PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a story by Hemingway

Berserk Monk
2009-10-17, 11:55 PM
I'm looking for a short story written by Ernest Hemingway, and when I say short story I mean it's like a paragraph long. It's about these 6 minister who are about to be executed outside this hospital. One of them is sick and has to be carried out to the firing squad. If anyone knows the name of it thanks. I need it for an assignment.

Dienekes
2009-10-18, 01:21 AM
Umm, I think I read this one. But I don't remember it's name.

It's in one of his book of short stories. I think it was In Our Time (manly because of the 2 book of short stories I read that's the only title I remember)

Berserk Monk
2009-10-18, 02:45 AM
Umm, I think I read this one. But I don't remember it's name.

It's in one of his book of short stories. I think it was In Our Time (manly because of the 2 book of short stories I read that's the only title I remember)

I don't know the book it was in. My teacher gave the entire classes a printout of the story. He mentioned that Hemingway wrote an entire book of these short stories, but other than that, I have no idea where it comes from.

zillion ninjas
2009-10-18, 01:47 PM
I don't recognize the story you're looking for, but try scanning the titles here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Complete_Short_Stories_of_Ernest_Hemingway).

I wouldn't suggest Wikipedia for literary analysis, but it's pretty good for making lists of things.

daggaz
2009-10-18, 03:46 PM
He has a collection out that starts in his childhood in Michigan (and damn there are some chillingly good shorts in there) which then spins out to the war in Spain. I have a strong feeling that your story is in the second half of this book, sorry I cannot remember the name of it at all. Its some of his earliest works, tho.