PDA

View Full Version : TNA Bound for Glory

Vic_Sage
2009-10-18, 10:22 PM
Wow......wow.....wow.....****ING WOW I AM SO ****ING GLAD I SPENT THE MONEY TO WATCH THIS! My first PPV I've actually spent money on and it was not a letdown in the slightest. The Ultimate X match was hotfire and thankfully Daniels is okay after that fall and I'm looking forward to Red's run with the belt, the Knockout's tag match while short was decent *Making it the worst match of the night*, the Tag Team Match was pure fire. The Legends Title three way was awesome and EY gave us a nice swerve and the World Elite is on their way to becoming the new dominant stable .My god was Steiner on fire in this match and goddamn was he entertaining. Everyone in that match gave it their all and I can't wait to see Magnus & Williams start defending the Tag Titles.

The Knockouts title match was great but some blown camera work not catching Tara having a scuffle with a fan marred some parts of it but the finish was beautiful with ODB *Someone I usually don't like* hitting a cutter on Kong as a reversal to a Awesome Bomb onto a steel chair, miss Said better watch out. And I'm going to channel Joey Styles circa original ECW here, OH MY GOD! Was the Steel Asylum match full of some insane spots. Abyss going through the ramp, going onto the barbed wire, meeting a barbed wire bat head on, and the double underhook DDT onto the Barbwire was great, though Dave Penzer ****ed up big time the ending sequence with Daffney getting chokeslammed from the turnbuckle to the outside onto the barbwire table, Stevie getting blackhole slammed onto the takes, and Mick eating a chokeslam back onto the barbwire. The Joe vs Lashley Submission Match was good but a WTF ending kept it from being great. Which is saying something because I absolutely hated Lashley's matches in the WWE.

Angle vs Morgan......man, just man was this just an awesome match and Morgan totally surprised me. Dave Meltzer makes a good observation about the Kurt Angle-Matt Morgan match. He pointed out how the crowd was booing the hell out of Morgan throughout the match, and afterwards Angle shook his hand and they played Morgan's music he got cheered loudly.
Blueprint got put over tonight and showed he can hang in high profile matches. This match is a great example of the term "telling a story" means as it pertains to wrestling. The guy they wanted to get over *Morgan*, got over but didn't have to win to do it. that is a very basic and very old school booking tool. Remember this one next time somebody insults TNA's booking.

AJ Styles vs Sting certainly didn't disappoint. While it may not have been as flashy as some of the other matches it was solid, but it was Sting and AJ, what do you expect? And thankfully the right man won this match. The best thing about this PPV though is that basically signaled a changing of the guard and the new Generation finally taking over. Five out of Five freaking stars.