PDA

View Full Version : iGoogle help - fixed

Godskook
2009-10-18, 10:55 AM
Its my best guess one which forum this goes in.

I don't use iGoogle, but my Dad does, and its not working for him. I've done some websearching and tinkering, but to no avail. The gadgets just aren't loading at all. I'm not particularly familiar with iGoogle's peculiarities, so I'm lost as to what the problem could be. It seems to only be a problem in firefox and not internet exploder, but he prefers firefox and I'm not going to talk him out of the browser I like anyway.

Any ideas?

Don Julio Anejo
2009-10-18, 01:30 PM
IMO you'd be better off asking the in FB (more computer people read it and actually pay attention to the topics).

A few things right off the top of my head:
- What are the privacy settings?
- Are cookies enabled? If not, this could be it - it simply doesn't log you in for long enough to use the gadgets
- Is it set to clear your personal information after you close it?
- Is it an old version of Firefox that hasn't been updated in years?

Godskook
2009-10-18, 01:56 PM
IMO you'd be better off asking the in FB (more computer people read it and actually pay attention to the topics).

If this belongs in FB, and if a moderator could move this then, that'd be great(I think part of the lull was the sunday morning just being sunday morning)

- What are the privacy settings?

Not sure, I'll check. It 'stopped' working, so I suspect that's not the issue, but it helps to be thorough(I'm on my laptop).

- Are cookies enabled? If not, this could be it - it simply doesn't log you in for long enough to use the gadgets

Cookies are fine.

- Is it set to clear your personal information after you close it?

The problem is occurring without closing it, so I wouldn't/couldn't know.

- Is it an old version of Firefox that hasn't been updated in years?

No, the edition is brand-spanking new. 3.5.something. I'm sure because it annoyed him that his favorite add-on softwares didn't work with the newer version.

Godskook
2009-10-19, 10:36 AM
Alright, update. Double-checked the cookies, and they're saving as they should be. Privacy options look fine, not erasing when Mozilla shuts off. Version 3.5.3

For posterity, the problem was him messing around in google-labs without telling me about it. A minute ago, he's like, "Hey man, do you think this has anything to do with it?", and sure enough, it did.