Were-clown - Mona the Vampire
Buster - Masters of Horror episode "We All Scream for Ice Cream"
Marx - Kirby Super Star
Kishin - Soul Eater
Zombie clown - Zombieland
Tira - Soulcaliber IV

kpenguin
2009-10-17, 11:37 PM
The Joker's not a jester. He's a comedian.

Jamin
2009-10-17, 11:37 PM
The Joker is more of a clown than a jester. IMO

AkazilliaDeNaro
2009-10-17, 11:52 PM
jesters tell jokes and a clown just acts stupid
evil jesters like to throw bombs and dangerous toys
so joker is a jester

Froogleyboy
2009-10-17, 11:52 PM
My brother listens to this band about murder clowns called ICB, so add ICB to the clown list

TheSummoner
2009-10-18, 12:03 AM
Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to introduce you to...

Dimentio.
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:vXFz59Fn5p_4bM:http://blog-imgs-29.fc2.com/x/x/f/xxfo/Dimentio_by_Machaphasesix.jpg
(cute, isn't he?)

This little fellow here is one of the most delightfully dark Mario villains ever. His ultimate goal is the destruction of the universe so that he can recreate it in his own image. Up until the very end of the game you're led to believe he is no more than a minion of the "main villian." He plays both sides of the conflict, helping the bad guys and Mario's group whenever it suits his goals. He always smiles and has a funny little habit of making disturbing comparisons in his speeches ("And now, it is time for the destruction to begin! Let it begin with YOU, as you wallow around in helplessness, like upside-down turtles!"). Although he may appear as a lighthearted and comical villian, he is, in his own words "Always deadly serious."

Did I mention he murders Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach and Bowser about 2/3 through the game... I'm pretty sure I mentioned that, oh yes... yes indeed ^_^.

Jesters win.

chaosgirl
2009-10-18, 12:12 AM
I've never seen the appeal of either.
The Joker is a villain who is occasionally written in a way thats interesting, but is to far over used to actually be scary.

FoE
2009-10-18, 12:13 AM
There are also Killer Klowns from Outer Space.

The Glyphstone
2009-10-18, 12:19 AM
Joker is a clown.

Harley Quinn is a jester.

Who's more scary again?

Froogleyboy
2009-10-18, 12:20 AM
Joker is a clown.

Harley Quinn is a jester.

Who's more scary again?

HArley Quinn. Totally

GoufCustom
2009-10-18, 12:21 AM
Joker is the Clown Prince of Crime.

Also, don't forget Kefka.

AkazilliaDeNaro
2009-10-18, 12:28 AM
okay screw it Joker gets his own catagory
and i reallyt dont know much so just please have a link or discription for the people

LurkerInPlayground
2009-10-18, 12:33 AM
Jesters are eviler. I'd even rate the Heath Ledger Joker as closer to a Jester.

A wise-fool is simply unmatched in their insight. It makes them dangerous tricksters. Clowns are more about the body humor and slapstick.

Myatar_Panwar
2009-10-18, 12:33 AM
My brother listens to this band about murder clowns called ICB, so add ICB to the clown list

I think you mean ICP..... and yet I really hope that I am wrong. D:

Berserk Monk
2009-10-18, 12:34 AM
I really want to know which has the most evil characters
i dont know much but just a start
Clowns has: IT, Sweet tooth, ICB
Jesters has: Dimentio, Killer Klowns from Outer Space
Joker
and i'm done any ideas

And where does Edward Blake fit into this?

Dienekes
2009-10-18, 12:41 AM
Doesn't this depend entirely on the character and not the category?

kpenguin
2009-10-18, 12:44 AM
I think Comedians should be their own category.

And that the Joker, Eddie Blake, and Wade Wilson should be in that category.

Froogleyboy
2009-10-18, 12:52 AM
I think you mean ICP..... and yet I really hope that I am wrong. D:

I googled it, and your right

Cheesegear
2009-10-18, 01:00 AM
Dr. Whiteface.

http://16.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_koqlpvOnSy1qzu5tto1_500.jpg

He'll get you. Head of the Fool's Guild. So...A Jester?

Berserk Monk
2009-10-18, 02:31 AM
I think Comedians should be their own category.

And that the Joker, Eddie Blake, and Wade Wilson should be in that category.

Deadpool isn't really a prankster/comedy themed character so can he really enter these categories?

AkazilliaDeNaro
2009-10-18, 03:30 AM
okay like i said i really dont know anything so im just taking your word for all of the ones i dont know

Atelm
2009-10-18, 04:44 AM
Also, don't forget Kefka.

Definitely Kefka, he's the Joker among the villains/antagonists of all Final Fantasy.

Whether he is more a clown or a jester I'm not sure though.

http://i587.photobucket.com/albums/ss313/Atelm/DissidiaKefkaArtwork.png

Berserk Monk
2009-10-18, 05:19 AM
Definitely Kefka, he's the Joker among the villains/antagonists of all Final Fantasy.

Sadly, he's still one of the most masculine characters in all the final fantasy series.

Illiterate Scribe
2009-10-18, 01:49 PM
The Joker's not a jester. He's a comedian.

I'd say the Comedian was more of a joker, than a jester.

Nerd-o-rama
2009-10-18, 02:04 PM
His name is Dr. Rockso. He's a rock and roll clown. He does cocaine. That's about all we know.

Still, I'd file him under evil clowns, or at least criminally insane ones.

Berserk Monk
2009-10-18, 03:22 PM
His name is Dr. Rockso. He's a rock and roll clown. He does cocaine. That's about all we know.

Still, I'd file him under evil clowns, or at least criminally insane ones.

Man, I completely forgot about him. Also, Krusty; with all his vices, he has to qualify as at least a little malevolent.

bosssmiley
2009-10-18, 03:28 PM
Trick question. The correct answer is:

Mimes. :smallannoyed:

daggaz
2009-10-18, 03:48 PM
hahhahaha bossmiley =)

and yeah, Killer Clowns from Outerspace really, really need to be on your list. Listen to Kpenguin, he knows his evil clowns. From outerspace.

lisiecki
2009-10-18, 06:27 PM
Dr. Whiteface.

http://16.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_koqlpvOnSy1qzu5tto1_500.jpg

He'll get you. Head of the Fool's Guild. So...A Jester?

A clown.

The Fools guild is all about pies to the face, being trapped in invisible boxes, and hateing every second of it

Nerocite
2009-10-18, 07:27 PM
Clowns are scarier.

AkazilliaDeNaro
2009-10-18, 07:55 PM
clown may be scary as heck in real life but i wnt to find out which role has more evil characters
#|Clowns|Jester|Joker
1|IT|Dimentio|Joker|
2|Sweet tooth|Kefka|Joker|
3|ICP|Harley Quinn|Joker|
4|KKOS|Dr. Whiteface|?|

Clowns has: IT, Sweet tooth, ICP, Killer Klowns from Outer Space,Darph Bobo
Jesters has: Dimentio, Harley Quinn, Dr Whiteface
Joker
and i'm done any ideas
I just wikipediaed evil clown and evil jester so help catagorise
Piedmon - Digimon
Buggy the Clown - One Piece
Darph Bobo - Tripping the rift
Konrad Beezo, Punchinello, Honker, Crinkles - Life Expectancy
Zombozo -Ben 10
Were-clown - Mona the Vampire
Buster - Masters of Horror episode "We All Scream for Ice Cream"
Marx - Kirby Super Star
Kishin - Soul Eater
Zombie clown - Zombieland
Tira - Soulcaliber IV

bosssmiley
2009-10-18, 08:57 PM

I'm afraid the jester vs clown dichotomy is largely a false one. One evolved into the other, and the latter retrospectively colours popular conception of the former.

Kefka's a harlequin, a late version of the medieval mummer (parti-coloured dress, acrobatics, pranks and jests). What we think of as the jester owes as much to Harlequin as it does to the actual prodigies and fools of medieval and renaissance courts.

The Pierrot (represented by Dr Whiteface) was arguably the prototype of the modern mime, and is the best-known face of the sad clown archetype. Pathos is the operative word here.

Both Harlequin and Pierrot were Commedia Dell'arte (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commedia_dell%27arte) characters, and both were substantial influences on the modern painted circus clown.

Incidentally, both Mr Punch (Punchinello) and V (whose Guy Fawkes mask is an obvious Scaramouche) are Commedia-derived killer clowns too. And don't get me started on Rorschach... :smallwink:

Enlong
2009-10-19, 01:15 AM
The Jester side also gets Deathjester, from Seiken Densetsu 3 (Unlocalized 3rd game in the Mana series, for the uninitiated)
As for evil stuff he does, his first act in Kevin's path is to turn Kevin's dog into an insane wolf, forcing Kevin to kill him. Then he feeds Kevin some bullcrap about being able to revive him with the Holy Sword, just so that he can get it for himself.
And I can't remember all of what else he does, other than being one of the possible characters to kill the Faerie, but he's seriously messed up.

Krytha
2009-10-19, 01:51 PM
From Wikipedia - Battle Angel Alita

"Starship Cult
- Springfoot Jack

The founder and former leader of the Starship Cult, Springfoot Jack (バネ足ジャック, Bane Ashi Jakku?) was a former Stellar Nursery Society alumnus named Molonev Menhir who was left to his own devices along with other "graduates" upon reaching the age of fifteen. After spending fifteen years working dead-end jobs and finally living as a vagrant, Menhir finally finds a higher purpose during a chance encounter with a dying criminal dressed as a clown. The incident inspires Menhir to believe that life itself is madness, and plans on spreading this belief to others, particularly children.

Menhir then adopts a new persona named "Springfoot Jack": a sinister clown with extendable legs, arms, neck and fingers which are now attached by powerful springs. He also has incredible powers of hypnotism, able to take control of victims on the spot and have them perform incredible feats. The effects of his hypnotism depend on the victim's receptiveness to suggestion, with some reaching as far as supernatural levels (such as becoming hard as steel). He forms a traveling circus named "The Magic Troupe", which in actuality is a cult under which Jack captures victims to test their receptiveness to his hypnotism using brutal physical torture. The survivors of the tests become additions to his cult. His cult is eventually taken over by one of own his captives, Whophon, who renames it "The Starship Cult".

The Starship Cult enters the tenth annual ZOTT tournament. Jack longs to face the Guntrolls, comprised of the very Stellar Nursery School faculty he feels abandoned him. The Guntrolls instead are defeated early on by the Space Angels, whom go on to match against the Starship Cult. He easily makes hypotized victims of Elf and Zwölf, deluding Elf into shooting herself in a rigged game of Russian Roulette while having Zwölf behave as a human boomerang. His trickery and hypnotism is not enough to deter Sechs, whom easily overcomes his gimmicks and slays him."