PDA

View Full Version : Google Wave

MethosH
2009-10-17, 06:52 PM
So... At first I was in doubt about where should I post this... But I remember someone saying "when in doubt.. just post it in the Friendly Banter!"

So, who has a Google Wave account? =D
Any thoughts on the real utility of that tool?

Yarram
2009-10-18, 01:17 AM
I haven't got it... I don't know what it is, but I wouldn't mind an invitation to find out.

arguskos
2009-10-18, 01:20 AM
Methos, I'd dig an invite, actually. I've been interested in Wave. :smallwink:

Rettu Skcollob
2009-10-18, 01:29 AM
I'm really looking forward to when I can get my hands on a copy/account of that

Icewalker
2009-10-18, 02:16 AM
I've looked a little into it, it looks really awesome. I really want to get it and tossed in my hand into the lottery, but actually learned tonight that a friend of mine has it and still has all 8 of his invitations, he's just looking for people who will use it. I really want to use it with another friend to co-write our books, so I may well be getting it soon.

billtodamax
2009-10-18, 02:18 AM
What, actually, is it? Another attempt by Google to thoroughly stomp on Microsoft?

toasty
2009-10-18, 07:09 AM
What, actually, is it? Another attempt by Google to thoroughly stomp on Microsoft?

As far as I know, that is all Google does. :smalltongue:

But yes, I remember reading an XKCD comic on it, but I'm not exactly sure what Wave does or how it does this.

Tirian
2009-10-18, 09:15 AM
It's hard to describe, which is why no one ever tries. :) But it's pretty much an omnibus of every online communications protocol blended together and improved. For instance, if you wanted to plan a movie with the help of a bunch of friends spread out across the country, you could create a Wave for it. Part of it could be a spreadsheet/schedule/planner-type section for tackling a top-down to-do list, another forum/IM/IRC/email-like part where you brainstorm the plot, and another part could be Word/wiki-like where people could drop in concrete plan with pictures and other media for site locations or music themes or whatever. All integrated, all real-time, all change controlled, and you can access it from everything from your laptop to your cellphone to probably your microwave oven once they conform to the protocol. Even if you only wanted it to create an IRC server, it'd likely be better than what you're using now.

It seems to me that if you want a piece of the Google Wave headrush but can't score an invitation, you'd do well to play with Google Docs. It's the same real-time collaboration, but I guess not as shiny under the hood.

MethosH
2009-10-18, 04:45 PM
Just adding something to what Tirian said... There isn't really limitations to the possibilities for the future of Google Wave, but it is still pretty fresh. With the option for gadgets and extensions, and the possibilities for everybody to develop those, you could pretty much do anything that revolves around a group of people.

Even that "online-movie-night" that was being planned on ABR could be done inside Google Wave.

I currently don't have any invites, but as soon as I get some I can invite you guys.
For those that already got their hands on Google Wave mine is [email protected] :)

valadil
2009-10-18, 05:42 PM
Just got my account. No invites yet, so don't even ask.

So far it's useless. I know exactly two other people who have it, so I can't really use it yet.

The best explanation I have for Wave is that it's an amalgamation of email, google documents, and a wiki. I think people are having a hard time saying what it is because it's new. It's not replacing anything. It's a cool toy and people have to figure out how to use it.

One neat feature is that it can embed widgets. The intro wave includes a youtube video. One demo widget that caught my eye is a chess game. You can just stick that game in the middle of your email. The reason this excites me is that wave includes an API so developers can make their own widgets. I'm hoping to make dice and map widgets, so wave can be used for D&D. If this works out it'll completely trump play by post gaming in my opinion.

Icewalker
2009-10-18, 05:54 PM
You say it's not replacing anything, but I'd rather argue that its replacing everything. By putting all these functions together into one universal system, when used well it could easily replace all of them and provide more than they could individually. That's the plan, seems to me.

Alteran
2009-10-18, 06:14 PM
So you're telling me that in a few years' time, "sending a wave" might be a common phrase?

Yesssss. :smallbiggrin:

Icewalker
2009-10-18, 06:16 PM
Yup. That was intentional on their part. :smalltongue:

Darth Mario
2009-10-18, 06:39 PM
I've been in the market for an invite since I first heard about this. If anyone has spares would you be willing to toss one my way?

The Rose Dragon
2009-10-18, 06:56 PM
I've been in the market for an invite since I first heard about this. If anyone has spares would you be willing to toss one my way?

Ditto here.

MethosH
2009-10-18, 07:04 PM
Just got my account. No invites yet, so don't even ask.

So far it's useless. I know exactly two other people who have it, so I can't really use it yet.

The best explanation I have for Wave is that it's an amalgamation of email, google documents, and a wiki. I think people are having a hard time saying what it is because it's new. It's not replacing anything. It's a cool toy and people have to figure out how to use it.

One neat feature is that it can embed widgets. The intro wave includes a youtube video. One demo widget that caught my eye is a chess game. You can just stick that game in the middle of your email. The reason this excites me is that wave includes an API so developers can make their own widgets. I'm hoping to make dice and map widgets, so wave can be used for D&D. If this works out it'll completely trump play by post gaming in my opinion.

If you are really planning on going on with this idea you can sign me up for you programmer team. :smallbiggrin:
Also, add me to your google wave :D
Without many people this thing is kind of pointless lol

Haven
2009-10-18, 07:08 PM
Yup. That was intentional on their part. :smalltongue:

Yeah, I was really surprised to find that out. Is it wrong that that is what makes me really, really want it?

Icewalker
2009-10-18, 07:41 PM
Yeah, I was really surprised to find that out. Is it wrong that that is what makes me really, really want it?

Nope, that's pretty much exactly how you should fee. :smalltongue:

Anyways, I also had the thought of a couple widgets making this the perfect medium for dnd.

I have an idea:
The Playground as a whole should get together and make an entire Google Wave dnd widgets suite that provides something for combat maps, dice rolls, perhaps a small sidebar for constant tracking of vital statistics/buffs, everything you could need. It would make an amazing resource, hell, it'd probably be easier than playing a game live if we could put it together well enough.

I think if we really set ourselves to it, then we can do it, and it would be AMAZING.

The Rose Dragon
2009-10-18, 08:05 PM
So you're telling me that in a few years' time, "sending a wave" might be a common phrase?

Yesssss. :smallbiggrin:

I don't get it?

Lupy
2009-10-18, 08:23 PM
Why is it invitation only now? Why!?! >.<

Jack Squat
2009-10-18, 08:32 PM
I don't get it?

From Firefly/Serenity. It's what they refer to sending messages (which are sent over radio waves).

Far as I know, it's been popular in the radio community for quite a bit longer...but I haven't really been 'in' on the whole amateur radio thing, so it's really just speculation.

The Rose Dragon
2009-10-18, 08:37 PM
Ah. Firefly. Seeing as how I've never watched it and don't intend to, it doesn't mean that much to me.

Wouldn't it make sense to just use "wave" as a verb rather than using "sending a wave"?

Jack Squat
2009-10-18, 08:43 PM
Ah. Firefly. Seeing as how I've never watched it and don't intend to, it doesn't mean that much to me.

Wouldn't it make sense to just use "wave" as a verb rather than using "sending a wave"?

In this context, yeah, I suppose 'waving' would make more sense than 'sending a wave', but I personally think the second one sounds cooler...and not because of the Firefly thing (I actually had to look that up. My first thought was the radio thing).

Alteran
2009-10-18, 08:46 PM
I don't get it?

As Jack Squat said, Firefly/Serenity. It seems cool anyway, the name is just icing on the cake for me.

Also: if anybody is throwing around invites, I would definitely be interested in getting one.

Xyk
2009-10-18, 09:11 PM
Nope, that's pretty much exactly how you should fee. :smalltongue:

Anyways, I also had the thought of a couple widgets making this the perfect medium for dnd.

I have an idea:
The Playground as a whole should get together and make an entire Google Wave dnd widgets suite that provides something for combat maps, dice rolls, perhaps a small sidebar for constant tracking of vital statistics/buffs, everything you could need. It would make an amazing resource, hell, it'd probably be easier than playing a game live if we could put it together well enough.

I think if we really set ourselves to it, then we can do it, and it would be AMAZING.

I second this motion. Let's get us some accounts.

MethosH
2009-10-18, 09:22 PM
- Icewalker
- Xky
- valadil
- MethosHazara

Anyone else wanna get on board of the Google Wave Giant in the Playground DnD widget train? :smallbiggrin:

The Extinguisher
2009-10-18, 09:23 PM
It looks interesting. Google really does well with this whole invite thing.

The only reason I have a gmail account is because it was invite only and I wanted in. :smallamused:

valadil
2009-10-18, 10:02 PM
You say it's not replacing anything, but I'd rather argue that its replacing everything. By putting all these functions together into one universal system, when used well it could easily replace all of them and provide more than they could individually. That's the plan, seems to me.

Replacing everything still makes it hard to define because it's not any one thing primarily. It isn't email plus chat or email plus wiki. Wave is its own thing.

If you are really planning on going on with this idea you can sign me up for you programmer team. :smallbiggrin:
Also, add me to your google wave :D
Without many people this thing is kind of pointless lol

I'm absolutely serious about looking into this project. I'm not positive I'll go through with it. It depends on what google offers. For the time being, I haven't been accepted into their development program so I can't even look at the API.

I've done other D&Dish apps. I have an SVG battlemap built into a web browser. Ideally I'd be able to port that. I really like google maps' API, so hopefully wave's will be just as good.

In the map I got stuck on communication between clients. Polling the server every n seconds was boring. I wasn't interested in coding that. And comet (reverse AJAX) just isn't an option yet. I'm hoping that if I make this using Wave's API I'll be able to let Wave handle message transport.

Long story short, whether or not I do this project depends on if I like google's API and if I can reuse my SVG work. If both those are factors work out, then I'll see how much work it needs and figure out if I'll need help :-)

Sneak
2009-10-18, 10:28 PM
Still not quite sure what this is, but it sounds very intriguing. I just signed up for it, but I suppose it's unlikely I'll get an account without an invite. Which I'd be willing to accept, of course. :smalltongue:

Not that it's likely I'll get one with all this competition. Clearly, what I need to do is just kill off everyone else who wants an account.

Yep.

Clearly. :smalltongue:

Icewalker
2009-10-18, 10:30 PM
Well I'm probably getting mine from a friend, so you don't need to worry about me, Sneak. Just get the rest of them.

Prak
2009-10-18, 11:11 PM
I'd like in, sounds like it'd be a great resource for setting up games.

Icewalker
2009-10-21, 02:29 AM
Just got my account!

[email protected]

We should put together a wave for the planning of the Playground dnd apps suite.

Zeb The Troll
2009-10-21, 02:36 AM
Just got my account!

[email protected]

We should put together a wave for the planning of the Playground dnd apps suite.If I had any idea how to help in the doing of this, I would. I think it's an awesome idea.

Icewalker
2009-10-21, 04:19 PM
Just looked over the API robot and gadget stuff. I'm not a terribly skilled programmer, but I do know a bit of both Java and Python (which I far prefer) and I've been thinking about how we should go about formatting these functions.

Mainly though, I suggest we do our planning in a wave! So everyone put up your addresses.

MethosH
2009-10-21, 06:20 PM
Yeah! This way we can add you guys to the "Wave in the Playground" wave :smallbiggrin:

Prak
2009-10-21, 07:05 PM
Should I pm you my email, methos?

...and is that a demonic modron as your avatar?

MethosH
2009-10-22, 07:48 AM
Should I pm you my email, methos?

...and is that a demonic modron as your avatar?

If you already got a google wave account you can do that, or just post here like the rest of us :smalltongue:
If you want an invite no, I don't have any to give, sorry.

Yeah, that is the demonic version of my usual modron avatar :smallbiggrin:
I made it for the Deamons and Angels week :smalltongue:

Prak
2009-10-22, 08:11 AM
Anyone have any clue when Wave's going to be released for public use?

Icewalker
2009-10-22, 10:27 AM
Not for a good while, I expect. Perhaps with Chrome? I'm not sure what their time frame is estimated to be.

Tirian
2009-10-22, 10:28 AM
Looking at Google's other projects, it will be somewhere between years and never, but over time they will ramp up capacity to the point that all members will have more invite codes than they can use.

CarpeGuitarrem
2009-10-22, 12:40 PM
I've got a Wave account too, and think 'twould be awesome to plan up a D&D suite of tools. Or things that can be used in general to RP. That's one of the first things I thought when I started using it.

It's like PBP gaming......except it also has seamless realtime integration and bots like IRC gaming...and it has inline gadget capability to do cool stuff....and it's wiki-editable, in case someone messes up or something. AND it has total history playback functionality.

In a word, gaming awesomeness.

Icewalker
2009-10-22, 06:50 PM
Exactly!

Yeah, I think we should start with a few generic things: a dice roller, a square and possibly hex battlemap. From there we can do more system specific things, but together a vital statistics sidebar and perhaps buff database for it track from for dnd 3.5, and perhaps 4 as well if people want to. Other systems, whatever.

Prak
2009-10-22, 06:51 PM
so do either of you have invites available?

Icewalker
2009-10-22, 07:06 PM
I got mine from a friend, didn't get it myself.

Prak
2009-10-22, 07:27 PM
I got mine from a friend, didn't get it myself.

Interesting, so not everyone who has Wave gets to send invites?

Icewalker
2009-10-22, 07:32 PM
When you get Wave, it comes with 8 invites, it's not open-ended.

Zeb The Troll
2009-10-22, 09:22 PM
I think the question there is, do those 8 invitees then get 8 invites of their own?

Keris
2009-10-22, 09:35 PM
Not yet. Otherwise, we'd all have Wave accounts.

PairO'Dice Lost
2009-10-22, 09:56 PM
Well, I'm a DM, and I'm a programmer, so I'm definitely in for this WaveITP plan if it ever gets off the ground (and if I ever get an invite :smallwink:). Can those who have access to the APIs put up a summary/some specs?

MethosH
2009-10-22, 10:16 PM
Well, I'm a DM, and I'm a programmer, so I'm definitely in for this WaveITP plan if it ever gets off the ground (and if I ever get an invite :smallwink:). Can those who have access to the APIs put up a summary/some specs?

None of us have :smalltongue:
Google is just letting the API out for very few people. We are waiting in the line for now :smallbiggrin:

PairO'Dice Lost
2009-10-22, 10:27 PM
None of us have :smalltongue:
Google is just letting the API out for very few people. We are waiting in the line for now :smallbiggrin:

Ah, well, I figured someone might have seen it so I might as well ask. Keep me (and any info) posted.

Zeb The Troll
2009-10-22, 11:18 PM
I thought Icewalker said he was looking at the API earlier. Or did I misunderstand what he meant there?

Rowsen
2009-10-22, 11:19 PM
Sign me up for Wave in the Playground! I believe you have my Email address already Methos. :smallbiggrin:

Icewalker
2009-10-22, 11:53 PM
Just a very general description of it and its major components, don't have it itself yet.

Shadow
2009-10-23, 02:30 AM
This does indeed look interesting.
I've just requested an invitation from Google (which you can do here (https://services.google.com/fb/forms/wavesignup/), for those of you that haven't looked into it).

PairO'Dice Lost
2009-10-23, 11:13 AM
I've just requested an invitation from Google (which you can do here (https://services.google.com/fb/forms/wavesignup/), for those of you that haven't looked into it).

Yeah, I found that last night and requested one, and also requested one of the developer sandbox accounts (which everyone else interested in the project should also do).

valadil
2009-10-23, 12:35 PM
Yeah, I found that last night and requested one, and also requested one of the developer sandbox accounts (which everyone else interested in the project should also do).

I put in my request about a month ago. They're certainly taking their time.

OTOH, if the API is still in flux it doesn't make sense to give out potential misinformation. It's better in the long run if we all gain access when the API is finished. That said, it would be pretty sweet if we had a whole suite of gaming tools ready before Wave was even public.

What I'm the most curious about is what can be embedded and how message transportation is handled. I'll be dismayed if wave gadgets turn out to be email with flash in it.

Yora
2009-10-23, 01:19 PM
But it's pretty much an omnibus of every online communications protocol blended together and improved. For instance, if you wanted to plan a movie with the help of a bunch of friends spread out across the country, you could create a Wave for it. Part of it could be a spreadsheet/schedule/planner-type section for tackling a top-down to-do list, another forum/IM/IRC/email-like part where you brainstorm the plot, and another part could be Word/wiki-like where people could drop in concrete plan with pictures and other media for site locations or music themes or whatever. All integrated, all real-time, all change controlled, and you can access it from everything from your laptop to your cellphone to probably your microwave oven once they conform to the protocol. Even if you only wanted it to create an IRC server, it'd likely be better than what you're using now.
So...

It doesn't do anything people haven't been doing for years? Except that you know use 100% google software with probably some monitoring and small adds?

BritishBill
2009-10-23, 03:12 PM
I have a gmail account. Is that what this is?

Shadow
2009-10-23, 03:54 PM
I have a gmail account. Is that what this is?

No, it's different.

When you have an hour and a half, watch this video (http://wave.google.com/help/wave/about.html) to better understand it. It's much, much more than email.

I put in my request about a month ago. They're certainly taking their time.Well, it says right in the top of the page "when more accounts become available" so I'm guessing that we'll wait until it's ready, but at least we're on the list now.

edit: upon checking, it doesn't say that on that page, but it said it on the page leading *to* that one.

MethosH
2009-10-23, 04:31 PM
Sign me up for Wave in the Playground! I believe you have my Email address already Methos. :smallbiggrin:

Yes sir :smallbiggrin:

I put in my request about a month ago. They're certainly taking their time.

Just one month? You got a long wait ahead of you buddy :smalltongue:

The Rose Dragon
2009-10-23, 04:54 PM
We need a list of people that want invites.

You guys with the Wave should do a wave about it. We without it will wait for you to have invites.

MethosH
2009-10-23, 05:08 PM
We need a list of people that want invites.

You guys with the Wave should do a wave about it. We without it will wait for you to have invites.

We already have a "Wave in the Playground" wave :smallbiggrin:

The Rose Dragon
2009-10-23, 05:29 PM
We already have a "Wave in the Playground" wave :smallbiggrin:

See, we can't see those.

Do you have a list of the poor huddled masses needing an invite, yearning to break free of the ocean floor and reach the dry beaches with the flick of a wave?

Do you take bribes?

Shadow
2009-10-23, 06:05 PM
Patience is a virtue, my friend.
I'm excited about it, but I'm also willing to let it get underway a bit so some of the bugs are worked out and some cool extensions are written. :smallwink:

MethosH
2009-10-23, 06:29 PM
Patience is a virtue, my friend.
I'm excited about it, but I'm also willing to let it get underway a bit so some of the bugs are worked out and some cool extensions are written. :smallwink:

Yeah.... We have some creepy bugs! The other day the entire thing just started flashing black and white for no reason! Maybe is google trying to mess with my mind... I'll never know...

Shadow
2009-10-23, 06:43 PM
Well, it's technically not live yet. This is basically just a developer pre-release, so things like that are bound to happen.

Darth Mario
2009-10-23, 07:15 PM
So, I got an account, from Google themselves, rather than from an invite.

I now have 10 or so unaccounted-for invitations sitting around, up for grabs.

Who wants 'em?

Edit: Oh, and count me in for the D&D widget project. Not sure how much help I can be, but I'll do what I can, even if it's just playtesting.

Edit2: Oh yeah, and for you who already have Wave and are working on the D&D widget, my screenname is GSWestland. Add me to the GitP Wave?

littlebottom
2009-10-23, 07:34 PM
if each invite you give gets to give 10 invites, then yeah, ill take one, just PM me and tell me what you need to know to send me the invite:smalltongue:

Alteran
2009-10-23, 07:49 PM

Who wants 'em?

I'd love an invite, if you're just giving them out. Should I PM you my email address or something?

Shadow
2009-10-23, 07:53 PM
if each invite you give gets to give 10 invites, then yeah, ill take one, just PM me and tell me what you need to know to send me the invite:smalltongue:

Only those invited from Google themselves get the invites.
Anyone invited by an invitee does not receive the invites to use themselves.

littlebottom
2009-10-23, 08:01 PM
awww, thats a shame... ah well, it will be nice to take a little look at it anyway :smalltongue:

Ripped Shirt Kirk
2009-10-23, 10:03 PM
[email protected]

Can i haz invite?

Darth Mario
2009-10-24, 12:04 AM
[email protected]

Can i haz invite?

Invite sent. Allow 6-8 weeks for delivery.

valadil
2009-10-24, 12:05 AM
Yes sir :smallbiggrin:

Just one month? You got a long wait ahead of you buddy :smalltongue:

One month for dev sandbox. I already have my Wave account. No I don't have invites yet.

Keris
2009-10-24, 12:27 AM

Who wants 'em?

If you have invites up for grabs, I'd greatly appreciate one. :smallsmile: My email is the same as the MSN address listed on my profile.

PairO'Dice Lost
2009-10-24, 02:13 AM
I'll take one, if you don't mind; email's in my profile.

Maelstrom
2009-10-24, 05:40 AM

Who wants 'em?

Edit: Oh, and count me in for the D&D widget project. Not sure how much help I can be, but I'll do what I can, even if it's just playtesting.

Edit2: Oh yeah, and for you who already have Wave and are working on the D&D widget, my screenname is GSWestland. Add me to the GitP Wave?

D.M. --

Would love an invite (still have not heard back from google on my request for one after a month or so). email is jeffreynash at gmail point com.

Thanks!

Everyone --

Once I get in, would love to help with the GITP wave...

Yora
2009-10-24, 06:21 AM
When you have an hour and a half, watch this video (http://wave.google.com/help/wave/about.html) to better understand it. It's much, much more than email.
NOW I get it. Having seen the first 20 min, it really seems to be just an improved IM protocol. But the improvement seem great so far.
Looks a bit confusing now, but I guess it all comes very naturally once you used it a week or two.

Adumbration
2009-10-24, 08:29 AM
Watched the first hour of the video, and you can count me in. Sent a plead to Darth Mario for an invitation via PM.

I think the potential is great in this one.

Zeb The Troll
2009-10-24, 10:20 AM
Are there enough developer type people who want invites that me asking for one would be detrimental to the overall gaming project? I'd like to get one if there's one just laying around, but I wouldn't want to take one away from someone who could actually help with the development instead of just saying "eh, when I roll double six's it adds up to eleven :smallconfused:".

The Rose Dragon
2009-10-24, 10:21 AM
By the way, if you get an invite from a friend, how long does it take to arrive?

I'm asking since mine hasn't arrived yet and I want to know whether I'm waiting in vain.

Darth Mario
2009-10-24, 11:46 AM
Google says invites will arrive "soon, be patient". My guess is within the week, but they haven't given an actual timeframe. Sorry.

It'll be really nice when I actually have friends to test stuff out with, because solo it's kinda boring.

Edit: I have 2 invites left. Pair'o'dice will get one when he can PM me his email (I can't actually see it in your profile, I can only email you directly), and Zeb will get one, unless he wishes to pass on it in favor of a potential developer.

Catch
2009-10-24, 11:49 AM
This seems like a fantastic piece of software. I've been looking for a way to group-edit fiction in real time, and after watching the preview, I'm pretty excited. I've already applied to Google for an invite, but I doubt it'll come anytime soon, if ever.

Tirian
2009-10-24, 12:43 PM
This seems like a fantastic piece of software. I've been looking for a way to group-edit fiction in real time, and after watching the preview, I'm pretty excited. I've already applied to Google for an invite, but I doubt it'll come anytime soon, if ever.

Are you sure that Google Docs wouldn't satisfy you? If "all" you're looking for is collaboratively writing a story in real-time, then that is stable software that is open to anyone with a Gmail account (which I think is open, and if not then at least it's a whole world easier to find someone with an invite code).

Lorn
2009-10-24, 12:59 PM
If anyone has any spare invites, I'd love it if you could send one my way. Looks like a really, really interesting piece of software.

Email is philis_j AT yahoo DOT co DOT uk

With the obvious substitutions that is...

MethosH
2009-10-24, 01:04 PM
Who already have a Google Wave account may add me ([email protected]) so I can add you guys to our Wave in the Playground :smallbiggrin:

Prak
2009-10-24, 01:29 PM
I'd like to claim that last invite, DM.

[email protected]

Timarvay
2009-10-24, 03:59 PM
Does anyone know if we can run Wave in Ubuntu?

Alteran
2009-10-24, 04:00 PM

I believe it's browser-based, so...probably? Honestly, I know nothing about Linux.

valadil
2009-10-24, 04:34 PM

Yes, it runs in firefox.

littlebottom
2009-10-24, 06:48 PM
go watch the video on page 2 and it tells you alot of information about it, admittedly, it can be hard to find an hour and 20 mins spare to just sit and watch it sometimes though...

MethosH
2009-10-24, 06:50 PM

Er... You can pretty much run Wave on any system that can have a browser o.O

littlebottom
2009-10-24, 06:55 PM
its hopefully going to be the next "email" well, you get my meaning.

as you can infact send a wave to just one person and have a conversation there, or have it with a group and edit it for plenty of purposes, if everyone gets a wave account, then i dont see a need for emails anymore, i mean, sending files through email (like emailing to yourself so you can access the document from home or anywhere else you can open your emails) is easily doable in wave to begin with.

im hoping that after a while i can get everyone else on my courses at A-level to get a wave account and putting our notes in seperate waves and adding each other to each wave, so we can look back at our own and each others notes, this will make things someone in particular was unsure of easily understandable by looking at each persons notes at his or her lesiure.

if that works, it could become standard practice in businesses and schools. maybe...

Shadow
2009-10-24, 07:23 PM
That's kind of the *entire* point. :smallwink:

littlebottom
2009-10-24, 07:32 PM
hehe, maybe so, but still, at the moment its going to be awkward to get everyone on it:smallannoyed: what with the massive waits and invites.

Shadow
2009-10-24, 07:42 PM
It hasn't officially even launched yet.
The people that were originally invited by Google were invited because they were the people that were expected to build extension and whatnot. They were given invites so that they could toy with it in an environment akin to when it does go live (i.e. actual use).
If their track record is any indicator, it'll still be *many many months* before it goes live and open to the public in general.

Imagine you worked for a record company.
When a band that you like who happens to be signed with that label releases a new album, you'll have one before anyone in the client base.
You'll get an advance copy before it gets released to the public.
This is a similar idea, except the developers almost have it how they've envisioned it, and so now they've *released* it to their *reps.*

It's not on the shelves yet, and we're not even sure when it will be, but believe me, when it *is*, you won't have any problems finding people with an account.

Kroy
2009-10-24, 08:49 PM
If anyone has an invite, I would appreciate an invite to my email amberwulf.productions***At***Gmail.com

*Remove ***
**Change At to @.

Thanks!

rogueboy
2009-10-25, 01:19 PM
If someone has extra invites or gets invites at some point in the future, I would love to get an invite. I've requested an invitation from Google, but as people have been saying, haven't heard anything from them.

email is rogueboy727 AT gmail DOT com

Icewalker
2009-10-25, 10:16 PM
Well, google wave has now stopped working for me. The page, wave.google.com/wave, is just showing up blank.

The Rose Dragon
2009-10-27, 06:41 AM
I have a Wave now.

No invites though.

So you should add me to the Wave in the Playground wave.

My wave is [email protected], by the way.

valadil
2009-10-27, 09:04 AM
Saw this today. It seemed relevant to the thread. Google Wave: We Came, We Saw, We Played D&D (http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2009/10/google-wave-we-came-we-saw-we-played-dd.ars).

Also, no I don't have any invites yet. When I do, y'all will be the 3rd to know, right after fiancee and livejournal.

Syka
2009-10-27, 09:32 AM
My friend sent me an invite sometime yesterday, I just haven't gotten it. As Google said "We have a lot of stamps to lick" lol.

I'm looking forward to see how it's different from just regular Google apps (my school is transitioning to use Google for their email, and the Google Apps include email, GoogleDocs, chat, etc...so it sounds very similar).

Hopefully it'll come in handy for my future production company. :smallwink:

Icewalker
2009-10-27, 09:54 AM
Yup, that's just about exactly what we're looking at. The article is a good source to look through for reminders of what we might need, and it made me realize how nice it would be to have the following: some way to keep IC, OOC, and character sheets in one wave without it getting cluttered. Not sure how we would go about this, perhaps some kind of toggle between IC, OOC, and My Sheet (the DM would have all sheets).

On that note, I definitely want to see a character sheet app. Which works like the rest of wave, you can edit and update, use playback to see all the edits you've gone through with for it. If it had the ability to mark definitive points in playback for each new level that would be handy.

PairO'Dice Lost
2009-10-27, 11:04 AM
On that note, I definitely want to see a character sheet app. Which works like the rest of wave, you can edit and update, use playback to see all the edits you've gone through with for it. If it had the ability to mark definitive points in playback for each new level that would be handy.

Just what I've been looking for, something that made level loss from negative levels not a pain in the ass! :smallwink:

Icewalker
2009-10-27, 11:40 AM
Exactly! With play back you don't need to make level loss into a tiny stat based thing, you can actually just rewind and look at your stats from one level prior.

PairO'Dice Lost
2009-10-27, 12:28 PM
Exactly! With play back you don't need to make level loss into a tiny stat based thing, you can actually just rewind and look at your stats from one level prior.

Hmm...you could also have a "gear-less" version for when you're in an antimagic field or your items get suppressed, a "shapeshifted" version that'll change your stats from your normal stats to your stats in your alternate form of choice with the click of a button, and other handy versioning stuff. This is even better than I originally thought....

Alteran
2009-10-27, 05:33 PM
I finally received my invitation, hooray! Add me to the GitP Wave please, my wave address is alexandergreben AT googlewave DOT com.

littlebottom
2009-10-27, 07:18 PM
i got my invite through too! could someone add me to the giantitp wave?

sephies.masamune @ googlewave.com

without the spaces. thanks :smalltongue:

MethosH
2009-10-27, 08:06 PM
done and done :smallbiggrin:

littlebottom
2009-10-27, 08:57 PM
hehe thanks, alots been going on already :smalltongue: i only hope i can be some help

Ashtar
2009-10-28, 05:59 PM
Well if there is any extra invite going, I'd like to partake in the joy of waving and roleplaying. It would be Eric.in.the.net at the usual gmail.

I'm curious about the APIs and have already started to read some of the docs. I'd mostly be coming from the Java side, since Python hasn't come up on my radar yet.

I wonder how well Wave could completely replace a versioning system for source code. The whole company working on the same source code simultaneously, with "comments" added in the quote areas. A compile would be done against a snapshot of the waves. Thanks to the replay, you'd never loose any code changes and could replay when you fail any regression testing, pinning it on the programmer who did the evil deed! You could even have a "real" svn or cvs behind to which the code is published if ever, in the same way as waves can be published to blog sites.

As for syntax highlighting and "intellisense" (argh... proprietary) autocompletion (HTML5 <select> <option>), these could be provided by the appropriate language robots. There's already a few like Syntaxy and others that do the highlighting.

Jokasti
2009-10-28, 10:58 PM
I would love an invite.
It's (jokasti318)@(gmail.com), without the parentheses.

Ashtar
2009-11-02, 06:26 PM
Well I just got back from the Google Wave Tech Talk in Zürich. Was very interesting and fun to meet all the enthusiastic minds and developers behind Wave. The top 5 of the team were there including Lars and Stephanie, which was great. We were able to ask questions including: "what was next?", "why the funky scroll bars instead of standard ones?" and others.

If the people with whom I went to have a drink are representative of the effect of Google Wave in companies, then wave will certainly take over the world!

One developer I met talked about integrating his company's customer support system into wave, using the search function of waves and allowing multiple departments to collaborate on an answer to a customer without the usual forwarding of emails.

I'm looking forwards to getting my access, they promised us that by surviving the evening we'd be rewarded by accounts and they made sure we did survive by providing Pizza! ^^

Zeb The Troll
2009-11-03, 12:50 AM
Man, I would've loved to go to something like that. Trolls never get invited to these kinds of shindigs. :smallfrown: :smallcool:

Ashtar
2009-11-03, 01:04 PM
Well, I did send them an email when I realized they had a meet in Zurich. There's the blog with the events they organize: http://googlewavedev.blogspot.com/2009/10/google-wave-is-headed-to-europe-join-us.html
So keep up with the blog and try to live close to a google building. They have open source evenings (Jam sessions), webtuesday hacksessions and other stuff. Also helps to have a couple of friends on the staff so they can keep you up to date.

Bayar
2009-11-03, 01:35 PM
Feel free to send me an invite if you can. My account is bayar_m2003 @ yahoo.com (without the spaces)

TedEBearNC
2009-11-04, 12:19 AM
An invite would be appreciated if someone has one to share. Thanks in advance! :smallbiggrin:

Send to TedEBearNC (at) gmail.com

valadil
2009-11-05, 02:43 PM
I finally got my dev sandbox invite :-) It took about 4-6 weeks after I initially signed up. Unfortunately I got it on the same day work got a lot busier, so I haven't even been able to look at the API yet.

Notes:
The developer sandbox account is not the same as a google wave account. I just happen to have both. No I don't have any invites yet. Any invites I pick up will go to real life friends before random forum goers. No offense.

Pocketa
2009-11-07, 07:58 PM
Uhm, I'd love an invite?

Kroy
2009-11-07, 08:21 PM
If anyone has an invite, I would appreciate an invite to my email amberwulf.productions***@***Gmail.com

Remove ***

Thanks!

I also still wish for an invite

Ashtar
2009-11-08, 06:22 PM
As of 00:02, I got access to the google appengine which will allow me to host robots for wave.

I wrote today some parsing code to parse dice expressions like 5d6+1, to which the robot will respond by creating an answer with the 5d6+1 = 17 line contained in it. Currently I support explosive dice (ie. roll 6 on a d6 allows you to reroll and keep adding), also there is an option to use -v (verbose) mode to see each dice.

Now I'm finally accredited to use the platform, I'm going to make my robot over the next few days. I'll tell you more when something is up for testing. This is totally preliminary stuff, so don't throw the whole party online yet.

Hopefully in a few days time, my few and precious little invites will be up for grabs.

Edit: Woooo! First version is running but still doesn't insert the dice in the right place (it puts it always at the end). And you have to make a message with only the desired dice roll in it.
Also it's great to meet GiantITPers on the wave :)

Re-edit: First version is up and running. It only replies if you make a message asking for a dice roll. You can add the bone dice roller to any wave by inviting [email protected] to the wave. Have fun! (And verbose doesn't work yet)

KBF
2009-11-09, 03:59 AM
I usually don't venture out of Gaming (Other), but I managed to bug a friend into bugging a friend into bugging his dad to send me a Wave invite and now I don't have anyone to Wave with. I figure I can come out here for awhile to ask for contacts just so I don't feel like I'm wasting it, right? Plus I want to try that die roller.

I'm [email protected] if you don't mind adding me.

Ashtar
2009-11-09, 02:12 PM
For all your dice needs in wave there's a robot that already exists and is pretty much complete: [email protected] (link (http://randomleetwenty.appspot.com/)).

I will keep on developing bonediceroller, so as to gain more experience with the Wave API.

Whattabatt
2009-11-10, 07:26 PM
I'd like an invite to the Wave in the Playground wave, please. ([email protected]).

...think this might be my first post outside of the pbp section. I'm a lurker like that. :smallbiggrin:

Ashtar
2009-11-11, 08:58 AM
I've just invited Pocketa (who got it straightaway) and Kroy, so no need to send them any other invites. What's the status on the others?

I don't want to lose invites by inviting a person already in. Anyone else inviting playgrounders?

And is anyone else into developing something like a gadget or a robot on wave, I could help jumpstart by sharing my sourcecode and experience already (a howto guide or something).

potatocubed
2009-11-11, 10:35 AM
Interesting.

I'm going to wave my email address around for an invite if there are any going spare - it's my username on gmail, I'm sure you can work it out - but if you've got anyone else to invite, invite them first.

Got one. I knew RL friends were good for something. :smalltongue:

PairO'Dice Lost
2009-11-11, 12:02 PM
I just got an email saying I'd get my developer login within the week, so looks like I'll be getting on board shortly.

I already have a diceroller written up that I could easily translate, but it appears we have a bajillion of those already. What feature(s) do you folks think I should start working on?

Fostire
2009-11-11, 12:39 PM
So I saw that hour and a half video demo for Google wave and I LOVE IT. I want one.

If anyone has an extra invite my mail is Rod1389 and that's at gmail. Got one. Thanks.

badam104172
2009-11-11, 01:01 PM
question... exactly what is it?

Fostire
2009-11-11, 01:18 PM

The video (http://wave.google.com/help/wave/about.html#video) should explain it quite nicely.

Jokasti
2009-11-11, 01:43 PM
Everything!

Lorn
2009-11-11, 03:05 PM
I've just invited Pocketa (who got it straightaway) and Kroy, so no need to send them any other invites. What's the status on the others?

I don't want to lose invites by inviting a person already in. Anyone else inviting playgrounders?
I don't have it yet,if you still have a spare invite :p

philis_j AT yahoo DOT co DOT uk

Kroy
2009-11-12, 06:41 PM
I just got google Wave!! Wave me at:[email protected]

FinalJustice
2009-11-17, 08:30 AM
I don't know if it was mentioned here, didn't have time to read the whole thread, but I just read an article where it says people are playing RPGs on wave, and immediatelly thought 'damn, how come I did not think of it?' (I never play by computer, only table, so that's probably it).

I does look like a damn fine idea, with the appropriate widgets, it can be very very cool. So, has anyone alreadly played by wave or plans to?

Kaelaroth
2009-11-17, 08:53 AM
The video (http://wave.google.com/help/wave/about.html#video) should explain it quite nicely.

A different question!
What is it?
Note, this question is only different in the sense that I'm looking for an answer in two paragraphs or less, in layman's terms if possible, so I don't have to watch an hour+ video.
If possible, that specified kind of answer'd be lovely.

Bayar
2009-11-17, 04:01 PM
A different question!
What is it?
Note, this question is only different in the sense that I'm looking for an answer in two paragraphs or less, in layman's terms if possible, so I don't have to watch an hour+ video.
If possible, that specified kind of answer'd be lovely.

The reinvention of the internet.

Shadow
2009-11-17, 04:57 PM
It's basically a hybrid of email, IM, & document editor (editable by anyone involved, not just the creator).
That's the *simple* answer.
But it is much much more than this simple explanation.

Jokasti
2009-11-17, 06:31 PM
I still want one too! Got one!
Wave me @ [email protected].

Lorn
2009-11-22, 04:19 PM
I have Google Wave, and thus no longer hate the invite system with a passion.

However - I do not have any invites at all. Please don't ask unless I say otherwise.

Requesting an add to WaveITP...

[email protected]

Cheers :)

Ashtar
2009-11-25, 07:56 PM
I just got a fresh wave of invites, so up to 6 3 2 more playgrounders can join. Just pm me your emails.

Fostire
2009-11-26, 10:01 AM
Got it!

rod1389 at googlewave.com

Ashtar
2009-11-26, 06:35 PM
Anyone who has wave can now go onto the public wave for Giant in the playground (https://wave.google.com/wave/#restored:wave:googlewave.com!w%252BaX_LSyNYD.6) and ask to be added to the list of WaveGrounders where we keep the list of threads related to gitp (and our secret identities!)

Jokasti
2009-11-26, 06:39 PM
Yeah, we have an Arts and Crafts thread, and a Silly Message Board Games thread. Hopefully we can get some people active on those.

arguskos
2009-11-26, 06:41 PM
Why you don't say? I managed to just nick me an invite. Thanks for bein' all welcoming and stuff. :smallbiggrin:

KuReshtin
2009-11-26, 07:01 PM
Joined the General Waveground chat.
Looks pretty nifty.

Jokasti
2009-11-26, 07:15 PM
Yessiree :smallbiggrin:

Fostire
2009-11-27, 03:35 PM
I got 5 2 1 invite left, so if anyone wants one it pm me your email address.

Fernando_
2009-11-28, 08:59 AM
Fostire got me an invite as promised ;D
If you already got a group there or something, add me up!

[email protected]

If anyone needs an invite, I got 8 left :smallwink:

Gaelbert
2009-11-28, 02:43 PM
Fostire came through for megapoints.

Got meself one now. c.t.kielhold at googlewave.com
Hook me up with the goods (group).

This is simply invigorating. I have no clue what I'm doing but I love it! I can't even explain.

GreyVulpine
2009-11-28, 02:49 PM
Thanks Fostire!

Gaelbert
2009-11-28, 05:00 PM
I have a question for those more technologically gifted than I. How do you add people to contacts?

Jokasti
2009-11-28, 05:03 PM
The + sign.
Just throw in the email and it's there.
As a sidenote, if you are completely lost in wave, and don't know where the GitP waves are, just search GitP. You should be able to find them.
Also, the name of the GitP community in Wave is called the WaveGround.

Gaelbert
2009-11-28, 05:15 PM
Whenever I use the + sign it tells me I have an incorrect address and won't let me submit. Bug or is it on my end?

Dallas-Dakota
2009-11-28, 05:20 PM
Got the invite.

I'l most certainly download it once I clean up my computer.

Bad computer! Bad!

I know there's Cloud Computing, but heavy programs which I regularly use don't go well with that.

Jokasti
2009-11-28, 05:21 PM
Well, if that doesn't work, try 'Manage Contacts'. There is an add contact button there too, I think.
Edit: And DD, you don't download Wave.... It's a website (wave.google.com/wave).

Dallas-Dakota
2009-11-28, 05:23 PM
Huh, well I'l look at it tomorrow.

Currently gotta work on my portfolio.

Jokasti
2009-11-28, 05:30 PM
Huh, well I'l look at it tomorrow.

Currently gotta work on my portfolio.

You say that, but do you mean it?

The sooner you see, the sooner you believe.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-11-28, 05:37 PM
Google has no control over me, my hair protects me like a tin foil hat!

Jokasti
2009-11-28, 05:47 PM
That's what they're telling you to think.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-11-28, 05:50 PM
Actually my hair has devoured people and things.

And anybody who dare enter my mind would instantly leave because of the sheer chaos and confusion that is in there.

If one wouldn't be scared by the first look, they would determine me useless with the second one and then leave.

Jokasti
2009-11-28, 05:54 PM
With the time you spend posting, you could be cracking up a new tab and going to http://wave.google.com/wave :smallbiggrin:

Catch
2009-11-28, 10:56 PM
Mine works, hurrah! Now to find contacts.

Gaelbert
2009-11-29, 05:09 PM
I'm trying to make a wave of mine public, but I can't seem to make it work. I've already tried the help and so on, and I can't add [email protected] to my Wave contacts. I've tried several different ways, manage contacts and adding it to gmail, dragging it from another wave to my contacts. What am I doing wrong?

Edit: Nevermind.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-11-29, 05:25 PM
Aaand my day was eaten away by re-watching V for Vendetta(which in turn made me re-watch The Count of Monte Cristo) and fixing computer problems.

And college tomorrow.

I'm not even actively delaying looking at google wave....

Flabbicus
2009-11-30, 12:06 PM
I'm also riding the wave. Seems pretty cool so far. I've managed to implement the random dice roller and have a conversation with my roommate over it.

Rettu Skcollob
2009-12-02, 09:32 AM
I am completely bloody lost with this thing. Tried searching for the GitP group but got no results, I don't know what I'm doing >_<

Probably shouldn't have started on this so late.

Fuzzie Fuzz
2009-12-02, 06:47 PM
Squee! I got an RL friend to invite me. So... how do I invite people?

EDIT: And I second Rettu. I'm so confused, but utterly... wishing that awesomed was a word so that I could use it.

Fostire
2009-12-02, 07:14 PM
Squee! I got an RL friend to invite me. So... how do I invite people?

EDIT: And I second Rettu. I'm so confused, but utterly... wishing that awesomed was a word so that I could use it.

You should have a wave with the invites, and the word you're looking for is "awed".

Fuzzie Fuzz
2009-12-02, 07:45 PM
You should have a wave with the invites, and the word you're looking for is "awed".

Right and right. Thanks!

littlebottom
2009-12-02, 08:04 PM
if anyone wants adding to the playgrounds waves, then PM me your googlewave account and ill add you to them.:smallwink:

Shadow_Elf
2009-12-02, 10:25 PM
On the subject of using Wave for Play-by-Post - What more does one need than a dice rolling bot and a google docs spreadsheet? To play 4e, at least. It even comes with a coordinate grid to make things easy. Everyone gets a letter, cells are coloured to show what each one contains. Easy, right?
Am I missing something?

Fostire
2009-12-02, 10:38 PM
On the subject of using Wave for Play-by-Post - What more does one need than a dice rolling bot and a google docs spreadsheet? To play 4e, at least. It even comes with a coordinate grid to make things easy. Everyone gets a letter, cells are coloured to show what each one contains. Easy, right?
Am I missing something?

Right now that seems to be about everything you can do, but ideally we could have gadgets and bots that would make everything much, much easier.

Sneak
2009-12-04, 09:45 AM
Got one: [email protected]. Invited a few RL friends, have 4 invites left if any still needs one.

Still not quite sure what to do with this thing. :smallconfused:

TheStagesmith
2009-12-04, 06:39 PM
I got an invite: [email protected]
I've got some invites to give, as well. Anyone who needs one, PM me.

Right now that seems to be about everything you can do, but ideally we could have gadgets and bots that would make everything much, much easier.

Yeah, I don't think it's open to developers yet. Once it is, I'm sure some enterprising individuals from the playground will whip up some simple tools. I'd much rather play on Wave than on the (clunky) forums.

Fostire
2009-12-04, 06:57 PM
I got an invite: [email protected]
I've got some invites to give, as well. Anyone who needs one, PM me.

Yeah, I don't think it's open to developers yet. Once it is, I'm sure some enterprising individuals from the playground will whip up some simple tools. I'd much rather play on Wave than on the (clunky) forums.

Actually, it is. That's the whole idea of opening up for people to use, so that people can develop bots and gadgets for wave. In fact one of the GitP wave is for working on creating such tools (there's already a dice roller).

MyLifeMyMusical
2009-12-04, 07:58 PM
I just got "on the wave" and would love to join the Playground Wave!

[email protected]

Fuzzie Fuzz
2009-12-04, 11:50 PM
I would also like to join the Wave itP.

(I also like the color purple.)
/injoke

MyLifeMyMusical
2009-12-05, 01:24 AM
PS: I have invites if anyone needs one.
PM me. :smallsmile:

Reinboom
2009-12-05, 09:54 AM
Before I use this, I'm curious about a business security issue (as I intend to use this for business, of course).
That is, if I am to make a new wave and invite many folks to it, can I restrict who can edit and view it to only those few people? That is, none of the people I invite can invite more people?

An option to enable this would be preferred, as to prevent accidental trade secrets leaking.

GreyVulpine
2009-12-05, 10:23 AM
Before I use this, I'm curious about a business security issue (as I intend to use this for business, of course).
That is, if I am to make a new wave and invite many folks to it, can I restrict who can edit and view it to only those few people? That is, none of the people I invite can invite more people?

An option to enable this would be preferred, as to prevent accidental trade secrets leaking.

Restriciting who can see it? Yes.

Restriciting who can edit it, no. It basically works as a wiki in terms of editing. You can see the history of who made edits, but you can't assign a moderator/editor to it (so far).

Reinboom
2009-12-05, 10:25 AM
Restriciting who can see it? Yes.

Restriciting who can edit it, no. It basically works as a wiki in terms of editing. You can see the history of who made edits, but you can't assign a moderator/editor to it (so far).

The restricting/editing was intended as a single object.
So, if I can restrict who can see it, that's good enough. :smalltongue:

Thank you.

Fuzzie Fuzz
2009-12-05, 02:57 PM
I also wish there was a way to restrict who could edit posts in certain Waves, or even turn editing off entirely for any given Wave. It would make D&D much easier to do, if people couldn't edit each others' posts. (Accidentally or intentionally.)

Also, I'm on Google Wave as [email protected] and would love to be added to the Wave itP.

Haven
2009-12-05, 04:20 PM
There probably will be something like that in the future--it's just in Beta right now, after all.

Tharivol123
2009-12-05, 08:00 PM
I've got my wave account up and still have 8 invites left if anyone else on here wants one. Just shoot me a message with your e-mail and I'll get one to you.

Yarram
2009-12-08, 06:23 AM
Yeah... For some reason I have 22 invites now, so anyone that wants one wins.

The Rose Dragon
2009-12-08, 06:36 AM
I have 22 invites too!

Even though I had only 13 invites yesterday.

KuReshtin
2009-12-08, 07:57 AM
Oooohh.. I've got 25 invites..

Ashtar
2009-12-08, 08:27 AM
There's been talk of organizing a first game of D&D 3.5, most probably an Eberron scenario. Seems we have 3 players (rogue, arguskos' savant and a barbarian) who are preparing characters.

I hope we manage to get something off the ground, it would be great to have something to use Wave on.

Reinboom
2009-12-08, 10:13 AM
May I have an invite?
Someone just sent me one. Thanks. :smallsmile:

Flickerdart
2009-12-08, 10:16 AM
Is the wave address just your Gmail with a different ending? If so, add [email protected] to the Wave itP, please.

Deth Muncher
2009-12-08, 11:42 AM
Uh, I'm now on the Interwaves, with 8 invites. Lemme know if someone needs one.

Also, username, I believe, is [email protected]. Should be.

Deth Muncher
2009-12-08, 11:51 AM
There's been talk of organizing a first game of D&D 3.5, most probably an Eberron scenario. Seems we have 3 players (rogue, arguskos' savant and a barbarian) who are preparing characters.

I hope we manage to get something off the ground, it would be great to have something to use Wave on.

I would be so down for this.

Ashtar
2009-12-08, 12:53 PM
To find our public waves, you can do a search (on the search bar of wave) for

with:Public GitP

We tag the main, publically available threads.

The planning wave for the adventure is Here are a list of adventures/campaigns I could run (https://wave.google.com/wave/?pli=1#restored:wave:googlewave.com!w%252BAVZ_rx4G A)

Gaelbert
2009-12-08, 09:14 PM
I'm sure a few others have noticed by now, but they gave us more invites. A lot more. If anyone still wants one PM me.

Yarram
2009-12-09, 01:42 AM
I forgot to ask, but yeah, could someone add me ITP?
I'm [email protected]

Tharivol123
2009-12-09, 08:32 PM
I'll take an add too. [email protected]

Jokasti
2010-02-27, 02:41 PM
So, ah, what's up with this? A few of us are doing a DnD game, but the Exalted game seems to have shriveled up and died... Are we going to do that?

Xyk
2010-02-28, 01:54 AM
I acquired my wave account like a month or two ago but have yet to find a good use for it. I'll do what I can for the Wave itp if added.

I guess my wave account is [email protected] assuming the first part is the same as my gmail account.

Edit: I found where it's listed. That one is correct.

Crispy Dave
2010-03-01, 09:31 AM
I have it but I never use it. I might when more people idk. But for now First 6 people to PM me asking get an invite :).

fauntix
2010-04-27, 02:40 PM
i have 15 invites and can get more...... may i join?

email is [email protected]

Coplantor
2010-04-27, 03:05 PM
Hi, my wave account is [email protected] and I cant find the GitP wave :smallconfused:

EDIT: Waaait, found one.

fauntix
2010-04-27, 09:29 PM
Hi, my wave account is [email protected] and I cant find the GitP wave :smallconfused:

EDIT: Waaait, found one.

0.0 where...i added you

poisonoustea
2010-04-28, 07:35 AM
[email protected]

I have 8 invites btw.