PDA

View Full Version : {Exalted} Children of essence users.

Fetter of Fail
2009-10-17, 04:06 PM
Anyone else notice that 2e gives no guidelines on how often the children of DBs Exalt, or how high your essence has to be to sire a God-blooded/Half-Caste. Anyone have the 1e stats on that handy, or mind telling me how they call it in their games.

Indon
2009-10-17, 04:09 PM
Personally, I ignore the rules for it and just go for whatever is the most dramatically appropriate.

Terraoblivion
2009-10-17, 04:16 PM
What is most dramatically appropriate seems like the proper way around it. However, the first edition Players' Guide has a chapter on god bloods, half-castes and the like. It does give solid rules, as well as establishes a hierarchy of which supernatural ancestry takes precedent.

The_Snark
2009-10-17, 04:55 PM
The Scroll of Heroes covers the rules for what can and can't sire a God-Blood in 2e. As for Terrestrial Exaltation... the Breeding background makes mention of a roll to see if a child Exalts, but I'm not sure where that rule actually is.

The Rose Dragon
2009-10-17, 08:38 PM
The Scroll of Heroes covers the rules for what can and can't sire a God-Blood in 2e. As for Terrestrial Exaltation... the Breeding background makes mention of a roll to see if a child Exalts, but I'm not sure where that rule actually is.

I believe that rule is also in Scroll of Heroes.

EDIT: Never mind, that one's only for Terrestrial Blood merit.

Kyeudo
2009-10-18, 12:46 AM

The designer's clarified. It's 1d10, with the number modified by who the parents are and the parent's breeding. Basically, two Breeding 5 Dragon-Blooded always have Exalted children, while patrician children have a 1 in 10 shot of Exalting.