2009-10-29, 08:24 AM
You know what causes me endless joy today?

I changed my relationship status on Facebook from "single" to "in a relationship" at Midnight on Wednesday after class... and now I have like a dozen people saying all sorts of stupid things. No, I'm not in a relationship. But darn it, this is fun. :smallbiggrin:

I think the next plan of action is to slowly tell certain people, so we can attempt to keep up this facade that I'm seriously dating some girl or something. :smalltongue:
If I try to pull off that one it would drive my friends crazy.
Most of my friends come from a school that's infamous for how quickly and how wrongly gossip spreads (like a friends said it: "you can head into the middle of a forest where there is no one around for miles and fart, and when you come back not only does everyone know about it but it also wasn't just a fart but the worlds most horrible dump").

toasty
2009-10-29, 09:56 AM
If I try to pull off that one it would drive my friends crazy.
Most of my friends come from a school that's infamous for how quickly and how wrongly gossip spreads (like a friends said it: "you can head into the middle of a forest where there is no one around for miles and fart, and when you come back not only does everyone know about it but it also wasn't just a fart but the worlds most horrible dump").

Well see, the thing is everyone in my group gossips, but I avoid the gossip. I haven't actually ever once dated... :p so I'm just in the process of seeing what happens. :smallbiggrin:

I know at least a few people don't believe me, and one knows its a joke, so its good fun. I think the real question is how long can I pretend? :smallcool:

Coidzor
2009-10-29, 10:00 AM

What? I don't even-

As far as things to wake up to, Cake's "The Distance" isn't too bad of a song for that.

Gullara
2009-10-29, 10:07 AM

Good luck

PS. I like chocolate chip

Tiger Duck
2009-10-29, 10:16 AM

Good luck. You gorgeous man :smallamused:

CurlyKitGirl
2009-10-29, 10:18 AM
What? I don't even-

As far as things to wake up to, Cake's "The Distance" isn't too bad of a song for that.

My 's' and 'j' keys are slowly dying and it takes twice the amount of pressure to to get the letter to appear on screen.

Basically: Ursula: Sexy and evil and has an amzing singing voice. And speaking voice.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-10-29, 10:53 AM
I started my best friend from college on OOTS. :smallcool:

Fostire
2009-10-29, 11:12 AM
Hey guess what!:
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/02/birfday.gif
Ok, not my actual birthday, but my forum birthday. Two years ago today I joined this forum, and I'm glad I did.
You guys are AWESOME :smallbiggrin:

Also apparently today is National Kitteh Day, so all I can say is:
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/is-mah-birfday-where-r-caek-dammit.jpg

SMEE
2009-10-29, 11:13 AM
I see people.
I see people I've been with one year ago...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nascrag/4022271475/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/nascrag/4022272301/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/nascrag/4023036836/

I miss people. And it seems people had lots of fun at Nascrag that year. :smallbiggrin:

Coidzor
2009-10-29, 11:22 AM
My 's' and 'j' keys are slowly dying and it takes twice the amount of pressure to to get the letter to appear on screen.

Basically: Ursula: Sexy and evil and has an amzing singing voice. And speaking voice.

Sexy? With that kind of voice and age to her? She was like someone's mom's older, spinster sister. Sure, she had an amazing singing voice, but it was like a 40-50 year old fat woman in there.

Much rather in my opera than in anyone's bed in my head. *shudder*

And the face. That horrible, horrible face....

Haruki-kun
2009-10-29, 11:34 AM
I was at the cafeteria with two friends when one of them got up to order something. He was given one of those vibrating coaster things for the order numbered 300. The original 300 number had been torn off, so the cafeteria people glued a piece of paper on it with the number 300.

We looked under it. Someone had written "THIS IS SPARTA!" in red pen.

Gullara
2009-10-29, 11:36 AM
I started my best friend from college on OOTS. :smallcool:

Nice, is s/he joining the forums?

SMEE
2009-10-29, 01:26 PM
COOOOOOOIIIIIIDDDDDDD! :smallfurious:

Inhuman Bot
2009-10-29, 01:50 PM
COOOOOOOIIIIIIDDDDDDD! :smallfurious:

......Khaaaan? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRnSnfiUI54)

Coidzor
2009-10-29, 02:08 PM
Huh? What'd I do?

Gullara
2009-10-29, 02:11 PM
Huh? What'd I do?

I was wondering the same thing. :smallconfused:

badam104172
2009-10-29, 02:25 PM
Huh? What'd I do?

you have unleashed the unholy and terrible power of CTHULU PUPPET!

On an unrelated note, I have no idea if I spelled Cthulu right.

Dr. Bath
2009-10-29, 02:26 PM
I was wondering the same thing. :smallconfused:

I dunno, I blame Coidzor for stuff too. Like all the time.

Coidzor
2009-10-29, 02:28 PM

Cthulhu - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

<_< >_> Also, um. My PM box stands open.

So... Dogmantra, SMEE, Dr. Bath...

Fred...

...Slaya Draco...

Hmm. I might have to change my name....

Gullara
2009-10-29, 02:31 PM

Oh, well that's completely reasonable.:smalltongue:

Now I get Captain Happy's sig.

Alteran
2009-10-29, 02:32 PM

That's a good idea! Much better than admitting when I've made a mistake, I think. Coidzor, you are now my official scapegoat. :smallsmile:

You will be blamed for a myriad of different things, such as forgetting to charge my iPod, not fixing my printer, and making me go to bed at 2 am.

Gullara
2009-10-29, 02:33 PM
That's a good idea! Much better than admitting when I've made a mistake, I think. Coidzor, you are now my official scapegoat. :smallsmile:

You will be blamed for a myriad of different things, such as forgetting to charge my iPod, not fixing my printer, and making me go to bed at 2 am.

How could you Coid:smalltongue:

Coidzor
2009-10-29, 02:35 PM
Muahahahahahaha! And if you're very naughty I kidnap you away to live with me... FOREVER! :smallamused:

AND THERE IS NO TOILET PAPER EXCEPT FOR SANDPAPER!:smallfurious:

Cobra_Ikari
2009-10-29, 02:45 PM
Muahahahahahaha! And if you're very naughty I kidnap you away to live with me... FOREVER! :smallamused:

AND THERE IS NO TOILET PAPER EXCEPT FOR SANDPAPER!:smallfurious:

...the fact that you're tearing your butt up with sandpaper could explain why you're so angry. =P