PDA

View Full Version : All Incarnum Campaign (Help)

EdroGrimshell
2009-10-18, 11:50 AM
I need a few incarnum things for a campaign i will be starting in a few months, it has no arcane magic, divine magic is not the normal spell slot style, and psionics is actually a series of feats called "the gift". Incarnum is going to be the most prevalent type of magic in the campaign. It also uses channeling from Dreamscarred Press.

Two races, an incarnum version of the elf and a race related to the skarn and rilkan. I am working on the elf (Azure Elves) and will post them ASAP.

New Incarnum feats. I currently have two completed feats and will post them below.

New solemelds. I am really at a standstill here, i am just stuck when it comes to soulmelds.

Incarnum Racial Sub Levels (i really want to see a shifter totemist sub level). These i will be working on for a while.

And lastly, a few base classes to fill the roles that are now freed up. I am working on one called the soul savant which completely internalizes the power of incarnum without creating soulmelds. All class features and Incarnum feats are the driving force behind these guys.
__________________________________________________ _____________

Incarnum Healing [Incarnum]
You can use incarnum as a conduit for positive energy allowing you to heal wounds.
Prerequisites: Con 13, Healing Soul
Benefits: At the beginning of the day, you can invest essentia into this feat. You can heal wounds (your own or those of others) with a touch equal to a number of point of damage equal to twice your Con bonus x the amount of essentia invested in this feat, you can spread this healing among multiple recipients and multiple healings, you need not spend all of this healing at once. Once the amount of essentia invested is chosen, it cannot be altered and remains invested for 24 hours.
You gain one point of essentia.
Special: This feat can be used to meet the prerequisite for and can benefit from the Azure Touch feat.
Special: A character with access to the Soul chakra can heal a total amount equal to four times his Con mod x the amount of essentia invested in this feat.

Withdraw Essentia [Incarnum]
You can regain some of your spent essentia.
Prerequisites: Any other Incarnum feat
Benefits: Once per day, you can uninvest essentia from an Incarnum feat you possess. Any remaining benefits from the feat are immediately lost.
Special: You can select this feat multiple time, each time you select this feat, you can use this ability one extra time per day.
__________________________________________________ ______________

Barbarian Variant: Totem Soul Barbarian
Skills: Add Concentration, Knowledge (arcana/the planes), and Spellcraft.
Rage: A totem soul barbarian can rage once per day at 1st level, and one additional time per day at 5th level and every five levels thereafter. While raging, a barbarian can make Concentration checks to shape soulmelds albeit at a -4 penalty.
Improved Uncanny Dodge: You don't gain improved uncanny dodge.
Meldshaping: See the table below. The saves against a totem soul barbarian’s soulmelds are determined by his Con score.

Lv Soulmelds Essentia Chakras
1st 0 0 0
2nd 0 0 0
3rd 0 0 0
4th 1 0 0
5th 1 0 0
6th 1 1 0
7th 1 1 0
8th 2 2 1
9th 2 2 1
10th 2 3 1
11th 2 3 1
12th 3 4 1
13th 3 4 2
14th 3 5 2
15th 3 5 2
16th 4 6 2
17th 4 7 3
18th 4 8 3
19th 4 9 3
20th 5 10 3

Chakra Binds:
8th level: Totem
10th level: Crown, Hands, Feet
14th level: Arms, Shoulder, Brow
18th level: Waist, Throat

Soulmelds: At 4th level, a totem soul barbarian has knowledge of 2 soulmelds and learns 1 extra soulmeld every 2 levels thereafter. Totem soul barbarian use the totemist soulmeld list.
__________________________________________________ _______________

Paladin Variant: Spiritualist
Alignment: A spiritualist can have any alignment without a neutral component.
Skills: Add Knowledge (arcana/the planes)
Smite Evil: A spiritualist can smite any creature with an alignment opposing at least one component of his alignment.
Lay on Hands: Good aligned spiritualist gains the normal lay on hands ability. An evil aligned spiritualist instead gains a pool of points they can spend to harm living creatures and heal undead.
Spells: A spiritualist cannot cast spells.
Bonus Feats: At 4th level, a spiritualist gains a bonus Incarnum or Fighter feat.
Meldshaping: See the table below. The saves against a spiritualist’s soulmelds are determined by his Wis score. A spiritualist cannot shape soulmelds with an opposing alignment to their own.

Lv Soulmelds Essentia Chakras
1st 0 0 0
2nd 0 0 0
3rd 0 0 0
4th 1 0 0
5th 1 0 0
6th 1 1 0
7th 1 1 0
8th 2 2 1
9th 2 2 1
10th 2 3 1
11th 2 3 1
12th 3 4 1
13th 3 4 2
14th 3 5 2
15th 3 5 2
16th 4 6 2
17th 4 7 3
18th 4 8 3
19th 4 9 3
20th 5 10 3

Chakra Binds:
8th level: Crown
10th level: Hands, Feet
14th level: Arms, Shoulder, Brow
18th level: Waist, Throat

Soulmelds: At 4th level, a spiritualist has knowledge of 2 soulmelds and learns 1 extra soulmeld every 2 levels thereafter. Spiritualists use the Incarnate and Soulborn soulmeld lists.

This class is one that replaces the soulborn

Godskook
2009-10-18, 12:00 PM
I think the #1 thing is fixing the Soulborn, as every time someone brings up Incarnum around here, I always hear "Totems are awesome, Incarnates are versatile, and Soulborns suxors".

Also, two groups of classes aren't mentioned in your class overhaul, so are worth asking about. Invokers(well, not specifically mentioned, and different enough from other Arcane to be worth separate mention), and ToB classes.

There's also the concern about Bards, Rangers, and Paladins, who aren't 'casters' per se. Are you removing them, or switching them to spell-less variants?

EdroGrimshell
2009-10-18, 12:45 PM
I think the #1 thing is fixing the Soulborn, as every time someone brings up Incarnum around here, I always hear "Totems are awesome, Incarnates are versatile, and Soulborns suxors".

I agree here and am actually using the one that mixes the soulknife and soulborn with some minor tweaking.

Also, two groups of classes aren't mentioned in your class overhaul, so are worth asking about. Invokers(well, not specifically mentioned, and different enough from other Arcane to be worth separate mention), and ToB classes.

Invokers do exist in this world and are at least moderately common. ToB classes are also included, all three are common.

There's also the concern about Bards, Rangers, and Paladins, who aren't 'casters' per se. Are you removing them, or switching them to spell-less variants?

Bards become invokers, rangers use a spell-less variant, and paladins gain an incarnum variant that i already completed.

Indon
2009-10-18, 01:20 PM
Heh, funny.

I'm working on describing a nation of Azurin (called Redstone) for use in a campaign setting, and along with it I'm working out new soulmelds and other mechanics based on that culture.

It may be a while before I'm done and ultimately post it to this site, but here are the two soulmelds I've already done, as well as rules for an Incarnum-oriented Barbarian variant.

Statesman's Robe
For hundreds of years, the people of Redstone have engaged in an energetic democratic process known as the Althing.

By channeling the spirits of Redstone statesman across those years, an Incarnate or Soulborn can evoke a thick, finely-crafted robe about them, which bolsters their ability to engage in discourse - and fight at the same time.

The Statesman's Robe is bound to the Chest or Shoulders, and grants the benefits of the Improved Grapple feat, as well as a +1 Insight bonus to Diplomacy.

For each point of Essentia invested, the Robe increases the Insight bonus to Diplomacy by 1, and increases damage dealt in a grapple by 1.

Bind: Shoulders - The wearer of the robe draws forth great strength, granting them +2 to grapple checks per invested essentia.

Bind: Chest - The wearer of the robe may make a Diplomacy attempt as a swift action with a grappled opponent, at no penalty for being rushed.

Bluesky Mask
The Bluesky Mask is a mask with intricate facial patterns drawn upon it, meant to evoke emotion through channeling the souls of storytellers across the ages. The mask draws out the emotionally rich Redstone language to exceptional levels, allowing a skilled performer to fill an audience with strong emotions.

The Bluesky mask is bound to the crown or throat, and grants a +4 Insight bonus to Perform skill checks involving voice (though all language used must be in the highly emotionally-charged native Redstone tongue, which might affect the ability of the audience to understand what is being said, but does not impair the emotional impact of the performance), as well as allowing a performer to convey simple concepts to an audience through performance (with a Perform DC dictated by the DM), even if they do not share a common language.

Each point of essentia you invest in the Bluesky Mask increases the insight bonus by 2.

Bind: Crown - Once per day per point of invested Essentia, the wearer of the Mask may make a performance with the objective of causing a specific emotion in the people about them. If the performer makes the DC of the perform check, the target or targets are affected by the emotion as if they had the corresponding spell cast upon them, with an effective CL of the meldshaper's level and a save DC dictated by the meld's save DC. This performance is a full-round action.

Fascination: DC 10, Hypnotism
Fear: DC 10, Cause Fear
Courage: DC 10, Remove Fear
Calm: DC 15, Calm Emotions
Anger: DC 15, Rage
Despair: DC 20, Crushing Despair
Hope: DC 20, Good Hope

Bind: Throat - Once per day per point of invested Essentia, the wearer of the Mask may charm one target, as if affected by Charm Monster with an effective CL equal to the Meldshaper level, as a standard action.

Barbarian variant: Soul Totem Barbarian
A barbarian dedicated to the Soul totem does not gain the standard fast movement, uncanny dodge, trap sense, and improved uncanny dodge barbarian class features, and instead gains the following ability.

-At 2nd level, a Soul-totem barbarian gains one point of Essentia, the ability to shape one soulmeld a day from the Totemist list, and access to their Totem chakra, as the Totemist ability, but with no additional Essentia capacity. At levels 8, 14, and 20 the Barbarian gains one additional point of Essentia. The Barbarian's ML is equal to half their Barbarian level.

ErrantX
2009-10-18, 01:46 PM
I agree here and am actually using the one that mixes the soulknife and soulborn with some minor tweaking.

I like your ideas here, I've always felt that incarnum was underrated. I however, would like to see this mix of soulborn and soulknife. Is this something you've written or is this something from somewhere else?

-X

EdroGrimshell
2009-10-18, 03:05 PM
I like your ideas here, I've always felt that incarnum was underrated. I however, would like to see this mix of soulborn and soulknife. Is this something you've written or is this something from somewhere else?

-X

It's somewhere on these boards. I didnt write it personally but it is a very good fix. Just look up soulknife and there's a list of links, the incarnum one is it.

EdroGrimshell
2009-10-18, 05:42 PM
Barbarian variant: Soul Totem Barbarian
A barbarian dedicated to the Soul totem does not gain the standard fast movement, uncanny dodge, trap sense, and improved uncanny dodge barbarian class features, and instead gains the following ability.

-At 2nd level, a Soul-totem barbarian gains one point of Essentia, the ability to shape one soulmeld a day from the Totemist list, and access to their Totem chakra, as the Totemist ability, but with no additional Essentia capacity. At levels 8, 14, and 20 the Barbarian gains one additional point of Essentia. The Barbarian's ML is equal to half their Barbarian level.

Actually, i already have a barbarian variant, now posted in the original post.

Glimbur
2009-10-18, 06:44 PM
Have you thought about what will fill the cleric role? I don't mean just hit point damage, but removing curses and regrowing limbs and raising dead and other spells clerics generally cast. Possibly attach those powers to the Lifebond Vestment?

Violet Octopus
2009-10-18, 06:59 PM
It's somewhere on these boards. I didnt write it personally but it is a very good fix. Just look up soulknife and there's a list of links, the incarnum one is it.

This one by Xallace?
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100035

EdroGrimshell
2009-10-18, 08:43 PM
Have you thought about what will fill the cleric role? I don't mean just hit point damage, but removing curses and regrowing limbs and raising dead and other spells clerics generally cast. Possibly attach those powers to the Lifebond Vestment?

It actually still exists, it's just not vanacian (is that the right spelling?). It is more of a "favor point" system that can be used for boosts, healing, defense, and status cures. i wont go into specifics but lets just say its a lot of spell nerfing and readjusting the spell list using a refillable pool of "Faith".

EdroGrimshell
2009-10-19, 06:43 PM
:bump:

I really would like to see another descendant of the mishtai

Set
2009-10-19, 09:25 PM
My biggest pet peeve with Incarnum is that the Totemist felt like it completely missed the boat.

Dragons have a distinctive unifying theme. Fey, same. Undead, same. Animals, ditto. Outsiders, same. Elementals, same. Even freaking *Aberrations,* have more of a theme than 'Magical Beasts.' It's like they picked the *last* creature type to build the Totemist around. A Dragon-Totemist would be insanely cool. An Undead-Totemist, similarly. Heck, with a sideways squint, a *Plant* Totemist could be kinda cool.

Instead they picked a complete grab-bag type that basically consists of 'critters that didn't count as Animals, cause it had magic stuff going on or was too smart or had a template applied.'

There's a half-dozen fascinating classes *hinted* at there, but we didn't get them. We got House Ex Miscellanea, and I'm just not motivated enough to write up the dozen or so Soulmelds each of these Totemist options would need to be viable.

EdroGrimshell
2009-10-20, 02:14 PM
My biggest pet peeve with Incarnum is that the Totemist felt like it completely missed the boat.

Dragons have a distinctive unifying theme. Fey, same. Undead, same. Animals, ditto. Outsiders, same. Elementals, same. Even freaking *Aberrations,* have more of a theme than 'Magical Beasts.' It's like they picked the *last* creature type to build the Totemist around. A Dragon-Totemist would be insanely cool. An Undead-Totemist, similarly. Heck, with a sideways squint, a *Plant* Totemist could be kinda cool.

Instead they picked a complete grab-bag type that basically consists of 'critters that didn't count as Animals, cause it had magic stuff going on or was too smart or had a template applied.'

There's a half-dozen fascinating classes *hinted* at there, but we didn't get them. We got House Ex Miscellanea, and I'm just not motivated enough to write up the dozen or so Soulmelds each of these Totemist options would need to be viable.

I agree here, how about I work on this idea (i've been working on an undead one and there's the necrolitic on this board already). I will start with some of them immediately

EdroGrimshell
2009-10-21, 06:37 PM
I have a plant based version of the totemist coming along nicely as well as an undead one. i need a name for the plant one but otherwise everything for this extensive project is going well. if anyone has ideas or would like to take one up on his/her own, feel free, just post your intentions ahead of time.

EdroGrimshell
2009-10-24, 03:50 PM
And another bump