PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Looking for pantheons

Wahrheit
2009-10-17, 08:57 PM
I'm working on a campaign setting vaguely based on the ancient world. Deities and Demigods has the Greek, Norse, and Egyptian pantheons in it; does anyone know where I could find Celtic, Babylonian, and Chinese pantheons?

Deth Muncher
2009-10-17, 09:01 PM
I'm working on a campaign setting vaguely based on the ancient world. Deities and Demigods has the Greek, Norse, and Egyptian pantheons in it; does anyone know where I could find Celtic, Babylonian, and Chinese pantheons?

For Chinese, I'd say go to Order of the Stick, specifically the Azure City story arc.

mem0man
2009-10-17, 09:01 PM
The Source book Deities and Demigods has most of them. If not I am sure you can dig through Dragon and the home brew forum and find something to your liking or at the very least inspiring.

Kylarra
2009-10-17, 09:02 PM
wikipedia is also your friend here too, assuming you just want concepts.

Wahrheit
2009-10-18, 01:05 AM
I'm familiar, at least in passing, with most of the deities themselves. I'm just (vaguely) lazy and was hoping somebody's already made an alignment/domain list for them.

Bogardan_Mage
2009-10-18, 02:36 AM
For Chinese, I'd say go to Order of the Stick, specifically the Azure City story arc.
I would not. Traditional Chinese folklore has a vast pantheon of immortals and deities and assorted other things of that nature without having to make them up based on astrological symbology (see the Jade Emperor (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jade_Emperor), for example).

mostlyharmful
2009-10-18, 05:28 AM
There's a ludicrously huge number of different write ups on dicefreaks, particularly here (http://dicefreaks.forumz.cc/viewforum.php?f=33) which you can mostly either find what you're looking for or find something close that you can just change the name of. Be aware that they use their own version of the deity rules and have changed their own system several times so give anything you use a good solid once over before you put it into practise.

bosssmiley
2009-10-18, 06:03 AM
does anyone know where I could find Celtic, Babylonian, and Chinese pantheons?

The 1E Deities and Demigods. 16 RW pantheons, plus the Cthulhu and Elric pantheons. Just convert them using the DiceFreaks deity rules and you're good to go.