PDA

View Full Version : Easy Pathfinder Conversion?

Blue Warlock
2009-10-17, 06:20 PM
Is there any kind of way to easily convert 3.5 monsters to pathfinder? Is there a guide that Paizo has somewhere or any easy rules of thumb that folks around here tend to use?
Any help at all on this would be greatly appreciated, its really one of the only things thats holding me back on trying a pathfinder campaign(although I do have some concerns about magic item creation being abused now that there is no exp cost, anybody else know if this is actually a problem in game or not?)

Rixx
2009-10-17, 06:39 PM
The Pathfinder Bestiary came out recently - you should be able to get the PDF for $9.99 come October 21st. Otherwise, using the monsters as-is is usually all right.

Blue Warlock
2009-10-17, 06:43 PM
Ah, I just thought with the better races and extra hit points/ skill points and the fact that some of the classes got a significant boost the monsters might need to be boosted too.

Rixx
2009-10-17, 07:24 PM
The Bestiary either boosts monsters up or readjusts their CR - it also has easier rules for building encounters and rewarding experience.

UserClone
2009-10-17, 11:13 PM
If you head on over to the Paizo website, they have (all for free) PDF versions of Pathfinder Bestiary Preview I and II, Bonus Bestiary (the three of which are all already converted for you), and the Pathfinder Conversion Guide, which briefly details the conversion process.