PDA

View Full Version : Evil Artificer/Factotum 5: The sky is no longer a limit

shadow_archmagi
2009-10-18, 06:55 PM
AKA: "Oh god I can do ANYTHING. Like... um... uhh... blow up a house! Or... umm... jeez this is worse than when I get to the movie store and suddenly forget what movie it was I wanted!"

So yeah. It's me and a Wizard/Cleric who is a necromancer, focusing on dealing damage and massive hordes.

What to do when you're two gestalt classes that are best for everything? What feats do I take? What equipment do I need? Oh god this is overwhelming.

Lycanthromancer
2009-10-18, 06:56 PM
Dual-wield wands. Lots of low-level battlefield control and area buffs.

Galileo
2009-10-18, 11:03 PM
I'd recommend Font of Inspiration (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/frcc/20070606), because hearing the DM say "You put HOW much Inspiration into Cunning Strike?!" is hilarious.

And forgetting what movie you wanted annoys me too. There's a Blockbusters opposite school, I walk past it every day, but do I remember that I want to get Final Fantasy out when I have money on me?

SurlySeraph
2009-10-18, 11:14 PM
Artificer/Factotum? Congratulations, you are Evil Batman. Evil Batman with magic.

You have Gloves of Storing and multiple Handy Haversacks, and can retrieve exactly the item required for any given situation instantly. You have at least 3 of every mundane item that could ever be potentially useful, including water clocks. As for the magical items that reward creativity, like Immovable Rods, Bottles of Air, Decanters of Endless Water, Portable Holes? You've got lots of those.

You have contingency plans for every situation you can imagine, and can adapt them for the ones you can't imagine. Thinking in big picture terms and ignoring the mundane could lead to a lot of fun with this. ("I made this +4 Humanbane Unholy Sword thinking I might need it to get through Pelor's damage reduction, but it'll work just as well on that paladin." "You... you have a plan to kill Pelor?" "Of course, don't you?")

Draken
2009-10-18, 11:39 PM
Wondrous Pigments would probably be just the thing to you. Forgot a rope? Paint one. Need a ladder? It is right there. Need a door? A pit of lava? A pool of acid? A hole for a trap? It's one stroke of the brush away from you.

If only there was a refilling pot of Wondrous Pigment.

Grumman
2009-10-19, 04:33 AM
If only there was a refilling pot of Wondrous Pigment.
There is: it's an orb that leaks paint, which can be used as Nolzur's Marvelous Pigments once per day. It's in the last Dragon Magazine, #359.

shadow_archmagi
2009-10-20, 06:21 AM
Wow, only five suggestions?

I see my problem is a tricky one.

Jack_Simth
2009-10-20, 06:52 AM
Wow, only five suggestions?

I see my problem is a tricky one.
Well, it's more along the lines of "Font of Inspiration will be that useful". Especially once you hit Cunning Surge (*shudder*).

shadow_archmagi
2009-10-20, 07:51 AM
Well, it's more along the lines of "Font of Inspiration will be that useful". Especially once you hit Cunning Surge (*shudder*).

FoI spam is frowned on by my DM and my own soul.

Draken
2009-10-20, 08:00 AM
Well, you get all those item creation feats. I guess you could combinate factotum class features with some old fashioned wand blasting/sniping? The usual wand feats? One or two FoIs? Craft construct for the eventual iron colossus?

Your class features could probably carry you without a single other feat. I guess. Knock yourself out. Boost your homunculi even.

shadow_archmagi
2009-10-20, 05:52 PM
BTW: Can artificers make psionic items?

Deth Muncher
2009-10-22, 12:06 PM
BTW: Can artificers make psionic items?

Psionic artificers can. And yes, those do exist. They're an alternate version in one of the later Eberron books.