PDA

View Full Version : Link to Ookoodook in news section is broken

Claudius Maximus
2009-10-19, 06:04 PM
The title pretty much covers it. The link goes to giantitp.com/ookoodook.com/etc, which results in a 404.

Gamerlord
2009-10-19, 06:08 PM
I know, I doubt I will ever buy anything from it but I'm curious what it looks like! :smallyuk:

Jack Squat
2009-10-19, 06:18 PM
I know, I doubt I will ever buy anything from it but I'm curious what it looks like! :smallyuk:

Here ya go then (http://www.ookoodook.com/store/index.shtml)

Really it's just a problem of "www.giantitp.com/" being in front of the address. Easy enough fix.

The Giant
2009-10-19, 07:15 PM
It should be fixed now.

Zeta Kai
2009-10-19, 07:19 PM
It should be fixed now.

I'm sorry to contradict you, but it is not, as of yet, fixed. Good luck with that link, because the site is pretty cool already.

Also, I'm sensing a new book for sale. Squee.

Claudius Maximus
2009-10-19, 07:29 PM
Yeah, it still has the giantitp.com/ in front of it.

Just in case Rich looks here again, Rob Balder said the Erfworld book was going to be published by GiTP. Does this mean that Erfworld merchandise will be sold on Ookoodook?

The Giant
2009-10-19, 08:10 PM
OK, I found the problem. The link in the source code does not have giantitp.com in front of it, it's just missing a / after http:. That was making browsers think I'm trying to link to a site on this webpage and bouncing them back here. My browser was figuring it out for some reason, probably because I've been working on the site all day.

Anyway, NOW I think it's fixed.

Icewalker
2009-10-19, 08:17 PM
Yup, it's all set now. Looks good.

Zeta Kai
2009-10-19, 09:15 PM
Anyway, NOW I think it's fixed.

You're correct, good sir. All is well. ZK approved! :smallbiggrin:

BTW, the merch looks sweet. Kudos, all around. :smallcool:

Zeb The Troll
2009-10-20, 01:57 AM
OH! You're selling Smirk and Dagger games! Oh joyous day!

*dances around Ookoodook like a monkey having fun*

:cool:

EDIT: It might worth noting that there is a particular Smirk and Dagger game, Hex*Hex (and it's sequel, Hex*Hex Next), that has become a fan favorite at several GitP meetups that is not listed on the site. Might be worth looking into adding that one.

The Giant
2009-10-20, 11:24 AM
OH! You're selling Smirk and Dagger games! Oh joyous day!

*dances around Ookoodook like a monkey having fun*

:cool:

EDIT: It might worth noting that there is a particular Smirk and Dagger game, Hex*Hex (and it's sequel, Hex*Hex Next), that has become a fan favorite at several GitP meetups that is not listed on the site. Might be worth looking into adding that one.

Oh, we know about Hex*Hex. But Kevin of APE Games is working directly with S&D's founder on this, so I assume that they simply don't have any copies currently available to send us. They're probably sold out on the distributor level.

Fawkes
2009-10-20, 12:37 PM
Also, I'm sensing a new book for sale. Squee.

Gee, whatever gave you that impression?
http://www.ookoodook.com/store/slideshow/Slideshow_DPtP_teaser.gif

Six days until DPtP!

Khaeta
2009-10-20, 12:55 PM
Hurm, there's stuff for 5-foot steps...There's a thread on it, but I can't even get "show image" to work...any chance that could be put up here somewhere, or at least have the pictures fixed on the WotC site?

Zeta Kai
2009-10-20, 01:29 PM

Captain Obvious busted through the window & stomped the impression into my face. He's subtle like that. :smallamused:

Also, your avatar is sweet.

The Dark Fiddler
2009-10-20, 02:35 PM
http://www.ookoodook.com/store/slideshow/Slideshow_DPtP_teaser.gif

Six days until DPtP!

Rich said there was a typo in the file name. :smalltongue:

Fawkes
2009-10-20, 04:27 PM
It will always be DPtP to me. (Pronounced 'dip-tip')

The Dark Fiddler
2009-10-20, 06:35 PM
It will always be DPtP to me. (Pronounced 'dip-tip')

And I will always remember this as the book that was almost the Sinnoh Pokemon games.

...that's the typo! It's supposed to be DPPt! :smalltongue:

Zeta Kai
2009-10-20, 10:30 PM
It's supposed to be DPPt!

"Dippit"? :smallconfused: :smallbiggrin: I'll bet money that this thread gets locked soon.

Fawkes
2009-10-20, 10:35 PM
When would a title end with a lowercase t?

Zeb The Troll
2009-10-21, 12:17 AM
Oh, we know about Hex*Hex. But Kevin of APE Games is working directly with S&D's founder on this, so I assume that they simply don't have any copies currently available to send us. They're probably sold out on the distributor level.Awesome! I can't wait to see what other comics/game retailers you guys get for this. I'll definitely be checking in often. :smallcool:

Mercenary Pen
2009-10-21, 04:53 AM
"Dippit"? :smallconfused: :smallbiggrin: I'll bet money that this thread gets locked soon.

A reference to the pokemon games Diamond, Pearl and Platinum.

The Dark Fiddler
2009-10-21, 02:59 PM
When would a title end with a lowercase t?

Diamond, Pearl, Platinum.

Not ending in it, just differentiating it from the other P.