PDA

View Full Version : [ACRO] Taverna Generica 23: In vino veritas

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

happyturtle
2009-10-19, 04:34 PM
Taverna Generica

"Θα θέλατε ένα ποτό;"
TAVERNA: Teh Acronym's Victoriously Extraordinary Realm of Nice Alcohol Yes, The is not normally included. Hence, "teh"
or
PUB: Place of Uberous Bavardage Credit for that to Blue Umbrella for that particular Acronym

Please do not update this thread if it goes past 50 unless you have express permission to do so.

Reasoning for this thread: Townies complained that ACRONYM players and characters were intruding, destroying their plots, and generally making a nuisance of themselves. This thread (and perhaps others that may follow in its vain) are by no means trying to replace town, but are trying to offer ACRONYM players the chance to show their characters off in a non-ACRONYM base environment. In the same way, we are in no way saying that because this thread is here, it will stop ACRONYM players from using the Town. We also remind Townies that we are not saying you cannot post here. Yet, we dissuade you from doing so.

Before you stands a stout, heavy building, constructed from dark, grey stones, with crossbeams latticing neatly across the foundation, up to the heavy wooden, and thatched, roof above. An inn sign hangs outside, eroded by age, the image undecipherable, the name withered: TAVERNA GENERICA.
On the front door, someone, seeming recently, has inscribed the words Enjoy your time! Someone has also hung a sign, offering ACRONYMers work in the bar, permanently, though, in reality, you'll have to work your way up.
The tavern is in walking distance from any Acronym organisations, and other major Acronym landmarks, such as Freedom Glades (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100185) (where the portal to Town currently is). This, I stress most heavily, is not to be abused so you can run amok. It is so characters with no teleport capabilities can come to the inn. Yes, it makes no sense, considering that the organisations are miles apart, in some cases, even further, with environmental hazards, etc. It just is. Should I receive complaints that this is being abused, this shall be edited away.

Inside, there is a large bar area, capable of seating at least one hundred people, with tables, big and heavy, and dark red leather chairs, aged yet comfy, littered about in a disorganised style. Old, oil paintings, of landscapes and battles, are hung randomly about the place, and a roaring fire constantly blazes to one side, nicely illuminating the baby grand piano, and well-worn dartboard. Shuttered windows look out onto the streets outside. Behind the bar, an assortment of NPCs man the bar, all middle-aged, pot-bellied men, with bad body odour, and too much stubble and wart issues. The occasional good-time girl (legal), and, recently, boy (legal) (working as a bar wench/manwench) also serves as a bar(wo)man at times, many are rather too old or ugly to be of much use to the refined ACRONYMer, though. And, still further behind them, are the drinks, many hundreds of thousands of them, ranging from the mundane, to the mystic. From the bar, one can also buy typical bar foodstuffs, like pork scratchings, and dragon-flavoured nuts and kettle chips. One can also order proper food, in dizzying variety, from the kitchen, at rather high prices. By the bar, a sign reads "No Wanton Telepathy or Reality-Warping, Please.". The only regular barmaid/hostess/front-of-house is Yasmin Lewis (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5425975&postcount=75). Beside the bar is a noticeboard, currently displaying an advert (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5961357&postcount=1426) for the nearby time and dimesional travel service, Time Tours, a posh flyer for Restaurant Enchanté (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101576) and a simple note for Professional Services (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5724307&postcount=22).
Behind the bar is a large kitchen area, designed to cater for large functions, staffed by unnamed NPC slaves and servants. The technology in the kitchen has been imported from another dimension, there are incinerators, ovens, microwaves, and fridges, unlike the typical level of technology in this dimensional quadrant.

Beneath the kitchen and bar area, accessible through a hidden staircase, lies the gigantic, mysterious wine cellar, filled with ancient drinks, and age-old graffiti, filled with dust, and the occasional pair (or more) making hot nookie beside the bottles, barrels, fine clarets, pure Chardonnays, vintage burgundies, and other fine wines...
Above the bar and kitchen, for three floors up, lie rooms, varying in taste and decor, available as homes, and as places to stay the night. There are NPC cleaners who circulate among the rooms every few days or so, to clean up after the notoriously dirty ACRONYMers.
There's a small stables outside, where horses, ponies, and smaller mounts can be stored, and the NPC stableboys are perfectly capable of sending larger mounts and vehicles to other, larger, holding places off-site, when required to. A hire service working from the stables can send off for rentable mounts, but there is an NPC heavy warhorse stored there, by the name of Cookie, created by Kaela, who can be rented for dramatic entrances, and the like, for a much more modest price.

The only spells on the inn are ones that prevent alcohol from being watered down, and another that stops the entire inn being destroyed. Portals, and teleports, are perfectly allowed within, though frowned upon if they appear in places where they're not wanted.

IC Rules are as follows:
1. No listening to unhappy songs during happy hour!
2. No killing the staff.
3. No vandalism.
4. No thieving!
5. Not so much a rule, but we'd like to remind customers that we retain the right to refuse and kill customers, and no responsibility can be taken on our part if you're evicted, injured, or killed, by Taverna employees.
6. No drug use.
7. No food and drink brought in from other establishments is to be consumed here without staff permission.
Breaking of the rules may earn ACRONYMers banning from the tavern, or a fine. Or, in certain cases, other ACRONYMers, or NPC policemen and bounty hunters, may be employed to hunt down the nasty, nasty people who broked the rules.

OOC Rules are as follows:
1. No controlling the NPCs to do anything that would be considered unlike them to do. You're permitted to make them serve your character(s) a drink, but no, let's say, make them get drunk and burn the place down. Of course, you could always make it clear your character is mind-controlling them into doing such as thing, for example, but you cannot make them do anything out of the ordinary, and make it seem as if they were doing it out of their own free will. I control the NPCs when I'm online and active here.
2. No destroying the place, or doing something to it that'll produce a similar effect (for example, no placing a massive time freeze on the entire area forever). You're allowed to damage it, but destroying it just takes the fun out of it for all the other players.
3. No godmoding/godmodding. Even if it's permitted in some ACRONYMs, it isn't in others, and therefore shall not be allowed in the taverna. The occasional mishap's OK, repeated offence isn't.
4. Players are allowed to make NPCs speak in whatever tone, colour, and font they so choose, though, in keeping with pre-established tradition, the female NPCs normally speak in orange, the males in gray. If I, the thread runner, am not online, NPCs can be played by anyone.
5. Please try and keep posts longer than one or two lines of speech. Description is appreciated. One-or-two-liners that don't do much are OK once in a while - but not regularly.
6. If you want random smashy hahaN00BlulzFun, here's not the place. Anything spammy, random, or just plain annoying, can go! Of course, if your silliness is in moderation and well-roleplayed, and considerate of other players, then welcome in.
Repeated rule violaters (in nearly all circumstances OOC, but perhaps IC), can be punished by being IC banned from the thread. And therefore OOC banned to, under threat of mod being called to remove you for breaking thread rules.
Any other rules can be submitted by PM, and can be considered. Please bear in mind that the rules of this thread may update. Alerts that updates have been made will be made clear on the rest of the thread.

SeptAngel
2009-10-19, 04:38 PM
Mercedes orders a drink, watching the rest of the taverna.

McBish
2009-10-19, 04:39 PM
From upstairs a man comes down, he is still wearing only a overly large pair of pants held up by some suspenders. He talks to the bartender seems to be asking where he might buy some clothes. The bruises that cover his body seem to be fading a bit.

Earl of Purple
2009-10-19, 04:42 PM
Mophosithilies the bebilith orders a Dretch, and has that delivered to his corner. It takes 3 burly waiter/bouncers to manhandle the minor demon to where the spider-demon awaits its prey. Mercedes may note that. Or she may note the disgusting sucking noise as the bebilith drinks his meal.

SeptAngel
2009-10-19, 04:44 PM
Her drink comes to her table while she sees the man come downstairs.

McBish
2009-10-19, 04:48 PM
The man talks to the bartender some more before he starts to play with his belly button and pulls out a gumball sized orb, which he opens and takes a small gem from it exchanging it with the bartender for some coins which he puts into his pocket. The gumball orb goes back to where ever he pulled it from.

SeptAngel
2009-10-19, 04:49 PM
Mercedes eyebrow goes way up at that. There's something she'd never seen before.

Earl of Purple
2009-10-19, 04:51 PM
The man may note a breeze coming from just behind his head, accompanied by a low buzzing hum. Anybody able to see invisible creatures will see a purple fly-headed thing using dragonfly wings to hover with a scorpion's tail looped over its back.

The bebilith is continuing to make disgusting noises as it drains the dretch of its body fluids.

McBish
2009-10-19, 04:52 PM
The man smiles and heads for the door. Besides the fact that he is heavily bruised, there are also a couple of scars, one large one on his back, and one large one on his chest just below his heart.

Earl of Purple
2009-10-19, 05:00 PM
The quasit flies up to the rafters, where he Deadtimes.

The bebilith finishes drinking the dretch-juices and also Deadtimes.

DoomITP
2009-10-19, 05:24 PM
Mercedes eyebrow goes way up at that. There's something she'd never seen before.

What's up?

Says a familiar face with his strange sly grin.

SeptAngel
2009-10-19, 05:26 PM
Nothing. You? She turns to him with a smirk.

DoomITP
2009-10-19, 05:30 PM
Nothing of note...

SeptAngel
2009-10-19, 05:30 PM
What brings you here? She offers him a seat.

DoomITP
2009-10-19, 05:33 PM
Grant sits down in the offered seat.

Need to get my mind off all the chaos, drama and idiocy going on in HALO.

SeptAngel
2009-10-19, 05:35 PM
That's what you get for going to a base like that. She shrugs, sipping her drink.

DoomITP
2009-10-19, 05:36 PM
Well, you learn to love it after awhile, or at the very least be able to tolerate it most of the time.

SeptAngel
2009-10-19, 05:38 PM
Tolerate or torture? She smirks at him.

DoomITP
2009-10-19, 05:40 PM
At the moment it was torture...

He grins.

celtois
2009-10-19, 05:41 PM
don't have that long but I'm, here for now.

Lady butterfly steps from the way..in a cloud of butterflies, which quickly reform into a human shape. She is very beautiful. With flowing black hair. And a dress that is all colours of the rainbow like a butterflies wings. She sits at a nearby table...

SeptAngel
2009-10-19, 05:44 PM
She laughs and nods. I'm sure. Drink?

DoomITP
2009-10-19, 05:46 PM
The strongest stuff they can sell you here...

SeptAngel
2009-10-19, 05:50 PM
She orders two DLB's. That bad, huh?

DoomITP
2009-10-19, 05:51 PM
Grant drains the bottle in one drink.

You have no idea.

SeptAngel
2009-10-19, 05:53 PM
She tells the waiter to keep them coming and another is placed in front of him. Just drama or something more happening?

DoomITP
2009-10-19, 05:55 PM
Grant drains that one too.

Yeah, and people are left under my care, all the idiocy going on at once is gonna drive me insane. And I was uptight and stressed to begin with.

SeptAngel
2009-10-19, 05:56 PM
Why should you be responsible for people?

DoomITP
2009-10-19, 06:07 PM
Because I'm the most awesome and best looking member of the team.

He grins.

SeptAngel
2009-10-19, 06:10 PM
Careful you might start to sound like me.

DoomITP
Who knows, I might be correct.

Darkcomet
Altara undeadtimes, looking around and spotting Mercedes. She quickly stands up and starts walking toward the door, trying to look as if she isn't fleeing.

SeptAngel
2009-10-19, 06:14 PM
Since I'm not there you stand a chance... Seeing Altara she growls under her breath.

DoomITP
2009-10-19, 06:14 PM
Glad ya think so.

McBish
2009-10-19, 06:17 PM
Altara might run into a man no longer wearing oversized pants. He is now wearing a nice three piece suit and a hat, which he tips to her as he comes inside. Mercedes might recgonize him as the man who pulled out gems from his belly button. He seems to be in much better shape then he was before.

Darkcomet
2009-10-19, 06:22 PM
Altara's path is obstructed by the guy that just came in. Oh noes. "Excuse me, but I have to get out of here before someone tries to kill me."

McBish
2009-10-19, 06:25 PM
Geoff smiles and steps aside. Of course, I can understand that. He heads for the bar wondering who would want to kill Altara, though the odd aura of annoyance might have something to do with it.

SeptAngel
2009-10-19, 06:25 PM
Mercedes steps out of a shadow nearby Altara. Would I do something like that? She evil smirk appears across her face.

Darkcomet
2009-10-19, 06:27 PM
"I'd wager yes."

Altara tries to run out of the Taverna. Mercedes will probably get in the way, though...

SeptAngel
2009-10-19, 06:28 PM
Then don't run... She appears in front of her, mostly wanting to give her a scare. You seem to be all talk when insulting people.

celtois
2009-10-19, 06:28 PM
Lady butterfly watches the exchange with interest... but doesn't interfere, yet.

McBish
2009-10-19, 06:30 PM
Geoff nods to himself, ah two women fighting, best to stay out of that. Especially if the one is a shadowcaster, which seems to be the case. He sits at the bar.

Darkcomet
2009-10-19, 06:32 PM
Then don't run... She appears in front of her, mostly wanting to give her a scare. You seem to be all talk when insulting people.

Altara's escape is blocked again. Oh noes. "Consider it bitterness for all that gods have done to me. Now get out of the way." She doesn't seem particularly afraid. Probably just wants to avoid a fight for now.

SeptAngel
2009-10-19, 06:36 PM
Here's the thing. I believe you owe me an apology since I did not lay a finger on you and you just went around accusing. She's pretty calm and cool.

Darkcomet
2009-10-19, 06:39 PM
"And what good would that do you? It's not like you'd care about the words of someone you innately despise. Going to try and stab me in the back after I leave?" Altara neglects to mention that it would do little good. She likes having some surprises in store.

SeptAngel
2009-10-19, 06:50 PM
You seem to be the one who has a problem with me. She smirks, keeping in the way. You know nothing about me.

((Sorry work caught up on me for a moment.))

celtois
2009-10-19, 06:56 PM
Alexis is sitting at the booth and sipping away at her drink from earlier.

Darkcomet
2009-10-19, 06:57 PM
Altara doesn't seem to be backing down either. Wonder where this is going to lead... "I know what you are. Or part of it, at least-and you seemed hostile first as I explained a few things to the drow. It was fairly easy for me to jump to the same conclusion that's been the correct one all too many times. Now... I'm sure the one thing we can agree on is that neither of us wants to deal with the other again, so let me leave and let's stay out of each other's business, shall we?"

SeptAngel
2009-10-19, 07:00 PM
See that's what happens when you assume things. You spoke horribly about gods. How do you know you didn't just hurt my feelings? It's clear that wasn't the case though. You might want to keep in mind that people around here are different. A simple pixie could tear your eyes out. Just because I'm a goddess doesn't mean I have any intent to harm you unless I'm provoked.

Darkcomet
2009-10-19, 07:07 PM
"As I recall it, all I said was that they always despise me and are ridiculously common. Those don't strike me as particularly 'horrible'. So if you're going to deny that innate hatred of me, prove it and stand aside." It seems to be Altara's turn to smirk.

SeptAngel
2009-10-19, 07:11 PM
You provoked the hatred. I could have cared less about you until you opened that horrid mouth of yours.

Darkcomet
2009-10-19, 07:15 PM
Altara sighs. "Haven't I explained this already? Seems to be just as I've said-a divine being could never place any value on my words. You claim otherwise, and yet you have just proven it."

SeptAngel
2009-10-19, 07:19 PM
I told you, all I wanted was an apology for you assuming I'm like every other god you've met... Maybe surprising to her, Mercedes walks away with her back to Altara.

The Bushranger
2009-10-19, 07:19 PM
Eileen undeadtimes, and looks in the direction of the argument.

Moff Chumley
2009-10-19, 07:22 PM
The Moff undeadtimes, stumbling down from his apartment with what, to the untrained observer, looks like a hangover. Taking a seat at the bar, he says very quietly, Mornin, friends. Can you give me a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster, a large tank of coffee, and a basket of fried ogre eyeballs, please?

celtois
Alexis ignores the argument for now content to let them deal with it themselves.. Unless they start to fight of course.

McBish
Geoff is also paying attention to it, without staring because that would be rude and dangerous.

Darkcomet
2009-10-19, 07:32 PM
Altara, confused, decides to venture a (correct) guess as to Mercedes' lack of violence, glancing over her shoulder at the departing demi-goddess. "...you're not a full goddess, are you?"

SeptAngel
2009-10-19, 07:36 PM
Nope... She doesn't look back to her, maybe half expecting an attack from the other woman.

Darkcomet
2009-10-19, 07:38 PM
"Explains a lot." Altara is now just standing beside the door (where it won't hit her when it's opened, of course). Probably because the immediate danger is gone but she doesn't want to get cut off again.

The Bushranger
2009-10-19, 07:41 PM
"Pity," Eileen says, to Alexis but loud enough for both Altara and Mercedes to hear. "I was about to start placing bets."

celtois
2009-10-19, 07:43 PM
Well, I was going to say, If one is a demi goddess she probably would have won. Alexis grins Hardly a fair fight

Falgorn
2009-10-19, 07:44 PM
*scribble scribble scribble*

That's Cornelius, the man from before, writing stuff down!

Reinholdt
2009-10-19, 07:45 PM
Speaking of palpable the one that surrounds the nymph that entires is practically visible. Except it's more of a scent anyways. That's what the pheromones that say "Lust after me" do anyways. Her natural beauty probably doesn't help with that in any way.

Irene steps into the tavern, ignoring the two people in her way and stepping around them to take a seat at an empty table and cast her gaze around the tavern.

SeptAngel
2009-10-19, 07:47 PM
And what exactly does it explain? She turns to her, glaring.

McBish
2009-10-19, 07:48 PM
Geoff the man in a new 3 piece suit definitely notices the pheromones and looks over at Irene raising an eye brow as if trying to place something in his mind.

celtois
2009-10-19, 07:48 PM
She may notice the gaze of a certain lady butterfly drawn to her. A few phantom butterflies slowly fly towards her. She smiles at Irene. She's thinking about how she's glad to see another spirit of nature around here.

Darkcomet
2009-10-19, 07:51 PM
And what exactly does it explain? She turns to her, glaring.

Altara shrugs, unfazed by the glare. "Mostly how you didn't outright attack me the moment you had an excuse. Didn't mean anything by it."

But she does cast an irritated glance at Alexis and Eileen.

Reinholdt
2009-10-19, 07:52 PM
"Oh hello butterflies. What brings you to inside a tavern of all places? Rather dingy for creatures like you, no?" Irene smirks. No one here knew her. Oh well. She'll make do, she's sure.

celtois
2009-10-19, 07:55 PM
The butterflies hover around her curiously. One eventually trying to land on her arm. *Lady butterfly gives Irene a shy wave.* She is an absolutely gorgeous women with flowing black hair, a perfect body and a lovely dress that shimmers all the colours of a butterflies wings.

SeptAngel
It's not who I am. Though if Eileen isn't careful... :smalltongue:

The Bushranger
Eileen smirks back at Altara, paying Irene no never-mind.
"Very true," she answers Alexis with a nod. "Although she might be able to at least make it interesting."

Falgorn
2009-10-19, 07:57 PM
Cornelius blinks, finding himself in an interesting place indeed. Butterflies, nymphs, and a person he doesn't like, for some reason. Oh my!
More writing.

celtois
2009-10-19, 07:58 PM
Could have been fun to watch, but I suppose if we want a show we'd have to pay for it. Alexis smirks shortly thereafter she sniffs the air curiously, and slowly finds her gaze drawn to Irene.

Reinholdt
2009-10-19, 07:58 PM
"Oh. Not exactly a butterfly. Hi. Have a name? And still haven't told me what you're doing here." Irene doesn't wave back. It is on her arm after all.

One of BR's characters ignoring something that's remotely sexual/sensual? Calublufiok doesn't have to end the world. It has already happened.

McBish
2009-10-19, 07:59 PM
Geoff tears his eyes away from the nymph and looks around at everyone else in the room for the first time. There seems to be a large amount of beautiful women here, which causes him to smile. But he does glance at the man writing so furiously wondering what is up with him.

celtois
2009-10-19, 08:02 PM
The butterfly looks up at her curiously before tickling her arm with it's legs..

Lady butterfly approaches slowly. They call me Lady butterfly. I'm here for the same reason my butterflies are curiosity. Her voice is soft and sonorous, making what she's saying sound much more sensual then it should.

Reinholdt
2009-10-19, 08:05 PM
"Curiosity is important. One's learning never ends." She takes a sip from her red wine.

Darkcomet
2009-10-19, 08:08 PM
Altara doesn't respond to Mercedes again, feeling that was enough. She does raise an eyebrow at 'Irene', but otherwise seems unaffected by the nymphomones. "Sometimes I wonder if I'm even truly cursed at all..." She seems to be aware of what said nymphomones are supposed to do, though...

The Bushranger
2009-10-19, 08:09 PM
Hey, Eileen's already had a night of drunken debauchery with another girl. :smalltongue:

"Maybe you're thinking about a different kind of show than I am," Eileen laughs, and decides to order dinner, a steak sounds good to her.

celtois
2009-10-19, 08:12 PM
Maybe I am. Though maybe I'm not. Alexis winks at Elieen. Before turning to the issue of her own rumbling belly. She orders an rare steak... all that wonderful blood for her new cravings..

Yeah... you drink red wine too? She smiles shyly before taking a seat beside Irene. The butterflies continue to hover.. twirling around the air around Irene's head

SeptAngel
2009-10-19, 08:13 PM
Mercedes eyes flick to Irene. Nymphs were never really her thing though.

Reinholdt
2009-10-19, 08:14 PM
"It's pretty much the only thing I ever order from here. Of course, I barely finish a glass. Just sip it for the taste." I don't think she's ever even drunk enough to get tipsy.

"You don't just drink nectar or something?"

McBish
2009-10-19, 08:14 PM
Geoff settles back and wonders if he can pull of the pheromone trick, he decides against it. He had only ever been able to attract woodland animals, probably wouldn't help much here and might end up get him eaten by a bear.

celtois
2009-10-19, 08:17 PM
I do... but here all I've had is red wine. Can't say I've ever finished a glass of it myself. She raises her eyes slightly.. a slight smile playing across her face before dropping them again shyly.

Falgorn
2009-10-19, 08:17 PM
Cornelius keeps on writing, ordering a beer. Wow, that man can write fast!

Reinholdt
2009-10-19, 08:19 PM
"I see." Irene swishes her glass a bit before taking another sip.

"So tell me Lady Butterfly. What are you? Some sort of goddess of butterflies?" Is she flirting or simply being inquisitive?

The Bushranger
2009-10-19, 08:20 PM
Eileen chuckles and winks back. "Maybe you're thinking about both?" She leans back in her chair, folding her hands behind her head and looking vaguely thoughtful - and now the food arrives!

SeptAngel
2009-10-19, 08:22 PM
Mercedes makes her way back to the bar eying the writer and the man from before.

McBish
2009-10-19, 08:22 PM
Geoff turns and pulls out a coin from his pocket and starts to make it appear and disappear in his hands using sleight of hand.

celtois
2009-10-19, 08:23 PM
I'm a nature spirit, I suppose goddess is one term for it. As I am the queen of the butterflies. I'd really rather not talk about it though. She's blushing slightly at the idea of being called a goddess again..

Well maybe that too. Alexis shrugs... then sits back to wait for her food.

Lord Magtok
2009-10-19, 08:25 PM
Magtok appears. Not to actually do or say anything about "Irene", just to let her know he's watching the Taverna. He's always watching the Taverna.

Reinholdt
2009-10-19, 08:25 PM
"Very well." Irene says cooly, letting the conversation drop.

Her eyes roam the tavern again real quickly. The people in here have not gone unnoticed, if somewhat ignored.

"What would you prefer to talk about?"

Irene winks at... the hidden camera. Not Magtok. But the camera. One of them anyways.
She knows.
Lady Butterfly may think she's winking at her.

The Bushranger
2009-10-19, 08:27 PM
Eileen chuckles, and digs in to her food as Alexis' arrives - and as her player gets kicked off for a few hours.

celtois
2009-10-19, 08:27 PM
Why don't you tell me about yourself? She raises her gaze slightly , just enough to make eye contact which is she makes she holds for a few seconds before dropping her eyes once again.

SeptAngel
2009-10-19, 08:31 PM
Mercedes sees Magtok and shakes her head laughing. Figures I'd see you. I think they met like once in Enu.

McBish
2009-10-19, 08:31 PM
Geoff puts away his coin and heads over to a table of NPC's who were sitting around talking. Geoff asks to join them and sits down talking for awhile before starting up a drinking game with them, playing for money. He teaches them the game and starts to play, doing extremely well, and even though he is buying the drinks he is still making money, and the men seem to be enjoying themselves not minding the fact that they are losing.

Reinholdt
2009-10-19, 08:32 PM
"Not much to tell really. I like nature, walks, red wine, etcetera. I wasn't always a nymph, but was turned into one by this book. Can't say I want to go back, so I just stuck around like this. Took me a while to get used to all the nymphly things though. Before that, there isn't much to say."

Irene pauses, smiling. Is she smiling at a second hidden Magtok camera? No... surely that must be coincidence. She's just smiling at Lady Butterfly.

"And you?"

Lord Magtok
2009-10-19, 08:36 PM
Magtok blinks, his focus having been entirely on Calublufiok at the time that he was addressed.

What? Oh hey, it's...

Shoot, Magtok's awful with names. Maybe if he does a quick search through Taverna records he can find a name. Oh, there we go! Magtok smiles on the inside, those surveillance networks never did cease being useful.

Mercedes, right? From Enupnion?

That last question's just a random guess. From what I recall, Mercedes spent a lot of time in that temple, and Magtok tended to ignore most of the romance crowd, and quietly despised the godling crowd even more.

celtois
2009-10-19, 08:36 PM
There isn't much to say. She's certainly blushing now, whether from the smile or the question is still unknown. I like my butterflies, nature, meeting other nature spirits.. Her face seems to get a bit redder at the last comment. ......and flying

Reinholdt
2009-10-19, 08:40 PM
"Flying? I can imagine so. Does sound like fun after all." Alas, it appears the nymph has no wings with which to fly with. How sad.

celtois
2009-10-19, 08:42 PM
It doesn't appear lady butterfly does either... :smalltongue: I'm sure there is a story behind that.

Yeah it is... maybe if you want you could come with me sometime. She looks up and smiles, trying to make eye contact.

SeptAngel
2009-10-19, 08:43 PM
I'm pretty sure they ran into each other once with Sszy stuff or something. She knows his reputation though. I guess you could say that. I'm a version of that one. Causing trouble here? She asks with a smirk.

Reinholdt
2009-10-19, 08:44 PM
"Oh? I'd like that if I were able to..."
Irene pouts.
And sips some of her wine, no doubt to comfort herself.

celtois
2009-10-19, 08:45 PM
I meant I could.... carry you. Her cheeks are turning even more red... and she drops her eyes very quickly breaking the eye contact.

Reinholdt
2009-10-19, 08:48 PM
"Carry me?" Irene leans down a bit so she's more face level.

"No offense intended, but aren't you a bit too small and me a tad too heavy?"

celtois
2009-10-19, 08:49 PM
You'd be surprised. A somewhat sly smile crosses her lips.

Reinholdt
2009-10-19, 08:50 PM
"Alright then..." Irene grins back.

"Show me. Should we step Outside?"

McBish
2009-10-19, 08:50 PM
Geoff finishes his drinking game and the NPC's leave surprisingly happy for all the money they have lost. Geoff is surprisingly sober for the amount he has drank, he counts his money and then tucks it away into a pocket.

celtois
2009-10-19, 08:52 PM
Sure... You going to have to hold my hand though... She offers said hand.. nervously.. before going outside.

Lord Magtok
2009-10-19, 08:53 PM
Getting my shiny chromes claws into everything from following bunnies down rabbit holes, monster hunting, and letting some demon in disguise come in here, sweep some clueless butterfly woman off her feet, and leave her to the fate she's sown.

Magtok grins. It doesn't matter if it's probably going to result in death. To his fractured mind, anything even vaguely resembling a one-night stand or some other form of promiscuity is a capital offense.

Reinholdt
2009-10-19, 08:55 PM
Irene accepts Lady Butterfly's hand and follows her lead Outside.

SeptAngel
2009-10-19, 08:57 PM
She laughs and shakes her head. Felt something fishy about that woman. Though I didn't think you would have a part in that. What's so important about butterfly-girl anyway?

Lord Magtok
2009-10-19, 09:01 PM
Magtok shrugs.

Oh, nothing. I don't even know who that is. But anyone willing to go out and fly around with the demon two minutes after meeting and stuff is getting what they're meant to.

McBish
2009-10-19, 09:02 PM
Geoff orders a plate of deep fried cheese curds. Mmmm... tasty.

Darkcomet
2009-10-19, 09:05 PM
Altara raises an eyebrow when she hears Magtok describe 'Irene' as 'demon in disguise' and such. She makes a note to investigate that, and heads out of the Taverna.

SeptAngel
2009-10-19, 09:09 PM
True. She nods, sipping her drink. Demons get so boring anymore though.

McBish
2009-10-19, 09:25 PM
Geoff enjoys his food paid for with the money he one tonight.

Ashen Lilies
2009-10-19, 09:26 PM
Clunk. Clunk. Clunk. Clunk.

Clawed boots step heavily into the Taverna, much to the dismay of the cleaners, who stare gloomily at the scratches and scuffles the boots leave in the finely polished wooden floor.
A sword, tall almost as a man and half as wide, drags its point along the floor, leaving a deep scoring that no amount of elbow grease shall ever remove.
The armor is old, cracked and tarnished, dented from countless battles and blackened from dragon fire.
The cape is ripped and stained.
The visor, dragon-shaped, is closed over an ancient face, scarred from hundreds of thousands of battles with the foul drakes.
The sword goes up, and down, sinking about an inch into the wood. A woman faints.
The man* settles into rigidity as an exclamation mark appears over his head.
"Stay a while and listen..."
A quest! A quest!

*He looks sort of like this (http://www.uslanmam.com/uyeler/mxtspi-166539/album/adventure-quest-worlds-2683/galanoth-13971.gif), except a lot older and more battleworn.

Reinholdt
2009-10-19, 09:31 PM
Vincent is drawn into the tavern for a quest like moth to a flame.

"Oh! Oh! Pick me! Pick me! Lvl. 27 tank LFG."

He walks up to the man with the exclamation mark and then proceeds to click him repeatedly. This translates into many pokings by the pre-teen elf.

Moff Chumley
2009-10-19, 09:34 PM
Myessss? At the prospect of money, the Moff appears out of the woodwork.

celtois
2009-10-19, 09:37 PM
Xavier sits nearby and listens to the man as he talks.. A quest means money and other such shinies something he wouldn't mind in the slightest

Ashen Lilies
2009-10-19, 09:41 PM
Which prompts the man to launch immediately into his introductory monologue.
"Greetings Hero. I am Cailanoth, High Dragonslayer of the land. It pleases me to see new heroes such as you. I am old and frail, but I will assist you in any way I can."

A box appears above his head.

Talk.
Quest!
Trade.
Leave.

celtois
2009-10-19, 09:43 PM
Actually ...

Xavier saunters over.. and presses the top button. Might as well ask about a reward first before he commits to anything.

Ashen Lilies
2009-10-19, 09:45 PM
Introduction.
Dragons!?
Gossip.
Back.

Reinholdt
2009-10-19, 09:46 PM
Vincent presses the third button. He wants to see what the old man has to offer in terms of items first.

celtois
2009-10-19, 09:46 PM
Useless. Xavier mutters as he presses the back button. Knowing my luck there will be no reward. He presses the quest button upon returning to the first menu.

Ashen Lilies
2009-10-19, 09:55 PM
Vincent:

A large trade window of high-level dragonslaying items pops up. The general trend is:

Damage: Whoah!
Bonuses: Only against Dragons.
Min Lvl. Have fun grinding!
Cost: Don't bother.

Xavier:
Aww.... Xavier doesn't want to catch up on the latest gossip? :smallfrown:
See OOC thread.

((Deadtime))

Reinholdt
2009-10-19, 09:56 PM
"Typical."
Vincent goes back, and goes to Talk. Followed by Introduction.

Ashen Lilies
2009-10-19, 09:59 PM
Which prompts the man to launch immediately into his introductory monologue.
"Greetings Hero. I am Cailanoth, High Dragonslayer of the land. It pleases me to see new heroes such as you. I am old and frail, but I will assist you in any way I can."

As for the Quests Menu...

The Proving Grounds
A Test of Skill
My First Dragon!
An Urgent Message
A Vile Beast

Deadtime for real.

Reinholdt
2009-10-19, 10:01 PM
Vincent hits Gossip followed by Dragons!? presuming Gossip doesn't open up new windows.

Ashen Lilies
2009-10-19, 10:24 PM
((I have 20 minutes or so))

Gossip:
"I heard of a man defeating a dragon by collapsing a mountain on it. I'm not sure if I believe that, but the idea behind it shows true Dragonslayer spirit..."

Dragons!?
"The nastiest creatures on the planet. Large, winged, and vile, every single one of them. I've made it my life's mission to eradicate them, and I've never failed... With one exception..."

Reinholdt
2009-10-19, 10:26 PM
Now getting a good idea of what this might entail, Vincent goes to Quests and clicks: The Proving Grounds.

celtois
2009-10-19, 10:27 PM
Xavier sighs... and listens to the proving grounds.. It didn't sound like this was the sort of job he was going to get paid for.

Ashen Lilies
2009-10-19, 10:38 PM
"So you want to be a Dragonslayer? I don't blame you. It's a rewarding lifestyle, full of treasure, risk and hot babes. But it takes more than spunk to join our ranks. Go to the Proving Grounds in the East, and we will see if you have what it takes..."

Bing! There's a new item in their quest journal!

The Proving Grounds
Go to the Proving Grounds to acquire your task.

Reinholdt
2009-10-19, 10:39 PM
Vincent scurries off to the east without even checking his mini-map as if his life depended on it.

celtois
2009-10-19, 10:41 PM
Xavier sighs... yet again. This wasn't going to be the best of days. Well hopefully ones of these dragons had a nice horde. He heads off to the proving grounds.

The Bushranger
2009-10-19, 11:09 PM
Eileen eyes the 'dragonslayer' with bored curiosity...and not a small amount of veiled disgust.

celtois
2009-10-19, 11:10 PM
Alexis is eating her steak... she seems to be enjoying the blood.. more then she cares to admit.

The Bushranger
2009-10-19, 11:16 PM
Eileen sighs, having finished her steak, and shakes her head.
"How much you wanna bet those 'dragonslayers' are going to go try and kill the wrong kind of dragon?"

celtois
2009-10-19, 11:19 PM
She looks up her lips covered in blood. They probably have already killed plenty of nice dragons. They just do what they want to. She licks her lips... in a very sexy fashion.. Mmmh

The Bushranger
2009-10-19, 11:27 PM
Eileen raises an eyebrow, but can't help but watch. :smalltongue:
"That's kinda my point. They just go out there and if it's flying and scaly, they kill it." She sighs. "I knew some dragons, metallics, before, and they were the most wonderful people you could ever have to meet." And then she changes the subject a little, chuckling, and winks. "I see one thing you need to work on first in your new life is table manners."

celtois
2009-10-19, 11:29 PM
They do tend to be a touch racist in that regard. She gives her an innocent look. My table manners? There's nothing wrong with them, except that you find them interesting. She winks.

McBish
2009-10-19, 11:32 PM
Geoff looks over at the two women with a bit of interest but in the end turns away feeling a bit drunk.

The Bushranger
2009-10-19, 11:36 PM
"Touché." Eileen laughs. "It's just that in most places, advertisng what you are by getting the contents of a steak that's still mooing is a good way to get a stake that tastes rather wooden. I guess here isn't as bad that way, though."

celtois
2009-10-19, 11:38 PM
... Your right. I just find it a little hard to control at times. Alexis blushes slightly.. Another thing I need to work on.

The Bushranger
2009-10-19, 11:46 PM
"Well, I'm not sure how much I can help there, but I will if I can." Eileen then gets a thoughtful look - before she starts chuckling.

celtois
2009-10-19, 11:48 PM
Alexis smiles. What's so funny about the idea?

The Bushranger
2009-10-19, 11:54 PM
Eileen shakes her head. "That's not it. It's just I thought how funny we'll probably look - a favoured soul and a vampire, team up to watch each others' backs, and fight crime..."

celtois
2009-10-19, 11:56 PM
Yeah... it is a little bit ridiculous isn't it. She sighs softly. People aren't that fond of vampires.

McBish
2009-10-19, 11:57 PM
Geoff gets up swaying only a little bit as he stumbles upstairs to his room.

The Bushranger
2009-10-20, 12:02 AM
"Well, you have to admit that there's usually a good reason for that. They're not known for being cute and cuddly."
Or sparkly...
"But you're different. It'll probably be difficult at times, but I'll be around to help, alright?"

bamf!
A sheet of Teleporting Note Paper appears on the table in front of Alexis!

celtois
2009-10-20, 12:04 AM
Yeah thank you lets hope this all works out. What.. what's this.. She picks up the sheet of paper and starts to read it.

The Bushranger
2009-10-20, 12:09 AM
The note is in Dani's handwriting.
Dear Lexie:

I don't know what's happened to you, but I still love you. I don't want you to leave because you're scared of Sam or anything else. Can you come back so we talk? Or I could meet you somewhere? Please?

Danielle

"You're welcome." Eileen nods, smiling, then eyes the note curiously. "What is it?"

((Deadtime next post))

celtois
2009-10-20, 12:10 AM
It's..... it's a not from my old fiance.......

(Deadtime.. just for the cliffhanger moment. :smalltongue::smallbiggrin:)

The Bushranger
2009-10-20, 12:12 AM
"Oh dear."
Looks like that leaving the past behind won't happen quite yet...

((Bah, cliffhangers! :smalltongue:
G'night))

SeptAngel
2009-10-20, 01:57 PM
Mercedes growls off her deadtime at the bar.

Falgorn
2009-10-20, 03:41 PM
Cornelius is around.

And so is...someone else!
He wears complete black plate, with blood red details. His face is obscured by a menacing helmet. He orders some tequila.

SeptAngel
2009-10-20, 03:48 PM
Tequila guy catches Mercedes attention. She watches him while sipping her DLB.

Falgorn
2009-10-20, 03:51 PM
The man nods to Mercedes, gulping down the whole bottle.

SeptAngel
2009-10-20, 03:52 PM
She nods in return. Long day?

Falgorn
2009-10-20, 03:54 PM
Long life... He sighs, shaking his head. Don't let me bring you down.
I'm supposed to have a new, pink plate armor by Tuesday. Heavens know why...

SeptAngel
2009-10-20, 03:55 PM
She quirks an eyebrow. Pink doesn't seem like your color.

Falgorn
2009-10-20, 03:58 PM
Apparently, it's to "Confuse the Enemy" and that sort of nonsense.
My adviser also said a kitten suit would be good, because no one would hurt a kitten.
Why do I always feel like I'm surrounded by idiots.... He sighs, heavier this time. Tell me, what is your name?

SeptAngel
2009-10-20, 03:59 PM
Mercedes. And I don't think a kitten suit would look proper on you either.

Falgorn
2009-10-20, 04:04 PM
He blinks, like he's heard the name before. He shrugs it off, though. Why have you, an obviously intelligent woman, come to a bar with such...low standards?

SeptAngel
2009-10-20, 04:07 PM
The people. She states plainly. They make sure never to let me down with entertainment.

Falgorn
2009-10-20, 04:10 PM
Interesting. Any good fights happen recently? I'm always itching for action, it's a bad habit. He orders another drink.

SeptAngel
2009-10-20, 04:15 PM
A few. Nothing too exciting though I'm afraid. She laughs at his excitement over a fight. You know my name, but I have yet to learn yours.

Falgorn
2009-10-20, 04:19 PM
The man clears his throat. I have many names. I am The Darkener, The Apocalypse, The Destroyer of Hope, Dark Lord Emperor, Head Councilman of the Brotherhood of Shadows and the people of Twistyville call me the Benevolent King.
But you can call me Jose!

SeptAngel
2009-10-20, 04:21 PM
I kinda like The Darkener. But Jose will work too. She laughs.

Falgorn
2009-10-20, 04:29 PM
You can call me any of those amazing titles. I didn't think of them myself, I must warn you. So they don't have a seal of awesome. Or of any kind. Would you like a drink?

SeptAngel
2009-10-20, 04:32 PM
Does Jose have the seal of awesome? How was the tequila?

Falgorn
2009-10-20, 04:38 PM
Depends on how strong you like your drinks.
And yes, Jose is an awesome name. He orders her a shot of the drink.

SeptAngel
2009-10-20, 04:40 PM
Alcohol doesn't have any affect on me. She takes the shot, licking the salt off her hand before. Her player loves tequila shots. :smallbiggrin:

Falgorn
2009-10-20, 04:41 PM
As does his.

He would say more, but deadtime hits him.

SeptAngel
2009-10-20, 04:44 PM
Mercedes sighs at his deadtime and takes a few more shots.

Artemis97
2009-10-20, 04:49 PM
Raril shakes himself awake and takes a look around the Taverna.

SeptAngel
2009-10-20, 04:52 PM
Mercedes nods to Raril. Hey stranger.

Artemis97
2009-10-20, 04:55 PM
"Hello." He replies.

Now, Art tries to remember weather Raril has met Mercedes before or not. We know Mercedes knows his brother...

SeptAngel
2009-10-20, 04:57 PM
Met like once in the taverna. Through Kantur I believe while he still ran Trog's. You are either a different version of the Raril I've met or you don't remember me. When we did meet I was pretty different and human. She smirks a little.

Artemis97
2009-10-20, 05:01 PM
"I am the only version of myself that I know of. I can't let imposters run around, trying to be me. It would ruin my reputation." The drow grins. "And now that you mention it, I think I do remember you. Mercedes, isn't it?"

((And now I have the amusing image of Raril fighting himself. hehe.))

SeptAngel
2009-10-20, 05:08 PM
((Hehe that would be funny.))

It is Mercedes. And there are at least three other versions of me. You never know what all is out there. She grins. How've you been?

celtois
2009-10-20, 05:15 PM
Alexis looks at Elieen.. What do you think I should do?

I have 40 min... tops

The Bushranger
2009-10-20, 05:24 PM
Eileen sighs, shaking her head. "I don't know. I'd say follow what your heart says...but I'm probably not the best person to be giving romantic advice."

Artemis97
2009-10-20, 05:26 PM
Raril shrugs. "Well... things have been better. But they've also been much, much worse, so I really can't complain."

celtois
2009-10-20, 05:26 PM
Well I guess I should reply. She scribbles a note back on the page.

Come meet me in the Taverna, I'll explain everything.
-Love Alexis

Bamf the note goes flying back.

SeptAngel
2009-10-20, 05:27 PM
You got married, didn't you? How's that working out?

Moff Chumley
2009-10-20, 05:29 PM
The Moff yawns and saunters downstairs. Afternoon, everyone... that was quite the late night... He rubs his eyes and walks out into the day.

The Bushranger
2009-10-20, 05:34 PM
Eileen leans back and waits.

pop!

Dani appears next to the table, wearing that pink dress, looking nervous, upset, happy, and pensive all at once...
I...I was worried you wouldn't write back.

celtois
2009-10-20, 05:36 PM
Of course I was going to. Dani.. this is Elieen. Elieen, Dani. Alexis smiles and moves over.. then pats the seat beside her. So you have a few questions for me a gather.

Artemis97
2009-10-20, 05:40 PM
"I did! I did." The drow confirms, smiling slightly. Subconciously, he touches the golden bracelet he wears on his left wrist. Slowly Raril's smile falters. "I don't know, to be honest. I haven't spoken to her recently."

SeptAngel
2009-10-20, 05:41 PM
Be careful with that. My husband and I divorced after he disappeared on me for a while. She advises.

The Bushranger
2009-10-20, 05:43 PM
Eileen smiles and nods to Dani as she's introduced, and Dani giggles a little, smiling back, before sitting next to Alexis and nodding.

Yeah. Um...well..
She looks away, then back.
How'd you become a...well...what you are. And why are you scared of Sammie?

celtois
2009-10-20, 05:46 PM
I've been a vampire since I came back. It's a long story and not one I really want to explain. I'm not scared of her, I just, I saw her cheating on you again. She was talking about how you where fine with it. I realized that I should just cut ties and start over. Alexis shrugs. So I left and came here, working on starting again.

One more post left.

Artemis97
2009-10-20, 05:48 PM
Raril sighs and his shoulders sag. "I don't want to lose her." He mumbles.

SeptAngel
2009-10-20, 05:50 PM
Then don't do what I did and sit back waiting for them to return to you. Find them.

Artemis97
2009-10-20, 05:52 PM
"She was standing in this tavern a few nights ago." The drow states. "But deadtime interferes..." He frowns.

The Bushranger
2009-10-20, 05:53 PM
Dani closes her eyes, shaking her head. I'd prefer she was just with me, but I don't want to lose her and Theo so I told her it's alright as long as she tells me. But she did it again with somebody else. I love her. But I still feel like I have something with you too, even if it's only friendship - promise you won't leave forever? She looks over at Alexis, eyes wide and hopeful.

SeptAngel
2009-10-20, 05:54 PM
That's not something you can control. But being that close is a good sign.

celtois
2009-10-20, 05:56 PM
Yeah I'll still see you from time to time.. Yeah we can be friends..

(Deadtime)

The Bushranger
2009-10-20, 06:08 PM
Dani smiles, and goes to give Alexis' hand a squeeze. Thanks, Lexie. I...I don't know what will happen, but I'll always be your friend too...

Deadtime ooze and/or continuity correction hits her. :smalltongue:

Eileen yawns, and looks around the tavern.

SeptAngel
2009-10-20, 06:11 PM
Eileen might not be happy when Mirari walks in the door.

Artemis97
2009-10-20, 06:15 PM
She'll probably spot Raril talking to Mercedes. He's looking a tad depressed.

"I try. But I'm afraid. I keep thinking that, someday, I'll hurt her. Someday, I'll go too far, and she won't be able to forgive me."

SeptAngel
2009-10-20, 06:18 PM
Doubtful it will happen.

Mirari spots Mercedes and heads in their direction. And conversation goes on inside their heads that no one should probably hear anyway. The half demon smiles to Raril. Hey again.

The Bushranger
2009-10-20, 06:22 PM
Oh, Eileen is simply overjoyed. :smalltongue:

She decides to order a double martini, and tries to bore holes in Mirari's back with her gaze.

Artemis97
2009-10-20, 06:42 PM
"You're probably right."The drow looks up and gives a half-hearted smile. "Hi Mirari."

SeptAngel
2009-10-20, 06:44 PM
She puts a certain finger behind her back at Eileen, grinning at Raril. Aww, what's wrong? Mercedes get you down? She does that.

The goddess just rolls her eyes at the younger girl.

The Bushranger
2009-10-20, 06:52 PM
Eileen rolls her own eyes, taking a sip of her drink and entertaining the mental image of dropping Mirari off a cliff Wile E. Coyote style. :smalltongue:

Artemis97
2009-10-20, 07:02 PM
Raril chuckles a bit and shakes his head. "No, no. I'm just being gloomy." He assures her.

SeptAngel
2009-10-20, 07:04 PM
Just making sure. Would a drink help with the gloom? She offers.

Mercedes notes the feud between the girls and eyes Eileen curiously.

Artemis97
2009-10-20, 07:12 PM
The drow grins. "Actually, I think it might." At least, it would help keep his nigh constant headache at bay.

The Bushranger
2009-10-20, 07:14 PM
The blonde Favoured Soul returns Mercedes' look neutrally and levelly, with a nod of acknowledgement.

SeptAngel
2009-10-20, 07:18 PM
She orders two black shadows.

Mercedes chuckles softly. Mirari reminded her of herself really.

McBish
2009-10-20, 07:24 PM
Geoff comes downstairs from his room in his nice new three piece suit and sits down ordering some food.

Artemis97
2009-10-20, 07:34 PM
Raril raises his glass towards Mirari and takes a sip. He shivers as the icy liquid goes down his throat. It wasn't his usual choice of drink, but it was nice.

The Bushranger
2009-10-20, 07:35 PM
Eileen finishes her drink, and gets glomped by a deadtime ooze.

SeptAngel
2009-10-20, 07:38 PM
Hard to be gloomy with chills going down your spine. She points out with a smirk.

Rebonack
2009-10-20, 07:40 PM
Zee isn't here.

Which of course begs the question where she is considering that this was her last location before a temporal anomaly wandered past and snagged her. Did she shake off the dead time and go somewhere else? Or maybe Elsewhere?

Is she caught up some kind of crazy adventure? Hunting for some lost artifact of terrible power? Thwarting the plans of deranged cultists aiming to bring about the end of all worlds?

Or maybe her lack of presence has to do with that mini-chimera snoozing out of view in the rafters.

The world may never know.

Artemis97
2009-10-20, 07:48 PM
Raril laughs. "I think you're right. Although, now I feel like I need my coat..." He's tempted to pull it out of his bag.

SeptAngel
2009-10-20, 07:53 PM
It's not that cold. She laughs and shakes her head. I grew up on these things.

Artemis97
2009-10-20, 08:03 PM
"Well, I grew up in a place that was consistantly warm. If you went much lower, you'd start hitting molten rock." The drow explains.

SeptAngel
2009-10-20, 08:05 PM
True. It was usually colder up in the mountains.

Mercedes shakes her head and casts a small spell on Raril's drink. Try that. Now instead of the chills, he'll feel warmth.

Artemis97
2009-10-20, 08:13 PM
Raril takes another sip of his drink and smiles. "Now that is nice. Thank you." It reminded him a bit of his favored Cormyrian Fireamber. "The mountains... I remember a temple in the mountains."

SeptAngel
2009-10-20, 08:17 PM
Because you were there before Mirari was born. Some spell went array and you just appeared that. It was my ex-husbands temple. She reminds him.

Artemis97
2009-10-20, 08:23 PM
"Ah, yes." Raril takes a somewhat larger gulp of his drink. Ex-husband's were probably a touchy subject. He tries to gently steer the conversation a different way. "I've always had trouble with the teleportation spell. I never studied properly in school. I was having too much fun spending my nights in town." The drow grins broadly.

SeptAngel
2009-10-20, 08:25 PM
I've always just used shadows. They were easier for me. I remembering showing you as a wolf my shadow magic. She laughs, remembering.

Artemis97
2009-10-20, 08:49 PM
"I think I remember that." Raril looks up and away, trying to recall. "I know you bought me a steak." He smirks. "Shadow magic is good stuff. Useful for bolstering illusions. Just the other day, in fact, I got into a duel with an evil lich. Got him with a fireball, and it was just an illusion!" The drow boasts.

SeptAngel
2009-10-20, 08:51 PM
Wish I could have seen it. Bet you kicked lich butt. She's helping boost that confidence. And I think I got you a couple of steaks that night.

Artemis97
2009-10-20, 09:01 PM
"I'm a hungry wolf." He confirms with a grin.

SeptAngel
2009-10-20, 09:04 PM
She shakes her head and grin. One that loves his belly scratched too.

Mercedes is just laughing under her breath at the two.

Artemis97
2009-10-20, 09:34 PM
Raril smiles sheepishly, a tad embarrassed by that. "What can I say? It feels nice." He says with a shrug.

SeptAngel
2009-10-20, 09:38 PM
Uh huh sure. She laughs. He lucks out though as both girls get hit by the deadtime ooze that seems to be gathering in the taverna.

Ashen Lilies
2009-10-20, 09:39 PM
Johannes is in the Taverna, enjoying a drink when... A guy with full body tattoos, red eyes, wielding a giant spider leg as a weapon and wearing nothing but shorts walks through a wall!
Dun dun dunnn!!!!

Reinholdt
2009-10-20, 09:44 PM
*squeak*
*squeak*
*squeak*
*squeak*

Squeaky Shoes Man walks through the empty space where there was a wall and takes a seat.

http://i455.photobucket.com/albums/qq276/Reinholdt9000/Avatars/squeakyshoesman.png

Artemis97
2009-10-20, 09:45 PM
Raril does a double take when the tattoo'd man bursts intot he tavern. "Nine Hells!"

Ashen Lilies
2009-10-20, 09:50 PM
The Champion points at Johannes.
"You......"
"Yes?"
"I will kill you! I am the Champion."
"Oh. Okay then."
They stare at each other for a few seconds nonchalantly. Johannes takes a sip of his drink. And then broken bits of tables go flying and there's a sound roughly resembling a sonic boom as both of them suddenly appear at the center of the room, weapons locked.
Raril probably gets ale to the face.

*offers chance to react before the biiiig post*

McBish
2009-10-20, 09:51 PM
Geoff reacts quickly jumping over the bar and hiding there pulling one of the waitresses down with him. And managing to grab a bottle while he is there.

Artemis97
2009-10-20, 09:56 PM
Such is Raril's luck. The drow puts up a hand to block the flying tankard, but that does nothing to stop the ale from splashing all over him. Now soaking wet, smelling of alcohol, and thoroughly annoyed, he growls low. The drow's eyes glow red and his hands drift towards the hilts of his swords.

Reinholdt
2009-10-20, 09:57 PM
SSM is just watching, mostly amused. He does not interfere.

Ashen Lilies
2009-10-20, 10:03 PM
*puts on Viking Metal Thrash Whatever*

The two fighters remain locked for several seconds, muscles bulging.
"My... Power... Exceeds... Yours!"
"Nooo!"
Johannes swings his sword, which is now inexplicably glowing for some reason, and the Champion is flung, crashing through a rafter and through the roof into Outside.
Then he comes back through the hole, now glowing red, and jabs rapidly at Johannes.
The Champion and Johannes have a quick DBZ style battle of a thousand blows thingy.
Come on Raril! Join in! It'll be fun! For me. :smalltongue:

Artemis97
2009-10-20, 10:07 PM
Raril takes his hands off his swords and instead reaches for the crossbow on his back. He carefully loads a bolt into it and shoulders the weapon. His crimson eyes glint evilly as he takes aim for the floor between the two combatants. He pulls the trigger.

*flit*

And a massive explosion spreads from where the bolt strikes.

KABOOM

Ashen Lilies
2009-10-20, 10:12 PM
Boom.

The combatants are on the floor, dazed, looking at the spot they just were at.
Three way fight!

The Champion charges at Raril, but gets punched in the face by Johannes, who gets elbowed by Champion, who is kicked in the crotch by Johannes, who is stabbed in the thigh by Champion, who punches himself in the chin by accident,.
Then they distangle and Johannes bats Champion with his sword. Champion rebounds off a wall and glides above Johannes and Raril, raining blows with his spear from above.

McBish
2009-10-20, 10:12 PM
Geoff is glad he is behind the nice big bar right now. He grabs to glasses and offers her the waitress a drink and himself one as well. They start chatting behind the bar.

Artemis97
2009-10-20, 10:18 PM
Raril drops back, trying to avoid being stabbed by the spear (spider leg?), but still takes a gash on his shoulder. A pair of daggers slide into his hands, and he throws both at the Champion as he flips overhead.

Ashen Lilies
2009-10-20, 10:24 PM
Technically a spider-like eldritch abomination, but yeah, pretty much.

The Champion flips and twirls, spinning the leg and deflecting both daggers away. Johannes takes one to the throat.
Ouch. He's just gonna sit there for a while.

The Champion darts forwards a bit and pops upward again, jabbin' and stabbin' at Raril for a bit.

Artemis97
2009-10-20, 10:36 PM
Raril draws his rapier and one frozen short sword and dances back from the strikes, dodging and parrying. Slowly, methodically, he tries to turn the momentum of the battle against the Champion, and create an opening to slide the thin blade of the rapier through. A thick, dart liquid coats the blade. Drow knockout poison, strong enough to have a big man feeling sleepy in a matter of minutes.

Ashen Lilies
2009-10-20, 10:39 PM
The rapier goes to his ribs! But is deflected and barely grazes his thigh. Doesn't matter though, because of the knockout poison. Raril may spot Chamion's movements start to become sluggish...

Meanwhile, Johannes is currently pulling the dagger out of his jugular. He wipes it on his cape.

McBish
2009-10-20, 10:39 PM
Geoff peaks up from behind the bar, and motions for the waitress to run up the stairs, and then quickly follows her. And off to his room they go.

Inigo Montoya
2009-10-20, 10:47 PM
Inigo undeadtimes, blinks, and decides to sit this fight out.

Artemis97
2009-10-20, 10:52 PM
Good to know Johannes is okay.

Seeing the Champion slow, a wicked smile spreads across the drow's face. He presses the attack, now focusing his strikes on the Champion's neck and face, trying to blind or outright kill him.