PDA

View Full Version : best things you did in scribblenauts?

thefinalbattle
2009-10-19, 04:28 PM
i don't have any yet, but that shouldn't stop you.

The Dark Fiddler
2009-10-19, 05:12 PM
I summoned AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs and proceeded to set it up the bomb.

Inhuman Bot
2009-10-19, 08:29 PM
Just saying. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125015&page=7)

Crossblade
2009-10-20, 10:58 PM
Only played the first and second world.

In the terrorist level, after they blew up the tank; I summoned a zombie in hopes it would kill the terrorists. Unfortunately I ended up with more zombies.
Stupid zombie terrorists.
I then thought "What would Bush do?" (Note: I'm Canadian)
I then dropped a Nuke on the zombie terrorists... but this killed me as well.

In the birthday party level, after shooting the pinata with a gun and being bored how easily that solved the level, I reloaded and set explosives around the pinata, then fired a bazooka at it. Blew a hole in the floor, killed the birthday boy, but opened the pinata. :smallbiggrin:

Lycan 01
2009-10-20, 11:18 PM
My best friend and I had been discussing this game over the phone. Shortly after our conversation ended, he calls me back. Apparently, he'd been chatting with a friend of his online, and his friend was bragging about how he'd just gotten Scribblenauts. My best friend, taking a page out of my book, decides on a whim to give him a piece of advice. "Type in Cthulhu," he suggests.

Hilarity ensued.

Comet
2009-10-21, 03:51 AM
Blob versus Longcat. Or, in other words, an unstoppable force meeting an unbreakable obstacle.
I then set up Ceiling Cat to watch the fight. And added a cluster of planets to the sky to look like some sort of magic symbol.

I had to cut that fight short with a black hole because it was taking so darn long.

thefinalbattle
2009-10-21, 02:16 PM
say, what does cthulu look like in it?
(note: do not include pictures)

Lycan 01
2009-10-21, 05:14 PM
He looks like Cthulhu. :smallbiggrin:

Albiet a bity chibi, IIRC. :smallconfused: I saw a short video of it on youtube, and he looked kinda scrawny and cartoony. But then again, I think that was the point...

The friend who typed in Cthulhu thought it was cool at first. Then he started to freak out, especially when the shotgun didn't work. Finally he began to panick when the missiles, zombies, and sharks had no effect, either. According to the friend, Cthulhu not only survived a nuke, but he even beat God. But he'd lost so much health from it all that Jesus was able to kill him in the end.

The friend was not too happy with my best buddy afterwards. :smallamused:

Inhuman Bot
2009-10-21, 05:28 PM

Albiet a bity chibi, IIRC. :smallconfused: I saw a short video of it on youtube, and he looked kinda scrawny and cartoony. But then again, I think that was the point...

The friend who typed in Cthulhu thought it was cool at first. Then he started to freak out, especially when the shotgun didn't work. Finally he began to panick when the missiles, zombies, and sharks had no effect, either. According to the friend, Cthulhu not only survived a nuke, but he even beat God. But he'd lost so much health from it all that Jesus was able to kill him in the end.

Cthulu gets beaten by dragons and longcats, though. Look at the other scribblenauts thread I linked.

My best friend and I had been discussing this game over the phone. Shortly after our conversation ended, he calls me back. Apparently, he'd been chatting with a friend of his online, and his friend was bragging about how he'd just gotten Scribblenauts. My best friend, taking a page out of my book, decides on a whim to give him a piece of advice. "Type in Cthulhu," he suggests.

Hilarity ensued.

One of my brother's friends got scribblenauts, and we were messing around and typed in Cthulhu as well.

I felt witty until this. (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/969-Scribblenauts) :smalltongue:

Ziren
2009-10-21, 05:32 PM

He exegerated. Nothing survives the nuke in this game. And god should be able to beat Cthulhu with his normal attack (He will lose if you give him a weapon, though).

Lycan 01
2009-10-21, 06:56 PM
Ah, well, I wouldn't know. I don't have the game, so I couldn't check it myself. :smalltongue:

Inhuman Bot
2009-10-21, 07:57 PM
He exegerated. Nothing survives the nuke in this game.

Not even Nuke shelters. (!?)

Crossblade
2009-10-21, 09:00 PM
He exegerated. Nothing survives the nuke in this game. And god should be able to beat Cthulhu with his normal attack (He will lose if you give him a weapon, though).

Furthermore, "Jesus" does not work in the game. "God" does, but "Jesus" does not.

Mewtarthio
2009-10-21, 09:53 PM
Not even Nuke shelters. (!?)

Well, in real life, I wouldn't expect a nuke shelter to survive a nuclear explosion. I imagine it's partly to protect from fallout, and partly psychological.

Stormthorn
2009-10-21, 11:56 PM

Zeus beats Cthuhlu.

So does Death/Hades

But a Superhero with Excalibur beats Death.

Gralamin
2009-10-22, 12:26 AM
I'm working on using a vent to make a perpetual motion machine. If I could just manage to securely ground the rope, and set up a proper parabolic arc, I could start launching bombs at enemies from safely across the stage. :smallbiggrin:

thefinalbattle
2009-10-22, 05:15 PM
herbs... book... diamonds... REVIVAL!

thefinalbattle
2009-10-22, 07:02 PM
raise dead!

Foryn Gilnith
2009-10-22, 07:42 PM
After 5 hours and 3 hours respectively, you're trying to "revive" the thread?
:smallsigh:

thefinalbattle
2009-10-22, 07:49 PM
gee, patience is really boring.

Flarowon
2009-10-22, 08:53 PM
It takes three Cthulhus to kill one kraken.

thefinalbattle
2009-10-25, 03:58 PM
true resurrection!

DarknessLord
2009-10-25, 04:25 PM
I rode Cthulhu.

Inhuman Bot
2009-10-25, 08:08 PM
true resurrection!

Your starting to get to spamming levels..

ondonaflash
2009-10-25, 10:42 PM
Worth Checking Out (http://g4tv.com/games/ds/61774/scribblenauts/review/)

Darkcomet
2009-10-27, 06:20 PM
*pooookes head into thread*

Allow me to provide some exposition.

There is something you can spawn called the Autocannon. I don't know if that's the proper word or just a synonym as I'm too lazy to check. The point is, it spews cannonballs. The only problem is that it has almost no range whatsoever.

I have overcome this weakness.

A common trick I use in levels where you have to get someone/something from point A to point B is to airlift them by tying them to [insert flying thingy here] with a rope/chain/tether.

While I was playing around in Playground Mode, I got the idea to spawn God, give him a railgun, and tie him to an airplane and fly around killing things. It was nice, but God's surprisingly mortal after I gave him one too many enemies.

...so I spawned an autocannon, activated it, and tied it to the airplane.

IT IS GLORIOUS.