PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder/Paizo Adventure Question

Avaril
2009-10-19, 01:20 PM
Hi all! First post here. Nice place ya'll got.

I was hoping someone could explain Paizo's product lineup to me. My group and I are 3.5 players in our own homebrew kingdom, and recently made the jump to Pathfinder. We are very impressed with Paizo's products. We have an ongoing game with rotating DM's, and usually plan and run our own games.

But, since we like Paizo so much, it seemed like a good idea to get a few of their adventures, in case a DM is out, or there's a lull between sessions. A visit to the Paizo store resulted in utter confusion, though. What we really need is one-shot adventures that we can easily drop into our world. Level flexibility would be ideal, as our current characters are level 4, and expected to go all the way to level 20.

Could someone more familiar with Paizo and Pathfinder please explain the following?:
1) What is Pathfinder Society (I assume like RPGA)? It seems like Pathfinder Companion is part of that?
2) Are the adventure paths scenarios linked with the Pathfinder Society?
3) It looks like 'Pathfinder Modules' are what we need. Am I right? Are they level specific? Do they sell the PDF's by themselves, or do you have to get the paper copy as well?
4) Any suggestions from anyone who has played a Pathfinder Module?

Thanks for the help!