PDA

View Full Version : Force Weapon (3.5)

Kumori
2009-10-19, 05:59 AM
I'm looking for either a weapon that does force damage or a magical modification that I can put into a weapon to cause it to deal force damage. Does such a thing exist (if yes, where?), or will it have to be homebrewed?

Edit: Just realized I forgot to say v3.5. Noted it thread title too.

PhoenixRivers
2009-10-19, 06:03 AM
MIC has a bow/crossbow enchant that does it.

CompPsi has a PsyWar power that does it.

Prime32
2009-10-19, 06:37 AM
There's also a soulmeld in Magic of Incarnum which gives your attacks the Force descriptor.

Leon
2009-10-19, 07:55 AM
Arms and Equipment Guide (a V3.0 Book but still good)

Force, ads +1d6 of Force Damage and a chance to Dispel effects that a created from Force such as Mage armour/Shields etc
Its a +3 Enhancement

Draken
2009-10-19, 08:08 AM
MIC has an enchantment modeled after the flaming enchant and others, for force I believe, it is +1 and deals 1d4 damage.

There is the blade of force Reserve feat, but t requires spellcasting. I particularly like to take it on duskblades, allowing an unsed Clenched Fist to fuel it for +5 damage (higher levels).

Magnor Criol
2009-10-19, 10:53 AM
Draken's correct. MIC's ability functions exactly as the Frost or Flaming properties, except it deals force damage, and drops a die size to compensate (since force damage is stronger than other energy damage types.)

There's also a corresponding burst property.

AstralFire
2009-10-19, 10:55 AM
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ask/20061227a

If you're an archer, anyway.

Foryn Gilnith
2009-10-19, 10:56 AM
MIC/EPH: Psychokinetic: +1d4 force damage, +1 bonus
MIC: Force: converts ranged projectile damage into force damage, +2 bonus
Complete Mage: Blade of Force: Reserve feat; if you have a spare [force] spell prepared or known, you can shoot force darts.

That's all I know of; nothing that hasn't been mentioned already.

Draken
2009-10-19, 11:06 AM
Blade of Force envelops your melee weapon in a force effect that adds damage equal to your highest level force spell avaiable to use. There is a second reserve feat based on force, Force Needles, that allows you to shoot darts of force at a range.

sofawall
2009-10-19, 01:03 PM
Riverine Weapon.

EDIT: Doesn't do Force damage, but is made of force.

Moriato
2009-10-19, 01:31 PM
There is a weapon property that turns a ranged weapon's projectile into a force attack. I cannot for the life of me remember where it is, but it does exist.

I'm pretty sure, at least, that it's only for ranged weapons. I wish I could remember what book it's out of, but at least I can tell you that it does exist.

Edit:

MIC: Force: converts ranged projectile damage into force damage, +2 bonus

Duh, that's the one I'm thinking of. Does exactly what it sounds like. Bow or sling or whatever does the same damage die as ever, but it's force instead of a normal projectile.

Deth Muncher
2009-10-19, 02:39 PM
There's also a spell by the name of Decastave which SHOULD be in the Forgotten Realms books, if I recall, which literally creates a quarterstaff of force. Not entirely pertinent to the topic, but I figured I'd bring it up since we're on the subject of force weapons.

Kumori
2009-10-19, 04:59 PM
Thanks everyone, for your help.

daken201
2009-10-19, 05:30 PM
the kotari out of the fiend follio have the reasin weapons that deal force damage. just summon one and make them make one for you.....then run like hell if they get the whole tribe pissed at you

deuxhero
2009-10-19, 05:45 PM
Arms and Equipment Guide (a V3.0 Book but still good)

Force, ads +1d6 of Force Damage and a chance to Dispel effects that a created from Force such as Mage armour/Shields etc
Its a +3 Enhancement

This was published for 3.5 internet article I think it added only 1d4 (could be 1d6 though) force damage with a chance to dispell any force effects (e.g., bracers of armor, wall of force). The artical is better known as the source of an infinite quiver magic item.

sofawall
2009-10-19, 06:24 PM
the kotari out of the fiend follio have the reasin weapons that deal force damage. just summon one and make them make one for you.....then run like hell if they get the whole tribe pissed at you

Kaorti, the weapons with the *4 crit multiplier? Since when are they force? Have I just not read it thoroughly enough?

Cieyrin
2009-10-19, 07:13 PM
Kaorti, the weapons with the *4 crit multiplier? Since when are they force? Have I just not read it thoroughly enough?

No, you're thinking right. The article (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/re/20031014a) in question says nothing about them changing the damage type or making them a force attack.

Leon
2009-10-19, 10:23 PM
This was published for 3.5 internet article I think it added only 1d4 (could be 1d6 though) force damage with a chance to dispell any force effects (e.g., bracers of armor, wall of force). The artical is better known as the source of an infinite quiver magic item.

Its in Arms and Equipment - i have the book and its in the Weapon enhancement section

PhoenixRivers
2009-10-20, 01:11 AM
Psychokinetic weapon is based on the psychokinetic Psionic enhancement.

Person_Man
2009-10-20, 09:37 AM
Homebrew solution (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92407)?

sambo.
2009-10-20, 10:11 AM
back in yee olde dayes of 1ed there was this thing called a Wand Of Force.

one of it's modes of operation was as a Force Sword which functioned as a +5 Bastard Sword of smexshyness.