PDA

View Full Version : OOTS Book #1 out of print?

Idunyken
2009-10-18, 03:37 PM
Hi, I went to the APEgames site to order all OOTS books but found that Dungeon Crawlin' Fools is no longer listed there. Is it out of print now?

Apologies if this has been asked to death...google searching this forum for info didn't turn anything relevent up (showed me some other interesting stuff tho..i'm gonna like it here I think :smallbiggrin:)

Ancalagon
2009-10-18, 03:49 PM
Errr... tried like... asking someone from APE-games?

The Dark Fiddler
2009-10-18, 03:53 PM
Hmm... going through the side-panel (Shop), and trying to get to the book through there got me an error... weird.

I'm sure it's just that though, an error. I see no reason it wouldn't be printing any more.

Edit: Also, welcome! I hope you do enjoy it here!

Bliu Skye
2009-10-18, 08:16 PM
It is indeed, confirmed by three stores that I've searched. This sucks. I was just about to buy the books too.

The Dark Fiddler
2009-10-18, 08:19 PM
It is indeed, confirmed by three stores that I've searched. This sucks. I was just about to buy the books too.

B-but... I was going to buy them too!

Well, get them for a gift-holiday, since I have no disposable income at the moment, but still!

:smallsigh: Oh well, everything has a reason, I'm sure.

Liwen
2009-10-18, 08:25 PM
This was to be expected. I dunno how long Book one has been published, but aside a few exceptions like the Bible and all time classics, few books well keep selling well enough to be worth printing once 99% of the potential customers have got it. But you can always hope to get it in a garage sale or something. Or maybe when demand will have built up enough, they'll print a few more thousands copies for you guys who just decided to get the books.

Wish you the best of lucks! Having the full collection is totally worth it :smallsmile:

armourer eric
2009-10-18, 09:00 PM
Most are available on ebay at reasonable prices.

Idunyken
2009-10-19, 05:47 AM
Aw man :smallfrown:

I guess i'll have to keep a lookout on Ebay then. I checked there but only the other books are available atm. Amazon has one used copy...£61.70 :smallconfused: not quite that desperate

Thanks for the replies:smallbiggrin:

Katana_Geldar
2009-10-19, 06:02 AM
You may wish to try actual gaming shops that will ship. I know there's a few that would still have them.

Surfing HalfOrc
2009-10-19, 06:30 AM
Paizo.com has it listed as "Backordered." Which means while it's out of stock, they are expecting more...

In the immortal words of Douglas Adams: Don't Panic!

Hardcore
2009-10-19, 12:42 PM
I just got my "Dungeon Crawling Fools" by mail from APE games today. I had ordered a "cratch and dent" book which actually looked no worse than any you could buy in a store!
According to the info on the inside cover it was of the third printing (march 2007). So no worries; they will print more if the run out:)

NerfTW
2009-10-19, 02:02 PM
Indeed. Out of stock does not mean out of print. ApeGames is not a large publishing house, they can't afford to keep thousands of copies in stock at all times. When a book runs out, they'll make more. Usually with an announcement by the Giant on the main page.

Just wait. Or email them and ask if they know when more will be in.

JoseB
2009-10-20, 01:55 AM
Hey, it appears that "Dungeon Crawling Fools" is listed as available in the new website!

Check it out:

http://www.ookoodook.com/store/comics_order-of-the-stick.shtml

Also, it appears that they have made available "dented and scratched" items at a discount. That's very nice! (I usually buy those whenever there is a chance... Most of the time, the "dents and scratches" are unnoticeable, and you can get significant discounts).

So, to the OP and others who were bummed about the unavailability of the very 1st book of the OotS: Rejoice, I guess! :)

The Giant
2009-10-20, 02:14 AM
Hey, it appears that "Dungeon Crawling Fools" is listed as available in the new website!

Check it out:

http://www.ookoodook.com/store/comics_order-of-the-stick.shtml

If you try to put it in your cart, you will find that Dungeon Crawlin' Fools is, indeed, sold out.

We will be trying to reprint it in 2010 some time, so if you can't find it at one of the stores that still has it on their shelf, just sit tight and it will come back around next year, likely in the Spring.

Idunyken
2009-10-20, 10:11 AM
Thanks for the info! I've ordered the rest of your books in the meantime :smallbiggrin:

badam104172
2009-10-20, 11:20 AM
well, it may be out of stock, but sometimes you can get it at the library if you put it on hold. That may be just because everyone in my county is crazy, but you never know.