PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy Tactics Advance Community Project

Jokasti
2009-10-18, 09:24 PM
In this thread, we will attempt to create all the races classes in both FFTA and FFTA2 to be played in DnD 3.5.
The base classes will be the ones that all the races can start out with (i.e. White Mage, Soldier, Black Mage, etc.), and the prestige classes will be the ones that require other jobs to get.
Races:Hume:Classes:Soldier, Thief, White Mage, Black Mage, Archer, Paladin, Fighter, Parivir, Ninja, Illusionist, Blue Mage, Hunter, SeerScores:+2 to 2 abilities, -2 to 2 abilities.
Viera:Classes:Fencer, White Mage, Green Mage, Archer, Elementalist, Red Mage, Spellblade, Summoner, Assassin, SniperScores:+4 Dex, +2 Cha, -4 Con, -2 WisOther:Humanoid (Viera)
Medium: As Medium creatures, Viera have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Viera base land speed is 30 feet.
Low-Light Vision: A Viera can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. She retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
Weapon Proficiency: Viera receive the Martial Weapon Proficiency feats for the longsword, rapier, longbow (including composite longbow), and shortbow (including composite shortbow) as bonus feats.
Viera have a +6 racial bonus to listen checks , +2 to Spot, and a +2 racial bonus to hide and move silently checks.
Viera have a +2 racial bonus on all saving throws against spells and spell-like effects
Automatic Languages: Common, Viera.
Nu Mou:Classes:White Mage, Black Mage, Beastmaster, Time Mage, Illusionist, Alchemist, Arcanist, Sage, ScholarScores:+4 Int, +2 Wis, -4 Str, -2 DexOther:Humanoid
Medium: As Medium creatures, Nu Mou have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Nu Mou base land speed is 20 feet.
Wild Empathy (Ex): A Nu Mou can improve the attitude of an animal. This ability functions just like a Diplomacy check to improve the attitude of a person. The Nu Mou rolls 1d20 and adds his hit dice and his Charisma modifier to determine the wild empathy check result. The typical domestic animal has a starting attitude of indifferent, while wild animals are usually unfriendly. To use wild empathy, the Nu Mou and the animal must be able to study each other, which means that they must be within 30 feet of one another under normal visibility conditions. Generally, influencing an animal in this way takes 1 minute, but, as with influencing people, it might take more or less time. The Nu Mou can also use this ability to influence a magical beast with an Intelligence score of 1 or 2, but he takes a -4 penalty on the check.
Nu Mou have a +2 racial bonus to spellcraft and handle animal checks.
Add +1 to the Difficulty Class for all saving throws against evocation spells cast by Nu Mou. This adjustment stacks with those from similar effects.
Automatic Languages: Common, Nu Mou.
Moogle:Classes:Animist, Thief, Black Mage, Moogle Knight, Fusilier, Juggler, Tinker, Time Mage, Chocobo Knight, FlintlockScores:+4 Cha, +2 Int, -4 Wis, -2 StrOther:Humanoid
Small: As a Small creature, a Moogle gains a +1 size bonus to Armor Class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, and a +4 size bonus on Hide checks, but he uses smaller weapons than humans use, and his lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters of those of a Medium character.
Moogle base land speed is 30 feet.
Metalcunning: This ability grants a Moogle a +2 racial bonus on Search checks to notice unusual metalwork, such as sliding walls, metalwork traps, new construction (even when built to match the old), unsafe metal surfaces, shaky metal ceilings, and the like. Something that isn’t metal but that is disguised as metal also counts as unusual metalwork. A Moogle who merely comes within 10 feet of unusual metalwork can make a Search check as if he were actively searching, and a Moogle can use the Search skill to find metalwork traps as a rogue can. A Moogle can also intuit height, sensing his approximate height in a building as naturally as a human can sense which way is up.
Moogles have a +2 racial bonus on appraise, craft(metalwork), and ride checks.
Automatic Languages: Common, Moogle.
Bangaa:Classes:Warrior, White Monk, Dragoon, Defender, Gladiator, Master Monk, Bishop, Templar, Cannoneer, TricksterScores:+4 Str, +2 Con, -4 Cha, -2 Int
Gria:Classes:Hunter, Raptor, Ravager, GeomancerScores:+4 Wis, +2 Dex, -4 Int, -2 ConOther:Humanoid (Draconic)
Medium: As Medium creatures, Gria have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Wing-Aided Movement: Gria can use their wings to help with movement even if they can't fly yet. The extra lift from her wings give the Gria a +10 racial bonus on jump checks.
Gliding (Ex): A Gria can use her wings to glide, negating falling damage from any height and allowing 20 feet of forward travel for every 5 feet of descent. Gria glide at a speed of 40 feet (average maneuverability). Even if a Gria's maneuverability improves, she can't hover while gliding. A Gria can't glide while carrying a medium or heavy load. If a Gria becomes unconscious or helpless while in midair, her wings naturally unfurl and powerful ligaments stiffen the wings. The Gria descends in a tight corkscrew and takes only 1d6 points of falling damage, no matter what the actual distance of the fall.
Flight (Ex): When a Gria reaches 5 Hit Dice, she becomes able to fly at a speed of 40 feet (average maneuverability). A Gria can't fly while carrying a medium or heavy load or while fatigued or exhausted. Gria can fly safely for a number of rounds equal to twice their constitution modifier (minimum 1 round). They can exert themselves to fly for up to twice as long, but then they're fatigued at the end of the flight. Gria are likewise fatigued after spending a total of more than 10 minutes per day flying. Because Gria can glide before, after, and between rounds of actual flight, they can remain aloft for extended periods (even if they can only use flight for 1 round at a time without becoming fatigued). When they reach 10 Hit Dice, Gria have enough stamina and prowess to fly for longer periods. They can fly at a speed of 40 feet (average maneuverability), and flying requires no more effort than walking or running. A Gria with flight can make a dive attack. A dive attack works like a charge, but the Gria must move a minimum of 30 feet and descend at least 10 feet. A Gria can make a dive attack only when wielding a piercing weapon; if the attack hits, it deals double damage. A Gria with flight can use the run action while flying, provided she flies in a straight line.
Gria have a +1 racial bonus on attack and damage rolls against monstrous humanoids and magical beasts.
Gria have a +2 racial bonus on hide, move silently, and survival checks.
Gria base land speed is 30 feet.
Automatic Languages: Common, Draconic.
Seeq:Classes:Berserker, Ranger, Lanista, VikingScores:+4 Con, +2 Str, -4 Dex, -2 ChaOther:Humanoid
Medium: As Medium creatures, Seeq have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Seeq base land speed is 30 feet.
Scent (Ex): A Seeq can detect opponents by scent within 30 feet. If the opponent is upwind, the range increases to 60 feet; if downwind, it drops to 15 feet. Strong scents, such as smoke or rotting garbage, can be detected at twice the ranges noted above. Overpowering scents, such as skunk musk or troglodyte stench, can be detected at triple normal range. When a Seeq detects a scent, the exact location of the source is not revealed - only its presence somewhere within range. The Seeq can take a move action to note the direction of the scent. Whenever the Seeq comes within 5 feet of the source, the Seeq pinpoints the source’s location.
Weapon Proficiency: Seeq receive the Martial Weapon Proficiency feats for the handaxe, battleaxe, greataxe, and shortbow (including composite shortbow) as bonus feats.
Seeq have a +2 racial bonus to saves against poison and to saves against traps, as well as anything related to fear.
Automatic Languages: Common, Seeq.

Classes:Soldier:
Thief:
White Mage:
Black Mage:
Archer:
Paladin:
Fighter:
Parivir:
Ninja:
Illusionist:
Blue Mage:
Hunter:
Seer:
Warrior:
White Monk:
Dragoon:
Defender:
Gladiator:
Master Monk:
Bishop:
Templar:
Cannoneer:
Trickster:
Beastmaster:
Time Mage:
Alchemist:
Arcanist:
Sage:
Scholar:
Fencer:
Green Mage:
Elementalist:
Red Mage:
Spellblade:
Summoner:
Assassin:
Sniper:
Animist:
Moogle Knight:
Fusilier:
Juggler:
Tinker:
Chocobo Knight:
Flintlock:
Berserker:
Ranger:
Lanista:
Viking:
Raptor:
Ravager:
Geomancer:

I'm thinking no XP penalties, but other than that, go wild!

Hadrian_Emrys
2009-10-18, 09:28 PM
I am horrified by the idea of a system with a FFT theme that does NOT include king Delita running the show.

Jokasti
2009-10-18, 09:40 PM
This isn't really a specific campaign, it's more like replacing the classes and races. So, you could play a campaign where he does run everything, or you could run one where there is a democracy.
And it's not FFT, it's FFTA :smallbiggrin:

jokey665
2009-10-18, 09:50 PM
I've actually already homebrewed my own versions of all the races except hume, and Soldier and Defender, though both classes also draw a few abilities from other classes (especially defender drawing from paladin). I already have Bangaa (http://dungeons.wikia.com/wiki/Bangaa_(3.5e_Race)), the Soldier (http://dungeons.wikia.com/wiki/Soldier_(3.5e_Class)), and the Defender (http://dungeons.wikia.com/wiki/Defender_(3.5e_Class)) on the d&d wikia.

Jokasti
2009-10-18, 10:02 PM
The Bangaa's not bad. I like your use of almost all the ability score, penalty or bonus. I'll incorporate that.

Jokasti
2009-10-18, 10:13 PM
Updated Racial Ability Scores.

jokey665
2009-10-18, 10:20 PM
I'll post what I've got for the other races so far.

Viera
Viera
+2 Dexterity, +2 Charisma, -2 Constitution.
Humanoid (Viera)
Medium: As Medium creatures, Viera have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Viera base land speed is 30 feet.
Low-Light Vision: A Viera can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. She retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
Weapon Proficiency: Viera receive the Martial Weapon Proficiency feats for the longsword, rapier, longbow (including composite longbow), and shortbow (including composite shortbow) as bonus feats.
Viera have a +6 racial bonus to spot and listen checks and a +2 racial bonus to hide and move silently checks.
Viera have a +2 racial bonus on all saving throws against spells and spell-like effects
Automatic Languages: Common, Viera.
Favored Class:

Nu Mou
Nu Mou
+2 Intelligence, +2 Wisdom, -2 Strength, -2 Dexterity.
Humanoid
Medium: As Medium creatures, Nu Mou have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Nu Mou base land speed is 30 feet.
Wild Empathy (Ex): A Nu Mou can improve the attitude of an animal. This ability functions just like a Diplomacy check to improve the attitude of a person. The Nu Mou rolls 1d20 and adds his hit dice and his Charisma modifier to determine the wild empathy check result. The typical domestic animal has a starting attitude of indifferent, while wild animals are usually unfriendly. To use wild empathy, the Nu Mou and the animal must be able to study each other, which means that they must be within 30 feet of one another under normal visibility conditions. Generally, influencing an animal in this way takes 1 minute, but, as with influencing people, it might take more or less time. The Nu Mou can also use this ability to influence a magical beast with an Intelligence score of 1 or 2, but he takes a -4 penalty on the check.
Nu Mou have a +2 racial bonus to spellcraft and handle animal checks.
Add +1 to the Difficulty Class for all saving throws against evocation spells cast by Nu Mou. This adjustment stacks with those from similar effects.
Automatic Languages: Common, Nu Mou.
Favored Class:

Seeq
Seeq
+2 Strength, +4 Constitution, -2 Dexterity, -2 Intelligence, -2 Charisma.
Humanoid
Medium: As Medium creatures, Seeq have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Seeq base land speed is 30 feet.
Scent (Ex): A Seeq can detect opponents by scent within 30 feet. If the opponent is upwind, the range increases to 60 feet; if downwind, it drops to 15 feet. Strong scents, such as smoke or rotting garbage, can be detected at twice the ranges noted above. Overpowering scents, such as skunk musk or troglodyte stench, can be detected at triple normal range. When a Seeq detects a scent, the exact location of the source is not revealed - only its presence somewhere within range. The Seeq can take a move action to note the direction of the scent. Whenever the Seeq comes within 5 feet of the source, the Seeq pinpoints the source’s location.
Weapon Proficiency: Seeq receive the Martial Weapon Proficiency feats for the handaxe, battleaxe, greataxe, and shortbow (including composite shortbow) as bonus feats.
Seeq have a +2 racial bonus to saves against poison and to saves against traps.
Automatic Languages: Common, Seeq.
Favored Class:

Moogle
Moogle
+2 Intelligence, +2 Charisma, -2 Strength, -2 Constitution
Humanoid
Small: As a Small creature, a Moogle gains a +1 size bonus to Armor Class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, and a +4 size bonus on Hide checks, but he uses smaller weapons than humans use, and his lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters of those of a Medium character.
Moogle base land speed is 30 feet.
Metalcunning: This ability grants a Moogle a +2 racial bonus on Search checks to notice unusual metalwork, such as sliding walls, metalwork traps, new construction (even when built to match the old), unsafe metal surfaces, shaky metal ceilings, and the like. Something that isn’t metal but that is disguised as metal also counts as unusual metalwork. A Moogle who merely comes within 10 feet of unusual metalwork can make a Search check as if he were actively searching, and a Moogle can use the Search skill to find metalwork traps as a rogue can. A Moogle can also intuit height, sensing his approximate height in a building as naturally as a human can sense which way is up.
Moogles have a +2 racial bonus on appraise, craft, and ride checks.
Automatic Languages: Common, Moogle.
Favored Class:

Gria
Gria
+2 Dexterity, -2 Strength.
Humanoid (Draconic)
Medium: As Medium creatures, Gria have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Wing-Aided Movement: Gria can use their wings to help with movement even if they can't fly yet. The extra lift from her wings give the Gria a +10 racial bonus on jump checks.
Gliding (Ex): A Gria can use her wings to glide, negating falling damage from any height and allowing 20 feet of forward travel for every 5 feet of descent. Gria glide at a speed of 40 feet (average maneuverability). Even if a Gria's maneuverability improves, she can't hover while gliding. A Gria can't glide while carrying a medium or heavy load. If a Gria becomes unconscious or helpless while in midair, her wings naturally unfurl and powerful ligaments stiffen the wings. The Gria descends in a tight corkscrew and takes only 1d6 points of falling damage, no matter what the actual distance of the fall.
Flight (Ex): When a Gria reaches 5 Hit Dice, she becomes able to fly at a speed of 40 feet (average maneuverability). A Gria can't fly while carrying a medium or heavy load or while fatigued or exhausted. Gria can fly safely for a number of rounds equal to twice their constitution modifier (minimum 1 round). They can exert themselves to fly for up to twice as long, but then they're fatigued at the end of the flight. Gria are likewise fatigued after spending a total of more than 10 minutes per day flying. Because Gria can glide before, after, and between rounds of actual flight, they can remain aloft for extended periods (even if they can only use flight for 1 round at a time without becoming fatigued). When they reach 10 Hit Dice, Gria have enough stamina and prowess to fly for longer periods. They can fly at a speed of 40 feet (average maneuverability), and flying requires no more effort than walking or running. A Gria with flight can make a dive attack. A dive attack works like a charge, but the Gria must move a minimum of 30 feet and descend at least 10 feet. A Gria can make a dive attack only when wielding a piercing weapon; if the attack hits, it deals double damage. A Gria with flight can use the run action while flying, provided she flies in a straight line.
Gria have a +1 racial bonus on attack and damage rolls against monstrous humanoids and magical beasts.
Gria have a +2 racial bonus on hide, move silently, and survival checks.
Gria base land speed is 30 feet.
Automatic Languages: Common, Draconic.
Favored Class:

Jokasti
2009-10-18, 10:33 PM
I like most of that, but I think the ability scores I have are more balanced.
Some things to think about:
-NuMou Base Land Speed should be 25 feet.
-Moogle's bonus to craft checks should be craft(metalwork).
-Viera's bonus to Spot should be +2 to balance the +6 to Listen
-Seeq's should have +2 to fear saving throws.
Everything else looks good.
What say you?

jokey665
2009-10-18, 10:46 PM
I like most of that, but I think the ability scores I have are more balanced.
Some things to think about:
-NuMou Base Land Speed should be 25 feet.
-Moogle's bonus to craft checks should be craft(metalwork).
-Viera's bonus to Spot should be +2 to balance the +6 to Listen
-Seeq's should have +2 to fear saving throws.
Everything else looks good.
What say you?

Yeah I can pretty much agree to all of that, the only thing is that 25 base speed is a little... odd. It might be better to just knock it down to 20 to fit the standard a bit better. /shrug more of a personal preference thing than anything else.

Jokasti
2009-10-18, 10:49 PM
Makes sense. They are pretty slow :)

Real Sorceror
2009-10-19, 02:10 AM
Oh wow. I fricken love Tactics Advance. I'd love to help with this project, but I'm pretty tapped right now with my Pokemon d20 project. I did find a very nicely done generic FF system on another forum. They also have a free PDF.
It doesn't even have half of the classes that FFTA does, but hopefully it will help you guys out. :smallwink:

Final Fantasy d20 (http://ffd20.orgfree.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=2&sid=9c49be7bd88610f3d148275466ba773e)

sidhe_blooded
2009-10-19, 02:08 PM
I don't really like the +4/-4 on the stats, typically a player will choose classes and the like that will make the most of an ability boost and (with the exception of something like constitution) for the most part ignore their penalty.

also a -4 to con for the viera is really harsh, if you use the normal elite spread (which are pretty crappy scores to be sure, but a not entirely bad way to run the acid test) then it's impossible for a viera to start with a con score that grants a bonus. I know they aren't stand-toe-to-toe-with-the-dragon types, but they do have a few melee classes and with a -4 to their con score there'll be survivability issues.

sticking with +2/-2 would make things work better I think.