PDA

View Full Version : Encounter Help!

barteem
2009-10-19, 03:23 PM
Ok, I'm making some adjustments to our gaming world. I'm going from old school 2E/3.5E hybrid with lots of house rules to a brand new Pathfinder system (not RAW) with new house rules as we need them.

With that said, I'm interested in coming up with some interesting encounters for our future gaming sessions using the new fairly straight forward rules.

Our first game session I did the following.

1.) Arms in the mud.
A muddy narrows that must be crossed. Zombies are buried below and when the PCs cross the zombies animate and attempt to pull the PCs down. DC checks are rolled to not get pulled prone at the beginning of the surprise round and failure will find the PC completely submerged in 3 rounds if they don't do 10 HP damage to the grasping arms, on their turn, stand up, and then finish running across (After rolling another DC or get grasped and pulled down again) on their next turn.

2.) Bloody Altar.
Hill top altar has a fresh body on it and lots and lots of ghouls feeding on corpses all around it. PC's engage the ghouls. Every Ghoul that dies is replaced by another ghoul that clambers out of the ground.
Only making it through the ghouls and removing the body from the altar can stop the continuous respawning of these undead.

3.) Tentacles of Doom.
Tentacled horror attacking villagers on a beach. Typical attack style but with one twist. Tentacles will grapple and do crushing damage, but if crushing victim does a considerable amount of damage to the crushing tentacle, it quits crushing and tosses the victim out to sea forcing the victim to make several swim checks to get back in rough wave action (Poor full plate warrior)

Anyway, this is the kind of stuff I'm looking for.
Suggestions are greatly appreciated!