PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 Dominating/Possessing Monstrosity

Sutrahariel
2009-10-18, 07:28 AM
Okay, so I was browsing through one of my younger friend's yu-gi-oh decks (don't ask, I was relly bored >.<) when I happened upon an interesting card: Dark Necrofear. Just by reading its effect, as well as looking at its pic, it looked like a doable pc/npc character. Why I thought of this is beyond me, but there's no stopping now!

For those that haven't seen the card, it is here. (http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Necrofear)

Just at first glance I thought it seemed like a good idea to make it a mindbender somehow, and with the ability to possess enemies. So maybe a incorporeal creature of some kind, with the mindbender prc? I dunno exactly, what are everyone's opinions?

RandomLunatic
2009-10-18, 10:20 AM
Ragamoffyns (MM2)? No mindbender needed, although you could for laughs...

Sutrahariel
2009-10-18, 10:57 AM
That is an intresting idea, but sadly it doesn't work to well with the fluff. I'm trying my best to keep this humanoid, and hopefully not with a huge LA. Sorry though, I might use that when I dm next ^^

I was thinking of using a template, though I know that most are horrible. Worst case scenario I'll just make a monster from scratch. Let me be more in depth as to what this character would be/do:

Incorporeal
possession
some sort of magical ability
Be evil/Undead/Demonic
Probably have some sort of Aura
Use a soulless body as a host, probably with a backup

I'll be back with the homebrew idea

Fishy
2009-10-18, 11:20 AM
The Eberron Campaign Setting, among the rest of its distilled and concentrated awesomeness, has rules on adapting fiends and things to be able to possess creatures and objects.

Or, a Ghost with the Malevolence ability.

Or, that Fiend of Possession class from Fiend Folio.