PDA

View Full Version : The Incantrix

alexthemad
2009-10-18, 08:13 AM
I'm trying to find the Incantrix (3.5) progression and class abilities. I want to look at making an Incantrix and I can't find it anywhere. If someone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. I would really like to be able to download the book, for free of course.

Starbuck_II
2009-10-18, 08:19 AM
For Free? Isn't that Piracy?

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20010803
Is the link to Excerpt.

Pie Guy
2009-10-18, 08:20 AM
We don't talk about that stuff here.

But I believe there was an Incantatrix web expansion on the wotc website.

Jack_Simth
2009-10-18, 08:38 AM

Is the link to Excerpt.

Yes, but that's the slightly less overpowered 3.0 version (page 31, Magic of Faerun). The more overpowered 3.5 version is in the Player's Guide to Faerun, page 61. But you'll need to check your local gaming store to get it.

Oh, and it's technically spelled Incantatrix.

mostlyharmful
2009-10-18, 08:40 AM

Is the link to Excerpt.

That's the 3.0 one, the 3.5 isn't available online so far as I know.

alexthemad
2009-10-18, 03:57 PM
Thanks for the info. I was just kinda kidding about the free download of the book. I was really looking for the class features on the web, like the SRD. I figured there had to be something out there on the class, and I just couldn't find it.

Toliudar
2009-10-18, 05:27 PM
In an effort to make Incantatrix less of a win button: Would a version that gave up caster advancement on even levels (or, for that matter, on odd levels) be balanced? Discuss.

Magnor Criol
2009-10-18, 05:42 PM
Thanks for the info. I was just kinda kidding about the free download of the book. I was really looking for the class features on the web, like the SRD. I figured there had to be something out there on the class, and I just couldn't find it.

You're unlikely to find it, and if you do, it'll almost certainly be illegal. The things on the SRD are released for free use and publication by WotC; most everything else is material they keep a tighter lid on, and legally can't be published online. Note, for example, that the beholder doesn't appear in the SRD - this is because WotC didn't make them part of the SRD, keeping them as their own intellectual property.

The Incantatrix falls under the category of "not free," so, unfortunately, you're going to have to shell out some cash for the class.

Kylarra
2009-10-18, 05:50 PM
In an effort to make Incantatrix less of a win button: Would a version that gave up caster advancement on even levels (or, for that matter, on odd levels) be balanced? Discuss.
Eh, you can still get cooperative/metamagic effect without losing 9th level spells, so it'd be an easy snag for metamagic abuse. If you place the skip on the evens then you only lose 1 caster level but only get one bonus feat, placing it on the odds means you might as well take incantrix 4 for the bonus feat as well. regardless, it'd be dipped for a different focus, but still be a strong class.

Eldariel
2009-10-18, 05:52 PM

It'd be a 3-level dip only then. The ability is worth 2 CL losses, but any more than that isn't. Really, anything that doesn't get level 9 spells doesn't compare to anything that does.