PDA

View Full Version : PM Box Not Working.

Logalmier
2009-10-19, 05:51 PM
A couple of weeks ago I sent a PM to a certain individual telling them that the avatar they had requested was done. I waited for two weeks, and then sent them another PM in case they missed the first one. It has been three weeks since then, and I have not heard back, even though I sent 3 more PMs to him. I've made sure to keep my inbox with space, and I know that he's been active recently, so my only conclusion can be that there's something wrong with my PM box.

Help?:smallfrown:

Douglas
2009-10-19, 05:58 PM
Maybe his PM box is full?

wxdruid
2009-10-19, 05:58 PM
Have you tried sending it with a 'read receipt'? They don't necessarily have to agree to send the read receipt back, but it is one possible method to finding out if they read it or not.

Logalmier
2009-10-19, 06:03 PM
Have you tried sending it with a 'read receipt'? They don't necessarily have to agree to send the read receipt back, but it is one possible method to finding out if they read it or not.

Thanks, I'll try that.

NerfTW
2009-10-19, 08:04 PM
so my only conclusion can be that there's something wrong with my PM box.

That's not the only conclusion one can draw from it.

Logalmier
2009-10-19, 08:28 PM
That's not the only conclusion one can draw from it.

Or that his PM box is full. Or that he's ignoring me. Or that I accidentally sent it to the wrong person five times. Or that the aliens came down and replaced him. (Those blasted aliens.:smallmad:)

Fostire
2009-10-19, 08:54 PM
Actually if his pm box was full you would get an error message telling you it's full (i think).

sofawall
2009-10-20, 08:54 PM
People often miss when they have a message.

lesser_minion
2009-10-22, 09:04 PM
People often miss when they have a message.

They get an e-mail with the full text of the message, so they can't miss them that often (unless they only ever access the site from a public computer or something like that).

Nevrmore
2009-10-22, 09:07 PM
Or if they barely check their emails, like me.

lesser_minion
2009-10-22, 09:13 PM
Or if they barely check their emails, like me.

OK, I'll accept that not everyone who uses a personal computer uses a mail client.

Good point.

Fostire
2009-10-22, 09:22 PM
OK, I'll accept that not everyone who uses a personal computer uses a mail client.

Good point.

Also some people have that option disabled.

Renegade Paladin
2009-10-22, 10:50 PM
They get an e-mail with the full text of the message, so they can't miss them that often (unless they only ever access the site from a public computer or something like that).
I have that turned off because I visit the board enough that I don't feel like getting spammed about something I'll see anyway. I imagine I'm not the only one.

sofawall
2009-10-23, 12:44 PM

I don't get an e-mail, and I don't get the little pop-up thing that you can turn on.

All I get is the little "Unread 1, Total 1." line. It's easy to miss, too.

Fostire
2009-10-23, 12:48 PM
I don't get an e-mail, and I don't get the little pop-up thing that you can turn on.

All I get is the little "Unread 1, Total 1." line. It's easy to miss, too.

Really? I find that the little bold number is an attention catcher. And even if it weren't, new PMs also show when checking for new posts in your subscribed threads.

Logalmier
2009-10-23, 07:52 PM
Yeah, I think he's just not noticing my PMs. I've taken wxdruids advice and sent a receipt with my PM, and it's just saying that he hasn't read it.

Oh well.:smallfrown:

Bhu
2009-10-23, 08:08 PM
I've been trying to respond to PM's in my box, and keep getting a 403 error saying I dont have permission to post on the forums. Its possible he has that problem too.

sofawall
2009-10-23, 09:25 PM
checking for new posts in your subscribed threads.

I don't do that either.