PDA

View Full Version : [3.5e] Question: Wild Shape Feats

Derjuin
2009-10-18, 04:39 PM
I have a druid that wants to be able to wild shape into magical beasts, but when I checked the SRD, the only feat available was an epic one with required wisdom of 25:smalleek:. When talking to friends, they said there was another similar feat at a lower level, written down in a book called "The Quintessential Druid" (could be vol. I or II). Are these two official books, and if so, has anyone ever seen if there is a lower (perhaps mid-level, say 9 to 11) level feat that allows a druid to wild shape into magical beasts in them?

Milskidasith
2009-10-18, 04:44 PM
You could get Frost Wild Shape and Assume Supernatural Ability to transform into a Cryohydra. Rawr.

tyckspoon
2009-10-18, 04:47 PM
The Quintessential series are third-party books from Mongoose Publishing. That doesn't mean they're bad, but it does require your GM to have a tolerance for non-WotC sources. The closest 'official' ways of acquiring Magical Beast forms are the Frozen Wild Shape feat from Frostburn (magical beasts with Cold subtype, no extraordinary or supernatural abilities), Exalted Wild Shape from Book of Exalted Deeds (a short list of Good Magical Beasts + Celestial template applied to any animal you could normally be), or levels in a class that expands your Wild Shape options, like Master of Many Forms.