PDA

View Full Version : Statting Kerrigan (stacraft)

Salt_Crow
2009-10-17, 11:48 PM
OK, I've had a bout of fancy for playing Starcraft, our game of ancient times that Koreans still love with fanaticism.

After playing through the Original & Brood War campaign straight through (cheating a few camapaigns out when I got tired), I found the character of Sarah Kerrigan quite an interesting villain to send out in my upcoming one-off session with my old D&D group.

So, is there any stats for Sarah Kerrigan around? I've never heard of Starcraft d20, but if there's any fan-made ones that are quite viable, I'd like get a link or something. Thanks :)

evil-frosty
2009-10-17, 11:51 PM
I dont know if anything is out there for this but I think a totemist w/ some reflavored soulmelds could work out quite nicely for this after she gets changed into the Zerg.

Eldariel
2009-10-18, 12:25 AM
I'd say Aberration (Augmented Humanoid) with two Tentacle Blade attacks (you'd have to homebrew her Infested template, methinks; it makes her physically deadly, but I somehow don't find something like Feral fitting for such a clear psion) and extremely high levels in Psion: Telepath (mind control and mindraping seem to be her favorite pasttimes) or Wilder (she definitely has an insane charisma given how influential she can be even without using her powers, what with getting her archnemesis in the Protoss to work for her and all).

I'd make her a Gish simply because she is insanely tough and does insane melee damage (her damage is comparable to that of a sieged Siege Tank blast). So yeah, Ranger/Psion: Telepath/Slayer/Anarchic Initiate.

The Glyphstone
2009-10-18, 12:30 AM
It's missing the ability to turn invisible, but I suppose Cloud Mind and Mass Cloud Mind serve as able substitutes. Pre-infestation, that is, I don't remember her being able to cloak afterwards.

Eldariel
2009-10-18, 12:41 AM
It's missing the ability to turn invisible, but I suppose Cloud Mind and Mass Cloud Mind serve as able substitutes. Pre-infestation, that is, I don't remember her being able to cloak afterwards.

She has Cloak in both forms. It should be easily enough done with Darkstalker and simple Hide and Move Silently though (thanks, Ranger-level!). Thanks to stuff like Cerebral Blind, she can be devilishly difficult to detect if she so chooses. That said, it might be better to actually try to do it with a power. That said, I don't think Psionics really do invisibility. Meh.

The Glyphstone
2009-10-18, 12:53 AM
The closest it gets is the Cloud Mind power(s) - not Invisibility per-say, but a mind-affecting power that just makes the targets ignore you and rationalize away the effects of your actions.

Ernir
2009-10-18, 12:57 AM
Ring of Invisibility? Her cloak was part of her ghost equipment, not her innate powers, right?

Eldariel
2009-10-18, 12:58 AM
Ring of Invisibility? Her cloak was part of her ghost equipment, not her innate powers, right?

Before she became a Zerg, probably. Afterwards though? She didn't really have much equipment or anything else on for that matter. Maybe she assimilated it all or something and can use it inherently. *shrug*

ShneekeyTheLost
2009-10-18, 01:36 AM
Pre-infestation, she was a PsiWar with a Ring of Invisibility. Remember, 'detector' units could still spot her while Cloaked, so Detectors use See Invis.

Post-Infestation, give her some Template, she keeps the Ring, and gains Energy Ball as a bonus Power Known, as well as Power Leech.

Eldariel
2009-10-18, 01:45 AM
Post-Infestation, give her some Template, she keeps the Ring, and gains Energy Ball as a bonus Power Known, as well as Power Leech.

She shows a lot more power than that in demos, mission starts and such. Such as controlling entire broods, "infesting" Raszagal; I think high-level manifesting is required to replicate that. Also, her invisibility seems stronger than the Ring-version; she doesn't reappear when she attacks.

The Glyphstone
2009-10-18, 01:53 AM
Ring of Greater Invisibility, then. It'd be hideously expensive (4x7x2000x4=224,000 XP), but she's not exactly spending her WBL on a whole lot otherwise.

Crafty Cultist
2009-10-18, 02:00 AM
I agree with ranger/psion/slayer combo. her psionic are definitely more powerful than the stuff psionic warriors get