PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] How does the monk's Unarmed Strike function with a Kobold's natural weapons?

Pika...
2009-10-19, 03:35 PM
How does the monk's Unarmed Strike ability function, if at all, with a Kobold's three natural weapons?

I was just seeing the Kobold Ninja/Rogue thread below, and it got be thinking of an interesting build.

How exactly does this work?

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-10-19, 03:38 PM
You should either make unarmed strikes at the monk unarmed damage, or natural attacks. Some readings of the way natural attacks interact with weapon attacks lead to the interpretation that you can make unarmed strikes followed by attacks with your natural weapons.

Eldariel
2009-10-19, 03:38 PM
Unarmed Strike can be done with any part of the body. As such, a Kobold with UA Strike could take full natural attack array and UA Strike in the same turn. Better have Shadowblade and Weapon Finesse though if you want anything out of those; your Str isn't going to shine.

Sinfire Titan
2009-10-19, 03:41 PM
You should either make unarmed strikes at the monk unarmed damage, or natural attacks. Some readings of the way natural attacks interact with weapon attacks lead to the interpretation that you can make unarmed strikes followed by attacks with your natural weapons.

That's not an interpretation, that's how it works. Read FC2's entry on Bel. His attack block is fairly large.

RagnaroksChosen
2009-10-19, 04:01 PM
yeppers... you can make all your unarmed attacks followed by your NA's though your NA's have your full bab-5 as there attack rolls.

To me makes kobold ninja monks deadly at low levels.
around 4-ish...

swift action to invis then flurry for 0/0 and bite for -3/-3/-3

Multiattack would make them all 0's

Still with a dex of 14

5 attacks that give SA is nice.

Once you can proc asthetic stalker it gets better

Otodetu
2009-10-19, 04:46 PM
Hmmm, looked at the half dragon's natural weapon entry:

"Full AttackA half-dragon fighting without weapons uses both claws and its bite when making a full attack. If armed with a weapon, it usually uses the weapon as its primary attack and its bite as a natural secondary attack. If it has a hand free, it uses a claw as an additional natural secondary attack. "

So by raw a creature with the bite and 2x claw attack routine can indeed flurry and then perform all its natural attacks at a -5 penalty.

{Technicolor nonsense scrubbed}

SoD
2009-10-19, 05:47 PM
Hmmm, looked at the half dragon's natural weapon entry:

"Full AttackA half-dragon fighting without weapons uses both claws and its bite when making a full attack. If armed with a weapon, it usually uses the weapon as its primary attack and its bite as a natural secondary attack. If it has a hand free, it uses a claw as an additional natural secondary attack. "

So by raw a creature with the bite and 2x claw attack routine can indeed flurry and then perform all its natural attacks at a -5 penalty.

That is...trippy. What did I put in my coffee? Also...google is claiming that this page is in Romanian...

BishFish
2009-11-18, 03:03 PM
I think it would make most sense if you combined the two things.
currently, my DM won't allow a player to combine their punching daggers with stunning fist, but natural wapons would probably work with that too.